• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Private] El Stories

Xavier didn't budge, not yet at least as he stared at them hard. It took him a couple of seconds to notice that one of the two was an elf, making him blink in surprise. Komodo stayed still, waiting for some sort of command from his partner. The teen whistled, causing the dragon to snap out of his stance and running back to Xavier, making a quick work to climb back onto his shoulders. He cast a nasty glare at them but didn't bother to drop any hisses or growls, his eyes were sharp.

"A friend told me I should respect elves and their wishes. I apologized that I haven't noticed that you were one," Xavier said, slightly dropping his hostile tone. He still had his fists clenched though the aura didn't expand any further. "My name is...Xavier Nerco. I am not from these parts and only came to visit the El Tree," he introduced himself to them, making a small gesture at the tree. "But... I guess something is out of place here."

ChibiSkye ChibiSkye Heavengiver Heavengiver

Lara walked towards the man to put some distance between her and the El Shard and answered: "I'm not looking to form any alliances with anyone. For this time, I will battle by your and your companions side when the demons show up."

Sensing the demons' presence, she glanced towards the source. If she used another enhancing spell, she would be dangerously close to losing control. Their position was uncertain, but now she was ready for them.

"You see something down there?" She said as she pointed in the direction where the demons seemed to be lurking.

"Either way, get ready." She consumed a part of the lingering poisonous aura the corpses of the bandits had created to fuel her energy back to its peak.

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 Fume Fume

"Aim...FIRE!" A volley of arrows tipped with small charge, were shot to the sky towards the enemies.

Once the arrows made contact on any surface, they detonated on the spot, creating a smokescreen.

"Defenders, shields up! Cover all points! Archers, don't let them take a second to breathe!" He ordered them while signaling Berthe to act.

With the arrows distracting them and making them get to cover, the beast was able to grab the crystal and started running away.

"Don't let the pressure fade! Keep going, even if your fingers start bleeding!"

MementoDei MementoDei NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Last edited:
Rena breathed a sigh of relief when the boy called back his pet lizard. She didn't want to seem too aggressive but she couldn't help but feel a bit cautious, considering the events happening around her. She lowered her bow and smiled apologetically at the boy.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Xavier. I'm sorry if I sounded a bit hostile. I guess I'm a bit tense from all this miasma and ... corpses."

She shivered and rubbed her arm as goosebumps popped up.

Am I... being affected by the miasma? Could it have something to do with the dark energy I sensed earlier in the day? But how could it have expanded its influence so quickly? It hasn't even been a day!

She realized that she had been standing around in a daze so she hurriedly responded.

"Yes... I feel traces of strong evil energy up on the treetop. One of our companions headed up there earlier so I'm a bit worried..."

Late Late Heavengiver Heavengiver

Last edited:
Rain
Even though the guy, Xavier, slightly drops his hostile aura, Rain still feels tense.

"Yes, I sense lots of death in the air. My name is Rain. A pleasure to meet you."

Her job as a healer requires that she be kind to people who may or may not be enemies. When it comes to death, everyone is equal.

Rena mentions something about her companion, but it seems the elf is struggling to fight the influence of the miasma. Just before Rain could ask the guy to come with them, she hears the firing of arrows and the roar of a great beast.

"Rena, go up now! I'm sorry, Xavier, but!"

Knowing that there was no time to explain, Rain grabs the wrist of Xavier and gently but frantically drags him up the tree.

ChibiSkye ChibiSkye Late Late

Ash
Ash seeing the volley of arrows raining down on them clicked his tongue. "Aspida..." With one single word, A shield formed in Ash's hand protecting himself and the girl from the volley. "Pólmos..." With his next thick heavy armor covered Ash's body, it's demonic design felt foreign to those from the human world. As the arrows landed, the cloud of smoke covered Ash's transformation. "Get the shard, I'll deal with the demons." He said in a deeper tone than his usual light voice. "After all, you seem faster."
MementoDei MementoDei Fume Fume

"You fool. I will not be able to get it back by myself." She mumbled as she nevertheless as she casted wind runes to the grounds to clear the heavy smoke for a short instant. Seeing the gigantic blue beast go away with the shard, she leapt towards it.

"Waters' shadow"

She wasn't sure if she would be able to cut the arm of the creature off, but it was worth to try and confuse her while she gave some support to the man who would face a whole squadron of demon soldiers.

Fume Fume NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

"Woah hey!" Xavier felt surprised that Rain grabbed his hand abruptly, being pulled from where he stood. He bit back a snarky remark as he noticed how frantic Rain was.

Komodo would've bitten the girl's hand if it weren't for the sudden jog that Xavier put himself into. Komodo dived back onto the hoodie to hang on tight. Xavier doesn't really like to be dragged into sudden situations but if they needed some sort of help from him, he won't complain. Though he felt the hair on the back of his neck rise from a beast-like roar.

'Can't be good..' he thought to himself as he briskly followed along.

Heavengiver Heavengiver

The distant explosions filled Rena's heart with panic about what may have happened to Ash. She nodded at Rain and headed up before them, running elegantly up the tree's trunk. She arrived at the top only to get lost within the thick smokescreen.

"Ash, are you ok?"

Coughing, she stopped wandering around and closed her eyes, focusing on sensing her surroundings by ear. A few volleys of arrows flew her way. With her eyes still closed, she flipped backwards into the air. The arrows hit the empty ground where she had been standing.

"Backflip Shot!"

She fired three arrows toward the direction the arrows came from and landed nimbly on her feet.

"This isn't the work of just a simple group of thieves..."

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 Fume Fume Heavengiver Heavengiver Late Late

Last edited:
Ash
Ash putting his shield down, conjured his ax slamming it down on the shields of the demons, shattering there shields, as one demon split in half, both halves falling down, "You've challenged the wrong opponent." slamming his ax down on demons, while shield bashing others Ash tried to find the commander of this group of demons.
Fume Fume MementoDei MementoDei

Recognizing Ash's voice, Rena ran toward the direction and saw that a demon was about to sneak attack him. She stood her ground and took careful aim.

"Rail Stinger!"

The magic infused arrow pierced through the demon and it fell to the ground. She quickly ran over to the man's side.

"I got your back."

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

As Berthe ran like hell, Dust noticed that he ran close to him, due to his right arm only being hanged by a small tissue of meat.

"One medic, on Berthe! Get that arm attached back ASAP! Shields, up front! Keep them raised! Focus fire on the warrior and keep an eye for that woman!" He ordered while keeping tabs on those stray arrows.

"Rookie! I've got the crystal!" Berthe contacted through his bracelet.

"Don't lose it! I've sent you a medic on your five! Take him with you and get that arm healed. And don't forget to pass through our portal, destroy it even!"

"What about you, brat?"

"We already have these pawns covering our asses, I'll be fine. I'll meet you halfway in Bethma."

"You better survive." He closed communication before a flow of ice covered his bracelet, before destroying itself.

"This was a suicide mission in and out, but I'm not kicking the bucket yet. Not when you two need me the most." His chains clanked together in agreement.

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 ChibiSkye ChibiSkye MementoDei MementoDei

Rain
"I'm terribly sorry for dragging you like this. I had a feeling time isn't on my side. Wait..."

She stops just below the layered smoke of the treetop.

"Oh no...if this is an assault, I'm not much help in there."

"Rain, you just can't do anything without my help."

The healer feels her conscious slip away, even as she desperately grabs for control.

Other Rain
Gaining control of her body is easy. She can't handle being in battle anyway.

Hearing the beast's stomps grow lighter and lighter, Rain gestures to the boy to cover his ears. Once ready, she summons three daggers and lets loose an unnatural shriek that coats her weapons in blood. She then flicks it in the directions of the footsteps.

"That better hit."

After letting Xavier know that she is finished, she climbs the tree again, gestures him to follow, and disappears into the smoke.

Late Late

Last edited:
Oblivio

He watched the battle from afar, spotting the blue beast that held the gem. Wondering whether to help, or not, would it cure his boredom?

The demons amassed like ants to him, fighting a meaningless battle of the decoy. Sighing against the cold air of the atmosphere, he summoned his drones to whirl around him in a calm frenzy. With one arm raised, he charged up an attack before shooting a dark turquoise laser. It bolted into the ground, preventing the blue beast (named, 'Berthe') from advancing forward.

"How easy...and how futile."

Hearing the mention of a medic and a rookie gave her an idea on the identity of the Chain man she had seen before. She wouldn't let that demon run or get healed by anyone. Now that she was far away from the group, she could unleash her full potential. The El might get a little corrupted, but it would be nothing the forest Elf couldn't fix.

"Mnemosyna" A dome of darkness immobilized the monster as the last seals were consumed. Berthe was still moving forward until a blue ray put it on the ground. Good. Now she could torment that beast to her heart's content.

"Well, well, would you look at that? An all-mighty demon at my mercy..."She chuckled as magical roots immobilized completely the demon.

"Have a taste of your own medicine, for once... Resiam style."

With those words, she began slicing the beast slowly, causing it the most pain possible.

Fume Fume K KizayaTaishuro

Oblivio

Without waiting for anything, he bolted up into the air with his Alternis bracelets jingling. Turquoise eyes stared down at the hard-fought battle as he went for the blue beast and ignored the rest. He could hardly be seen in his darkly coloured clothes and only the faint glow of Henir's darkness could be seen.

MementoDei MementoDei

Last edited:
"Alright. You two take care of yourselves. If you guys get even a little bit hurt, don't blame me if I lecture you guys non-stop after all this is over!"

Rena ran into the endless volley of arrows. Her footwork made her seem like she was almost dancing from the way she effortlessly dodged each arrow. As she got closer to the demon archers, she started to feel a strange nagging feeling within her chest. Thinking that it was due to the influence of the miasma, she shook the feeling off and took a great leap, twisting her body, she tapped the air and performed a double jump that landed her behind the archers. With a quick glare, she flipped into the air once again and unleashed a spherical tornado of arrows onto the demons.

"Aero Tornado!"

With the deed done, she landed on a tree branch and turned toward the remaining presence, whom she assumed was the mastermind behind the demon attack. Her eyes widened as she laid her eyes upon the young boy.

"Dust...?"

Fume Fume NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Ash
Fighting off the last few dozens of the demons Ash started speeding up his assault, throwing his ax then re-conjuring it multiple times, when pushed into a corner Ash channeled his mana. "Pain of Ares!" Unleashing a fiery explosion around himself the demons surrounding him flew back, the fire burning some to coal while others died from the impact of being sent flying.
ChibiSkye ChibiSkye Heavengiver Heavengiver Late Late MementoDei MementoDei Fume Fume

"What the-!?" Looking back, there was a dome where Berthe was heading. "Did he got caught already? Damn it all!" He then saw that the warrior was making his soldiers into mince meat with his attacks and brutal strength.

"Now what should I do? Hold the line until that guy gets to me, or spread them so that they can target us, one by one?" He thought to himself as he tried to formulate a plan. They needed the crystal, and coming empty handed meant a fitting punishment.

His chains clanked at him, telling him what he should do and to calm down.

"You're right... Shields and spear man! Half of you stay and kill that guy! Everyone else, spread out! Don't let them get to you and dispose any that come our way! Escape if nothing else works!" He ordered them, making the troops carry his words.

Hearing a voice calling out to him, on top of a branch was a forest elf, that seemed to recognize him.

"I'm guessing you're one of the enemies. I'm not bad of a fighter, but right now, my priorities are set. Lucky you." He then started to run towards the dome.

ChibiSkye ChibiSkye MementoDei MementoDei NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 K KizayaTaishuro

"Wait! Dust!"

Rena shook herself out of her trance and chased after the boy. A few demons blocked her path and she glared at them.

"Get out of my way! Rail Stinger!"

She didn't even wait for the demons to fall to the ground before running after Dust. She gathered the power of wind to aid her and jumped over the boy, landing on the ground in front of him.

"Stop, Dust! What are you doing? Why are you working with demons?"

Fume Fume

"Interesting," Xavier breathed out, watching Rain going off to climb up the tree.

Often Xavier forgets about how every single individual have a unique style. He couldn't help but to grin.

"Komodo, here," Xavier said as he reached into his pouch, taking out an el shard. The dragon crawled out and down to his arm, taking the small fragment in his mouth and eating it down. "Let's see what they need help with," he said as Komodo nodded his head, his size slightly expanding out and the scales starting to shift in a different color.

Xavier didn't bother to wait until the dragon's transformation was done, climbing up the tree with the help of his gloves as they still full of energy. It wasn't long that Komodo took flight, jumping off of Xavier so he can reach up to Rain with ease. The time he caught up, it felt like he stepped into a battle field. He immediately felt tensed, never in his life he stepped into such battle. Xavier was mostly used to handling single enemy or two, maybe three; his abilities were better off like that. Though there was a reason why he had Komodo with him.

"Right...Im just gonna wish myself some best of luck," Xavier mumbled to himself. With that, he slammed his gloves together in which they lit themselves on fire. "Rain, I don't know what exactly you dragged me into but I'll do my best to help out!"

Heavengiver Heavengiver

Mnemosyna's grasp had alerted her of new presences entering her dome. The first one was the unfortunate medic who died at the hands of the spell, giving her back precious life force to maintain her strength and the other, was a peculiar child she hadn't noticed in the surrounding area before.

"An invisible child... aren't you feeling a little tired?" She said as she smirked and put finished the lump of meat that was left from Berthe.

She threw her daggers up and caught them back. Her clothes were covered by her and the demons' blood, but the dark energy Berthe's corpse had liberated was like nothing she had felt before. Its power was deliciously intoxicating.

She had to try it out. She glanced at the child but the remains of her conscience took over and stopped her murderous impulses.

"I'm grateful to you to stop this beast down, so I'll let you live in exchange of a favour: Take that giant crystal with you. People depend on it"

She enhanced senses in her barrier made her able to detect another presence approaching her position. She chuckled: another demon was coming right into her trap.
K KizayaTaishuro Fume Fume

Other Rain
She reaches Ash, who is dressed in demonic armor and wielding a formidable axe. She can see the pile of dead, burnt demons around him and can only think of one thing.

"He's like war...personified."

Ignoring that thought in her head, she continues to feel her other self fighting for control. She knows the soft, caring, and well-meaning Rain has no place in the battlefield. Her insistence to regain control in such a place will only lead to the destruction of her innocence.

"Ash, I brought some help! Let me start repaying that debt of mine."

Taking a deep breath, she starts to sing of the ocean and the power that it has to protect the life it contains. Water particles wrap around the two boys and herself, along with Xavier's pet komodo, reinforcing their defenses.

"Now both of you, go crazy!"

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 Late Late

"Out my way!" He rushed forward and punched her twice, once on her face and the other on her body before tangling her with his chains and holstering her in the air. "Three Hit Brutal!" He shouted before slamming her on the floor hard.

"Soldiers, keep her busy! I'm getting that crystal!" He ordered before extending his chain to prepare a dash and grab of his own.

"No matter what, don't lose the crystal! If you can't get it safely with you... Use one of these." He thought to himself as he had a small dark device from the alchemist genius Joaquin.

With the crystal in sight, he was ready to execute his desperate plan.

ChibiSkye ChibiSkye MementoDei MementoDei K KizayaTaishuro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back