• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Progress as Tau Shall v2: IC

Lore
Here
Shas-Saal-Bor-kan-Jol-or.jpg

Kaisa
Turn 1

Kaisa bent over the holographic display, rechecking his notes, the air vent maps and the plan for the twentieth time, "And you are sure your assassins will be on time?"

"For the last time, Shas'El, they will be there," Beatrix said, the Enoulian woman doing everything in her power to not roll her eyes, but she was content to let her boot tap against the metallic hull over and over again to express her annoyance.

"This is going to be tight, we have to ensure total success to limit our losses and ensure capitulation of the world and the removal of the human pest that is currently infesting our ship," Kaisa said not even bothering to glance to one of the Vindicare in the corner of his command deck as it was very much 'offence intended'.

Kaisa stepped back from the table to fix the Vindicare with a level stare, the disgusting creature was getting dirt on his bridge, but, at least, it would serve a purpose in the upcoming fight. These 'assassins' were skilled, if nothing else, and if he was very lucky, they'd all die in the conflict and he'd get the satisfaction of watching them expire and complete the objective.

"Shas'El!" A startled crewmember said, their face turning a sky blue as they kept looking over their readings, "M-Mermago.."

"Pull it up on screen," Kaisa barked, not willing to try and walk the crewmember into recovering their wits to find out whats going on..

The open view of the bridge flicked over to the familiar visage of Mermago.. as a massive explosion erupted on the far end, firing debris into space.. Cracks raced across the surface of the world with a terrifying speed..

"Evasive Maneuvers, now!" Kaisa barked as he lifted his left hand to tap into every comm channel on the Shi'Vre, "All hands! BRACE FOR IMPACT!"

The deck was silent as the cracks continued to spread across the surface, growing and spreading until they reached the other side. There was a hard bank as the Manta began to move, trying to get as far away as possible.. Then there was a moment. A single moment. A breath.. where the universe was silent and still.. and the world erupted. Molten mantle and bits of the core were thrown in all directions as what remains of the crust were turned into hypersonic projectiles.. Mermago had fallen.. But not in the way anyone had expected.

"Get me solutions on the debris! We need to know where they are going and where we should not be!" Kaisa barked as he gripped the command console as the Manta rocked as what remained of Mermago's atmosphere was blasted all the way too them and shook their ship like a can.

"I-I'm on it," a junior officer said as she frantically punched in the keys.

As Kaisa watched the shards of Mermagos be flung into the abyss that was space, he couldn't fight a chill that ran down his spine. Something was.. wrong.

"Shas'El! We are receiving communication," the junior officer said as her hands were a blur across her console, "F-From the gas giant.. Should I bring it up"

"Do it," Kaisa said through gritted teeth as he hardened the Manta's subsystems with his arm encase of an electronic attack...

The bridge was silent as the message alerted the release of a 'Sorcerer'. Mindless human drival about Gods and Daemons, but Kaisa knew these 'Sorcerers' had strange technology that let them do things that primitives confused for magic.. A 'Sorcerer' had been unleashed. Kaisa closed his eyes and let out a slow breath, steading himself as he had done so many times before. As he did when he waited in that desert for months for a chance to complete his mission, as he did before he pulled the trigger to sever his own arm.. "Get TH33D and Naseur on the line. We have a new mission."​

Demanded Rolls
[May be negated by Action 1, but I didn't know if I should use old rolls or roll again for turn 2, so will just post both]

Too Early Turn 1 Roll because I no read good:
Result: 3d20 (11, 10, 19)
Total: 40

Result: 1d8 (1)
Total: 1

---

Start of Turn 2 Rolls
Result: 3d20 (6, 3, 10)
Total: 19

Result: 1d8 (3)
Total: 3

Current Location

Movement
Kaisa and 2 bodyguards will be using the warpgate to travel to Kessan [Jiwon] to train before returning through the gate to resume their operations in sector 601 [also handing Kessan the bio-bomb encase he needs it for the Enslavers]

Scanning
Sending probe to 402
[Has Scanners++ due to Koko]

Action 1
Kaisa will order his Manta to scan the debris from the destruction of the planet and relay that information to his fellows so they can avoid expiring in the planet's death throes. Naseur [Kent] is doing something similar with his station, but this is to ensure we all survive. If this action ends up not being needed, he will instead try to scan for some choice bits of the planet and collect them [precious metals and other such things given priority]. Kaisa, if applicable, will use his arm to attempt to aid in this process [Has comms setup, BLACK IC, orbital designator]

Action 2
Kaisa's Manta will collect the special bomb being constructed by TH33D [Trektek] and fire it at the Sorcerer's old prison within the gas giant to destroy it and hopefully slow down his daemonic reinforcements. If possible, the scanners of Naseur's [Kent's] station will be used to boost firing solution to ensure connection. [If TH33D fails, just Manta strike it and hope for the best]

Bonus Action [Fire Caste]
Kaisa orders the boarding of the Station to deal with the Sorcerer.. He cannot be allowed to live, this system, this sector, will join the Greater Good.

Military Deployment for Kaisa includes:
Kaisa in his XV-25 Stealth Battlesuit - Fusion Blaster [If able, will take Shield Generator add-on]
Leftie [badass stealthsuit Kroot hound]
Two XV-25 Stealth Battlesuits - Burst Cannons
Two XV8 Crisis Battlesuits [Naseur's, handed to Kaisa's command for this mission] - 1 Burst Cannon, 1 Flamer [each]
Fire Caste Taskforce - Covert
Enoulian Auxiliary Taskforce - Precision Weapons, ++Assault
Tallerian Auxiliary Taskforce - Loota [Ork Weapons], Assault, ++Assault [3/4 Expert], Incendiary Fire

The second Tallerian Taskforce, with heavy weapons, will NOT be deploying. They remain on the Manta as reinforcements/protect the manta from any boarding attempts by daemons.​

Last edited:
Progress As Tau Shall

TH33D

Turn 2

—-------------------------------------------------------

The explosion rocked the Ship. HAV3N looked on in complete shock over at TH33D before slamming her right fist into her left palm.

“Y..you…..”

Her hand went over her forehead as a facepalm as she tried to find the right words in her linguistic banks.

“.....You actually did it. You blew up the goddamn planet.”

TH33D cycled through his fingers on the table as the keyboard retracted, thumbing loudly as they moved out one by one and then back again.

“....Yes. You were right here. You saw what was necessary, For The Greater Good.”

HAV3N pulled TH33D up from his chair, holding him slightly above the ground.

“Do you even know what the Etherials are going to do to us? Do you realize how screwed we are from you putting us in this position?”

TH33D pried HAV3N’s fingers off of his chest and his feet dropped relatively lightly onto the metal floor. He turned to look outside at the various bits of debris that had once been a planet. A dangerous and unruly planet, but a planet nonetheless.

“And do you think that I had much of a choice? Those Chaos Cultists were going to blow up the planet anyway. This way, we stopped them from causing it to be even worse. Besides, you know as well as I do that covering the discovery of the probe was much more important than the existence/structural integrity of an entire world with millions of inhabitants."

HAV3N huffed as she started pacing.

"Gargantua. Calculate percentage of The Etherials at the very least dismantling me, my brother and the rest of our brothers and sisters."

A slight ticking sound could be heard before the monotone voice of the ship chimed through.

"A 99.98% chance of dismantling or destruction. With a 3% margin of error."

HAV3N fling her arms up in the air.

"You see? You see what you've done? I'm actually shocker at you. Usually, I'm the one that charge in headlong and causes problems."

TH33D chuckled.

"I guess it was my time then after all."

The sound of a communication coming through. It was Uncle Kaisa.

"Right. Put him through. I suppose I'll have a lot to explain, after all.

--------------

EXPLOSION STUFF WILL BE CALCULATED BY COSMO FOR BOTH MYSELF AND KENT

Screenshot_20240221_200301_Discord.jpg

Current Location: 601

Probe System: 601 (Specifically anything related to The Sorcerer and its Doom Location

Action 1: Help Kent to Build A.I. Leverage additional funds on credit to assist with this.

Action 2: Fight The Sorcerer in conjunction with Kent and Cosmo’s forces

Bonus Action: Use Planet Resources from Station to build bomb

Last edited:
ELDI CAADAN

TURN 2

tumblr_a4d1030c98624058509b9c84d579ad96_a4f8d2de_1280.jpg

He had steeled himself to kill every Ork in the sector, down to the last red-orange squeaker. Eldi Caadan killed their black brood squig, courageously boarded and captured their brute ramship that had ambushed him - during a point blank naval engagement with it no less, and destroyed their retreating onslaught attack ship with a full barrage of seeker drone missiles once Sa'Shi and Raylorn softened it up right before it could escape into the warp and tell their warboss about the fight to be had in this region of space.

Overall, his actions during that combat patrol mission bought vital time at minimal cost for the Greater Good's Kor'vattra to prepare for the inevitability of future greenskin incursions into Astones Omicron after the remaining detection mine spoor were all finally silenced to extinction, whether muted by him or destroyed by providence once their masters were wiped off his star maps.

He was immediately and completely successful. His planning was sound, and where there were faults in his orders or surprises from the Orks he had quickly adapted. Strategy, tactics, skill, and, loathe as he was to admit it, luck won him the victories his superiors now lauded him for. Yet he'd argue at the end of the year his crowning achievement was arranging the recomissioning of the brute ramship into the largest Tau navy vessel this side of the frontier. Such a craft taken as intact as circumstances permitted was worth twenty Manta missile destroyers to a commander that requisitions reinforcements.

And, to top it all off, he singlehandedly saved Kessan's life when his part in the invasion turned for the worse.

Maybe he wouldn't always be praised like this for doing what needs to be done. He expected for any accolades to go to the task forces that made for planetary objectives even when the main focus so far was probing, not to him who engaged Ork forces and equipment that were spawned and made yesterday. But now that he's been vindicated, he could continue to seize the initiative in this grand endeavor where others must concern themselves with optics.

"Y'eldi," he barked, looking away from the banks of terminal screens displaying information the other commanders gathered, "has Marx confirmed he's received the payment for his services?"

"Yes Shas'el. We're cleared to park the brute ramship for the refit to begin. The jokaero and brachyura auxiliaries are prepared to assist. If necessary, as you requested, the gue'vesa are on standby for Ork extermination duty and to protect the work crews."

"Excellent. Keep me updated. The moment it can leave drydock for deep space we're off to see what a marriage of Ork brutishness and Tau elegance can do for this campaign."

Orders

1. (Probe Action) Probe the Brute Ramship for Ork stowaways and hidden compartments ahead of Marx's refurbishment. Recon drones controlled by the air caste task force assist.

2. (Classified Bonus Air Caste Action) Secret training mission in 703, test SHAK-E MODE at half power.

3. (Movement Action) Move to 703 from 702.

4. (Main Action) Hunt down webway eldar corsair with Eldi Caadan and his bodyguards.

Last edited:
Victor Wrathdale - Lord Captain.jpg
Victor Wrathdale
Turn 02

Operation Poisoned Pain
The bridge of the Persephone was abuzz with activity as the vessel continued its silent running, lurking like a spider in the shadow of HROA VIII as the various plans were being spun and prepared on behalf of the suffering denizens of the world. Victor Wrathdale stood resplendent in his uniform, sword at his hip as his hand rested on its hilt as he pondered things that had developed. Around the hololithic table were his various ranking officers along with the pair of Tau representatives. This was going to be a dangerous endeavor but the rewards would be great. Gaining control of this repaired world would be a windfall for Hades while also hopefully providing Victor a hidden base of operations to continue his efforts within the region.

"As you can see, my friends, we have two points of operation. We must strike at the point on the volcano that will trigger a pyroclastic event against the palace of the Drukhair horde. As mighty as their shielding is, they won't be able to withstand constant magma flow hopefully. My proposal is simple. We will deploy the 1st Company of the Wrathguard with two torpedo warheads to position them for this, sending the crisis suits along to monitor and assist with scanning for the best vector point," Victor declared as he used a swagger stick to point at the location.

"This is a very risky endeavor," Shas'El Starfire said with a thoughtful expression. "But it does bear some merit. A indirect direct strike. I'll lead the operation from a Crisis Suit"

"Very good, Shas'El. I'll be entrusting the Ambassador to get the main terraformer engines fully reactivated. The 2nd Company and Wrathcog Continent will deploy there to rendevous with those willing to help us. Por'El Tidechaser, I'll rely upon you to keep the locals cooperative and held together to deter any others from trying to stop us. I imagine some will like the idea of a restored world as a nice negotiation angle," Victor said looking at the Water caste who technically lead the Tau mission attached to him due to his Rogue Trader status.

"We will do what we can, Lord Captain. These people are savages but they also know desperation. I believe they can see the Greater Good in our work than continuing the pointless cycle of suffering that only feeds their slavers. Let us hope that your 'friend' amongst those butchers is truly prepared to assist us," Tidechaster said as he starts to tap at his datapad to begin preparing for his work.

"You just keep the engineers and others holding firm and helping us. This is the rebirth of their world. Our supposed friend is working in self-interest and that's something I think we can count on. He'll get to leave here and seek whatever he wants. We get our prize," Victor said as he gestures with his stick towards the terraformer location.

"Now, we're going to run a gambit and fire a torpedo from the Persephone to the target point for volcanic eruption. I predict the foe will shoot it down, I know the Drukhari enough to not underestimate their systems if they're anything close to the Aeldari. When that fires, it is the signal to commence operations for our other force to get to work on the Terraformer engines. Everything hedges on our ability to get those fully operational which will ruin the cycle of pain the Drukhari scum have afflicted upon this world. If we're lucky, it will make it worthless to them and feed into the infighting the attack on the ruler's palace should cause. Our secret ally will likely contribue if he's serious about escaping here, so the torpedo may even make it through for an even larger detonation," Victor said as he handed the swagger stick off to a servant as he taps in commands.

"To add a little spice to this grand scheme, I'll be launching a probe to provide us telemetry data for the Operation and torpedo launch. Hopefully it can help things along while also keeping us appraised of enemy action. For now though, let us drink to our endeavor for this will either be glorious or the void shall welcome our corpses," Victor snaps his fingers as trays with goblets filled with a fine amasec is provided along with something more to the tastes of the pair of ranking Tau operatives.

"To victory, my friends!" Victor declares as he raised his glass.

"TO VICTORY!"​

Probe Action: Probe will be launched in 700 to provide telemetry support to Operation Poisoned Pain

Move: Persephone maintains Silent Running and positions itself to execute Operation Poisoned Pain

Action 01: Infiltrate Wrathguard 1st Company with torpedo warhead(s) to position detonation to attack the pleasure palace of the Drukhari Lady. Persephone will fire a torpedo to signal operations and attempt to strike the target zone, but is expected to fail. This will prime the actual bomb to go off.

Action 02: Wrathguard 2nd Company [Monster Killers] and Wrathcog Contingent will deploy to the Terraformer engines to commence full repairs once chaos breaks out among the Drukhari/Torpedo Fires

Water Action: Water Caste will organize rebels and keep them cooperating/not murdering one another to support the Terraformer repair operations. (Action 02)​

Last edited:
Fluff:
"Avast, me hearties! 'Tis yer cap'n speaking! Over the past lil' while, we've 'ad a lot of excitement, and much great success! Thanks to one and all fer yer great work!
Our fine pilots destroyed all those space-krakens, the "Enslavers", and our Syreen mopped up that escapin' eldar fella, wit' ease! Now there be rumors that yer cap'n can see the future, it probably be poppycock, but I can tell ye the future looks bright t' me!
Now our new friends of Clytine VIII are able t' join us, an' ye'll meet several new Bulrathi shipmates soon! We be lootin' some buried treasure on Clytine soon as well!
Ahhh ye likes yer treasure, do ye? Just ye wait, we're presently at work on plunderin' e'en more!
Aye, an' there's nothin' a good pirate likes more, than spendin' some o' 'is treasure enjoyin' shore leave after a long voyage, so I've done ye one better, and brought the shore t' us! Our other new allies, the Humna-Humna, 'ave the most luxurious vessel that even meself 'as ev'r experienced, an' it's been off'r'd fer all o' us t' enjoy while not on-duty. It's captained by His Sluiciness, Master Alobar Kudra, and ye best pay him respect! Drinkin' contest 'appening there at 22:00, come challenge yer cap'n!
Transport an' Comms will be regulated, though, so please arrange wit' yer superiors! This be because we now be INVISIBLE, wit' th' best tech in th' land, and can truly stalk our foes through the darkness o' th' oceans of space. Ye can thank th' geniuses in yer Jok'Aero & Psilon brethren fer this great work. Ohoho it be lovely. Captain Sa'Moray out!"

"Barrelman, send more crows out t' explore Clytine, an' a persistent set around Berg's financial district"

"Black Parody, as ye've no doubt noticed, th' Enslaver threat 'as been handled with relative ease, an' Clytine VIII 'as elected t' join us Tau in partnership. We also be plannin' t' advertise fer more t' come on the account, including special incentive fer other Humna-Humna. Ye no doubt already see th' value o' bein' part o' this fleet, an' ye will see it e'en more once we be done with Berg! Are ye prepared fer t'day's special operations?"

"Quartermaster, let's get these Bulrathi geared up properly, time t' hit the Armory again, then after that, send 'em to th' Jok'Aero, then work on puttin' up that Ad we talked about!"
"Bos'n, the Bulrathi will be in later t' be properly equipped, ye may need to make adjustments, they be large an' hairy!"

"Talana, have yer teams on high alert standby a' the onboard subspace amps, might only have a moment's notice! Hopefully won't need to snap int' action at all though..."

"Pol'Ee me boyo, there are vast threats not too far away, but at least fer the moment we be doin' very well fer ourselves an' The Greater Good, an' the crewe's happy as a pig in shit.... Now how in 'ell did ye know how t' find that Eldar in th' gateway? Ye be constantly full o' surprises, mate... Per'aps ye will surprise me again on t'day's operations..."

Crunch:
Turn 2: Start in subsector 707 orbiting Berg

Move: TBD, likely remaining in 707

Bonus Air Caste Action: Air Support: This was already accomplished successfully during Kessan's #In-Character followup ( Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities ).

Having already destroyed 4/6 of the Enslavers, the job of wiping up the last 2, along with any remaining threats, should be simple, especially with the counter-offensive primed on Clytine 8.

Assets in use:
-Next-gen scanners, drones, & probes to ensure precise tracking and targetting of foes. Equipped by all of our units. [SCANNERS] descriptor team aboard Orca as well.
-Moray custom stealth systems; Equipped by all of our units.

-Clytine VIII's primed counter-offensive, timed to strike at the same moment as:

-Orca Destroyer's Fighters
--remotely piloted
--The pilots have the [ACE PILOTS] descriptor
--The pilots have the [COVERT++] descriptor, and the fighters have stealth systems, so likely covert by extension.

-Air Caste Taskforce[COVERT++, ACE PILOTS] and Zero-G trained
--Piloting fighters REMOTELY
--They already have successful experience with this exact situation, having completed 4/6 of the job last action.

-Orca Destroyer itself (only if necessary, from long range)
--I have noted that by default, it's equipped with Ion Artillery & Railgun Array

Free action: Supply from Armories on Berg and get 1 descriptor each (approved by DM):
Sa'Moray: [INSPIRING]
Air Caste Taskforce: [ACE PILOTS]
Jok'Aero: [INTUITIVE HACKING]
Psilon: [SCANNERS]
Syreen: [SEDUCTION+]
Bulrathi: [COVERT]

Commerce 1: Participating in Kessan's [PSYKER NULL] training school for Sa'Moray, Crisis Suit heroes, Tau taskforce, and Syreen Auxillary (cleared with DM).

In addition, apparently we're getting "a lot" of descriptors, see: Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Probe: additional 2 probes across 707
Probe action 1 w/ Next-Gen probes guided by a [SCANNERS] descriptor team:
-Berg: Building upon existing knowledge:
--Berg scans including insider trading info from myself as well as Kessan
--Available profit from abusing Insider trading information was estimated at 10 Wealth on Turn 1.
---OOC, seeing Kessan's success, this is expected to BALLOON
-Focus for this probe action is to actively monitor for last-second market shifts and opportunities, and take advantage of them
-this info provided to Kessan to assist in the takeover.

Commerce 2: this action being used with Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon / Kessan to assist each-other with market reformations on Berg
Commerce 3: this action being used with Naseur to assist with Berg market manipulations

Action 1: Working together with Kessan ( see: Futuristic - Progress as Tau Shall v2: IC ) to cause the massive market shift on Berg, though our goals are not 100% aligned. Sa'Moray's priorities are:
1) Abuse the market & situation egregiously, both in physical products, and the stock markets. Rip out as much Wealth and resaleable commodities as possible, as well as ships and other valuables.
2) Frame the corporation Vertex Technologies to hide my tracks (to avoid reputation-loss)
3) Then secure ownership of same corporation Vertex Technologies, and their research station Uzer 1 (at Clytine VIII). As far as the public is concerned, the corporation is collapsing and ceasing operations after some bad plays during this action, but Sa'Moray will keep it afloat until all research, prototypes, etc have been secured. Regarding the staff, including population of Uzer 1, do not interfere with them yet. Sa'Moray wishes to befriend the Capelon, and determine if the scientists or other staff would be useful to our fleet.
4) Inject funds back into the market and take credit for it (albeit, spending the bare minimum) so that the market is able to fully recover over-time. Perhaps Berg (as a whole) will feel even more indebted to Sa'Moray such that he can call in favors later on. (Sa'Moraynestown?)
5) All while assisting in Kessan's market manipulations

Assets being leveraged:
Wealth:
-5 Wealth loan from Kaisa
-5 Wealth loan from Naseur
-All personal funds
-All funding available from the merchant fleet
-Additional funding available via Ethereal parent
-Fully drain (as-able) any bank/loan-shark services, Tau or otherwise.
All loans to be paid back end of Turn 2 with expected minimal interest.

Other Assets:
-I "can SEE THE FUCKING FUTURE"!
-as well as the immediate present, with Active Probe action 1 above
-Next-Gen scanners/drones/probes guided by a SCANNERS descriptor team
-assistance from Naseur:
--skills and knowledge of the Stryxis Theater Of Secrets
--assistance of his AI, Synaptic (gives 1d20 boost to all 1d100 rolls)
-co-operation of/with Kessan
-INTUITIVE HACKING of the Jok'Aero aux
-knowledge & assistance from the Humna-Humna Super-Duper Yacht & First Agent Black Parody & Alobar Kudra himself
-ON-STANDBY: Syreen available to operate from aboard Orca through Berg's "medium atmosphere" in concentrated attacks to target individuals if necessary/as-needed/as opportunities dictate.

In the event that the framing of Vertex Technologies might be failing, for example a hacker is following the money trails too well, make contact by Syreen to bribe/hire/seduce/etc to ensure success.

Free Action(?): Put up prominent advertisements (permanent/recurring) across Berg and Nova Horizon (and anywhere else that supports it) to join Sa'Moray's Tau crew. It features attractive imagery/descriptions of:
-Sa'Moray[INSPIRING] with an artist's rendition of Pol'Ee
-select luxurious views of the Super-Duper-lux Humna-Humna nesting-doll Yachts
-the Syreen[SEDUCTION+] aux
-a lifestyle showcasing wealth, luxury, adventure, exploration into the unknown, scientific/tech discoveries & development, and spreading TGG to others, all with a great degree of freedom
-the science labs in full swing (ensure any sensitive info censored)
-An impressive looking array of combat gear including the Orca, its Fighters, and 4 combat suits, and other imagery of Tau forces (including those that are not directly within Sa'Moray's command)
-Offering a signing bonus (if hired) as well as a referral bonus for bringing on others who get hired
-Additional variable bonus for:
--people with their own ship
--people with any gear/technology/resources we can make use of
--high-end AIs
--Ohno-nono
--Kambutcka
--Humna-Humna
--Highly-Skilled individuals
All applicants will be catalogued and stored in a database, to be reviewed periodically (once/turn). Even regular Joes will be considered if we can assemble a full Auxiliary team. Heavy vetting/interview process including being temporarily subsumed by the Syreen, we don't want to accidentally induct spies etc

Probe action 2 w/ Next-Gen probes guided by a SCANNERS descriptor team:
-Additional probing on Clytine VIII for in-depth data:
--Previous tau expedition
--Abandoned colony vault
--If the pretech biotechnical databanks are not within a civilization, then scan their area as well
-If additional scanning bandwidth is available, proceed to scan:
--Research Base Berg/Berd/South 1
--Research Base Berg/Cooma 7
--Space Station Berg/Redi 5

Action 2: Away-mission to Clytine VIII:
-Clytine VIII experts agreed to "assist us in preparing to venture into your hostile biosphere" (superior filter masks & suits, parasite vaccines, etc, whatever they've got), so that's our first stop. Our Bulrathi Aux should be intimately familiar and are likely joining this mission.
-The above preparations, and probe data, will affect team, priorities, path, and loadout, so they are not listed.
-Targets: previous Tau expedition, Pretech Biotechnical databanks, Abandoned colony vault.

Last edited:
Turn 2

Sa'Shi
(System 0703)

"Taskforce B is prepared, Ma'am. Alpha team will be starting in the cargo bay loading zone and will push through to the bridge. Bravo team has already prepared defensive measures to repel them. Non-lethal, for training purposes, of course." Kor'ui Shoerra stood at attention as he waited for Sa'Shi's response. Recovering from the battle with the ork vessel was surprisingly simple. The Manta had taken little damage, which sped things up considerably. On the downside, the Vespid taskforce was performing weapon maintenance when the Manta was hit. The resulting chaos from the ship shaking will take them some time to recover from.

"They're to begin as soon as possible. Once we're docked at Sauk 5, I want all of Taskforces A and B ready to dismount and take the hangar at the first sign of hostilities," Sa'Shi commanded as she looked over a data packet sent to her by Raylorn. The other commander had a shopping list ready for her when he heard she was visiting the black market, and she was more than happy to accommodate him. Assuming it was his money she'd be spending for his items. Glancing up from the list, she realized Kor'ui Shoerra was still standing there, as if waiting for further orders.

"As soon as possible, Kor'ui Shoerra. That means go and tell them to begin. You're dismissed," she added just in case. The younger Tau saluted and scampered off, presumably to get the training operation up and running. Putting it from her mind, she glanced back to her monitor. Raylorn's list was memorized by now. Her own was more flexible, and didn't particularly need memorization. Other points of data were quickly skimmed, important things being noted and bureaucratic nonsense put aside for later. The link between Cerberus Extra and the exiles that her comrades had come across was interesting. As was the other ork vessel, the one which Eldi destroyed. The sector certainly didn't need an ork infestation at this stage. Other reports were even more concerning. Fleets, battleships, worlds lost to chaos. Perhaps she should begin probing surrounding systems to start building an information advantage. If one thing from her time training on her sept stuck with her, it was the degree to which information won battles and wars. Of course, her sept primarily focused on urban warfare, but the idea still applies to space combat. With a sigh, she rubbed the side of her head and marked the next target for probing, then signed off to rest before the station-side visit.

ACTIONS

Probe: System 0603 - planet Fazizad

Action 1: Gue'Vesa Counter-Boarding taskforce will train for ship defense on the Manta. Half the taskforce will act as a hostile boarding team, the other half will defend against them. Teams will switch once a round of training is completed.

Action 2: Visit Sauk 5 station and look for interesting things in the black market auction/bazaar. Bring a small detachment from Air Caste Taskforce A for security. The remaining Air Caste members, the Gue'Vesa Counter-Boarding taskforce, and both crisis suits will remain on the Manta but will be ready to facilitate exfil in the event hostilities break out.

Bonus Action: Air Caste - Probe system 0603 - planet Prope

Users who are viewing this thread

Back