• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Project Anima

She sighed then turned to him still glaring "fine but after that I can't say I won't kill you, but until we leave I'm drinking" she took Norman's arm with hers and looked up at him "will you drink with me?" she asked smiling she wanted someone to drink with and she thought he would want to after thia.

Norman replied her request with a tired smile. "Yeah, after all that I've heard, I think I need a drink too...let's go!" He led her out of the room, glancing toward Gills with a mocking look. Heh. Whatever. The Prince stayed behind, falling into deep thought on his seat, perhaps planning for their getaway tonight.

Finally back at the counter, the bartender poured her a drink on the second largest jug that he had. The largest one? He took for himself. "Okay. That helped a bit," he remarked after finishing taking a big gulp. "Hey missy...is everything he said true? I mean, what the hell? You guys aren't pulling a joke one me are you."

She sighed after taking a drink and pointed at the bandages on her arms. "would I really burn and cut my self up and why do you think the city is going crazy?" she took a long drink then shook her head. "its all true..." she sighed again. "it's bad I almost regret taking the job" she laughed lightly then gulped down the rest of her drink. "here" she pulled out five coins, and laid them on the counter. "I know I'll keep drinking might as well pay you for some now" she gave him a cute smile before pushing the mug to him.

"Heh. I like your style, missy," Norman dragged the coins away and put another jug on the counter. "Well, they said the church was blown away. I mean like the entire ground floor of the church was destroyed. Only a crater was left, and under that they found a large cave. It seems they're deliberating whether they need to go down and check it. Also..." He took another gulp. "Seems those church people were dead. Three corpses found. All High Priest's subordinates. And the High Priest is missing. The castle peeps 're wreking their minds trying to figure out what happened. This was this morning. When I opened shop everyone everywhere were screaming. That's how I know this info."

He glanced at her and said, half-whispering, "And you're saying that you're the culprit? You'll need the entire squad of Magic battle units to do that kind of damage...it's still feels unreal to me."

Last edited by a moderator:
She sipped on the new mug as he spoke. anyone who wasn't there would not be able to believe it, even she wouldn't of. She stopped drinking when he said that the persist and the six were gone, they must of left an hour or so after them.

She shrugged to her self then put the half empty mug down. "I guess I'm just that skilled" she let out a small laugh, then started to drink again. She wasnt going to say that he had helped her at some points in this.

Norman shrugged. "Heh. But still, you guys offing the High Priest...is just really not believable you know. I understand killing one or two of his guardians, but to kill the High Priest himself...hah! If one assassin like you can do it, then surely someone would've managed to do it before! I still can't believe..."

One of the patron suddenly came barging in as if chased by a monster. His face was pale, his lips trembling. The other patrons stopped whatever they were doing and stared at him with a demanding look. The man spoke, his sentence broken from the shock he had just received. "This just...in...they found the High Priest in that mysterious cave under the church. Dead. The High Priest is dead!"

The bar broke into a violent uproar. Some people were screaming while the others just couldn't believe their ears. A few shady people seemed to be interested not on the fact that the High Priest is dead, but on the identity of the perpetrator. It was still unknown for now, not that anyone can think of someone who can kill the High Priest. People began to talk about secret raids from neighboring kingdoms.

Norman glanced at Crimson nervously. Nope, guys, this is the culprit over here! ...but surely he couldn't say that without having his gut split open.

Crimson continued to drink as the patron came in frantically and out of breath. She smiled behind her mug after the bar was told what had happened and went into an uproar. Drinking down the rest of what was in the mug she looked at Norman with warning in her eyes, but smiled at him as she pushed the empty mug to him.

"Please don't I've come to like you so don't force my hand" she her smile turned slightly sad for a moment before going back to her regular smile. She didn't feel like killing someone she knew personally....well except the prince.

Norman took her empty mug and filled it full. This story is getting more and more absurd as time went by. More people come to the bar with news. The guards were looking for the people responsible for this. It is said that Prince Revantore, the Twelfth Prince, had just returned from the frontlines and will head the investigation. As the day went by, security was tightened on the outside.

"Seems that it's getting serious now," Norman noted. "If you guys are going to skip town, there's no other choice but tonight. It'll be too late otherwise."

She nodded "I would of been gone right after if he still didn't owe me" she mumbled then started on her drink again. This was going to be hard to get past them even in the dark, she hoped the prince had a plan for this. She drank more then set the mug down with a sigh. "it's starting to get crowded in here" she mumbled.

Norman nodded, then gulped his own drink. "Well, this is good for business. Here," he handed four jugs of ale to a young man. He skillfully took them all by the handle and moved them quickly to his tables. As more people coming in, more people bought drinks and so Norman's stash was filled with coins quickly. "I gotta say tho...you guys really did me a favor," he gave her a large grin.

Suddenly the bulky bartender noticed that the crowds had instantly fell silent. They were staring at the same place, toward the stairwell to the second floor. What...when he followed their gaze, he was surprised as well. The girl Gills and Crimson had brought this morning was walking down the steps, and then took a seat beside the assassin. She had changed from her ragged white dress to a more casual dress, which Norman had prepared in the room per Gills's request.

"May I...?" Artesia asked Crimson meekly. On her face was faint smile.

She smiled at him and laughed light as she watched him move around getting drinks. She was right it was booming in here yet everything went quiet after a bit. She shook her head what could cause a whole group of people to go quiet didn't interest her.

She took a drink as Artesia sat beside her "go ahead no one is stopping you" she mumbled then took another drink. Now she seen why the room had gotten quiet.

The Princess's smile grew. "Thank you," although, given her age and bearing, she didn't seem to be the type who drinks alcohol...after a few minutes of deliberation, Norman ended up giving her a glass of water. It's better than nothing. The other patrons resumed their activities, although a few kept glancing over to the counter.

She'd wanted to talk with Crimson, but looking at the assassin up close, she started to hesitate a bit. A few seconds of silence passed before she started. "Miss Crimson...I want to thank you for helping my brother. You've saved us. I'm very grateful for your help."

Crimson glanced at her as she sat down then started to drink again. she had noticed that there were still a few looking at the girl so she moved a bit so she could grab her dagger. Hearing her speak Crimson turned her head a bit then looked back at her drink. "I only did it for the money..." she then gulped the rest down and pushed the mug for another.

"I see..." Arty took a sip of her drink. She was a bit afraid of Crimson, but she didn't feel threatened at all. Her gaze when glancing at the assassin showed a hint of longing, as if finally meeting again with an old friend. She didn't say anything after that and just sat there, feeling comfortable near her presence.

After a while, Gills came out from the back room. He showed his surprise upon seeing his sister in the bar, but contained it until he managed to get a seat at the counter.

"Oi, you shouldn't go down here, it's dangerous!"

"It's alright. Miss Crimson is here after all," Arty replied lightly, which just made Gills face grew more frustated.

"First, this here is not a 'miss'", he pointed toward Crimson, "This is a natural-born killer who'll slit your throat in your sleep."

"Yea, more like YOUR throat," Norman quipped inbetween his laughter.

"...Second, I don't know if there will be anyone here who could notice you."

Arty shook her head, "it's fine, brother. You're such a worrywart."

Norman was knee-deep in laughter right now.

"...Agh," Gills thought of saying something else, but finally gave up. "Anyway. It's almost dark, we'll start our escape in an hour or two. We'll go through the back door and take the horses then we bid this place goodbye. And you," Gills turned to face Crimson, "you'll come with us and I'll show you where I put the gold. Deal?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Crimson just sat there quietly the silence between them was alright with her. Seeing the prince walk in she just rolled her eyes. "let the girl do what she wants" she mumbled, her words being drowned out by Normans laughter.

"deal now leave before you kill my buzz..." she went quiet for a moment "the girl can stay if she wants I'll look after her" she said looking at Norman waiting for another mug of alcohol. She had no problem with the girl and didn't mind her company.

Gills grumbled something about being unlady-like and all, but didn't voice it enough for anyone to hear him. "Okay then. Guess I'll just go," he stood up and returned to the back room, likely preparing their getaway. Norman just watched him go by with a smirk. To her cue, he filled her mug once more with ale.

"You...don't seem to like my brother very much, miss Crimson," Arty remarked.

she watched him go from the corner of her eye then looked at the mug that was set in front of her. she looked at her for a moment with out turning then looked back at the counter. "your brother...just gets on my nerves" she mumbled then took a long drink of her ale. she was not sure how she really felt about him she just knew he easily made her mad.

Crimson's answer just made Arty giggled. The girl went silent again, taking a sip once in a while.

The bar was so crowded with people right now. Information came and went about the royal investigation. There was no trace of attack Magic used saves for some infiltration Magic, which didn't talk much about the identity of the perpetrator. The royalties, however, was keen on keeping wrap of the situation, officially forbidding people from spreading this beyond the wall of the city. Gates were going to be closed tonight with traveling merchants and outsiders being detained in the city until things were deemed 'stable'.

After an hour or so, at the peak of the bar's business, Gills returned. He motioned for the women to follow him to the back door. Norman followed as well to make it seems like patrons asking for his help.

"Alright, we're ready. The gate will be closed tonight so there's no other time than now. Is everything ready?" Gills opened the back door to reveal two horses parked on a tree nearby. There were bags on each side of the horses, likely containing food for the journey.

"There's a side door over there," Norman pointed at a section of the wall, "guards rarely checked it up. But they will surely locked it when they remember, so it's best if you hurried up."

Seeing the prince coming to her she gulped down the rest of her ale then fallowed them to the back door. she put her hand on her hip as they stopped as the prince spoke. Crimson nodded as Norman pointed to the section of the wall "I know of it and even if it was locked im sure I can pick it" she said as she shifted to her right leg. "alright im ready" saying this she leaned on Norman and smiled up at him "If I get another job in the city would you like to join me for a drink?"

"Heh. Anytime, missy," Norman flashed her a large grin. Seeing the scene, Gills coughed loudly and casually jumped to one of the horse. "You take the other one for now, Fang," he remarked coldly. "Wouldn't want you to be left behind and told everyone I don't pay you."

There was only two horses ready, so Gills let Arty rode with him. It didn't pose much trouble since his horse of choice was the larger one. He played a bit with the reins, telling the horse to get ready. "Alright, let's go. See you later, Norman. Thanks for everything!"

With that said and done, they rode away, going through the side door and went further to the forest. Night had fallen completely and the moonless sky proved advantageous to their escape. The main gate, further in the horizon, was locked, so they shouldn't have to worry about pursuers for a while. Gills led the horse toward the river where they had once cleaned themselves. Hopping down from the horse, he looked around until finding one particular tree on the opening nearby. He dug on the tree's roots and unearthed a bundle. Inside was fifteen pieces of gold bar. He took three with him and presented the rest to Crimson.

"There. It's done, right? I paid you, like I've promised."

She sighed as the prince called for her and got up on the horse, it was a quiet trip so she was left to her own thoughts. why was the prince cranky as they were leaving....did he get a little jealous? (if this is not the right word tell me) she had glanced at him a few times as they road to the spot they were at in the beginning. She watched him walk off after getting off the horse then glanced at the girl...what will she do now?

Hearing him come back she turned and took the bag that was handed to her, she looked back down at him then went though and counted them. "yes we are done...though im debating if I should take your head to finish my other job" as she said this she looked down at him from the horse.

Gills eyed her with an annoyed look. "Hooo...that's all you have ever said to me. Slit my throat, gut me open, slice my head...perhaps it would've been better for me if I render you unable to do that anymore...?" He placed his hand on the handle of his rapier, threatening to draw it. Before he could do anything, though, Arty had jumped off the horse as well and slapped his back.

"Brother! Please stop!" She scolded him, which made him slid the rapier back to its sheath. She sighed. "...Will you ask her about it?"

"No, I'm not in the mood. You do it," Gills snorted and turned away. She sighed again. Her brother can be stubborn sometimes.

"Alright then...miss Crimson," she walked closer to Crimson's horse so that she could hear her clearly. "I would like to hire you for another job."

Watching him start to pull out his rapier over what was said she smirked, then put her hand on her dagger ready to take him on. when she seen that his rapier was back in its sheath she removed her hand from her dagger and sat back on her horse a bit. As they spoke she looked at them slightly curious about what they wanted from her. She leaned down slightly as Arty walked up to her, she looked at her with her brow raised as she said she would like to hire her for a job.

Looking at the prince then at Arty she sat back on the horse "is the job from you or from him?" she asked as she looked down at her.

"This...is from me," Arty answered firmly as she looked up to Crimson, her eyes showing conviction. "It's practically the same as what my brother had asked you to do. Other than me...there are other Dragon Princesses being kept in the other kingdoms. Irouqirin, Unocedor, Grezea, Zaebet, and Lapant...alongside Serion, the members of the Six Eternal Kingdom maintained their position precisely because they kept us as weapon. I would like to request you to aid us in freeing them."

Crimson looked at her for a bit then leaned back in the saddle and sighed it was almost like they wanted her to die. "the two of you want so much...but im sure you wont be as big of a pain as your brother in giving information. if the pay is as good as this one ill do it. " she turned on the horse and held out her hand to Arty with a smile. she couldn't pass up so much fun, how many assassins can say they fought dragons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back