• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Problems with Hosted Project: Can't add Forums/Subforms

CupAndCough

Sought Hope Here, Became Blind To It
   Yeah I'm trying to work on my Hosted Project and it seems like I can't access my ability to Add Subforums--Is there something that can help me? I dunno what really going on and I feel like I can't explain this issue well. So please assist me before I just give up on something I really wanna get into. I don't wanna have my momentum and interest for starting something end here. 

Do you already have a total of 5 forums? Any more and you need to create a support ticket to have an admin manually add them for you. If it's something else, do you have any screenshots?

I have 3 forums and 2 subforums. Also a good number of the permissions I used to be able to manipulate are gone now--and it only allows me to check off the ability to see the forums. Is that limit messing up my project? 

Which hosted project is this for?  I tried digging around to see which one it could have been and none of the hosted projects which you have created match your description (unless I cannot see the second subforum because of the permissions you have set).  If this is so, then you are no longer allowed to create another (sub)forum by yourself.  You will have to do as Anomaly said.

HP in Question: 

Last edited by a moderator:
Which hosted project is this for?  I tried digging around to see which one it could have been and none of the hosted projects which you have created match your description (unless I cannot see the second subforum because of the permissions you have set).  If this is so, then you are no longer allowed to create another (sub)forum by yourself.  You will have to do as Anomaly said.

HP in Question: 

Ah yeah that's the one. Sorry for some reason it also double posted the forum. I have another hosted project but that needs more ironing out and a good team. This project in question is easier to make. But that's besides the point. 

Ah so the subforums count as forums themselves? That sucks. Thanks for the assistance--but that doesn't explain why my permissions are gone beside allowing people to see the forums--is it because I reached the limit? 

but that doesn't explain why my permissions are gone beside allowing people to see the forums--is it because I reached the limit? 

See if you can edit the forums and sub-forums. If you have set some restrictions on them, that might simply be the case. If you are still registered as a regular member of your HP, you won't be able to edit permissions, post topics, etc. on a restriction-set forum/sub-forum. 

To get away with having restrictions on a forum, and yet have complete unrestricted control over it, you must create a forum role that has pretty much every option checked/every moderation ability granted and apply it to yourself. 

If you've created a GM role and set yourself in it, the problem may be due to a known glitch with created roles and their permissions.  If you aren't going to use any roles except GM, I'd suggest not using them at all -- as the creator, you'll already have permissions to do everything you could set a GM to do, plus some that can't be given to any role.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back