• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Project Anima

Crimson watch as the flames went in front of her blocking her path. She thought about jumping through it, getting burnt was nothing compared to dying. When it turned to ice however she slipped surprised by it. She slid to the wall and punched it not sure what to do.

The sound of ice cracking made her look over, seeing the Spears she quickly gripped her dagger. She was a little slow however as they came at her slicing through her body. "Damn..." She looked up at the girl on the other side of the ice. Thankfully they were mostly scratches and a few deeper cuts on her side and leg. Nothing she wasn't use to. Walking through she hit the wall again. "Hey! If you really know Norman then knock it off before you burn him alive!" She yelled as she looked around. If this didn't work, she would kill her before the dragon killed them.

"Norman...?"

The girl twitched slightly, then turned toward Crimson. She wasn't seeing her, just using her voice to know where she was at.

"Norman...Norman...you killed him...YOU KILLED HIM!" She was screaming in frenzy. The flaming dragon which was striking Steel retracted back to her, and now was going full force toward Crimson. The ice surrounding her was flash-melted, giving off hot steam, and turned into bone-scorching flames.

"Miss Crimson!"

A large, metallic hand had pierced through the sea of flame, scooping Crimson back toward the group. It retracted quickly before the flame engulfed them whole.

"K-kill? But I'm right here-" Norman was beyond confused at this point. The girl was still screaming.

"You took him away from me! I hate you! I HATE YOU! HATE, HATE, HATE, HATE! BURN! BURN!"

"I honestly have no idea what's happening," Gills sighed. The flame had grown so strong, even staying at this distance was starting to hurt. "I think there's a misunderstanding somehow?"

Seeing the girl react Crimson hoped it was over. The thought was blown out the window when she heard the girl saying Crimson killed him. "Crap..." She mumbled before turning to see the dragon. The heat was becoming hard to deal with and soon she brought her arms up to protect her face from the steam and fire.

There was no way she was getting out of this. Her body was hot and she was sure it was blistering when she was taken out of it by a mettle hand. When she was as safe as she could be at the moment she looked down at her arms. Most of her exposed body was red and blistered here and there, thankfully the bleeding stopped for now. Hearing the men she turned to them. "Clearly!" She snapped at the prince before walking up to Norman. "You need to get through. Yell at her tell her your alive. My shadows can't get through the flames or I would get you closer so this will have to do and you need to be loud. Unless someone knows water magic or something to help" she turned to them. Sure she was kinda pissy, but her body was burnt and cut up. The assassin just wanted to get this over with and now.

Gills snorted. He didn't appreciate being shouted at like that for no reason. In the first place, it wasn't his fault that she jumped in by herself without a concrete plan!

"We...might...be able to do it..." Arty murmured. She looked weak after keeping Steel out for a long time. The metallic dragon was still hovering above the group, its disposition unclear whether it wanted to protect them or devour them. "Steel can keep the flame away...for a while...but we still need to at least knock her out..."

"Got it," Gills slapped Norman on the back. "Then you go!"

"B-but?!"

"No buts! We're using you as distraction. Get near her, meanwhile we'll attack from the side and knock that crazy girl out. That good with you?"

He turned toward Crimson. "My rapier will open the way. But you're the only one who can phase through those ice in case she noticed us. Can you do it in the split second where I sweep away the flame?"

Crimson arched her brow at Gills. He would really put the one person with out magic or magic object? She sighed softly then looked to the girl with her arms crossed. "It will be a bit difficult but of course I can" she mumbled before looking back at him. "Let's do this now before are princess passes out and losses control"

Gills smirked at Crimson. "Good, let's go."

"Wait," Norman interrupted. Crimson had a point. "How the heck do you expect me to accomplish that??"

"I said it'll be alright, just get your ass moving before we all burn to ash."

Gills shot out toward the right side of the dragon. He scraped his rapier's tip toward the ground, making sparks fly as he ran as fast as he could. The flaming dragon did notice him, but before it could do anything, the metallic Dragon Steel had rushed forward, using its entire body to block the flame from coming through. It was as if the amalgamation of blades was drilling through the flame.

"Ah, whatever! I'll do it!" Norman yelled before rushing behind Steel. He was somewhat safe from direct contact with the flame, but it was still unbearably hot. But the closer he get toward the girl, more memories resurfaced to his mind. It was the same girl he had saved back then. He was sure of it. And that was also, his first-

Steel had abruptly stopped moving, and then it flew up, opening the way between Norman and the girl. There was a small empty space between the two before the flame would close up again. He used that chance to jump in toward her.

"Lillian! It's me, Norman!" He cried out to her. The girl moved her head up to face the bartender, hesitating for a while, before falling to hysteria again.

"You're not Norman! Norman's voice isn't like that!"

...Oh yeah. He did age thirty years. He's an old man now...

Crimson looked over to Norman then Gills before moving after him. She didn't know what would happen, but she ran ready to do as she must. Seeing Norman made it through was a bit of a relief, but... something was wrong. "She doesn't believe him" she mumbled before turning that way. He won't make it back through.

Her hand flicked up twords Norman "lanuae magicae umbra" she was soon next to him hand on his arm. "Norman..." She was going to say she could get him away from there, but something else changed her mind. "I can get you through, but hold onto me" she grabbed him tightly as she placed his hand up to the ice. Her mind on the girl.

Her hand still on her dagger making them both shadow to make it easier. Lanuae magicae umbra" she mumbled as she closed her eyes tightly. After a bit they were through, but Crimson was breathing heavily. She had used a lot of magic perhaps to much. she had been pushing it for a while, but she really did it now. "There, convince her before we are all burned alive" she breathed out as she let go of him with a small push to her.

Norman felt the push, and like miracle he slipped through the layers of ice encasing the girl, now in arms length of her. For a moment he hesitated, but in the end he knew what he had to do.

He lunged forward and caught her in a hug.

Arty and Rize froze upon seeing the view. It was...not a pretty picture. A middle-aged man hugging a little girl...

However, it had an effect compared to using his voice. The girl tensed for a moment, but then started to relax. "Nor...man...?" She murmured. This touch, it was something she knew very well. Even though it was only for a brief moment, but she had burned this sensation into her mind. Over and over and over again. For the past twenty-nine years. Even when the voice had changed, even when his body seemed bigger than before, she knew.

It was Norman. Tears started to trickle down from within her eyelids, even though there was no eyes inside.

"That idiot-"

Gills on the other hand swerved around toward where Crimson had went to. The Dragon had went wild after the girl calmed down. The ice surrounding the girl had grown bigger, spikes of ice thrusting out as time passed on. The flame was also growing stronger, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to call this heat comparable to the sun. With the girl not commanding it, the dragon must had decided that everyone here were enemies.

"Sylph"

In an instant, Gills was behind her. "Don't pass out on us yet. You're the only one who can get through that ice. Just hit her on the back of her neck or something. If she's unconscious then the dragon should go away!" After saying that, it was his turn this time to give her a strong push. It was a huge gamble. If Crimson failed to do so, the flame wings around them would engulf them in an instant. Not even Steel could make it in time, not when it was busy protecting Arty and Rize back there.

"Counting on ya," he grinned, before turning around and unleashed the force piling up in his rapier. The shockwave dispersed the flame, even if just for an instant.

Crimson watched the two through almost tunnel like vision. She was pushing it. hearing the dragon she looked over, but instead of seeing it she seen Gills standing in front of flames. His words made her role her eyes. "I'm not going to pass out idiot prince" she mumbled before putting her hand up again. One last push. "Lanuae magicae umbra" She said a bit louder then a mumble. This brought her right beside the two. "Norman..." She said softly as she put her hand on his arm. He had to put her down. "She will be alright, but I need to finish this" She put her dagger away, ready to knock her out with a hit to the back of the neck when he put her down.

To say the flame dragon was going wild was a gross underestimation. It was roaring crazy, its flame burning everything on sight. It had sprouted more "wings", licks of flame large enough to engulf the Tower again and again. All these burning was concentrated toward the dragon Steel, whose underside shielded Arty and Rize from it. But for how long? The outer blades comprising Steel's scales were starting to glow hot, and it wouldn't be long before the inside's heat become unbearable, regardless of whether it could shield the two properly or not.

Gills was right in the middle of it all. The space given by his rapier's shockwave was large, but it quickly closed down in an instant. He looked back toward the chunk of ice which was the girl and Norman. Did she make it in time?

Inside the ice, Norman gave the little girl a squeeze. "It'll be okay," he spoke in a calming tone, "I won't go away anymore, so please, trust in me."

The girl stirred upon hearing his voice once more. It was still not Norman's voice. But somehow, she trusted it this time. The bartender let the girl go so that Crimson could reach her.

"Don't kill her, 'kay?" Norman gave Crimson a tired smile. He was at his limit too, everyone was. "I...have a lot I want to talk about."

Gills smiled. He couldn't hear what was happening inside the ice, but it seemed okay now. Well, not for him, but good enough. Now Crimson just need to finish it all before this flame would consume him whole. The lick of flame rolled and swerved into one, all congregating toward where Gills was standing.

Crimson nodded at Norman's words as she watched him put her down. With one swift movement she hit the back of her neck. It wouldn't kill her but would knock her out for a time. She quickly reached her arm out catching her before looking at Norman. "You carry her... I definitely don't have the strength for it" she smirked slightly before backing off from them as he took her. After a moment she looked out to the others to see if it calmed down.

The moment she was knocked unconscious, it was as if a switch was flicked. The flame dissipated in an instant. The tendrils aiming toward Gills brushed past him, turning into empty air. The flaming body of the dragon returned back into its red sphere, before the sphere itself slowly shrunk down until it become a tiny dot. And then, silent.

Norman cradled the small body into his arms, lifting her up in an embrace. "Thanks," he smiled at Crimson.

"We need, to go," Rize spoke up. She had been silent in this entire ordeal, keeping close to Arty in order to protect her. Without her Animus artifact, though, she knew that she was only a burden. But now that the threat had been neutralized, she still had something she could do. Crimson and the rest were too tired to open the escape path, so she should.

"Riz will, make a path, so come," she jumped out through the gate. The hall started to shook. The Magic holding this place together was starting to unravel, and bit by bit the space was disappearing.

"Let's go," Norman ran toward the gate as well. Arty had returned Steel, and then trod through the gate behind the bartender.

Gills walked over to where Crimson was. The ice was breaking into dust, and the space started to go hollow starting from her back. She was clearly exhausted. He reached out his hand toward her.

"You need help? Want me to carry you?" His words sound genuine, but the way he toned it and the smug expression on his face looked as if he was mocking her.

Crimson watched was the room started to cool off and soon the flames gone. Hearing Norman she nodded and took a few steps tword the exit. She knew she needed to be quick, but she was almost out of it. Hearing Gills she was tempted until she seen the look on his face.

Just the look gave her enough strength to push on. If he was going to be like that she didn't need his help even if she did need it. "No...I'm not weak I can make it" she pushed his hand way and started to run after the group. She didn't know what his problem was with her, but she had no reason to expect help from him or even wanted it with him like that.

Gills just shook his head. How stubborn can this woman be? He started to run behind her. But then, the hall's shaking grew stronger. Stronger. Stronger. The shining gate in front of them suddenly spiraled in, getting smaller in alarming rate.

"Oi! Get back here, quick!"

"Miss Crimson! Brother!"

"Quick, please...!"

Their comrades' voice grew more and more distant. Gills lunged forward with all his might, but it was no use. The gate was closed in the blink of an eye. They were left in the dark hall, and the space around them started to crumble into pieces. Soon there were no more ground, the only thing left were their footholds.

But then, it disappeared as well.

Gills was freefalling down into the dark abyss, unsure on what would happen next. The artificial space had imploded, and now they were expelled out. But where? He grabbed hold of Crimson's body, trying to keep them together as hard as he could, before the pull of the space sucked them away and he lost his consciousness...

Seeing the gate closing Crimson pushes harder, but it was no use. She was stuck there with Gills. Her eyes looked around for a place to get out from, but the darkness was making it hard to find anything. It was only a moment that she felt herself suddenly falling. Her hand reached up butt there was nothing. In seconds she felt gills hugging her tightly. Her body screamed in pain, but she held still. "Gills....too.. tight" she whispered before she could no longer take it and fallowed gills into nothing. She had blacked out seconds after he did.

3rd Phase
================================
How long was he out? When Gills opened his eyes, the only thing he saw was an empty blue sky and a hot, scorching sun in the distant, mercilessly raining down heat to the poor Prince. As he sat up, memories began to return. They had managed to stop the Dragon Princess, but he was left behind in the artificial space-

Crimson. He recalled that the assassin was with him when the space imploded. He immediately sat up and looked around. It didn't take long to spot her laying by his side, still unconscious. Her clothes are tattered from the fight, and burn marks were apparent on places not protected by her clothes.

Well, at least this wasn't hell. He was sure that he wouldn't get thrown in the same afterlife as this bloodthirsty woman, so yep, still alive, not hell.

"Now, where are we..." he looked around but all he could see was sand. The implosion had sent them into a desert, on top of a sand pile overlooking more sands below.

As the assassin's mind started waking up all she could feel was burning. Her body felt like it was on fire. Soon she groaned and slowly sat up almost twenty minutes after the prince. "Where..." She covered her eyes from the sun and looked around nothing but sand.

She bit her lip before shakily standing up and looking around for him before spotting him. "Where do you think we landed?" She asked softly as she moved up beside him. She needed shade bad to let her body up from the heat. "Do you see anything?" As she asked this she looked around hopping to find an oasis or something.

Gills turned around when he heard Crimson's voice. He took of his coat and then threw it to her.

"Use it," he said. "Your body was burned all over." After that, he turned back to watch the ground below them.

"Most likely this is the northern desert. Is this Irouqirin kingdom then? Dang, we're separated so far from Arty and Norman. I hope they're okay..." Gills ruffled his hair in frustation.

"Do you assassin know some method to survive des- wait," he waved at Crimson, telling her to get down so they won't be spotted. There were movements in the desert far below them. It looked like two travelers were chased by a group of camel-riders.

"...That's our ticket," Gills whistled. "If there's human here, then we can find somewhere to get supply. Which should we help, though? The camel riders, or the travelers?" He murmured, not sure on what to do next.

Crimson looked away slightly as she caught the jacket. Like he really cared, though she thought his a blush went to her face. She was pulling the jacket on slowly with a slightly pained expression as he spoke. It was worring that they were far from the group, but at the moment there was nothing they could do.

Hearing his question she turned to answer, but seeing him wave her down she soon dropped by his side and looked over at the chase below them. "Ether way, we will get some answers and a ride" she took out her dagger. "You decide, I'll fallow you" she looked to him as she brought her dagger up slightly ready to go at his say so. She was just to tiered to really decide much at that point.

Gills squinted his eyes for a moment, seemingly in conflict on which to help. In the end, he decided that helping the random travelers would be better. "In any case, we can get more things from two people instead of an entire group. And it's not like those camel riders would help us in return to begin with. You in?"

He winked at Crimson before rushing off, half-falling through the incline of the sand dune. His rapier was stretched on his side, brushing through the sand as he went down. When he almost reached the ground, the camel riders started to look toward where he was coming from. But it was too late.

Perfect Counter. Activating his Animus artifact, the force he had built up in his rapier from sliding down the sand dune was unleashed in an instant. He only aimed toward the sand below, but the impact was enough to blow away the entire convoy. Only two camel riders managed to evade the ensuing sand wave, while the rest fell off their camels and wailed in pain.

The two travelers stopped their escape, seemingly noticing that their pursuers were being attacked instead.

Crimson nodded at his logic, they would probably get information out of the two better even if they didn't help. Ether way they would get a ride and hopefully something to drink. She was going to answer but her face went red instead. What was she blushing for? Was her brain really fried?

With out another thought she ran after him knowing he would do something big, and she was right. Watching some fly she quickly three needles at the two still on the camels. Each hit a non kill zone. Once on them she ripped them down before looking to him. "Kill them all or let them live?" She asked as the rush from the attack gave her a bit of energy. Sadly it wasn't much, but enough to kill these men if he wanted her to.

Gills looked at the chaos around them. The two barely intact camel riders had fallen down as well, while the rest not caught by Crimson yet had scampered away to the desert, afraid for their lives. "Ehh...it's too much a hassle to care about these people," he sighed. A camel rider was close to him, and he was still disoriented after falling down the camel. Gills took his hand and pulled him up to his feet. But before the rider could say anything else, he had stabbed the rapier into his neck, up until the tip of the blade came out through his skull.

"Just kill the ones closest to you, if you so desire. But if they're fleeing, let them be. Don't waste your energy to chase them," he replied. It was quite an effective show of force. The rest of the riders were already discouraged after being caught by surprise. Seeing their friends killed so coldly had drained their entire morale. They had fled away without even looking back at their initial target.

Crimson watched him as he spoke. The thought of killing the two riders next to her made her smirk. Before they could run off her blade reached ones neck as her hand went around the others throat. She held it there chocking the life out of the man as the others ran from them. Once the one was dead she dropped the lifeless body to the ground. The others had ran, but she was to tiered to care.

After looking over to him she started to look through the packs in the camels just letting him talk to the two, if they even would talk to them after watching them. After a bit she thankfully found a water bla and opened it taking a drink before walking over to him and offering it to him with one hand as the other held the ropes of a few of the camels so they didn't run off.

Gills took the offered drink and had a sip. His mind was occupied with something else. Actually, after seeing that kind of carnage, everyone would just flee, right? It wouldn't do if the travelers they just saved got scared by them instead. At least they had camels now, but they were still lost in the middle of the desert...

Thankfully, his worry was for naught. yhe travelers came closer toward them instead of running away. Upon closer inspection, they were dressed in hooded cloak, which covered their entire body and hid their face and physique. This kin. of attire would be suspicious in cities, but here it was actually the norm.

The larger figure between the two opened his hood, revealing a brown-skinned man. An Iroqirin native. His face looked firm, most likely a man hardened by the harsh condition of their land.

"Thank you, strangers, for helping us," the man said, bowing politely. His companion followed suit, the hood and cloak hiding any distinguishable features. "You don't seem to be...prepared for this desert though, dressed like that. Those riders have some spare cloak in their stash, it'll do you good to use them." the man said with a smile.

Crimson looked over to the two as they came closer. Her hand on her dagger waiting for something to be wrong. When the hood came off the bigger one she kinda relaxed. Seeing the face was kinda comforting, the other not so much. After the man spoke she went over and dragged a dark red one off and put it around her before grabbing a green one and handed it to Gills. How the man knew about the cloaks, she didn't care.

The assassin leaned on a camel before jumping up on it. Just the motion almost made her black out. A pissed off look set on her face as she looked at her hands to fight back the coming darkness. Not a word left her mouth at that point, just wanting to save what little energy she could. Her hand moved up covering her face with the cloak, thankful they had it so she could cover her already burnt body. She will just let him deal with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back