• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Private] El Stories

Arya noticed Rain's change in personality and became curious as to why the usually quiet and kind girl was suddenly more aggressive. She had a feeling the others might have answers, but she couldn't focus on that right now. Instead, she turned her attention to the now dead healers and the bone structure that was laid out as if deliberately. Arya paced towards one of the many tail bones and struck it. Cracks appeared in it like a web that eventually consumed all the bones. One by one, cracks appeared as if some unknown force struck each bone unison. The structure collapsed in a pile of rubble and dust, however, Arya's makeshift weapon was pulverized as well. "Did I do that? Oops." Arya mockingly replied, watching Kayak's reaction to her "clumsy" attack.

Late Late LegenDarius LegenDarius Heavengiver Heavengiver I iFlipTables

Xavier went ahead to take his chance of the battle, wanting to get this done and over with.

"Rage Chase!" He formed a fiery aura and whipped it at Kayak who was still in shock at the ruins of the bones. Xavier pulled the shaman forward, the shaman yelling in surprise and trying to rid of the ropes. Yet he hissed in response as there was a powerful sting from trying to pry it off, causing him to ditch the attempt to tug it off and send out a chain fireball attack.

Xavier charged at Kayak and swiftly dodged around the fireballs, happy that he can now move around at a better angle without having a bag on his back. His gauntlets grew slightly in size for the next attack of his skill, the claw tips stretching out as being surrounded by a fire aura. Xavier pounced on the shaman, his gauntlets were quick to dig right into the skin of Kayak. The shaman yelled in pain, swinging his staff to whack Xavier away. He did get pushed off but Xavier didn't lose momentum as he jumped right back on Kayak, shredding him up into a bloody mess.

"Stop! Just stop!"

Xavier heard his pleas, listening how his voice seems to shriek out to make him stop. Though, Xavier was taking some strange pleasure for dealing pain to someone who is living long enough to feel it. It was probably the effects of his attacks, and with Perkisas' strength, he was dealing a lot more significant damage. He paused when Kayak weakly pushed Xavier back after he ripped out...a rib bone. Xavier surprised himself, realizing the mess he made. He was also surprised of Kayak breathing still, yet the lizardman was breathing hard. Xavier wasn't sure if Kayak's hatred for humans lived this long or he had some sort of shaman abilities that caused him to last longer than any other lizardmen. Though for sure, time was running out for Kayak.

Xavier went ahead to shove the pointed end of the rib down to Kayak's chest, right into his heart. Kayak wasted all his energy, unable to say anything as he dies.

Heavengiver Heavengiver LegenDarius LegenDarius I iFlipTables Breakthrough Breakthrough

Ren stood in silence, watching Xavier execute Kayak without showing remorse. Ren nodded his head, almost in approval. Xavier was no loyal friend, but Ren had to respect his efficiency and his grit on the job. It's a much-desired quality in the merc field.

"I'll clean the mess," Ren spoke up finally. He slammed open the chamber of his FEAR, and a large, empty shell fell out with a clang. Picking it up and storing it in his pocket, Ren took out a fresh shell. A mixture containing El glistened through the tiny windows in the shell. Ren knelt down by a crater and waited for the geyser to erupt with flames. Once it did, he held the end of the shell to the flame, watching as the glistening El mixture turned blood-red and then bright white. He removed the shell once the flame eruption died out, blowing on the heated tip to cool it down. He placed the shell into the chamber and charged the round, whirring the FEAR back to life.

Ren approached Kayak's cadaver, turning the knob to the right setting.

Fwuuuuuum!

Blue flames poured out of the barrel like a dragon's breath, quickly consuming the shaman's flesh and bones. They turned into ash and dispersed all around the cave like sand blown away by the wind. Soon after, the flames died as well, as the El energy was quickly depleted.

"No burial for you," Ren said grimly. He turned off the FEAR and turned to face Rain, who was standing at a distance away. He remained silent, taking the time to pick his words wisely.

Late Late Breakthrough Breakthrough Heavengiver Heavengiver I iFlipTables

Arya watched only as long as she was able. The sight of the blood from Xavier's assault and Kayak's ungodly screams of pain made her stomach lurch in the most uncomfortable way. She turned away and covered her ears, shutting her eyes and ears to the horror until it apparently seemed to end, and Steele disposed of the corpse by incinerating it. Arya sighed softly once it was all over, refusing to face the others. She waited in the silence for someone to say something.

Late Late I iFlipTables Heavengiver Heavengiver LegenDarius LegenDarius

Rain
Seeing how everyone defeat Kayak only made her heart hurt.

After she launched her attack, the others did well to eliminate Kayak like he was a petty bandit roaming around the El Tree. The savagery of Xavier's attack did shock her a bit, but she ultimately chalked it up to Perkisas combining his strength with him.

Steele and Arya look awkwardly at her, but she doesn't return their gaze. The dragon wasn't resurrected, thank goodness, yet the healer feels nothing. No sense of relief...no sense of accomplishment.

Oh dear Ishmael, she's beginning to think like him.

Her other self fervently tries to shake her out of her thoughts. She refuses to have her counterpart think like that, be like that. That attitude only caused her pain, suffering...and the death of everything she ever hold dear.

"Rain, snap out of it please!"

The singer felt ready to barf. All of her emotions plus her other self's clashed with each other, and she stealthily covers her stomach in an attempt to compose herself.

"L-let me take us back to Bethma. I'm more used to settling this down."

Her other self hears nothing from her, and it only serves to make her worry more. The siren looks back at her makeshift team and attempts to imitate the dancer's personality.

"Good job everyone. Our work here is done. We should head back to town and rest up. Tomorrow morning...you can decide what you want to do next."

Giving a slightly awkward curtsy, the other Rain walks back to the entrance of the cave. If the others were talking about her, she didn't hear them over the deafening silence of her younger self.

Late Late LegenDarius LegenDarius I iFlipTables Breakthrough Breakthrough

Xavier curiously made sure all the dragon bones were gone. Hell if it scared him as a child when listening to such stories, then for sure he didn't want any remains of the bone dragon to be around. He was satisfied to find nothing and realized everyone's reactions to his slaughter. Maybe it was too much. Xavier checked at the state of his gauntlets and they were rather bloody. He even got some blood on himself, now wanting to take a second shower.

"Well...that was done and over with," Xavier mumbled to himself, flicking his gauntlets in which some blood spattered on the ground. He would probably rinse himself up in the lake just so he doesn't back like a mess.

Xavier looked at those who still was around, giving them a small nod as in thanks for aiding through the mission and head on out.

"A job well done...almost like a dragon."

Xavier wasn't sure how to feel about that but he was raised by a group a dragons. It didn't bother him too much.

Heavengiver Heavengiver LegenDarius LegenDarius I iFlipTables Breakthrough Breakthrough

A white light travelled towards her and her arm absorbed it without remorse. Well, Kayak had died almost as fast as expected. His pride as an old shaman made him almost refuse to use the dark power he had learned to its full potential. As for the ancient dragon, Bahamut, her red spirit came shortly after Kayak's.

Lara stoped her mana gathering as the souls finished to fill it with their power and closed her eyes to meditate. Soon, she entered the void where Bahamut and Kayak stood in front of her.

"Well, looks like your plan didn't go very well this time, Kayak."

"Shut up, elf. You tricked me, Bahamut never woke up for the fight."
"You should be the one to shut up, shadow shaman. The ancient arts of the shadows are my creation and you could've used them to revive me. But you sought a Soul priestess' help. You disappoint me."

"How...did you-?"
"I woke up after the summoning. I expected that no shamans would be alive for a stranger to my people to help you. But when I saw you using one of the most dangerous and secret arts on her; I wanted to kill you myself for being the most incompetent leader of your tribe."

"L-Lady Bahamut, times have changed since your absence, shadow arts are now taboo in our t-"
"Then you do not longer deserve my protection. Farewell, Fake shadow shaman. I hope you take your heretic tribe with you."

Lara couldn't restrain from laughing at Kayak's expression of defeat as Bahamut's spirit vanished. After some seconds, while Kayak glared at her, she finally spoke in a cold voice.

"Kayak, don't worry. You can still be useful. Tell me everything..."
She leapt towards the lizardman and began to absorb his soul completely until nothing but its fiery essence was left. She devoured it and broke her meditation, waking up again in Richie mines. This was very problematic. Bahamut was indeed strong, but knowing that a legendary dragon like Perkisas was in that lizard boy's body was beyond what she was ready to face. The best was to just make all traces of her group disappear and take the bounty for herself. Then, they would have no reason to come there. Lara quickly took old parts of the Nasods and splashed parts of her cloak and her shirt with their oil.

Then, she shut the guards down and let the rest know that code orange was over before hiding them under a powerful stealth spell. This would do, it had to. She headed out towards Bethma and got there an hour before dawn. Knowing this would make things problematic for Dust, she quickly informed him that she had hidden their presence to avoid any sort of conflict with the possible intruders. Knowing that Richian was a workholic that would already be working at this hour, she headed there and knocked on the door. The lavender-haired man looked surprised to see her out of breath, with her clothes torn and dirty and reminders of cuts on her face and arms. She extended her left arm with the old and battered parts of the Nasods and showed them to him,

"This...is what made those noises in your mine. All of them are...no more." She said, feigning fatigue.
"You're very effective in this new job of yours, Miss Tureen. You have my thanks." He replied in a cold voice. Richian still couldn't forgive the Knights for forcing many men of the village to take part in a pointless conflict that ended in a bloodbath. Without any more words, he took a small bag of silver ED. One thousand. Well, for her actual job, it wasn't all that bad. She headed out to the few opened shops and replaced her old clothes. She bought a sleeveless white shirt, covered by a magic resistant black cloak that hid sharp blades at its tips. She also bought a pair of fitted pants that matched with the colour od her cloak and new leather boots. Lara bought from Toma steel armour that covered her new shoes.

She took a room in the inn just to shower before putting on her new attire. Looking in the mirror, she could almost swear she had gone back in time. Once she broke the illusion spells that returned her hair to its indigo shade, lit up by streaks of light blue and the remains of a broken horn growing out of the side of her head, she sighed. There would be no comeback, only the mirage of memories could subsist through everything. She activated her illusion again and headed out to the inn's restaurant, looking like the young brunette knight most of the regular customers used to know. She still hadn't paid Airi nor Steele completely, but the girl and the elf would inevitably come here at one point.

Stella approached her and thanked her sincerely for her help, although in her eyes laid the same silent grudge Richian held in his. She simply smiled and they talked for a while before Bethma's Sheriff returned to her duties.

Lara ate one of her pancakes in silence, almost indifferent to its softness and the sweetness of the syrup. Many thoughts clouded her mind from enjoying her few instants of humanity.

The desert never forgot and it never forgave.
Fume Fume

Last edited:
Arya didn't say anything, merely continued to stand with her back facing the others. The smell of blood, coupled with the heat of the cavern stirred something in her that seemed merely like a headache at first. A piercing scream echoed in her head, making her flinch. A roaring geyser brought with it the smell of burning lumber. The assault on her senses continued until Arya fell to her knees, breathing heavily.

A burning village. Screams echoed in her ears while blood and fire filled her nose. Unfamiliar faces danced across her vision, soulless eyes staring at her, their fingers pointed at her, but no one said a word. At the front of the group stood a little girl and her family. "Murderer." The girl spoke, her voice echoing loudly. Slowly the village began chanting this singular word, marching towards Arya.

When the first hand touched her, Arya screamed, snapped from her daydream by something touching her leg. Arya kicked it off and scrambled away from it, mind racing. A lizardman child stared back at her, both hurt and afraid of the blonde woman. "W-who...?"

Quietly, the child brought Arya three dragon teeth, stuffing them into her bag before running off. Arya blinked, stood up, and followed after the child. "You guys head back. I'll catch up." Arya said, heading down the path the child had come.

Late Late LegenDarius LegenDarius I iFlipTables Heavengiver Heavengiver

Ren felt his body relax. The night was over and the job was over. Only then did he realize the insane heat that was in the cave.

"Alright, we're done here. Let's head outside," he motioned towards the others.

He stepped out into the cool night air, letting the midnight breeze comb through his silky green hair. He closed his eyes and reveled in the cool of the mystic night. Like a glass of cold water, it refreshed his soul after a long, grueling day.

Late Late Heavengiver Heavengiver I iFlipTables Breakthrough Breakthrough

Last edited:
After putting the resources and tools in the smelter room, Dust made a quick trip on his room once more, gathering Rena's new clothes and headed into her room, but not before knocking.

"Brought you new clothes." He stated before setting them at the foot of the bed. "I'm gonna finish healing your legs, you should be able to fight again after I'm done."

"Is this gonna hurt like last time?" She asked, still feeling embarrassed from anyone touching her legs and also apprehensive from the pain.

"It should hurt much less, but bear it for a while longer." He informed before spreading the ointment on her legs. She hissed for a bit before relaxing, as his hands grabbed on hold her muscles, letting the oxygen flow and the soft tissue to absorb the medicinal goo.

He was thorough on the front and on the back of her legs, making sure everything was done right, except for the upper thighs. That's the one spot he would never mess with, you can blame the succubus, mainly Karis.

"Aren't you embarrassed doing things like this to others?" She asked while feeling rather sleepy from how delicate he was being.

"You grow a resistance once you've do it for a few years. You learn a lot of things over the years." He stated before straightening his back. "That should do it. Try standing up."

She rose up and was surprised on the low effort it took to stand.

"Amazing! I was sure I'd stay down for a few days tops!" She said while doing some quick kicks in the air.

"Get yourself dressed. At least you won't need to use those dirty clothes that you're using right now. I'll be in the smelter room, making something for myself." He advised her while going into his room, changing into his new clothes.

He kept the style of a dark purple sleeveless shirt, but the funnel was gone. A sleeveless jacket was garbed, same color as before, with a few blue lines around the dark purple color, decorated with brass buttons.

His shorts were changed into a longer version of themselves, reaching over his knees now, the color scheme was the same as the jacket, dark purple with blue lines, garbed with a chain enveloping his right leg.

Looking at the mirror, he was certain that a few dark roots grew since the last time he checked, but his hair style didn't changed. He finished putting a leather strap around his shoulder and two leather belts tightly around his hip.

Leaving his room, Dust and Rena lightly bumped into each other.

"Ah! Sorry, Dust!" She apologized as he took a small look around her. Her hair was fashioned with a ponytail with a two red ribbons making sure it doesn't come undone. Her T-shirt and shorts took the colors white, green and blue blend well, giving her a youthful appearance, the bronze buttons tightly accentuated where people shouldn't reach.

Her black leather gloves and shoes were designed to last long and to be easy to use on both fields of long range and close range.

"Go take a round around the ship. See how Oblivio and Add are doing." He ordered her while holstering his sack bag.

"Uh, is it okay if I stay with you instead?" She asked, this made him curious, but kept quiet about it.

"Do what you want." He replied back heading towards the smelter, while Rena walked beside him singing a small tune.

*Clink* Samael called for his attention.

"What?"

*Clink* He asked why he would allow her to come with him.

"Does it really matter? She's not going to annoy me anyways." He talked back to him, prompting her to become curious.

"Is Samael talking about me? What did he say?"

"Nothing important. How are your legs doing?" He changed the subject.

"Refreshed like a thousand days! I've never felt them as relaxed as they are now for quite a while." She replied back, feeling energized from the massage.

"If you exert yourself again, I'll have to do the same thing you know. And I know all the spots in a body that can make a person relax." He informed to this, she had an idea.

"All the spots in a body?" She asked with tease in her words. He let out a sigh to this.

"Yes, Rena, all the spots. Just don't ask me to do them." He replied a little bit irritated and to that she seemed to petrify herself with a fazed expression.

"Y-you did t-those..." She tried to not stutter, but it came out anyways.

He didn't even gave her the benefit of an answer as her entered. The smelter room had now all the tools to make any kind of armor or weapon, while also having a smelter to smelt minerals and ores, hence the name.

"Alright, time to work." He announced while grabbing a few pieces of ore and shoving them into the smelter, while gathering the tools to make his new armor and stretching them onto a table.

His hands were fast, taking every process quickly and careful examination on the current piece. He grabbed a hammer and started to create the shape that he wanted.

Rena on the side was impressed that her sibling knew how to create armor. In fact, she was reminded on how in the days of long ago, on how Dust would visit the local blacksmith to see him work, this was before Samael jumped out of a sealed box onto him, trembling with a plethora of emotions and later on calmed down. Later that very same day, they made a contract with each other looking out for each other as friends.

Giving a few more smacks, Dust was able to create iron shoulder pads that fit light a glove once strapped on and he also created iron arm guards. Samael rolled over them, encasing the metal tightly so that it wouldn't fall off, despite his user already made it secure.

"This should work for now." He mumbled to himself while testing out the flexibility that it granted him, which was overall good. "I'm going to do my round, go see how the other two are doing."

"Okay, Dust." She responded while leaving him alone for now.

Doing a small perimeter check on the deck, he received another message from Tureen. Grabbing the horn once more he spoke onto it.

"So, Perkisas is inside the lizard boy. You made a good call, Tureen. I'm guessing you're in town. Rest there for tonight, I'll have the ritual prepared tomorrow to unseal Berthe's power seal. Afterwards, we're making our way to Altera, the land of the Nasods. Add was able to pinpoint it's location, if you want, you can join us. But if you think you want to go alone to Feita, then I have no complains." He messaged her while waiting for a response.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is amazing! Out of all the other prototypes, this one holds the most destructive power and the most control. Maybe I should invest more time to upgrade it, but I'm currently lacking better components, this'll have to do for now." He mused to himself as he left the testing chamber, after battering the test Nasods to a pulp.

"Carna, I'm done testing my new creation. You can go in if you want." He informed his brother before the elf from before entered the lab. "What are you doing here?" He asked suspiciously.

"Dust wanted me to come over and make sure everything is okay. He's doing his round around the dock right now." She explained while giving them a joyful smile.

"Huh? He's doing a round even after our Nasods are supposed to do that? Paranoid hybrid..." He frowned as he went ahead and looked at the results of the tests, still nothing positive on Carna's corruption. "As you can see, we're fine. Don't bother us."

"Oh... okay. See you later then!" She spoke before running out to meet with her brother.

"Weird elf." He commented while focusing on their work.

ChibiSkye ChibiSkye K KizayaTaishuro MementoDei MementoDei

Oblivio/Carna

"Alright, just a few clicks..." his fingers tapped on the holographic keyboard. Finishing the prototypes, he turned on a few test simulations and ran them. "Looks like the simulation is successful...now all that's left to do is to build a device to suppress my Henir energy..."

He had the habit of talking to himself, just like his brother did. It was said that geniuses often have the habit of talking to themselves. Maybe this was it. Although he never considered himself a genius, the things he managed to create were fairly amazing. If he didn't have the habit of self-hatred, he would be giving himself a pat on the back right now.

"I managed to make an input prototype," he said and entered the room his brother was in.

Fume Fume

Rain
"Rain..." the siren whispers, trying to draw her other self out. After letting Arya go do what she needed to do, the three of them walk back quietly, but internally, she was panicking.

"Rain, please...answer me..." she pleads desperately. The hurling of her stomach isn't going away, and the older Rain, while not of her own volition, feels something she hasn't felt in so long.

Fear.

"Go...away...."

"It isn't over yet, Rain. We will go home...we'll see everyone again. Even if it's just the two of us, we can do it..."

Her tone isn't like a tempting seductress; it was more of a doting mother. Her shyer self doesn't speak up again.

Late Late LegenDarius LegenDarius I iFlipTables

Lara's train of thought was suddenly interrupted by Dust's voice sounding in her head. She was startled and almost choked on the last piece of her pancakes. After coughing for a few seconds and finishing her glass of purified water, she listened carefully to Dust's deal. It wasn't all that bad, but she wanted to test the limits of Kayak's magic. If she followed the intruders for a while longer, she would have more information on the crew that seemed to follow them. All things considered, she could also learn the extent of their powers and their true objectives. After a minute or so of complete silence, she answered:

"I'll stay here for a while longer. It's better if I keep some neutrality for now. For all of us. I'll keep you up with details when I can."

She cut the link and paid another glass of purified water as dawn overcame the coldness of the moon.

Fume Fume

The time they made it out the cave, Xavier walked over to the lake and kneeled over to clean up his gauntlets. In truth, they were burning hot not so long ago in which the blood did evaporate off yet as it cooled down, the rest just dried up. He hesitated for a moment before clicking off the straps and taking off the gauntlets so he can just wash them better. Especially when there is some lizardman skin being stucked in between the metal.

He did his best to avoid looking directly at his scarred up arms yet shivered whenever he touched the water. It was too cold for him. That, or he gotten sensitive about the cold after adapting to his change of body thanks to Perkisas. Xavier felt his stomach rumbled and felt like he could eat something warm right about now.

Heavengiver Heavengiver LegenDarius LegenDarius I iFlipTables

Ren walked at a leisurely pace, enjoying the sudden tranquility that enveloped the whole desert. The moon was shining brightly like a jewel directly overhead. The lake was calm and still, its surface resembling the surface of a smooth aquamarine. And the wind caressed his cheeks with its cool every so often.

Without even knowing it, he had already made it back to town. At night it seemed so quiet, like the ruins of an abandoned camp. But a tiny flicker of a light could still be seen from the inn, and so he made his way there. He nodded to the innkeeper and showed his room key. And without a word, he went inside.

He prepared for bed once more. Tossing his clothes into the washing machine, Ren took another hot shower, letting the warm water soothe his muscles. Afterwards, he put his robe back on and jumped right into bed, falling asleep immediately.

Late Late Heavengiver Heavengiver I iFlipTables Breakthrough Breakthrough

As Xavier's hands scoop up the water, he remembered the song he failed to sing about when he was drunk. It brought him back a memory.

"Xavier, do you believe in fate?"

Xavier stared at a beautiful blue dragon who was staring into a pond, there was a small whirlpool of water. He wasn't sure what the dragon was looking at but Xavier shook his head.

"No..." Xavier responded, his voice was small and meek.

The dragon lifted her head and looked over at Xavier. Xavier immediately understood her expression even though it looked no different from before. The small shift of her muscles, the way her eyes softened. She was smiling.

"Honestly I didn't think you would know what fate is. Cornelius must have taught you well, I hope he is not too harsh with his teachings..." murmured the dragon, glancing at a scar on Xavier's arm. Xavier shyly put his arms behind his back and shrugged. "Tell me...why don't you believe in fate?"

"I don't like the idea that my life is planned out for me...I rather make my own choices with my own judgement and suffer my own consequences," Xavier mumbled.

"You're rather young to think such things," the dragon responded. "Come here, little one. Let me sing you a song..."

Xavier smiled slightly at the memory. Strangely it made him feel good about himself. He managed to remember some lines out of the song.

"You are an ocean of waves...weaving a dream...like thoughts become a river stream..." Xavier paused for a moment as he felt Perkisas was listening. It was hard to explain on how he knows he was being listened to but he just knows it. "...yet may the tide ever change...flowing like time, to the path, yours to climb..."

"The song...I believe it has some sort of healing properties," rumbled Perkisas. Xavier kept his mouth closed. "It's interesting...peaceful...who sang it to you?"

"Her name is Octavia. She is the water dragon of the South. She...was the first to find me and took me in. I guess my mother," Xavier said, decided to take the blood off his skin while he is at it. He believed everyone left towards the village.

"Water, huh? ...how many dragons are there?"

"Well, there is six of them currently. There used to be more but...I guess humans can be cruel."

"Why don't they just terrorized towns and cities? Revenge isn't so bad."

"They believe...well majority of them believed that not all humans are bad. I think they had connections with them before, they're probably hanging onto it. Maybe that's why they didn't kill me off in the first place."

"Tch, such foolishness...kindness and compassion will get them killed." Perkisas' steady flow of rage returned back and Xavier sighed. "Humans are all the same...they'll fear to those who are different to them."

Xavier couldn't agrue with that. There was some truth about that. He finished up his cleaning and sighed in small relief as he doesn't look like a mess anymore. Xavier curiously looked into the water, staring at his reflection for a couple of seconds before stepping back. Now that his gauntlets were wet, he decides to not put them back on. He tied the straps around his belt and let the gauntlets hang by his side.

[Song: Lost in Thoughts All Alone - Fire Emblem IF]

Last edited:
Rain
Finally seeing the town before her, the other Rain runs ahead eagerly, relieved that sleep is around the corner. Her younger self remains quiet, still bottled up in the corner of her conscious.

"We're going to go get some sleep, okay? We can deal with the rest later."

She got no answer. Sighing as she enters the inn, Rain finds the same woman who paid Steele drinking water by herself. Her stomach growled in response, and the siren sheepishly orders a meat pie from the restaurant. The place was practically empty, but she didn't feel like sitting by herself, especially not with her other self's state. Rain walks over to the girl with hesitant steps.

"Do you mind if I sit here? It's been a long night, and I don't want to eat alone. You don't have to speak to me or anything."

MementoDei MementoDei

Ren jerked awake when he heard the door open, followed by a small poof on the bed next to his.

"...Airi,"
Ren called to the girl. "Are you awake? I... I want to talk to you about something."

I iFlipTables

"I hope this isn't so awkward... But I wanna ask you about this afternoon..." Ren twiddled his fingers as he mulled over those next few words he was going to say.

"Why did you tickle me this afternoon? Don't worry, I really didn't mind it... I just wanted to know why." Ren paused, allowing the uncomfortable silence to settle.

"It's... Um... It's just that... Er..." He trailed off, losing his train of thought.

I iFlipTables

Lara glanced at the blue haired girl, sensing that something was off about her. She nevertheless smiled at her approach and nodded.
"Oh, please do. I'm always pleased to have some company. It's unusual to see so many adventurers around here. Nights get lonely."
Heavengiver Heavengiver

Xavier head on back now that he washed up the blood. He would often look up the stars along his way back. The time he made it back, Komodo was waiting just right at the bounder of the town. He flew up to Xavier and chirped at him, happy to see him safe. Xavier bended down to scratch around the dragon's head, surprising Komodo that he wasn't wearing his gauntlets. Yet the dragon happily welcomed the feeling of Xavier's hands on his scales.

The two eventually returned back the inn and Xavier placed an order of steaks for himself since he haven't ate anything solid for a while now. Xavier quickly added to deliver it up in the room, wishing to stay comfortable when he is eating. They complied and Xavier went up to his room with Komodo right behind him. Xavier went ahead to lay on the bed, his back against the wall and playing around with Komodo on his lap. Komodo didn't show any signs of being tired so Xavier is just working to make the dragon to feel exhausted. Or maybe he would just let Komodo outside during the night yet it may be too dangerous.

After awhile, there was a knock at the door and Xavier got up to open it. He happily thanked the servant who sent it up and gave him the money, maybe a bit more than needed yet Xavier insisted. When the servant left, Xavier closed the door and went back to his bed to eat his meal, pinning Komodo down with a leg so the dragon wouldn't try to steal a piece from him. Komodo grumbled in annoyance but was fed small pieces every once in awhile if he stayed still enough. The sight and smell was just too tempting for the dragon though.

Rain
"Thank you. Excuse me then."

She sits down in a chair across from the girl and slowly eats the hearty dish. The first couple of bites went down forced, but after she chews on a particularly big chunk of meat, her younger self slowly starts to let up on the emotional strain on her body.

"Are you feeling better? We always did like food."

"This pie...reminds me of Raven's cooking."

The siren lets out an involuntary giggle and continues to eat. The girl at her table observed her quietly.

"A-anyway, how is your day? It seems like you had some business to deal with too if you're up this late."

MementoDei MementoDei

Users who are viewing this thread

Back