• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Project Anima

Seeing Arty walk up to her she shook her head "im fine we leave when ever your ready" she said in a flat tone as she walked past her. She had left her bag of gold and coins up were she was sleeping. Going up she grabbed it and then walked past them and to the horses with out saying a word.

Seeing the assassin in a bad mood, Arty gave her brother a scolding look. Gills just shook his head slowly. "Nothing I can do about it. Honest," he said hastily. Old Joel came and gave them a few slices of bread as farewell gift, which Gills ended up paying so the old man wouldn't go broke. Arty brought a slice to Crimson for her to eat.

After a quick bite, Gills had been ready to start their journey once more. "Alright, should we go, Arty?" He asked, by which his sister answered with a nod. She was adamant that they resumed their journey as fast as they could, and the entire day of slumber had set them back of a day's worth of travel. Gills decided to let Crimson lead the way again, seeing that she had a better practical knowledge about the land.

Crimson scratched her horses neck and side before getting on it. she wasn't in the mood for anyone though it was not a bad mood. After being handed the bread from Arty she nibbled on it wile she waited for them to mount up. She decided that she would would rather ride alone today so she road ahead before it could be suggested. if they kept riding they would make it to a small town in two days, maybe shorter if they dont stop.

The trek was a dull one. Both Gills and Crimson didn't talk much, although Arty made lots of comment about the land. They had traveled through the vast fields of Serion's eastern region and finally met once again with thick woods. There was a cleared road south from their position, but Gills was against it due to increased security. While there was no sign of war with Lapant these days, border security had always been tight on the roads. He wouldn't be surprised if they ended up having to sneak through them.

When the night fell, the wood was so dark they had to make torches out of branches. It wasn't much, but certainly helped illuminating their way. Gills urged them to keep going as it is safer to stay in the move rather than camping and risked getting mugged by bandits.

it seamed the day went by so slowly as she rode her horse quietly. As soon as it had gotten dark and the torches were made she slowed her horse to go beside there's. "there is old road maybe about an hour from here we can take that...its a little dangerous but we will be able to get past any guard posts on this road." she said in a serious tone as she looked at the prince.

Gills nodded at her suggestion. That sounds good. "Let's go there, then," he kept the horse's pace a bit slower so he had enough time to react whenever something came into the light of the torches. The dark had finally descended and the forest looked more menacing as time went by. Soon they reached the old road Crimson had mentioned about. In time long past, this road must had had carts and horses trampling around, lively with people. Now it was practically abandoned for the bigger and smoother main road made by the Kingdom. Nevertheless, the road was way better for the horses than forest floor. Gills spotted a broken signpost on the side. Seems that it pointed toward Lapant border.

"bandits wouldn't be watching this part of the road" she mumbled then slid off her horse. "you take my horse and I'll walk through the woods just in case there are bandits" she said looking up at Arty, ignoring the prince. She figured that if they made the noise she could take on who took the bait. She held out the torch to the prince and her other hand out to Arty to help her down.

The princess took her hand and switched horse, sitting a bit uncertain atop the beast of burden but quickly managed to keep herself stable. Gills took the lead just in case, taking the rein so Arty didn't have to control it. He took the torch from Crimson after that. He figured being a trained assassin, she would've had the ability to see in the dark.

"Be careful, miss Crimson," she remarked.

"always am...please dont use my name unless you know we are alone" she flashed Arty a smile before walking into the dark woods. When she had gotten far enough into the woods so the moon lit her way, she started to silently walk with the horses. She loved the quietness of the dark trees the only sound was the horses moving around. Crimson looked over at the two and sighed perhaps she should of kept her name secret, if they used it at the wrong time then her name would get around every were she would never be able to leave this world of her. looking around she spotted nothing so far but that could always change.

Gills shifted uncomfortably on his horse. The darkness made him nervous. Anything could happen at any moment and that made him overly aware about his surrounding. He kept moving the torches around so he could survey the area. Nothing so far. If there were bandits, he would have to keep Arty safe. He waited patiently for Crimson to return. Any decision should wait until her survey was done.

Walking on Crimson started to hear noises ahead and ran through the forest. "it has to be bandits there is no other explanation for it" she mumbled to her self as she got farther down the road she started to see a light. sneaking up to the camp fire she had seen three men sitting there just talking and laughing. By the looks of them they were bandits, but something was off only three of them working this long road it was strange. "I should probibly go tell them" whispering this she quickly moved to the road and started back towards them, they were quit far from her that the lights looked like fire flys. Before she could get vary far a group of ten men surrounded her on the road.

Seeing two lights show up a few men started to them smiling they looked like easy targets a man and a young girl. one man stopped in the middle of the road to throw them off of the incoming ambush. "Hello friends what has made you come down this way?" the man asked as the two horses walked up to him. he was in a plain light born long shorts that that was all other then a sword at his side.

Gills followed the road slowly, partially because of the short range of the torches light and also to wait for Crimson. However, the sudden appearance of a man on the road threw his danger sense through the roof. Too suspicious. Gills whispered to Arty to stay on the horse. He himself hopped down and approached the stranger while still maintaining a fair distance between them.

"Greetings," he said, flashing the man a fake smile. "We simply wanted to cross this forest to reach the nearby town. We meant no harm. Are you perhaps on your way there too?"

The man nodded "you could say that I am just one passing by as you are would you be up to travel together I know how to get past the bandits around here" he gave him a big smile as he started to walk to him. As the man is talking two others were sneaking up behind Arty reaching up each grabbed an arm and dragged her off as one shoved a knife to her throat. "say anything and we will kill both you and that man" one whispered as they started to move back into the woods.

Arty watched her brother walked off toward the man with worried expression. The man was very suspicious, but she believed in her brother. For a while, nothing seemed to happen. It was just a regular conversation. However, she suddenly felt her arms grabbed by someone and got herself dragged off the horse.

"Ah..."

She had just wanted to yell for her brother, but the knife shoved at her throat stopped her from doing so. The men was stronger than her and she couldn't do anything to prevent them from dragging her away.

Meanwhile, Gills was still occupied by the man, his eyes concentrated to catch any attempt by the man to attack him. "Hmm, no, I think we're okay. We have a great guide with us and that person will be back soon. We'll be fine by ourselves, no worries. Unfortunately we can't take any more person with us so I'm sorry, I think you'll have to go alone."

"that is always a sad thing to here that i am going alone" he sighed then smiled at the man again. "how about you two go back to my camp for the night and wait for you guide there im sure she will be back any minute" he smiled happily not catching his slip up. so far seeing his comrades take the girl and the others had taken care of the women, this was going to be another easy hall. the two on horse back looked like they would fetch a good price in the slave market though the girl they might keep along with the women. his smile grew as he thought of this.

the two that had Arty had moved deeper into the woods, going the long way to camp not wanting to disturb any other ambushes they had set up. in all there were twenty of the men three at base seven up front and ten further down the road but with the two taking Arty they were left with five which should be enough.

The people who were taking her went through the bushes in seemingly random way, likely to avoid pursuers. They seemed to know the way around the forest well. Arty tried to struggle against their grip, but they ended up too strong for her. She winced as the men's hands dug at her arm. "Wh-who are you? What are you doing to me...?" she asked her with trembling lips, constantly reminded of their hold by the presence of the blade on her neck.

At the road, Gills was still surveying the man. When he mentioned about their guide, though, something didn't seem to fit. The prince backed off slowly, careful from letting him notice. "Oh I thank you for your goodwill, Sire. However, I would have to decline. We are in a hurry, and would like to pass the forest before the sun rise."

"By the way," he said slowly, his hand cautiously moved to the handle of his rapier, "I don't think I've ever told you that our guide is a 'she'...now have I...?"

"Shut it or ill shut it for you" the man with out the knife hissed at her as he roughly yanked at her. they had made it back to camp and everything seemed to be fine, yet the ten never got back. "hey we have one of the girls" the man with the knife said as they shoved a gag in her mouth and started to tie her to a tree. After they were done and the three men came over to look at her one nodded "it seams she is in good shape and a pretty one" he came closer and looked at her, he seamed to be the leader as he was dressed in nicer cloths then the others.

"oh it was only a guess no harm really" he said in a nervous tone as he held his hands up and gave him a small smile."no need to go on the offensive" as they were speaking the other four started to unload there horses trying not to make a sound as they watched them talk.

Arty was surprised to see that there were more people awaiting them. They seemed to be bandits, judging from their looks and attire. She didn't fight back when she was brought into their camps, but upon seeing their attempt to bind her, she started to struggle. "No! Please, no...mpph," the cloth filled her mouth, preventing her to make coherent speech as the men tied her to a tree. One of the men came closer, seemingly the leader, but Arty's mind were started to get clouded. The gag on her mouth felt stiff, and the ropes started to dig on her skin. That old feeling of despair and isolation returned.

...Her determination was slipping away.

Meanwhile, Gills's suspicion was through the roof. He couldn't trust this man. "Do NOT come closer! I am armed!" He yelled at him. Taking one more step back, he glanced toward the horses...only to find Arty missing, and four people rummaging through their supplies and taking their horses. "HEY!" Panic started to blind him as he couldn't find his sister anywhere. Damnit! He drew his rapier and rushed toward the four people, his blade readied for combat.

The four seen him rush they laughed and look out there own weapons two of the men rushed at him with daggers with smirks on there faces, one slashed at his right side as the other aimed for his left. looking at them they were bigger then him and figured they could take him as the other two finished going though there stuff. the man that he was talking to took out his sword and readied it so if they were having troubles he would be behind the man.

Leaving Arty to the tree they went back to the fire they had going. "so will we keep her or sell her?" one of the men asked looking up at the leader who looked back at her. "sell her she is two young...the other one we will keep but the man if he dose not die from them will be sold as well" he said looking at the fire as he took a drink of something in a bottle.

The fight was clearly not in his favor seeing that they outnumbered him five to one, but he had to try. Their weapons seemed to be close-range dagger, which shouldn't pose much trouble for his rapier but could be dangerous considering their agility and number. Seeing attack coming from both side, he decided to evade the left by suddenly stopping on his track and threw himself toward the guy on the right. In normal circumstances it would've resulted in the dagger plunging into his chest but his rapier was not a normal weapon.

A slight touch of the rapier was what it needed to stop the dagger. The bandit himself would've felt that weird sensation of strength draining from his dagger hand, as any force coming toward Gills was absorbed by the rapier. Before the other two and the man behind could catch up to him, he mumbled a spell and then closed his eyes.. It was a simple fire magic which could be done even by kids, but applied to the already-burning torch increased the flame's potency wayfold, even if only for an instant. The sudden light would've been so blinding for the bandits though, as they've let their eyes adjusting to the darkness.

Finally having the chance, Gills took hold of the man before him and pinned him from behind, his rapier pointed at his neck. "Do not move or this man will have a hollow throat," Gills said with a cold tone. "Now tell me, where is my sister?"

=====

At the camp, Arty was struggling against the rope binding her body, although it looked more like an act of desperation rather than a calculated plan. She was caught in a panic attack, and mumbled through her gag again and again, although all that came out was inconherent noise. Her sight started to darken. Her mind went numb. This is bad. She struggled to stay awake, but it was futile.

The man on the travelers right was surprised when he was pushed into, as the feeling in his hand started to become strange making him almost dropped his dagger. "why you little!" he yelled but before he could react there was a bright light, causing all of the men to go blind for a moment only to see one of there own pined by the traveler. They all froze looking at them "hey now we can take you to her just be smart an let me up" they guy under the traveler said struggling a bit. it had seamed the traveler had forgotten about the one he had first talked to. seeing an opportunity he went up behind the traveler and aimed the hilt of his sword at his head in attempts to knock him out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gills was annoyed. And impatient. His sister was gone and these people must had had the reason. And this man's answer was not helping. He didn't want them to take him to her. He wanted her. Now. His voice grew colder. "I said. Tell. Me. You seems to not value your life so much. I still have four more people to ask so what is an useless life like yours? Well then, I..."

It was pure luck that he had managed to glance at his back. The sight of the man's hilt raining down toward his head made him jumped to the side, but it as too late. While not hitting the back of his head perfectly, it banged the side, shaking his brain. For a slight second his eyes blacked out, but he struggled to stay conscious.

"Damn it," he felt his grip on the man he'd pinned before had gone away. Those lowlifes wouldn't miss this opportunity. He need to think fast. Yet his brain was still ringing, his limbs felt like they're made of squishy jelly. He can't fight like this.

Collecting his entire strength to his right arm, he swung his rapier down at nothing. More precisely, he sliced into the dirt ground. It should've been viewed as an act of desperate man, with nothing else that he could do, but Gills had a plan. The yellowish hue on his sword was spiraling like mad. The force he'd collected from that man's dagger was weak, but combined with his own strength it was enough for what he was going to do.

"Unleash!" every little power the rapier had accumulated was changed into a shooting projectile, launched at the dirt. The soft ground gave way and was launched up, the resulting explosion blasted the dirt away toward the men. With that slight distraction, Gills threw the torch he was holding at the bushes behind them, hoping they would caught fire. Before the men can recover, he slid into the bushes behind him, covered by the shadow of trees and the dark of night.

Seeing the traveler start to stumble back they started to him watching his desperate attempt to get at them. "well well looks like he..." the man was stopped by the sudden light into the ground. seeing the dust come up some of the men stepped back and fell back. as they were coughing and waving the dust away one of the bushes caught fire, not wanting the fire to catch any attention two of the men started to try and put it out. "were did he go?" one of the man shouted "we need to find him!" the three started into the woods.

Crimson was done there was no one else coming for her they all laid dead and in pieces at her feet. "why must they be so easy?" she mumbled as she started back to the place she last seen the two. turning that way she seen flames bigger then a torch "grate" saying this she started into the woods, it most likely meant that they had been captured so she headed to the camp instead.

His head was still ringing like a bell. The good news was that his diversion worked. The bad news was that he was blind from the darkness as well. Although, slowly, his eyesight adjusted with it. He figured that the bandits would've taken more time to recover due to their closer proximity to the flame. That means he had a slight window of relief.

The most important thing was not to defeat them but to find his sister. Delving further into the forest, he thought of which would be the most probable place for them to make camp. It shouldn't be near to roads, that means deeper into the forest. He scurried away from any sound, his sight now adjusted to the darkness. They did mention about their 'guide'...could that means Crimson? Then that would mean their people going for her was dead. Perhaps if he delved further he would catch up to her. But for now he could only hope that he made it on time to find their camp.

Approaching the camp she had not bothered to wipe off the blood as she walked letting it sit on her cloths, blade and a few splatters on her face. she was moving in when she heard a noise close, it was most likely one of the bandits. she smiled happy t take down another that threatened her job and her employer. moving behind a tree she waited until they came closer. seeing the out line but not the person she tackled them sitting on there stomach with her dagger to there neck. she had to blink a few times before noticing that it was the prince. "what happened? were is your sister?" she hadn't moved from on top of him nor had she taken the dagger from his neck, almost like her body really wanted to kill him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back