• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Prepare to Die

Ellie the Knight

Destined for Greatness

Untitled_zpsysh9gaz7.png

"I, knight of the blue. Do solemnly swear to protect those who can not protect themselves. I, knight of the blue. Do solemnly swear to help those in distress. I, knight of the blue. Do solemnly swear, that I am prepared to die for my cause. I, knight of blue. Do solemnly swear that I will fulfill my duty to myself, my people, and my kingdom."

This, is the creed that every knight of Tha' must take.

In the land of Tha', a menace lies around every corner. Monsters? No.. Demons? Close, but still.. No. What the people both rich and poor fear, are the creatures of shadow. Little is known about this enemy, other than they one day appeared from a dark abyss in the center the capital which is now over run by darkness, and no survivors. Though some say that these 'beings' have strange and seemingly demonic powers. Including the ability to drive one insane, and rip their will from their mind. Taking over their body.

It's up to you! An order of knights known as the 'Knights of Blue'. An order of Brothers and Sisters dedicated to protecting the kingdoms of Tha', and their homes. To find out what happened and take back your home! Your mission from the lord commander is to travel to the neighboring kingdom of Phi' and gather information on the situation. You will gather in the courtyard at dawn to meet the rest of your party. What kind of wonders will you see? What kind of devastation will you observe? Gather your equipment, and pack lots of snacks, because its bound to be one long journey...

Knights of the blue live by strict codes of honor, integrity, and loyalty.

(All of these rules are theoretic, and can be broken. Though, you risk being caught and executed by the lord commander! Tread carefully you star-crossed lovers..)​

• They are loyal to their cause alone, and no one else. Meaning they cannot love, or feel more for another. One risks execution if they fall in love with another brother or sister.
  • They cannot retreat. Once a knight if you find yourself in combat, you either win, or die. It's kill or be killed.
  • They cannot leave a brother or sister behind during combat.
  • They cannot harm an innocent.
  • They cannot use their blade for personal vendetta.
  • They cannot harm another knight of blue.
  • They cannot abandon their mission.
  • (More codes may be posted as I think of them.)

This is also going to be a turned based roleplay. Because we are going to all be together throughout it. I also want to make sure we don't leave someone behind. Most of us are in different time zones, so If someone goes to bed, I don't want them to wake up and see 2 pages worth of posts to read through.

(My old rule sucked, so I'm changing it after being enlightened.)

Basically after your post you must wait for two other people to post before you can post again.

EX:

GM posts scenario

Player 1 posts

GM reacts to player 1's actions

Player 2

GM

Player 3

GM

Player 4

GM

Then back to Player 1

Say player 1 has not posted for some time, player 2 can post because two players have posted sense their turn. Then, once player 1 is able to post, they can re-enter the fray.

*The gamemaster can post out of this order. This way they can create events as well as mix things up. This also may occur in battle to control monsters.​

Posting rules: (I hate rules, they make me sound bossy, but to keep this running smoothly we need them.)

-There is no posting limit, just try to avoid one liners. I understand that it can be hard to think of things to type sometimes.

-Please be courteous of other players and don't skip time, turns, or progress the story. Only the GM can do that. This also kinda goes into the post turns. Try not to leave someone in the dust if they haven't posted for a while.

-No GodModding! I won't hesitate to kick someone from the RP for using Excalibur and killing a army or something. (I swear I'm not mean! (:3))

RP Rules:

Based off the nature of the RP, there will be blood. But please try to keep it PG-13. Don't be

gruesome.

Keep swearing to a minimum. I myself love to swear, but there are young ones on here.

Fade to black (Obviously)

This is the first RP I have ever created! So please feel free to add comments and suggestions! This isn't concrete just an idea.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very interested in this, but the only drawback I see is having a posting time of a single hour...? To be honest, I usually spend that much time writing a quality post, then spend more time editing and adjusting it to make sure there are no errors, etc. as well as the fact that many people have busy lives outside of RPN (or maybe just myself, I don't know xD ), having to follow it like a schedule is rather strict, don't you think? I understand not wanting to make the rest of the group wait on a player who is taking their time, but perhaps a simpler solution of having players respond to the scenario at hand after, say, two other players have written something, that way you ensure that no one is taking all of the spotlight, but it's not dependent on a real-world timetable to keep track of. Simply my two cents, you can take them into consideration or discard them as you wish, but I'd be hesitant to join under the current rule, and though I'm still interested, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one pushed away by such a clause.

Stickdom said:
I'm very interested in this, but the only drawback I see is having a posting time of a single hour...? To be honest, I usually spend that much time writing a quality post, then spend more time editing and adjusting it to make sure there are no errors, etc. as well as the fact that many people have busy lives outside of RPN (or maybe just myself, I don't know xD ), having to follow it like a schedule is rather strict, don't you think? I understand not wanting to make the rest of the group wait on a player who is taking their time, but perhaps a simpler solution of having players respond to the scenario at hand after, say, two other players have written something, that way you ensure that no one is taking all of the spotlight, but it's not dependent on a real-world timetable to keep track of. Simply my two cents, you can take them into consideration or discard them as you wish, but I'd be hesitant to join under the current rule, and though I'm still interested, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one pushed away by such a clause.
That is actually a way better idea than mine xD I'm totally using that. So basically your saying you cannot post again until 2 people before you do right?

Yeah, for example:

GM posts scenario

Player 1 posts

Player 2

GM

Player 3

GM

Player 4

GM

Player 1 has been absent for some time, but it's been two players since player 2 has gone and they take their turn now instead, bypassing the previous order.

So, that was kinda long way around it, but that's a simple as it gets, really. Is that what you had in mind?

Stickdom said:
Yeah, for example:
GM posts scenario

Player 1 posts

Player 2

GM

Player 3

GM

Player 4

GM

Player 1 has been absent for some time, but it's been two players since player 2 has gone and they take their turn now instead, bypassing the previous order.

So, that was kinda long way around it, but that's a simple as it gets, really. Is that what you had in mind?
Yes! That's great! I'll edit the post to reflect that.

Or, another thought, sometimes having characters build off of each other, like saying in the OOC "hey, player 1 did something cool, I have a 'combo' that happens at the same time to add onto it before you post the results, GM!" Then they post their add-on and you can reply to both of them at the same time if they make sense together, or still make two separate replies if they are somehow not as connected as they thought. That would still count for two players having gone, but cuts down on you having to reply to every post individually, effectively cutting the post amount in half in some cases :)

EDIT: I may be getting too complicated here (I do so relish over-complicated systems, one of my "faults", per se), this may not be necessary, but it could take some of the load off of you to reply to each post individually.

Stickdom said:
Or, another thought, sometimes having characters build off of each other, like saying in the OOC "hey, player 1 did something cool, I have a 'combo' that happens at the same time to add onto it before you post the results, GM!" Then they post their add-on and you can reply to both of them at the same time if they make sense together, or still make two separate replies if they are somehow not as connected as they thought. That would still count for two players having gone, but cuts down on you having to reply to every post individually, effectively cutting the post amount in half in some cases :)
EDIT: I may be getting too complicated here (I do so relish over-complicated systems, one of my "faults", per se), this may not be necessary, but it could take some of the load off of you to reply to each post individually.
Oh yeah cool! It might also make sense to do this. Say all players post a reply, then the GM reply's to all their reply's before they can post again?. So..

GM posts scenario

Player 1

Player 2

Player 3

Player 4

(Order doesn't matter)

Before players can reply again GM posts results and reactions

Repeat.

Honestly, this looks amazing. Make sure to alert me if/when you make this.

Also, we have to organize at least one c-c-c-combo with every knight getting a hit in.

I love the subtle Dark Souls references in the settings (Dark Souls has been my obsession for about three months now, like you have no idea xD ) I was actually meaning to make my own RP based off of an altered DS environment, maybe I could find a way to subtly squeeze them into here xD

I? Nay, I am but a humble bard, gatherer of tales and squanderer of time. I travel far for little gain, or gain the world in a few foot-steps. If knowledge is power, I am like a king, and my kingdom is the minds of those who harken to my playing, each one a duke of his own castle, but I collect the annual tithes on their thoughts. A bed for the night here, a crust of bread there, I lay no claim to any land, for all the world is mine.

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/Hey+I'm uncultured+scroll+back+up+and+keep+reading+like+a+_5304ec8770e0a0bf35eac7e885c8721c.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back