Opinion Private roleplay's in a public server, appropriate? [DISCORD]

FolKinPunk

Leech Boy
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello. I might have DID and I've noticed I'm unhappy in the life the other person in my head has. This server, where I've tried to stay the last few months since fronting, just honestly is so exclusive. Like why? These are my "friends", right? Well, the other person's friends. I'm trying to keep contact, be nice, fix up and get people talking again (They excluded one person so much she's all but left, but I've been fixing this.)

This other me even stopped roleplaying too, mostly because of the existence of one specific channel in the server.

There's about 8 or 9 of us in the server, and one channel has 3 people's characters in it. No one else is allowed to interact, or chat in that channel. They only interact with each other, have even started a romance, and when the other me asked to participate (early on, mind you, before most of this... foundation started, when it was just 2 of them!) they wouldn't let me.

I even suggested multiple solutions of us interacting with each other, all were shot down.

Since fronting, I've mentioned before how it's a bit not good to have that channel: but no one will acknowledge me. I'm not very dramatic, I just... Don't interact, at that point. Lol. I'm sad, sure, but it doesn't seem like a huge problem.

But when 2 others have DM'd me multiple times to express their discomfort, how exclusive it feels, hurtful that they're constantly ignored, neglected, where as I've said another person (SO not just the other me) Has stopped roleplaying because of it.

Is it appropriate? It's a private roleplay, shouldn't they do that in their own private area, so we don't have to see? It's not like our characters are friends, they NEVER speak in the "chat" (We have a channel where all those characters can interact. Those 3 peoples characters? Hardly ever interact).

I just want to know if others' deem it appropriate? I've made a second discord for this other person in my head, and I've added them to the server, but if everyone thinks this is appropriate or something I'm just leaving. The other me in my head can continue to be their friends, but me? I'm not their friend. I'm ready to move on. I just want to know if this is real, or something in my head. (... 3 Of our heads?)

Thank you. Any more detail needed, please ask. (Thank you for moving it to where it's supposed to be, the thread. <3)

Edit: They were all good people, it seems. I was wrong. I ruined everything. Thank you for your help, everyone, but I shouldn't have ever said anything. Have a good day.

Last edited:
If I'm honest, it kind of sounds like the whole server has a huge problem, and it's not the private RP. I mean, that's not appropriate either, but based on how you describe the way they treat other people in the server, I would personally recommend both of you follow that one friend you mentioned's example and book it out of there as fast as you can. That kind of environment can't be healthy to stay in, I'm sure.

But I'm also extremely sensitive to things like that, I've left RPs and groups for way less than that XD So maybe see if anyone else answers you, but in my opinion, you shouldn't tolerate a place like that no matter how many of your friends are there.

I'm with my brother on this one, lol. It's really not worthwhile to force yourself to stick to an environment that you find stressful and morally reprehensible. I'd still keep in contact with the people you're fond of, but it sounds like you might want to consider detaching yourself from the situation and begin looking for another RP with a healthier dynamic. A clean slate sounds like it might be helpful.

You both are very right. I've said I'm contemplating such a move as leaving, and most of them are sweet and willing to work with me.
But the reasons that we all know why I must leave, those reasons will not even acknowledge it.
Thank you for your advice and help. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back