• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

pretty girl who stabbed him / cute guy who shot her

Aria startled awake at his touch, instinctively throwing a punch at the source of the movement, feeling the hit connect fairly solidly before her brain finished waking itself up and she realized what was happening. She cursed under her breath, putting her hands up in surrender and pulling away. "Oh, no- I'm so sorry, did I hurt you? Oh, god, sorry, sorry, I didn't- I wasn't- I- Are you okay? I didn't mean to, please tell me I didn't just punch you in the face. I'm so, so, so sorry."

Kloude sat back and rubbed his jaw, frowning at Aria. "It's fine, you have surprisingly good aim for someone half asleep. You're going to do that every time I wake you, aren't you?

Aria hesitated, not wanting to admit that, yes, if he was going to wake her up by shaking her, she probably would punch him every time. "... I did say you should just flick the lights on when you needed to wake me up. From across the room."

"I'll keep that in mind," Kloude said, still rubbing his jaw. "Let's move you to an actual bed."

Aria winced slightly, mumbling another "Sorry," as she went to stand up. She stretched slightly, blinking a few times- she may have just jolted awake, but she was still pretty exhausted -and allowed Kloude to lead her over to the spare bedroom. "There any chance I can borrow a t-shirt or something for the night?"

Kloude ducked into his room to fetch her a shirt, leaning against the door frame as he handed it to her. "You'll be alright, then?"

Aria gave a thumbs up, already slowly closing the door so she could actually change out of her clothes and into something that would at least cover her body. So what if it was way too big? She just couldn't let Kloude see her, at all, until she'd changed back into her real clothes in the morning. This was definitely a feasible plan. With a sigh, she slid under the covers, tugging them up to try and cover as much of her body and she could before she let herself drift off into sleep.

The rest of the night passed quietly, Kloude checking in every two hours to be sure Aria hadn't died in her sleep. He didn't make the mistake of touching her again, just turning the light on. He didn't feel rested at all when morning came, but at least she was alive.

"Hey," he said quietly, turning the light on again. "You want some breakfast?"

Aria jerked awake again, for what felt like the hundredth time that night (although she knew, realistically, it couldn't have been more than the third or fourth). She blinked at Kloude, her brain taking an extra moment to actually process what he asked her, before she nodded her assent, yawning. "I- Yeah, sounds nice. What time is it?" She rubbed some of the sleep from her eyes, letting the blanket fall to her lap.

Aria grimaced when she heard how late it was. Still, not much she could do about it now. "Feeling better. Head still hurts a bit, but it's not that bad." Aria started to push the covers off before she remembered she was most decidedly not wearing pants. "Uh- What's for breakfast?"

"Uh, cereal? I can probably throw together an omelette if you want," Kloude said, "I might have bacon?"

Aria waved the other suggestions off, she didn't want him to have to expend any actual effort. Bad enough that he'd spent most of his night making sure she wasn't dying, even if that concern was unfounded. "Cereal's fine, thanks."

Kloude nodded, and left for the kitchen. He chatted quietly to Nyx as he poured them cereal.

Aria sighed in relief, quickly changing back into her normal clothes before following him out to the kitchen. She hummed softly when she saw Nyx there, automatically reaching down to give the dog a scratch behind the ears. " 'M sorry about. All this. Last night. That was... Remarkably nice of you to do. Thanks."

Kloude shrugged, pushing a bowl across the bench toward her. "No decent person would just leave someone like that. Besides, I did shoot you. I felt like I owed you one."

Aria accepted the bowl of cereal, although she raised an eyebrow at his comment about decency. Where had he grown up that he genuinely believed that? "Most decent people ignore worse things every day, because it'd be inconvenient to deal with."

"I think we have a very different definition of decent," Kloude said, poking at his cereal with a frown. "Would you leave someone?"

Aria frowned at the question, dropping her head to stare at her cereal as she stirred it. "...That's besides the point. We were talking about decent people."

"That's what I'm talking about. You're the first person to stab me who actually offered help after, Sounds like a decent person to me, so- would you?" Kloude asked.

Aria's frown deepened. "... No. Probably not. But that's not the point. I don't count. I'm not..." She waved her hand, trying to come up with the right words. "Why does me not leaving you to die equate to me being a decent person?"

Aria let out a breath of laughter at that, shaking her head. "That... is an exceedingly low bar, Glacie." With that, she started on her own cereal.

They ate in silence, Kloude watching the clock to avoid staring at Aria. "So," he said, turning away to put his bowl in the sink, "I'm about to walk Nyx, if you don't have to head off right away."

Aria raised an eyebrow at the implied question. "If I don't- Are you trying to ask me if I want to walk Nyx with you?" It was definitely either that, or he was asking if she wanted to just hang out at his apartment while he was out, which she figured was highly unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back