• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings pretty basic action-adventure with cute fluff <3 (closed for now)

Antimony

knife prty
Howdy! I'm searching for a partner or two for some cute fluff/action-adventure hybrid plots. (Some ideas are intended for a slice-of-life structure; others can be played as more goal-oriented plots.) Despite my short history on RPN, I have roleplayed on different forums for over 4 years, and I hope we can write something fun together!

About Me
| | I'm 25, so I prefer to only play with people 18 or older.​
| | Before I commit to a roleplay with you, I'd like to exchange character bios, and expand on the plot and pair(s) we intend to RP.​
| | In roleplay, my writing style is best described as semi-detailed, adaptable, and if we're being honest, sometimes too flowery or dramatic. I normally write 2-4 paragraphs per character, though I write more if I'm setting a scene or controlling a lot of NPCs. I will provide a writing sample upon request.​
| | I can play romantic pairings, but I'm just as happy writing friends, siblings, mentor/students, or other platonic pairs. I am happy to write M/F, F/F, or M/M. That said, I'm most comfortable playing female characters.​
| | Also, I enjoy playing multiple protagonists! I can play two OCs, or if canon/OC is your jam, double for you (see below).​
I work irregular hours, so I usually cannot reply to you immediately. That said, I always check messages at the end of the day, and I try to get at least one good in-character post per day. (Usually a few posts per day - one per day is my preferred minimum. I'll let you know if I need to disappear for more than a day or two.)​

Fandoms
I am familiar with these fandoms enough to play some canon characters:
Boku no Hero Academia
RWBY (Volume 1 and 2 vibes please)
Houkai 3rd

I am familiar with these fandoms' worlds, but unable to play canon characters:
Genshin Impact
Naruto

Original Worlds
If none of these fandoms strike your fancy, I'm happy to put down the foundations of an original world with you, with a similar action/shounen flavor! Just bring your own plot, or at least your own OCs.

Plotting
I'm after a plot that focuses on characters getting to know one another and building a relationship in slice-of-life scenes punctuated by some good fights. This includes 'stereotypical' plots like hero school/combat school RPs, but I also had the idea of an RP set at a "combat summer camp" for heroes (Huntsmen, etc) in training.

I love scenarios where two formerly-close characters had a long and bitter estrangement, but a common enemy or circumstance has forced them to work together, and they reach a point where they can forgive one another.

Finally, I've always had a soft spot for isekai plots that trap the characters in an MMORPG, and would be down to discuss details.

Specific Plots
These two plots are not necessarily slice-of-life; I'm down to play them epic and quest-oriented as well.

General scenario that we can adapt for a different setting.

"I killed someone yesterday," Muse A said, trembling inside Muse B's room. Muse A explained how and why, and how they didn't think they could stay in this kingdom anymore. They told Muse B that they were running somewhere far away - to atone, to escape punishment, to die, anything but stay here. Muse B insisted on coming with them. They were happy to leave this kingdom behind, there was somewhere they'd wanted to go for a while, and who better to travel with than their confidant Muse B? The two packed their weapons, some money, and any other essentials they could carry, and took a train out of Vale to start a new life.

I deliberately left this plot with a lot of blanks we can fill in together, based on the characters involved. Where are our Muses going? Who did Muse A kill, and why? Why is Muse B willing to leave everything behind for them? Send me a character or a pairing and we'll talk about it! (I have no preference for Muse A or Muse B, so pick whichever role you like.)

The stereotypical RWBY RP: our protagonists enroll in Beacon (or a different combat school) and bond with one another between extracurricular fights against mysterious evil factions. I do have a soft spot for school RPs, as well as the closer team dynamics present in the first two volumes of RWBY. As long as we use antagonists to create action and plot alongside the fun fluff and developing relationships, I would love to play this.

I'm good with carrying out a longer school arc, or leaving the school behind early. Just be aware that I'd rather not write our characters into the fight against Salem, or copy the plot of Volumes 4-8 - I'd rather make a different quest with an original antagonist.

If you're here for canon/oc pairings, assume our RP starts during Team RWBY's first year at Beacon, during Volume 1 or 2.

Doubling
If you're here for canon/oc, I'm willing to play any of these characters for you:
Blake Belladonna
Emerald Sustrai
Lie Ren
Mercury Black
Neo
Pyrrha Nikos
Velvet Scarlatina
Yang Xiao Long

In return, I'd love if you could play for me:
Blake Belladonna
Mercury Black
Neo
Pyrrha Nikos
Roman Torchwick
Sun Wukong
Weiss Schnee
Yang Xiao Long

I'm most interested in roleplay that has the lighthearted tone and ~aesthetic~ of Volume 1 and Volume 2. I'm not seeking a plot with the darker tone of Volume 3 and subsequent volumes.
If you're here for canon/oc, I'm willing to play any of these characters for you:
Kyouka Jirou
Mina Ashido

I don't have a strong preference about who you double as. I just really like those two!

Please bear in mind that I've only completed Season 4 of the anime, and am still catching up on Season 5.
If you're here for canon/oc, I am willing to play most any of the characters for you. In return, I'd love if you could play Black Gold Saw or STRength. (Please forgive the lack of stars in the titles; they kept turning into emojis and it looked silly that way.)
Also called Honkai Impact 3rd or Benghuai 3.

Kiana Kaslana
Mei Raiden
Fu Hua
Herrscher of Sentience
Yae Sakura
Kallen Kaslana

In return, I'd love if you could play for me:
Durandal
Rita Rossweisse
Yae Sakura
Kallen Kaslana
Herrscher of Sentience

I appreciate you taking the time to read my search. This thread may be updated with new scenarios later, so stay tuned. If a plot has caught your eye, hit me up!

Last edited:
Are you familiar with Fruits Basket? That one ticks ALL my SoL and Romance boxes!
Passingly. I do understand it doesn't really have an action/combat component. I am seeking action in addition to cute fluff, not pure slice-of-life, and will edit the title of this post to reflect that.

I'd be interested in a Naruto rp! I only use OCs, how you don't mind!

I'd be interested in a Naruto rp! I only use OCs, how you don't mind!
Hi! This is an old thread that I forgot I'd marked "open", and not everything in it is up to date. I will not be taking on your partnership at this time. Best of luck in your RP pursuits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back