• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Probability difference

Girouette

Lizard knight Overlord
Universe

The universe is a fairly simple concept, when distilled into a basic sense. It is what is all around us, our reality, our world, our laws and sciences. Who we are is even ingrained in this view of the universe, it could be say that everything is confined within this concept.

But, as all things are, it's not that simple, for the universe isn't contained within one reality, for everything in a single reality is defined by what happened before, but what is the chance that an event...Which could define something as significant as a shoe color or an entire continents existence happened, what if the event that decided you were born...On the same day? To the same people? Or even at all never happened. Then where would you be?

This can be simplified as the Probability difference, or the difference between 0%, say the chance that you wore red socks today was 3%, in another reality it could be 80%, this may seem trivial, but it tends to add up, this is then generalized as a sum of how different each reality is to the 0%...For instance, let's say your reality is 0.58919% , but in a reality where you sleep in a different room is 0.589191% or a different house could be 0.58916%. However there would also exist one where you are...To be fair similar, but a different person, with different events, of which would put you at say... 0.45315%. Or even more drastic changes in the world could result in farther flung variation.

However most don't think of such things, as how could someone even cope with understanding it? Let alone actually apply it...Such things for most are meaningless numbers and theories.

Does the thought of a roleplay where everyone plays the same character from different realities sound entertaining? Does you have a deeper meaning on the scale of alternate reality, or do you simply want to try and make the most interesting variation on a blank slate? Well, then check this out.

Last edited:
I think this sounds interesting, but honestly, I have a hard time understanding what exactly the sentences or numbers mean even after reading several times.

So, what does 'add up' mean, and what exactly does the 0.xx% mean? Like, is the percentage the added percentage of all differences in a world, e.g. the 0.1% might have something that is 0.01% different + something that is 0.09% different? So all worlds have a "constant" difference to that 0%?

So, and what exactly does "the chance that you wore red socks today was 3%" mean? Because from my understanding, once it has happened, either I wore red socks today or I didn't, which leaves the chance at 100% or 0%. Or is each reality an own instance of Many-Worlds-Interpretation or... ah well I'm so confused. I'm sorry if my questions are dumb or something, maybe I'm missing something.

Add up doesn't mean a direct difference addition, it's just that the % number is how different each reality is from the 0% normality, not the difference of what happens inside them.

And it's not that the chance you wore red socks was a 3%, but everything that influenced you into wearing red socks, making the conscious decision to wear red socks was, in this interpretation built upon a lot of other things, which had other chances of occurring, and in each universe this chance is different, which affects hundreds of other things and their chance of occurring, and so on.

It pretty much says that it doesn't really make sense, so...Yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back