• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Project Anima

Crimson was enjoying the blood shed she was causing. This job was definitely an entertaining one. Her blade and dress covered in the mage's blood. The assassin's blade was being pulled from the back of a mage when she heard the prince. Turning she watched as the creature came down on her, but instead of being killed she stepped back with a smirk. Her body covered in shadows. "nice try" her dagger rushed to it's throat . Feeling contact she took her dagger back as Her hand came to her throat feeling a scratch. "Hmm wasn't fast enough" she hummed before shrugging as she wiped the blood off and started over to the next set mages thinking it was dead.

Gills watched as the beast stopped moving for a long while, before slumping down unceremoniously. Just another easy kill for the assassin, it seemed. He was almost done himself, seeing the lions had stopped attacking. Only two were left alive, and both were cowering in the other side of the hall, trying to escape as far as they could.

That was when the surviving mages started to chant. It was a long chant, one which required a huge concentration of magic. The teleportation blocking spell was lifted at that instant. Starting from the uppermost balcony, the mages disappeared one by one, activating their long-range teleportation magic. It seemed that they had given up.

When the mage's started to chant Crimson frowned bringing her dagger up ready for something big to happen. When they started dissapearing she frowned a bit disappointed. Where they really going to just give? They were soon gone. With a shrug she jumped down landing gracefully before walking over to them. "Seems we are good to walk on and see the master" she gave them a small smile.

It was more convenient for Gills if the enemies ran away instead of fighting. He can't sympathize with Crimson's disappointment. He just shook his head, annoyed.

"Well there's no other door except for this one. Don't tell me we need our own teleportation sp-"

"It's coming..."

Arty pointed upward, toward a large gem in the ceiling. The gem glow in yellowish hue, before a booming voice echoed throughout the hall.

"I see how you slaughter my disciples. How amusing!"

A ray of light was cast from the gem, shining on the center of the hall. When the light subsided, there was a wizened old man dressed in white robe and gray pointy hat. His long, white beard was so long it touched his chest.

"I am the Master of this Tower, the Grand Teacher of Zebeth. Before I reduce you all to ashes, tell me your reason for infiltrating this place."

Crimson looked over to the prince and shrugged as she looked up where Arty pointed. Her hand tightning on her blade as the voice spoke. Well at least someone else

Crimson looked over to the prince and shrugged as she looked up where Arty pointed. Her hand tightning on her blade as the voice spoke. Well at least someone else enjoyed the fun. She smirked as she watched the light come down. Seeing the old man she shifted to her side a bit and looked at Arty. "Perhaps you should tell him" she mouthed to her as she moved out of the way a bit so they could see each other, though she stood between them just in case.

Arty moved over to hide behind Rize. She didn't seem to favor the old man so much. "There's nothing to say, miss Crimson. Please take care of him."

This intrigued the old man. He just couldn't get a direct line of view to her. For a moment when Crimson moved away, however, he had sensed something he was familiar with. Too bad the girl quickly hid behind someone else.

"Well, that was cold," he snapped his finger. A large magic pentagram appeared, covering the entire hall's floor. Light shone brightly as the ground shook. Behind the old man, came out a large creature. Its snout climbed out first, and then its head jutted out, revealing a long, snake-like neck. The large, scale-covered body came out next, revealing four strong legs. A pair of bat-like wings were curled on its side, but when it flapped them open, they almost covered the entire hall's length.

"Is this your first time seeing a living Dragon?" The old man smiled. The Dragon stepped in front of him, its roar shaking the entire hall.

Crimson was confused as she watched Arty hide behind Rize. This could of ended in something peaceful. Oh well, she didn't care ether way. She nodded before turning to the old man again, her hand clutching her dagger as she watched him summon the dragon. Was she surprised? Not really it wasn't her first and definitely won't be her last. Hearing the old man she smirked "nope" as she said this she flipped the dagger to a different position in her hand with the blade facing back a bit.

It Arty wanted her to take care of him then she will. Quickly she threw two needles at him and with her hand still out she used her magic "lanuae magicae umbra" she was soon making her way to the old man, hopefully the others would keep the dragon distracted. Her dagger at the ready to tare into the old man when she got close to him.

Her movement was fast, but the dragon was surprisingly faster. The monster's head swiveled to the side, obstructing the way between Crimson and the old man. The dragon's bluish scale was glowing, and its presence broke off the trajectory of Crimson's teleportation magic. It forced her to stop her jump right in front of the dragon's neck. The needles she had shot before had merely bounced off those thick scales.

"Behold, the power of a living nightmare, a Dragon, its scale impervious to mere steel and low level Magic. It was long thought that taming these creatures are impossible. But not for me. With my years of research, I had managed to form a pact with a Dragon."

He started to chant a spell. His mouth form words in quick succession, and another large magic circle was formed, this time on the air behind him.

"This, bad...Fang, get back," Rize called out in a panicked tone unfamiliar for her. Even a fool could sense the high-level Magic being chanted. The air started to distort as temperature rose.

"Asfalar! Lumen! Dieforach! Astras!"

From within the magic circle formed several spears made of blue flame, each slowly pouring out before shooting into fast-moving jets. They were different than ordinary fire balls. Their trajectories arched and turned as if controlled, and their target was none other than the assassin, Red Fang.

The needles bounced off as Crimson had to stop suddenly. "Damn" she mumbled jumping back from the dragon. Her dagger up ready to fight. She wanted to tell the old man to shut it, but he was already casting another spell. She could feel it, the high level spell. The assassin was at the ready for it until she heard Rize. The tone confirmed what she was feeling.

Crimson turned to run back, but the heat change made her swerve from them. It was definitely more than fire magic. Turning she could see them turn with her and knew they were coming for her. Spears she could deal with, but not flaming ones. She had to think of something as she moved out of the way from some. Getting scratched and burned wasn't as bad as being dead. After running around a bit she headed back to the mage.

The old man was already retreating back as he watched Crimson dodging his flames. After all, there was no need to keep being in the frontline as a mage. He can just cast spells from a safe distance. He was clearly sneering at Crimson and the group, confident in his Dragon and his Magic.

The Dragon had sensed her coming toward the mage, and was starting to move on her way. It was clearly dedicated in protecting its master, not leaving its post unnecessarily to strike.

"Really...you're one big mess," Gills had jumped to follow Crimson. He was waving his rapier toward the flames, causing them to die off. Norman was on her other side, using his battle axe to fend off the flame jets.

"You can leave the flames to us," Norman flashed a cocky grin, although he was clearly sweating. Not everyone can be as confident as Crimson in front of a living, breathing Dragon. "But do you have concrete plan for this? I've never fought a Dragon before, I'm telling you."

Crimsons eyes were focused on the mage even as the dragon started to get in her way. Hearing the two she smirked. Of coarse she had a plan. She shifted a bit aiming for the dragons face. "Thanks, but leave a few" she said to them as she smiled at each of them. Her plan was simple run at the mage, then the dragons face. Turn for the mage at the last second having the spears hit the dragon in the face as she went for the mage. Easy....hopefully it would go that way. It will probably be a lot harder then she thinks, but worth a try.

Norman could sense what she was aiming for from her comments. As she had said, he left a few flaming jets get closer, instead rushing forward toward the Dragon.

"What are you doing?" Gills called out, but Norman just pulled him by his shoulder.

"Just keep up for now. We need to hold that Dragon," he threw Gills forward, and then swung his battle axe toward the Dragon's neck. The beast was occupied with Crimson's movement, allowing the axe to hit.

It didn't produce any damage, however, as the scale prevented the blade from piercing through. But it was enough. Norman threw his weight into its neck, preventing it from moving even just for a few seconds.

"Do it now!" Norman yelled. The Dragon was struggling to shake him off, but he held his ground.

Crimson was glad one of them got it, though she wasn't surprised when it was the prince who haddent. Seeing Norman rushing the dragon she kept to the mage though at the last second as Norman said now she turned for the head of the dragon. She smirked slightly as she soon quickly moved away letting the spears go straight for the eyes of the dragon. Smthe assassin didn't look back as she headed for the mage, dagger in one hand and her last three mettle needles in her other. As she got closer she activated her shadow just in case he had something else in mind. Her dagger coming closer to him as her needles left her hand quickly.

The plan was executed beautifully. When the flame jets hit the dragon's face, Norman jumped away from the thrashing dragon. It surely did the beast some number there.

The mage, however, remained calm.

"I've seen your fight before. That mysterious power of yours can phase through weapons, but magic seems to be effective, eh? In that case..."

After all, he was the master of the Tower of Magic. He didn't ascend the position by pure luck. When Crimson was within his arm's length, he evoked the trigger.

"Astrae!"

A magic circle was floating near the ceiling. Straight lines of light shot out from it, aiming toward Crimson.

The assassin ran twords the mage as he spoke. He was so calm when when her plan worked. His dragon was hit. She got closer to the man, her dagger up and ready to run into him. The thought of spilling his blood made her smirk. Arms length away. Her dagger swung as he said his trigger word. There was only a second of deciding what to do. Jump back or continue and probably pay the price for it. She smirked her eyes still on the mage as she pushed off of the floor, closing the distance between them dagger in front closer to his chest as she threw herself at him, unsure and mostly uncaring if the light hit her as long as she got the mage.

"Oi, are you crazy!?!"

Norman's voice was drowned by the sound of explosion which had filled the entire hall. The streams of light had hit the ground below Crimson, resulting in hot flame engulfing her and the mage. Dust filled the air, impairing everyone's vision. When it was all over, only the Dragon was visible amidst the chaos. The hit from the flame jets and the explosion behind it had sent it away toward the wall.

The old mage had jumped back when the light was about to hit her, but he didn't expect Crimson to lunge forward instead. He had erected a barrier to prevent the explosion from reaching him. It was also the reason why Crimson was shielded from them. As a result, however, her dagger had stabbed him right on the chest. When he moved away, the blade slid off, but it had already done the damage.

"You...lunatic...did you plan for that too?!" The old mage coughed out blood. Clearly, the mage would've done something to prevent himself from getting damaged by the streams of light. Whether it was an ingenious plan, or just a daring gamble, it had paid off in the end.

The bloodied mage scrambled toward the end of the hall, placing his hand on the wall. A magic circle appeared, and then was replaced by a glowing ring of light. A teleportation gate. The mage slipped into the gate, intending to run away.

"Follow him!" Norman yelled. That kind of gate won't close off so quickly, especially with its owner being wounded. They should be able to catch him soon.

Hearing Norman she smirked slightly. Ya she probably was crazy, but she was going to take out the damn mage no matter what. She had figured the mage wouldn't let himself get hurt, but she couldn't say she planned to go after him when she could definitely die. Thankfully she didn't and with out Norman having to say anything she started after the mage. The blood made the want for ripping him apart even stronger. Her mind on taking him out so they continue to the next dragon princess.

The gate connected into a dark place. There was a cool air blowing, which means it was a large, spacious hall. There was only a faint silhouette of the old mage unsteadily crawling deeper into the darkness. That was until he stopped on his track and lifted himself to a standing position.

At that moment, the area beside him lit up, revealing a large crystal reaching almost to the dark ceiling.

"I didn't expect you to get this far...heh, if this is the end for me, I'll just gamble it off with this!"

In the middle of the crystal was the small figure of a young girl. She was wearing a simple one-piece white dress. Her face, however, was contorted into a painful expression. On the place where her eyes should've been, there were instead two holes.

The view succeeded in surprising Gills and Rize, who had followed behind Crimson through the gate. Arty didn't look surprised, although she still had an uncomfortable expression. But Norman, who had entered last, was the most surprised of them all.

"...Lillian?"

He murmured, his glare focused on the girl in the crystal.

Crimson fallowed the man a smirk still on her face. He was going into the dark, her magic was definitely stronger. She wasn't really sure what he was doing until she seen the light and then the girl. Seeing the poor thing she frowned. This was sick. She turned glaring at the old man even taking a step to him before she heard Norman. Lillian? She looked to Arty. "We need to get her out of there. Any ideas?" The assassin was now focused on the girl, the old man would die soon from the stab wound. If not she wouldn't mind stabbing him a few times to kill him faster.

Arty didn't answer her query. Her gaze, like everyone else, was transfixed at the girl in the crystal. There was a sad expression in her face, but at the same time, expectation.

"Heh. You don't need to think about getting her out, I'll do it for you," the old man said, an arrogant smirk on his face. He touched the crystal with his palm, and after chanting a few spell words, a magic circle appeared below the crystal. It melted rapidly, the smoke from the reaction starting to fill the dark space. When they faded out, the crystal was gone, and the girl was left kneeling down on the ground.

She was alive. She started coughing, closing her eyelids with a pained expression. Her body was shaking, but there was something with the entire situation. What was filling the girl wasn't pain. It was more like anger.

A cough came from the old man. It was mixed with blood. Clearly Crimson's blade had injured him greatly, but he was still pushing on. No way he would take losing in this place.

"It's them," he scooted closer to the girl, murmuring those words to her ears. "They're in front of you. They're the ones who took him away. Get them. Kill them!"

The girl screamed. Mixed among the shrilling voice were shreds of ancient language, beckoning the arrival of the monster. Red licks of flame gathered behind her, getting more and more intense until they joined in one blazing sphere. From within it burst out tendrils of flame which swirled into one, slowly but surely forming a structure similar to a dragon's head. More flames came out, forming each part of it. Its limbs, its body, its wings. Towering over everyone, the flaming monster let out a roar which shook the entire hall.

"Miss Crimson, that's Heat," Arty said. "The Anima Dragon which governs temperature. It is a monster made entirely of flame."

Crimson frowned a she got no answer from Arty and soon turned back to the mage. Her hand held tighter to her blade as she watched the mage move closer to the poor girl. He needed to get away from her now and Crimson was going to do it for him at that moment. Her next step was met by the girls scream. Her glare focused on the mage and not the flames. She didn't have the magic for that and if no one else had an idea how to handle it she would have to put out the source of the dragon.

Crimson glanced back at Arty as she spoke. "Have any ideas on how to take care of it or will I just be killing the girl?" She looked back at the two in front of her as she flipped the blade in her hand. If nothing was done there was a possibility they would all be burnt alive. Her first thought though was killing that damn mage.

"It's..." Arty bit her lips. "I...I don't know, I always hoped that we can do this without killing her, but..." as if shaking off a bad memory, "please be safe, miss Crimson..."

In the end, was it impossible to finish this without killing?

The flaming monster wasn't finished with just materializing, though. Its first victim was, surprisingly, the old mage himself, who was the closest to the girl. As flame consumed his dying body, he glared at Crimson and the rest of the group.

"Hahaha! So this is my end! But you guys, you will join me soon. And even Zebeth, and the entire world. Nothing can stop this girl now that she is out! I'll...wait...for you...in hell...HAHA...HAHAHAHA!"

The flame grew more intense, until his voice died out and there was nothing left but ash.

The girl was clutching her head, shaking them again and again. She kept on uttering incomprehensible words, until a familiar one came out from her mouth.

"Norman-"

That was enough to move the burly bartender. He caught Crimson's wrist, begging her to wait. "I-I know her," he stuttered. "You might not believe me, but that...remember about my story about thirty years ago? When I rescued a noble girl from the Tower after a failed rebellion? That..."

He gulped. There was no mistake.

"...That's her. I don't understand what happened, but that's her, I'm sure of it!"

The girl screamed. This time, the flaming dragon followed suit. Its wings were sprawled out, spreading flames all over the place. It lunged forth with incredible speed, threatening to burn the entire group with its body.

Crimson glanced to Arty before letting out a small sigh. Alright killing the girl it was, first. She turned back to the mage and smirked as she seen him getting consumed by the flames. He was definitely getting what he deserved she only hoped he would die faster. The mage was really getting annoying.

When the ash finally be went quiet her eyes turned to the girl. The heat now becoming uncomfortable. She had to do this now before it got any worse.

Her wrist was caught before she could move closer. Sure she figured it out that they knew each other, but she couldn't do anything. "Norman...I have a job to do" she took her wrist from him just before the girl screamed. The dragon coming at them now there was little she could do. "If you can't help, get out of here" she yelled to them before she started at the dragon. Just before she got to it she slid under, passing it as she headed to the girl. Nether her magic or fighting skills could take on a flame covered dragon, but the girl could be killed to stop this. There could always be another way as well, which she tried hard to think of as she ran at the girl.

Norman fell to his knees after hearing Crimson's words. It was simply the truth. They couldn't afford dying just for sentimentality.

When Crimson evaded the dragon's flame, however, it slowed down, as if noticing her movement. True enough, the wings of the dragons arched in the air, transforming into tendrils and landed right in front of the girl. And then, they froze.

Block of ice appeared to obstruct Crimson's path. The ground, as well, was frozen solid. The area on each of her side started to bulge, and then ice spears pierced out from the ground, threatening to stab her.

In the back, Arty had stepped forward to stop the attack.

"I'll release it. Steel!

Black sphere appeared behind her, from where the metallic dragon, juxtapose of numerous blades, burst forth. Its wings stretched out to cover the group. A scorched sound rang out as the flame crashed into metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back