• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [Private] El Stories

Rain
Once Rain wakes up again, she heads to the place that the boy, Ash, had told her to go. Seeing that he and Rena weren't there, she started to scan the area. The poison pervading the area did bother her, but she must have gotten used to it since the intensity of the miasma isn't as strong as in Feita.

"I should check out the El Tree. It must be the reason Ruben hasn't been touched by the demons. But what about Rena and Ash? I should find them first."

Just as she was about to head out, a light quake shakes her feet. She performs a quick twirl to stabilize herself.

"Such power...Is something coming?"

She decides to investigate. Gliding over to the epicenter of the quake, she finds Ash standing over a recently buried hole. He looked distressed, but that doesn't stop her from approaching him.

"Ash," she calls out.

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

She was half-way to the location, a big tree, bigger than any other one around. She tried to remember its name, but her memories were sometimes foggy, a side effect of the demons' manipulation curse on her. She sent another golem and enhanced its travelling speed, even if that meant increasing a little its magical aura. Once it was back, she continued her way: that was the bandits' hideout. Night was coming to an end; she'd better hurry before they woke up.

Clean and swift kills, that was all that she needed to do after obtaining the information she needed.

She enhanced her speed and dashed towards her destination, taking her daggers firmly in her hands.

Ash
In the middle of investigating Ash could hear the voice of Rain calling out to him, turning his head in her direction Ash waved at her. "You must've come because of the quake right? I did too." Ash said a clean lie to Rain, he didn't want anyone, not now to learn of his strengths. "When I got here I found these corpses."

Rain
When he mentioned corpses to her, she feels her heart break a little. It hurts to see dead people, animals, anything. Even though she was gifted with her powers, she also knows that death comes for everything. Rain gives a small nod.

"I see. I hope they rest in peace."

Bending down to the makeshift grave, Rain sings a short but hollow elegy in a language she knows no one understands. Once she has finished, Rain then brings up the topic of the earthquake.

"That quake earlier is pretty powerful. I think we should head to the El Tree as soon as possible...well, as soon as we find Rena."

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Rena awoke with a jolt. Something was wrong. In fact, she should have suspected it a while ago, as the feeling did not just appear. Earlier, she had sense the presence of a fire starting somewhere. But after a quick scan from the treetop, she had seen no smoke. In her half asleep state, she determined that she was tired and imagining things but when the screams ran out, she knew something was wrong.

The spirits of the forest flew around her, crying to her for help. They had been trying to wake the elf for a long time but she hadn't budge until now. A thick miasma lingered in the air. Forest spirits were dying each second as the miasma continued to spread. Rena could feel the pain of the forest as clearly as if it were hers. She couldn't even begin to scold herself for sleeping through the event.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Please, tell me where the miasma is coming from. I will get rid of it."

She didn't spare a single second and immediately headed toward the direction the spirits pointed out. As she leaped gracefully through the treetops, she heard a loud noise. It was the sound of the earth being struck. She made a split second decision to switch her direction.

She arrived just in time to heard a familiar voice. Glancing at the corpses in shock, she hesitated a bit as she felt sick from the sight of the burnt bodies. After a few seconds to clear her mind, she jumped down.

"I'm here."

Heavengiver Heavengiver NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Ash
Ash shaked his head, "I suspect some people but the aftermath was done by a demon class. the corpses where frozen after being burnt." Ash pointed at some parts of the ground where ice cold, "From what i can tell its 4am, this incident happened around midnight, and the icing around an hour later."
ChibiSkye ChibiSkye Heavengiver Heavengiver

Last edited:
Dawn was rising, but Lara was finally at her destination. Two masked scouts were at the entrance: a laughable surveillance squad. She walked behind them and sliced their throats. The corpses fell heavily on the dry leaves, staining the yellow and beige palette of the forest depths with a bright crimson.

Their deaths had liberated more impure energy into the air, she felt her power grow as the area around the corpses rotted away at an alarming speed. Lara paid little attention to that and continued her way into the tree's depths, she had to find the chief quickly, but summoning another golem would take too much time or make her use one of the seal's energy; an unnecessary price. She leapt towards the top of the tree, as dawn touched her cloak and slowly began to reveal her presence to her enemies.

A volley of arrows was fired at her direction, interrupting her leap and pinning her to the ground. A group of ten bandits surrounded her quickly.

"We killed her, boss." one of them said.

"We need to move out, quickly. She might have been a scout." Banthus answered.

Lara swiftly got up and, after throwing one of her daggers to one of the bandit's eyes, sent a wave of wind that pushed the rest of them back.

"These are normal weapons, what a relief." she murmured as her regeneration pulled out the seven arrows that had pierced her head, chest and legs.

Rain
After Rena jumps down from nowhere, Rain almost got a heart attack. She nearly threw a petal-shaped dagger in her direction, but she stopped herself at the last second. Assaulting her teammate, even in self-defense, would not sit well with the both of them.

"Welcome back, Rena. You don't look too well."

Indeed, she didn't. The elf tried her best to stay composed, but she carried around the look of an apologetic child. Rain can tell instantly, as it has marred her own face for some time as well.

"We should go now. Umm...can you guys lead the way? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the surroundings."

ChibiSkye ChibiSkye NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Ash
Ash nods his head, but at that same moment he feels a death further up ahead, "Oh...The Miasma it's sending shivers down my spine..." A small smirk formed on Ash's face, the god of war inside of him was acting up and the lust for battle was slowly growing. "We need to move fast, people are being killed by some unknown force, from what I can tell it's different from these men but similar."

Last edited:
"I'm fine. Thank you for your concern."

Rena observed the reactions of Ash and Rain. To her surprise, the two of them seemed maintained a calm demeanor, despite how young they looked. She wondered what the two mysterious individuals could have gone through to be able to deal with brutal deaths like these with a straight face.

A worried expression dotted her face when she heard about the deaths continuing. Before she could respond, however, a group of spirits suddenly flew out in front of her. They waved their arms around frantically, gesturing toward multiple directions.

"The spirits spotted a dark elf and a man wielding chains. Both emit strong dark energy. I suspect that one of the two is responsible for this miasma. What should we do, Ash?"

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 Heavengiver Heavengiver

"There it is."

The Tree of El. It was glorious up close and Xavier let out a whistle at the size of the trunk. He was definitely impressed, admiring the beauty. He felt his hoodie shifting around and it wasn't long that his small dragon companion poked his head out to gaze at the tree before them. Both of them were rather pleased.

"You think the El is in there?" Xavier asked. "Cornelius mentioned something about the El is weakening. Not sure what he meant by that," he mumbled. The two stared at the tree longer, Xavier's thoughts scrambling about as Komodo started to check their surrounds to make sure of no danger was near by. Xavier wasn't sure why Komodo was so restless but he did start to notice a strange feeling? He wasn't sure. Komodo's behavior started to affect on Xavier, making the teen petting the small dragon. "How about we take a look? Maybe you'll feel better after then," Xavier said to his friend, who merely flicked out his tongue.

Ash
Ash tightened his gloves, "The man with the chains didn't cause this, he's long gone. The cause was a small group of beasts, I saw them flee with my own eyes." Ash said as he started running. "Come on, follow me! I feel a demonic presence up ahead!" Ash along the way explained to Rain and Rena what he saw, then he stopped in front of the Tree of El, seeing the corpses of thieves once more. An unknown anger flowed through Ash's body as his powered fist slammed against the massive trees bark causing a light quake once again like before when he made a hole for the dead.

Rain
When Ash slammed his fist into the ground and caused it to wail, she instantly recognized the power signature.

"So it was him that caused that shake. Why would he lie though?"

Rain lets it go and instead, she turns her attention to honoring the dead corpses with the same haunting song she had just sung a few moments ago. The tree seems to shake with her song, as if it's crying. As the soft notes floats in the air, she hears footsteps coming her way. Rain stops her elegy midway and summons a few of her daggers. She calls out in a tense voice.

"Who's there?"

ChibiSkye ChibiSkye NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 Late Late

She had finished the nine bandits in less than three strikes, none of them had been able to wound her when she activated Mnemosyna. Only the terrified Leader remained.

"Where is the El Shard?" She coldly asked.

"I'll tell you, I'll tell you! Just let me live!" Banthus shrieked.

Lara repeated her question as she put a mind-numbing runic curse over the bandit's head in order to retrieve the El.

"You're even more useless than your subordinates. Out of my sight." She stated as she kicked the heavy body of the bandit out of the tree, making it fall through the forest's lower trees. Unfortunately, the impact killed him instantly, but his body remained hanged by a strong branch of a tree.

Lara continued her way toward the top of the tree, where a small sanctuary held a enormous El Shard. It had not bee corrupted yet, Lara felt her senses dull again. Thankfully, it wasn't all that powerful either.

The ground beneath the demons shook once more, despite their destination being close.

"That's the second quake... Something behind us did it, and I'm not talking about that ancient Phoru." Dust thought to himself as he assessed the situation.

"Berthe, we might have company soon and I'm not talking about the thieves." He voiced his concerns to his commander.

"Hmm... I agree. Those shocks weren't natural and there's no way that guardian could've done them." The wolf growled as he didn't like how the situation changed.

"Still, continue forward! Our goal is close! Lay down traps behind us, use both frost and plague." He ordered them with a snarl to them.

"Yes, Sir!" The entourage started spreading and hiding small traps inside bushes and in the dirt.

"Sir, we might need an escape route if things get too hot."
The rookie proposed while siding with the beast.

"Agreed. Look for one with that map, the last thing we want is wasting pawns for nothing."

Rena immediately nodded and followed after Ash. For some reason, she felt that she could trust this human. She knows that he wasn't a normal mortal from the way he carried himself and the fact that he was able to sense the El's energy. But perhaps he wasn't aware that what he was sensing was the El's energy. No, she was sure that this man knew more than he revealed. Yet that didn't stop her from trusting in his instincts.

They soon arrived at the base of the large tree called 'Tree of El.' The scene that welcomed them was like a repeat of the one they had just left. A loud sound caused Rena to jump. She stared at the hole in the tree's trunk in shock.

Did he make this hole? ... Then the noise from earlier was also...

"Ash, you..."

She shook her head. This was no time to question her companions. Sensing Rain tense beside her, she summoned her bow and took a battle stance. Whatever happens, she would make sure that nothing happens to these two children.

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 Heavengiver Heavengiver Late Late

Ash
He raised a hand as from up above a body fell down from atop of the tree, and landed in front of them.
"He's dead..I seen him on the board, he was a wanted bandit leader." Ash then felt a tingle down his spine. "Someone's trying to take break into the tree's defenses...someone's trying to take the el shard." Ash mumbled as he turned around and looked at Rena and Rain. Biting his bottom lip Ash looked back at the Tree of El and jumped with all his might up the branches. "I can't let them take another one."
ChibiSkye ChibiSkye Heavengiver Heavengiver MementoDei MementoDei

Last edited:
Lara realized her gesture might have given her presence away, and enhanced momentarily her senses and heard the muffled voice of the warrior with the blessed armour underneath her position. This would get troublesome, but her mission here was over. She had stopped the bandits from stealing the El. Carrying it to where it was most needed would have been an act of madness, there was still more shards to save.

Just as she was going to jump out of the tree, she sensed an impressive amount of demonic energy approach.

She cleaned the blood on her daggers and put herself in front of the shard, waiting for the demons to show themselves.

This time, they would pay.

Fume Fume

Last edited:
"Huh?" Xavier felt the earth rumbled below him and he gasped slightly, trying to not fall over from the sudden quake. "Now where did that came from...?" He asked to no one in particular.

Though Komodo started to hiss as if he was sensing danger close by. It wasn't long that Xavier noticed a couple of individuals close by and from the looks of it, they noticed him too. He at first wasn't sure if they're enemies or not, giving cautious looks. Already he felt threatened from noticing the daggers.

"Who are you guys?" Xavier asked, narrowing his eyes. He tightened his fists in which build up a slight green aura as Komodo growled low at the three, hopping off of Xavier to take a stance in front of him, opening up his wings and leaning down to the ground as if he would lunge if they show any signs of an attack.

ChibiSkye ChibiSkye Heavengiver Heavengiver NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Ash
Reaching the top of the Tree of El Ash sees the shard in the hands of a strange young lady. "Child...hand over the El shard, you don't understand what troubles could happen if you take it away from this tree.." Ash was ready for anything if a fight suddenly broke out.
MementoDei MementoDei

Last edited:
"That's our line. Shouldn't you introduce yourself before asking about us?"

Rena glanced worriedly after Ash. The boy had suddenly ran off and before she could react, another strange human appeared before them with a... pet lizard of some sort. She gripped her bow tightly and watched the boy carefully to see if he held any ill intentions toward them.

Late Late Heavengiver Heavengiver

Lara looked at the young man that appeared at her right. She rolled her eyes. "Is my presence dulling your senses? You're weaker than I thought, Mr. Ash. I'm not the one who's looking to steal this gem."

She scanned the surrounding area with her eyes, enhancing them with some rune magic as she discovered the El's energy was slowly blinding her. The demons would appear at any minute, and she wouldn't allow them to take the El.

NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029 Fume Fume

Rain
Rain sees a guy with a small dragon (komodo, as she recalls from her time in Bethma) walk out with a guarded expression. The komodo leaps out and goes into an offensive stance, and Rain shivers when she eyes the green glow on his fists. Rena demanded to know who the stranger is, and Rain follows suit.

"I am merely a person honoring the dead. Who are you?"

Beside her, Rena looks up, seemingly worried about Ash. Rain desires to defuse the situation as to not cause any bloodshed without good intentions. She lets her daggers evaporate and gives a light curtsy.

ChibiSkye ChibiSkye Late Late

Ash
Ash looked at her, listening to what she was saying he put aside the matter of his god of war rage building up and felt the presence of demon soldiers. "Battle dulls my senses, this...body is too young to really adapt to my abilities again." Ash said as he walked up to the girl, "But are you friend or foe?"
MementoDei MementoDei

"Halt." The rookie ordered towards their forces and climbed over Berthe's shoulder. He could see the crystal, but there were two more people. "Two people. Male and female.

"Easy fry, why even bother to deal with them?" He growled back at Dust, but he then saw his eyes and how his chains floated and clanked.

"Their different from the thieves. We'll lose all of our pawns, if we are careless." Caution took over and his friends warned him so.

"What do you think we should do, rookie?" The wolf asked, waiting for advice.

"We have the element of surprise, and with your speed, we could do a snatch and dash. Using our forces to distract them enough and and utilizing our former traps as cover. That's the most efficient way of us doing it." He explained while lowering down and ordered the force to spread out while being in eyesight. "I'll stay, just take the El back and call for backup."

"Heh, a good plan-"

"Fail to do it, then we'll do plan B on Feita. I'll try to keep them at bay as much as possible. Just don't screw up, for Ran's sake."

"You don't have to tell me twice, brat."
He growled as he went for higher ground, waiting for the signal of Dust.

MementoDei MementoDei NinthSomnus9029 NinthSomnus9029

Users who are viewing this thread

Back