• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers Divine Knights

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Mellany wasn't against Chloe agreeing with her, but she didn't quite like it. It was difficult to dislike someone when you seemed to see eye to eye a lot... and had some of the same interests. Hell, the kid was a cheerleader in the high school she used to attend... But she had never joined the cheer squad, really... Just for a brief moment, only to figure out she couldn't squeeze cheerleading in her schedule with the competitive gymnastics and archery lessons... Why had her parents make her take all of these training related things when they knew she would be a mage through heritage? Mellany sighed. She probably wasn't going to figure that out. Unless somehow those things would become clear... how though? Her parents where nowhere around and she was busy retraining herself as a mage.
"I suppose you could say today's victory was... divine, huh?" Mellany grinned. Where are the sunglasses when you need them? She as well as Raijah were relieved to hear Peter's head had stopped hurting badly, and that it probably meant the danger had passed. For now.

"We'll make sure Alexander's death wasn't in vain, Peter. I promise," Mellany said. She cared for Peter like a younger brother. He and Raijah were the first, and so far only, people here she actually liked. Of course it stung that his father was murdered, Mellany could only imagine how terrible Peter must feel... and there was little they could do to make him feel better right now. They could just be there for him, fight, make Alexander proud... and above all: defeat Dumanax.
"Alexander still here. Watching over us," Raijah said. "But he also here," he put a hand over his heart and lightly tapped Peter's chest too. Raijah knew Alexander still lived in Peter's heart. In the hearts of all who got to know the man. That's what the Oathkeeper Tribe believe anyway.
"That's... beautifully put, Raijah," Mellany smiled at her friend. Cue "He Lives in You" from the Lion King here. Still, the thought was very nice.
"We'll fight," Raijah said, nodding. He was ready to defend the world that he knew... and the one he didn't know too well yet, from Dumanax' evil.
"And we're never going to back down," Mellany filed up on what he said.

As Peter remembered something, Mellany and Raijah followed suit with leaving the helmets on the table and heading outside.
"Raijah wants to know too," Raijah said as Braxton asked about demorphing. He looked down at his feet, still in the boots. He really just preferred walking around barefoot. Especially outside around the farm. He liked the feeling of grass tickling his feet, and mud between his toes.
"I don't suppose there's a zipper on here somewhere?" Mellany asked, glancing over her shoulder, trying to get a look at the back of the suit. It was nice it made them all feel so energized, but she too wouldn't mind wandering around in her normal clothes again by now. Once outside, Raijah and Mellany were pleasantly surprised to see who were waiting for them there. The Mounts! They till lived! Sure, it would have taken more than a fire to deal with these lovely majestic creatures. Deer scratched the ground with its hoof and bowed its head, allowing Mellany to touch and gently pet the nose. "Hey there," she said softly to the Mount. Maybe it was just because it had been standing across of her, maybe it was the way the creature bowed its head, but she felt connected to it.
"BEAR!" Raijah happily greeted the Mount across of him. Don't get him wrong, he likes all mounts a lot... but Bear is super nice because he actually likes cuddles and belly rubs. Bear got to its hind legs, roaring. Raijah stepped forward without hesitation and affectionately rubbed Bear's belly... which caused the bear to fall backwards into the grass.
"Good news indeed," Mellany said, watching the mounts with a small smile.

"Okay first of all, Mel...please never make that punk again. Second, how to demorph? Well that is simple. You just have to...hmm. Ya know, guys, I actually don't know. I'm sure there's a guide or something on the computer somewhere," Peter stated. So he didn't know how they demorphed. Whoops. Maybe should have looked that up before he told them how to even morph in the first place. He'd figure it out, though. This responsibility bore a heavy weight on his shoulders with many a'sleepless nights ahead of him. As well as intense studies to come it may appear.
Following news that he didn't know how to demorph? Vince face palmed. Hard. Like 'did you hurt your face just now' hard. Chloe sighed and shook her head. "Well...please try and figure that out...okay?" She asked him kindly. She got a feeling from Mellany that she wasn't as keen as she'd like to think. And Braxton? Well that guy...that guy just seems to be tolerating everything. What happened downstairs had been responded to now that they're up here, and boy was it...something.

"Thanks though, guys. Really," Peter said. The five had vowed to fight and protect the Earth. It starts here in Westfield. God only knows if they can keep the Shadoji from spreading further into the world from their fortress. And Raijah made the Wells siblings jaws drop...what a beautiful sentiment he spoke...
"Raijah!" Vince exclaimed as he saw him run into the bear. He thought it was going to kill him! But...the bear just flopped over...for a belly rub? "....Raijah?" Vince followed up, confused. What a weird bear...Deer and Wolf seemed normal, more calm and....well domestic. Wildcat looked at Bear and Raijah. "Gosh, are you two ever going to stop with the massive displays of affection? You already turned over my litter box one time," Wildcat said. Wait...Wildcat....SPOKE?
Chloe and Vince froze up. Braxton was right, the Mounts are legendary creatures in lore, humble servants and allies of the Divine Order. But nowhere did Vince read that they could....talk.

"Talk...t-talking cat....talking...c...." Chloe stuttered and fell backwards. Feigned fainting was so dramatic but....accurate.
"Did I forget to tell you two that the Mounts can talk?" Peter whispered to Vince. Vince nodded slowly...his face a priceless expression on it. "Yeah, you did...Chloe, y'okay?"
She rose her thumb up in the air. She's alright.
"Ha! I guess the brave warrior and the cunning archer aren't familiar with this yet. Come, let me tell you the story of how we gained the ability to speak. It's quite funny, really. There once was this elven man in the woods..." Spoke the Stallion in a deep and proper voice. Wildcat butted in. "You always want to tell that story. Don't listen to him, guys, we got our voices through magic. Simply put," she said. Wildcat was sweet and cute but easy to just make things simple. Stallion was....older, and he loved being traditional. He huffed like most horses do, she just wagged her tail.
Vince helped Chloe up and stared at the Mounts, slowly approaching the two that spoke just now. Chloe carefully pet Wildcat's head to greet her. And Vince admired Stallion..from a few feet away. A talking horse...wicked.

"Alright, why don't the rest of you say hello? Wolf, I'll give you a treat! Bear, Deer, you know the drill. Just don't poop on them--looking at you Bear. Deer? Well....you be you," Peter said to the other Mounts as if he'd engaged in conversation with them all before. And...he had, actually. Log before any of the Rangers were recruited and assembled together. He did grow up under a Guardian, after all. The Mounts were like his pets and childhood friends. If anyone had a deep connection with them, it was Peter.

Tsk tsk tsk, Peter, how can the boy not know how to get them all back to normal again--and why did the female mage insist on a stupid pun? Such a simple feat that had to be, as well. Braxton wouldn't comment on it but he mentally scorned. If he's stuck in this costume for longer than another hour he will simply go mad. And imagine if one tried using the restroom in such attire. No zippers or flaps anywhere, it would get rather messy rather quickly. He leaned against a pillar of the porch and folded his arms, watching as the fool from the forest ran for Bear like a silly child running to a mall Santa around Christmas.
"He does that. Primitive education vows for primitive actions," he told Vince as he called out to him.

Braxton nearly cracked a smile and a small laugh once two of the five animals spoke. Chloe faked a faint and Vince just looked like a moron. "Surely you knew they could speak? I know there must be some records of it? Even if not, does this really shock you?" Honestly, talking animals were nothing Braxton couldn't handle. He's seen far more queer-natured things in his time. The horse was the one he related to most, given the tradition and value he held. And that cat? Damnable thing was like any other cat but with a voice. He liked and respected them both, however. Wolf on the other hand...
Panting rapidly and snapping up to attention at the mere mention of a treat cause the Wolf to close his jaw and nod. "Oh, a treat! I like treats! Can it be bacon?! I want it to be bacon! Better yet can it be a rabbit?" Wolf asked, super quick. He spoke incredibly fast, his voice almost comparable to that obnoxious dog in the Beggin' Strips commercials on television. Not as bad, though.
"You'll settle for whatever's in the pantry. Should I remind you what happens when you fill up on the treats?" Braxton said to Wolf. The hound his his head. "Yeah...I make everything my bathroom. Even the kitchen table if I get in the house." Poor dog was ashamed. But then he snapped his head back up. Not a silly dog, but not that serious either. One may say he's just your average dog whose prone to protecting people. Wolf wagged his tail, not being interacted with by Braxton. He hadn't the time for playtime with an animal.

"I won't.... make any promises," Mellany grinned. She wasn't always one for puns, really, but sometimes there were opportunities that were just too good to pass up. This was one of them. The news that Peter didn't know how they should demorph... that came as a bit of a disappointment. They couldn't just wear this forever, right? It was bound to get dirty and smelly... And everyone in Westfield would right away know who the protectors of the city were. Somehow that didn't seem right either...
"At least he gives his mount more attention than scolding him," Mellany retorted to Braxton. honestly, she just thought it was adorable how affectionate Bear and Raijah were with one another. Both were just friendly giants, really. Very friendly giants you didn't want to cross in battle.
"Bear just like belly rubs!" Raijah called back, sitting on top of Bear's stomach, rubbing his hands over the furry belly.

Mellany chuckled lightly at Vince and Chloe's reactions to the Mounts being able to speak. It had been a little bit of a shocker to her as well when she first found out, but she had quickly gotten used to the idea. Much to her own surprise Raijah hadn't been shocked at all when he joined them and learned of the talking mounts. It just seemed natural to him, or at least not as strange as some of the other things he'd been exposed to.
"Raijah is the only one who dares to gimme my belly rubs," Bear said. His voice was deep, like you'd expect from a bear if they could normally talk and not just because they were somehow magical. And there was also something very jolly about his voice. Like Bear was just always in a happy and good mood. He didn't even apologize to Wildcat for the incident with the litterbox. It wasn't his fault the litter box was placed right where he flopped over!

Deer shook its head and sighed deeply. "What a bunch..." she said. Her voice was calm and majestic. Deer wasn't really someone of many words, merely saying the things she thought that needed to be said, providing insight when needed. Much calmer than Wolf, for sure. One might even argue it seemed like the mounts of the mages were a little... mismatched. Or maybe they needed a mount that was their opposite to contrast better with one another? "This is going to be one long journey..."
"Perhaps so," Mellany said. "But we're not alone in this, right? All five of us are here now. We sort of know what to expect from now on..." She turned to scratch wolf behind his ears. Braxton might not make time to play or be affectionate with his Mount, but Mellany sure would! She loved dogs. And Wolf was basically just a larger, magical dog that sometimes wanted attention too. "I'll safe you some bacon at breakfast tomorrow, okay?" she whispered to him.

A wise old horse, a loyal hound, a....cat-cat, a silly bear and a majestic deer. Paired with a Tarzan-impersonator, a cheerleader, a body builder, a wise-ass, and a wise-ass with glasses. Peter definitely thought this was quite the group to start with. None of this had gone as planned so far, but that does not bare repeating for it has been said so many times today. Vince gently stroke Stallions mane and Chloe got to give Wildcat some attention while the others did as well. "Mounts, inside," Peter said, clicking his tongue. On his word, Stallion and Wildcat both bowed their heads and went inside around back alongside the others. Not the barn, but back there was a shelter that'd suit fine enough until they had another place to live. At least the animals are alright.

After shewing them away, Peter looked up at the sky and took in a deep breath. He swore he could see golden twinkles in the air where the barrier should be. Maybe he's seeing things. Or maybe it's his dad's essence in the air protecting them. Whatever it was, it was beautiful. The farm should not fall under attack again now that it's better protected. Damage had already been done but no way it'd stop them now.
Peter shoved his hands in his pockets and stepped forward to where his dad died. He stood right at the spot where it happened, breathing slowly. Vince and Chloe watched the Mounts go off and then looked at Peter. Toning down, the day was coming to a close. But this chapter was only beginning. "I can't promise it'll be easy guys. I can't promise we'll win in the end. But I can promise I'll try my best to be Guardian," Peter said blankly, staring at the ground.
Vince paused. "Bah, just do your best," he said and threw his hand up. "I mean we aren't fully functional but....we won, at least," he said reassuringly. Peter smiled. That they did.
"Totally. I'm sure this'll be hard but if we lived today, chances are we'll live next time." Chloe spoke with such naive hope. Can't blame her for trying to be positive though, as new as she is. Vince just nodded along with her...not wanting to reveal just how dark and gritty some of the history shows to have been before. Best let her find out later on her own.

"Uh...sure, yeah. At least you guys are alive...let's keep hoping this works. We have to work together, to stand tall in the face of evil. Because that's what we're facing...evil. They want a fight? We'll give them one. It's your time, Rangers... We have a planet to save." Peter's words were wise but young. He himself had much to learn with the Rangers. One step at a time, however, one step at a time. Vince and Chloe nodded at him in commitment, walking over and joining him in standing at Alexander's "death bed" for lack of better term. All gathering together to end the day.

Eager panting soon followed the offer of bacon. Wolf panted and licked Mellany's hand when she said she'd give him bacon. He appreciated that! "Oh thank you!" He licked her hand again and again, panting happily but not getting too excited. Why can't he be more connected with her rather than the four-eyed guy? She's so nice and he's so not! Wolf's ears snapped to attention when Peter told the Mounts to go. He nodded and barked accordingly, walking off with the other animals to the location round the back of the house. Braxton rolled his eyes famously at Mellany and Raijah. "Yes, encourage the mutt. And seriously do you know no self-restraint?" He asked first at her, then at him. Impossible, they were.

He looked up at the sky, the barrier glistening in the light with whatever remained of Alexander's soul. He could see it clear as day, but maybe that's just because it's so obvious. Or maybe he sees it because magic? More like it's the former and not the latter. Braxton's eyes then averted to Peter when he spoke up. Nothing is promised in life, why does he make such a fuss?
"No worries. Destiny will guide us, and should it falter, we'll stay alive long enough until the King rises. You'll be fine in your fathers place," he said. He hoped anyway, for today's events were less than promising for the future. Minus the things that happened maybe a half hour ago? "Maybe you shouldn't look at life so carelessly? Have a bit more thought process put into it," he said to Vince and eyed Chloe. "You are so naive," he outright told her. Blunt, much? One win doesn't mean another. Doesn't cheer leading teach you that when it comes to competitions? Or is she too dived in makeup and senseless crap to notice?
But the kid is right. They do have to work together. Braxton is more than willing to put up with these four...idiots. He stood at the point of the original Guardian's death with the others, looking down and then up at the sky. "May the ancestors watch over us in the dark times to come," Braxton said. For Peter was right again. They faced evil and they were sure going to give them a fight. Today they drew their line in the sand and made themselves known.

Deer let out anther sigh that sounded like she would be rolling her eyes. Why the mounts were paired with their specific mages was a mystery to her. It sure seemed like the other way around would have been a better fit. The other mage wasn't only more experienced, he was also calmer and more collected. Like mages should be. She remained silent as Peter told them to leave. Deer bowed her head and walked off. Bear lazily rolled to his side after giving Raijah a chance to get off him without being squashed. "Well, time to go. Bye bye all," Bear slowly walked to the shelter behind all the others.
"Maybe you should be nicer to your Mount," Mellany said. They were like pets, right? They needed attention and love. Most seemed to understand that. But leave it to mr four-eyes to be an asshole again. No surprises there.
"Raijah knows what?" Raijah tilted his head. Whatever it was Braxton asked him to have... or not have... Raijah didn't know what it meant. He was just being friendly with his mount. He spend a lot of time talking to the mounts. It seemed they sometimes were as confused to the word as he was. So that gave them something to talk about.

The sky with its small golden sparks looked beautiful. And reassuring, knowing it was Alexander's essence that repaired the barrier and was now protecting them from being attacked again by the Shadoji. Mellany gave the sky a small smile. So did Raijah, though he couldn't spot the barrier as clearly as the mages and the guardian could. Both turned their attention to Peter as the boy spoke again. "We all still have a lot to learn here, Peter. But as long as we work hard and do our best... who knows? It's all we can do," Mellany smiled at him. She briefly eyed Chloe and lightly shook her head. That was just wishful thinking and being naive on her end. The Shadoji were powerful and meant nothing but trouble. Granted, staying alive and putting up a fight was all they could do, but...
Raijah smiled, sharing Chloe's naive optimism. "We fight... and we live. Shadoji won't give up. But we don't either," Raijah put a hand to his chest, nodding in determination. What Peter said was right. They had a planet to safe. The Divine Knights were all that stood between doom and demons, or peace. For now they'd have to do without their king, which was bound to become chaos at times... but it would have to do. Raijah and Mellany joined the others, standing on the very spot where Alexander had been murdered today. Let the Shadoji know who they are, and that these five people are coming for them, no matter what they would throw at them!

Standing on the deathbed, Mellany closed her eyes for a moment as she cast a small spell. Unlike Braxton, she didn't mind showing emotion from time to time and found it valuable in her magic rather than a nuisance, as she thought he seemed to view it. Although freezing things over was her specialization when it came to magic, it wasn't the only thing she could do. Same went for Braxton, but he just didn't seem like the type to cast the spell she did. From the ground before them, sprouted a bed of flowers.

Peter slipped a tear across his cheek when Braxton called to the ancestors and Mellany conjured a bed of flowers in memory of his dad. The gesture was sweet and simple. Magic had very few limitations, it would seem. Mages aren't overpowered, but they have a broad range of ability and skill. Whether it be flowers growing, ice freezing, or lightning striking, they had the power. And warriors and rogues were the most able and front-line forces one could count on to defend or keep things at an advantage. Peter looked at the flowers, picked one from the bundle and clutched it tight, tearing the pedals in his hand and setting them adrift in the wind, muttered 'goodbye' to his father.

Vince looked at him and the others, revisiting today's events in his mind. Destiny had found him today. It brought them all together on this day and brought them victory, assembling the team a bit before their time, but now is as good as any. He folded his muscular arms in suit, looking at the drifting pedals to the wind. He smirked, a lock of his hair getting in his eye. He may be a macho man but even he likes to have pretty hair! More thoughts crossed his mind, like how naive Chloe was...and how like-minded Raijah sounded. j Chloe glared at Braxton when he basically crushed her thinking. And Mellany still didn't seem to like her...heez, what'd she do???
Bickering would be a thing of the future, and this group with a few exceptions were hardly friends. They must work together and overcome the odds if they want to live. In Peter's heart burned an unquenchable flame, and in his eyes... He could see possible horrors that lay on the horizon.
May any and all higher powers watch over them. Chloe rested her hand on Peter's shoulder.

"So, Peter...what do we do now?" She asked him, her hair blowing in the breeze slightly. Peter didn't vocally reply. Instead, he just looked up at the sky, took a deep breath, and smiled.

Quest 01 - Completed.

PenBlade1326 PenBlade1326 marorda marorda

Quest 02: Horizon

Days had gone by since the first 'victory' of the Divine Knights.
After only a couple of hours of researching, Peter found out how to help the others demorph the other day. Apparently all one has to do is just say 'power down.' It took him four hours to learn that in his fathers notes. Promising start to his duties? Just a quirky beginning is all. He would get the hang if his job soon enough, as soon as he stops visiting his dads makeshift grave once per hour. Coping with a heavy loss is no easy task. Added on his age of only 16, he's technically old enough to be better at handling things, but he's young enough so some things still come at a loss. Peter is adjusting though. Just everybody needs to give him a little time to be one hundred percent perfect at this job. Dumanax and his lackeys haven't reared their ugly heads since the first battle, though, so that's at least given them time breathe and train.

But to train with their fellow Knights, Vince and Chloe would have to move onto the farmhouse. The same night they had the first fight, they returned home to their dad and Susan. Susan being Vince's mom and only Chloe's step mom. Do the others even know that? She forgot. Oh well. Susan was basically her mom, anyway. When they both told their dad of what happened, he was proud of them and surprised it was so early. Susan was delighted they were alive, praising Vince more than Chloe. Maybe it had to due with his training for such a long time? Life went on--along with some crash course training--as the Wells siblings packed their bags and headed for the farmhouse to live with Peter and their comrades. Living together would make training and working easier, after all. A simple goodbye to their parents, and off they went!
Early Saturday morning, Vince's car pulled up to the Hart farm with his and Chloe's bags all loaded up and packed safely. They had everything they needed, and means to get anything they would need later. "So we really have to live...here?" Chloe asked, looking up at the house. It was...big.
Vince nodded. "Yeah, Chloe. We've got to. Part of being a Knight means committing fully and leaving your life behind from before. So moving out of home it is. Don't worry, you can still go to school, though," he grinned at her teasingly. Because she just loved going to school! Chloe flung her head back and groaned. She didn't mind doing this...but...can't she get a 'save the world is more important than algebra' pass???

Peter walked out from inside the house to greet the siblings as they arrived. Chores for the day hadn't been assigned so everybody was free to do whatever they wanted around the house. It's only Saturday morning, after all. "Morning, guys," he said to them as they got out of the car and grabbed their luggage. He was wearing a plain t shirt and some shorts. Casual in comparison to them. Vince wore a tight red workout shirt and black running pants, matching sneakers and all. Chloe had on trendy jeans and a cute yellow blouse. And her makeup and hair was of course flawless.
"Morning, Peter," Vince greeted. Chloe merely waved, still a bit tired but in a decent mood. They brought their bags up, Vince's bags heavy but manageable for his strength. Chloe had one over her shoulder and just had a rolling suitcase for the bigger part of her bags. Peter quickly talked them through the house, telling them that upstairs there are 10 rooms. His room, his dads which is now off limits, the master bedroom revered for Ascelin now, and then the other seven bedrooms were free to claim. Well, Braxton, Raijah and Mellany already claimed their rooms, so four rooms were to choose from now. He told them of how chores were a thing and how it fluctuated so all did their part. Vince and Chloe understood and nodded, walking inside with him.
"Just take whatever rooms are free and you want. Bedrooms are upstairs, so is a bathroom, and then you guys already know the layout down here. Guys, Vince and Chloe are here!" Peter said to them then called to the others who lived here.
Vince and Chloe just nodded and walked up the stairs with their luggage. Time to go claim their rooms!

Twas truly a beautiful Saturday morning. Braxton had written his parents with word of the battle and victory the following night, not calling them like most people would. His parents hate using the telephone. Only because his father has an irrational fear that they'll give you cancer. Maybe he isn't wrong but perhaps he's paranoid. But in their response they wrote that they were both proud and wished him well on future endeavors. Nothing overly-emotional and stereotypical of parents. Short, sweet and to the point. It's how he is and how his parents are. Such is what should be expected from a mage of his standing. In the time between the battle and this morning he was not only relieved to be freed of his suit, but also studying the new tomes from the Lair underground in the basement of the house. He saw no reason to ask for permission because this all belonged to the Knights, right? The tomes were truly marvelous. Such wisdom and power inside of them, he had already learned so much!

He knew that Vince and Chloe would be moving in today. Braxton was sat at the kitchen table, drinking black coffee after brewing a pot for anybody who would like a cup, reading one of the times from the Lair at the table, careful not to get anything on the pages. So delicate and precious, the tomes were. If anything were to happen to them? It would be truly cause for panic on his end. And he isn't one to get scared easily. He had set the tome down on its current page to go and rinse out his cup, washing it and putting it away as he finished. Braxton was a very clean person; and anybody who had to do dishes likely thanked him for cleaning his dishes as he used them as opposed to just setting them in the sink. Why contribute to the dirty dishes that attract flies and other delightful things?
He reflected on the others while waiting for the Wells siblings to arrive. Peter had done fine so far, his fellow mage was...here, Raijah made the Mounts comfortable, and all seemed well enough for the time being.
No matter how early it was and he was home, Braxton was already dressed. He wore a semi-casual blue sweater and jeans, keeping up his clean and crisp appearance while staying comfortable.

Whenever he spotted the car pulling in out front and Peter going out to greet them, Braxton excused himself and went up the stairs to his bedroom. It was closer to the stairs on his side of the hall. He'd been the first to move in, so taking the 'first' available room seemed only natural to him. Not like he stole anyone elses. His bedroom was well-kept and organized, overly planned out and clean like he was. Not a bad thing by any means. He liked tidy. "Raijah, remember you have to actually wear clothes inside of the house. And Mellany, do try not to scare the newcomers away," he called properly to the other two as Peter alerted the house. He only teased Raijah, but was he too far off? He folded his arms and leaned in his doorway, awaiting Vincent and Chloe to come up and pick their bedrooms.

Saturday morning with no chores yet assigned meant a chance to sleep in. Something Mellany gladly did. She had been awake for less than half an hour when Braxton called to her and Raijah about the newcomers having arrived. Really, she'd scare them off? If anything, his behavior would scare them more than her appearance in the mornings... Though she could go full Samira if she'd want.... shuffling around the hallway with her long hair covering her face. Hmm, well that certainly was an idea for later. Right now she had no intention of scaring anyone. She'd had the chance to take a quick shower, and was now combing out her hair in her room. Being the second one to arrive, there were plenty of rooms to pick when she got there. And after a first falling out with Braxton, she'd settled on a room as far away from his as possible. So that was the very back of the other end of the hallway.

Her room was decorated with pictures of her at both archery and gymnastics contests. Pretty near action shots here and there. On some planks on her wall stood trophies she had earned, others had books on them. It was generally organized, but not as much as Braxton's room. "Organized chaos", she'd call it. Mellany knew exactly where to find every single thing in her room, even if everything was standing just about everywhere. The light curtains were dancing in the breeze of the open window. She liked to keep things light and fresh in her room, preferring to sleep with her window open even in the winter. Unless it was storming and everything in her room would get soaked in the rain. That, along with her not being home, were the only reasons for her to keep the window closed. Well, time to say hello to the newcomers then, even if she hadn't liked them too much upon their first meeting. They'd all be living and working together, after all! Mellany lazily stretched before making her way out of the room, glancing at the two as they made their way up the stairs. "Morning," she greeted them both with a small smile. "And welcome, I suppose...." What else was there to say? Mellany glanced at Rajah's door. It was still closed, and she didn't hear a sound coming from it, even after Braxton called to the both of them. Was he still sleeping or what?

The answer to that question was no. Raijah wasn't sleeping. He never slept in, always woke up around sunrise. Sometimes a little before, sometimes a little after. But never too much. That's what you get for growing up in a tribe, outside in the woods, where daily life starts the moment the birds start to sing. Raijah was outside, near the shed where the Mounts currently stayed at. He'd cuddled with Bear, chatted with everyone... and now he was just outside, enjoying the sunshine and the feeling of grass between his toes. When he heard the car approach, he knew it was Vince and Chloe. After all, everyone had told him they would arrive today. Best go and say hi to them! Raijah went back into the house, walking up the stairs behind Chloe and Vince... sneaking. Not on purpose! He was just used to moving without making sounds. "Hello!" he happily greeted as he stood close behind them. "Raijah happy to see you." He grinned widely. Maybe it wasn't Mellany to scare them away... on incident. Oh, and as per usual, Raijah wasn't wearing shoes... or a shirt. Still getting used to that.

Both siblings glanced around as the went up the stairs, bags in hand, eyes exploring. The house was large but humble. Anyone would be able to tell that for a heavy duration if being inhabited by the Harts, only two people lived here before more arrived. But it was comfortable and homey so who cared? And it was protected. Not the nice house Vince or Chloe grew up in with a pool in the backyard but it's home. Vince was just thankful to have a place to stay and train. Chloe didn't mind, despite her high-maintenance exterior. As they reached the top of the stairs, they waved Mellany down. "Morning, Mellany" greeted Vince with a suave manner of speaking. Chloe just smiled and waved at her, as well as Braxton in his doorway.
"Do I smell coffee? I could really use a cup if there's any left," Vince commented, the smell of coffee making him excited. Good thing four-eyes brewed some up. Following Mellany's welcome, however, Vince and Chloe let out a little yelp as Raijah unintentionally snuck behind them and blurted 'hello'. Vince just jumped and stumbled forward, Chloe was so caught off guard she tumbled forward and gave a little thumbs up to let everyone know she was okay.

"Gosh, Raijah, you scared us!" Vince said and laughed while clutching his chest. If his shirt had been any tighter you could practically see his heart beating! He helped his sister up off of the floor and dusted her off. The girl exhaled and shook her head, mentally shuddering at the shoe and shirt-less guy. Okay, he's inside the house, so it isn't as weird to her. She will normally only wear socks in the house, not shoes. Shoes make the floor dirty! Peter made his way up the stairs behind them. "He does that. He's used to walking and not being heard, aren't ya buddy?" Peter asked Raijah and ruffled his hair, having to reach up a bit since he's a bit shorter. Peter presented himself in front of them in the hallway and gestured behind him. "Well, guys four rooms vacant, take whichever you want," he told the newbies to the household. The already-taken rooms were obvious, as well as the big master bedroom at the end for the King. Not planned for him to be their, but a Guardian must always prepare a space for him just in case. The Wells siblings nodded and walked through the hall, glancing at the empty rooms, also catching tiny peaks into the other rooms just out of curiosity. Vince took a liking to a bedroom more on in the middle of the hall on one side with Mellany and Alxander's rooms. And Chloe happened to take a liking to the room directly across from it, on the side with Braxton and Peter's rooms. (dun know where Raijah's is yet lol)
"Oh this room is great! There's a vanity, it'll be perfect for my makeup and everything!" Chloe gawked while picking out her room and giddily clapping. And she had a nice view of the woods from her window! So pretty! Vince just liked the simplicity of his room. A good view, like all rooms had, but it was medium sized like the others....and if he moved the furniture in there a bit, he had room to work out. Peter took the time while they were getting settled to go downstairs and make a breakfast. Food before work!
---
An hour went by. Peter spent it cooking instead of being in his room. It was a normal room for a teenage boy, a little messy, but not bad. Lots of pictures of him and his dad, even more of his dad now that...well... But his room is nice. Vince, in this hour, had spent it unpacking and getting his room together. Surprisingly getting most of his stuff unpacked. He chose to 'decorate' it with posters and items surrounding fitness and the total "dude" lifestyle. If anyone offered to help him unpack, he wouldn't have said no, but he didn't really need it. He's figuring this room out now anyway. He had places for his weights, he'd put his weigh protein and everything in the kitchen later, and his clothes were small considering they were workout clothes and those typically tend to be smaller and take less space. Weights were a pain, though.... not for him.
Chloe on the other hand, would only accept help from Mellany if she had offered. Because it would be weird if one of the two guys stumbled upon her underwear or feminine products. At least if Mel found them she'd just be like "hey where do you want this?" because she probably has the same stuff in her room! Females unite! Chloe put her clothes away first, then made her bed with a couple of stuffed animals on it...one being a gift from Jacob, her boyfriend. As well as a lot of pictures of cheerleading, friends, boyfriend, family, and her mom. Only the one picture, though. She organized makeup and everything on the vanity, falling in love with that set-up. It's like it was made for her!

"Hey guys, food is ready," Peter called up the stairs. He made oatmeal, bacon, eggs, biscuits, and orange juice made from the oranges they grow here. Vince rubbed his stomach at the mention of food. Hell yes. Chloe walked out of her teenage dreamroom and smelled the air of the hall. "Ohhh it smells great," she commented. And both were on their way down the stairs to eat breakfast with everybody. Then, to work they go!

Braxton only slightly waved back as the Wells' arrived up the stairs. His lips perched in a grin as Raijah scared the daylights on accident out of them. "You are prone to falling, aren't you?" He asked Chloe in the smuggest way possible. He looked to Vince as he spoke of coffee, "There is indeed a pot downstairs. Help yourself, if you like." That may be the most civil thing he's said to anyone. Civil as in not questioning their competence, that is. He isn't all snark and intelligent remarks after all. He was raised to be proper, not impudent.
"Raijah does that a lot, I'm afraid. Just get a spray bottle and fill it with soap to keep him at bay," he said as if the rogue hated bathing. He might, actually, for Braxton doesn't recall him bathing ever. Or maybe he likes to bathe, and Braxton is assuming. Even if that man does bathe, he cannot smell a difference between him and...outdoors. Braxton kept still in his doorway once Peter came up and told them to choose whatever rooms they wanted. He promptly snapped his fingers and caused their luggage to follow them until they had chosen a room. The sooner they get settled and they can all start working the better, he thought.

However he cared not for them catching peaks into his room. It's clean. That is all they need to know, the nosy pests. Braxton had chose to help Vince unpack, whether or not Mellany or Raijah would choose to help one or both siblings. Not to make friends with him really, but more to start working with him outside of duty. A lot of...workout attire. "I am sorry Vincent, but do you own any other clothing? No denim? No...cotton? Just this elastic fabric and occasion sweatpaint-like material?" he asked Vince as he helped put clothing away, leaving the weights are more person items to him. Seriously, there's being active and then being a nut. God only knew how Raijah must have viewed some of these things for the male body in modern culture. In the forest he had been exposed to what, animal hide? "Also I do hope you plan to not blast insane music while you exercise. If you must listen to it, do so with headphones, please," he said. Just a reminder that some people don't want to hear it. And other people do live here!
Ah. Breakfast was ready. He joined everybody heading for the kitchen. "It smells delicious," he commented. He too was peckish.

Mellany laughed at Raijah startling the two newcomers. Raijah laughed at everyone laughing. His grin grew even wider and brighter when Peter stated this was just something he tended to do. "Yup," he nodded proudly. He grew up in the woods as a hunter and Guardian of the Tomb. Of course he knew how to move without being seen or heard. The downside was he did seem to scare his new friends here. He wandered back to his room, on the same side where Braxton, Peter, and Chloe's rooms were. He liked to look at the forest. That reminded him of home a little bit. Raijah didn't have an awful lot in his room. That's what you get when you move from the wilderness to a house. He didn't exactly have many possessions to have taken with him. No such thing as pictures or anything of the like. But his room was decorated with talismans and charms the tribe had given him. For health, for luck, for a safe trip. They were made from stones, bones, shells, feathers... all sorts of natural materials. There was also a wooden totem he had carved himself once. And his drum. The Oatkeeper Tribe ha a rich history and culture with rituals, most of which involved fires, drums, dances, facepaint, and sacrifices to the old gods. No scary human sacrifices, really! Just baskets of fruit, usually. Or fish. And occasionally chickens. Percussion had been a large part of his childhood, and he was proud he had been one of the percussionists during several rituals before he left. Raijah still liked to drum, but he'd only do it when he wouldn't bother anyone else. OR he just went outside. He may be tribal, but this man isn't completely uncivil and has at least some awareness other people might be bothered. Now that people were moving he presumed nobody would be bothered if he'd drum a bit. See it as some sort of welcoming ritual!

Mellany watched the newcomers pick their rooms. She wasn't too sure if she liked the idea that Mr. Muscle's room was next to hers. "Please do open a window when you're working out. Pretty sure none of us are eager to be stuck with the smell," she commented, poking her head around the corner. With Raijah often smelling like the outdoors, and not always in the most pleasant way, she really wasn't waiting to also have to smell post-workout sweat. She glanced at Chloe's room and couldn't help but roll her eyes. A vanity... fitting, seeing as how vain this child seemed to be. Though Mellany didn't like her, she didn't want to seem like a complete bitch. So she decided to show her best side and walk into the girl's room to offer her help with putting her things away. Her eyes quickly fell on the pictures. Mainly the cheerleading ones caught her eye. Mellany smiled faintly. "How long have you been doing that?" she asked, nodding at the pictures. She remembered trying out years ago. And being accepted. And having to quit after a few months because gymnastics and archery came first. Maybe she would have had an easier time making friends if she had actually made time for friends... But her parents were rather strict and pushy. Sure, they may have only wanted the best for their daughter, but with all the extracurricular activities AND having to get high marks in school, they sure had ruined her social life.

It seemed further chatting would have to wait though, as Peter called from downstairs to inform them dinner was ready. Now, Raijah moved not-so-silently down the stairs, almost as if he were starving. The guy's got an appetite! Like Bear! Mellany chuckled lightly and shook her head. How's that guy always hungry, often caught eating, but never gaining any weight?
"If it tastes as good as it smells and looks, you've really outdone yourself, Peter," Mellany smiled. Besides the orange juice, she also poured herself a cup of coffee. And then she poured quite the amount of sugar in it. That should keep her focused and energetic for hours to come.
"Raijah make tea?" Raijah offered. He didn't really like coffee, but he sure loved tea! Preferably with fresh herbs from the woods. He knew them from home, so he knew which ones were good and which ones would get you killed.

Vince had rolled his eyes at everyone for telling him to not play music too loud or to open a window. "Hey, I work out, I need music and I get sweat. Sorry for being a human?" he replied to them. Gosh, is it just them or do all mages form history have such attitude? Aren't they the ones more vulnerable to demonic possession from the dream world? That's a tad worrying now isn't it?
When Braxton helped him unpack a bit, he chuckled at the guys reaction to his things. "You can just call me Vince, Vincent sounds so...old. And I like these clothes, they're breathable. And they help me pick up chicks when I go out, ya know?" He replied with a coy grin. Braxton surely knows what it's like to want to impress ladies, right?
Chloe appreciated Mellany's shocking assistance with her things. Weird vibes aside, this girl was nice when she wanted to be. She looked to her as she pointed out the cheer picture. "Oh, I've been a cheer leader for... I wanna say about 10 years. Ever since I was six I just liked doing it. And my mom did it when she was a kid, so why not? Plus the outfits are like too cute OMG," she replied truthfully. Chloe didn't think anyone here aside from Vince knew about her mother and what had happened, so one may assume she speaks as if she's still here. See, under the makeup and the teenage girl there's...something. But what? Oy...

When all were down to eat, Peter held his hand up. "Make tea if you want, Raijah, just remember to be careful with heat. You know how the oven has a tendency to make the flames to big, freaking gas ovens...." Peter warned. Really, even he has burned himself before. That oven needs to be fixed!
Peter smiled and shrugged as everyone commented on food. Then the six of them were sat at the table and shared a morning meal. Simple and a little awkward given the new people, but it is the most important meal of the day.
---
While those gluttonous humans feasted, the Shadoji had already begun plotting. Faye Castle's courtyard had been littered with foul and rotted things, the walls were being damaged and the drapery and windows were stained. Thralls kept the place very home-like and dark to fit with the Shadoji demons living there now. Dumanax--while silent--had been more than displeased with his three disciples' failure previously. It had been a few days but he was still fairly angry with them. As well as the Knights for having a new form of power he was not familiar with. All six disciples had been summoned to the throne in the main hall.
Dumanax sat on the throne which he had personally sliced half of the back off. The Faye crest on the back sickened him, so he cut it. Torth made a nearby room his own where he studied the dark arts and served. Urla had found a lovely room in a high tower, a view so that all who wished may observe her beauty! She was truly gorgeous!

Both disciples and their comrades stood in a line before their ruler and knelt down on one knee. Dumanax, through the hive mind had let Torth, Rogana, and Zaken know he was not happy still. He extended his arm and channeled a dark essences to their heads to give them a mental pain beyond imagination. Torth gripped his head and cried out in pain. This was dark....even for someone like him!
"My lord, I am truly sorry. I humbly beg forgiveness! The Knights are beyond where we believed! We could not foresee this, truly!" Torth explained, but Dumanax' metaphorical rope only tightened on their pathetic heads. Nothing the three of then could say would appease him. While the three failures were being punished, Dumanax had Andero and Lusa step forward. It would be the two of them that he sent out next. Maybe the Slave and Night disciples would be better. And Lusa would have to get over going out in the day, for her fair skin would survive, needn't he remind her? Fool.
"Oh master, what about me? Am I not able to go?" Urla asked cutely. Dumanax shook his head. Later, Urla. Later.
She hung her head. "Well, good luck to you two then. At least let us use...it!" She said wickedly. Ah yes...it. Dumanax stroked his chin. It hadn't been used for a while. Maybe now this is time?

Vince's coy reply about attracting the opposite sex and claiming the comfort for his clothes made Braxton's eyes roll. Yes, one should dress to impress and attract a mate. Not to appear as intelligent as one is on the inside. In any case, everybody in this house dressed exactly how they should reflect their levels of intelligence. Cue scoff.
He gladly sat down at the table with everybody in his usual seat, placing a napkin over his lap to keep himself clean as he partook in consuming this delicious food. "I don't see why we don't just fix the stove with magic. Magic is not a crutch and should never be used as such, though with talking animals running around I doubt we'd want to call a repairman," he commented. Really, nothing wrong with a little magic in moderation. Like candy. Only Braxton disliked candy. Bad for the teeth.
---
Crumbling stone for walls was mysterious. 'Tis but a wonder if and when they will collapse and likely crush any living thing when they do so. What a mess that should make. Rogana had gotten used to the castle after failing the first time against the Knights. She had attempted making her comrades feeling as if it were their fault, but her mystery power didn't work on them. Instead she had awaited punishment for her failure. For one so smart it is a wonder how she and the others were beaten so easily by essentially children.
Andero resumed his position of keeping Thralls in line. Making them keep the castle appropriate, treating them like mindless property and whipping them into shape. Those weapons used by the Divine Knights surprised him when he saw what they did. Magic of some kind it had to be. His cold and likely dead heart only cared for two things: dominance and certainty.

Both disciples had met with their ilk in the main hall and bowed before Dumanax. Rogana felt her head splitting at the masters powerful torture. She gripped at her headdress and sighed. Oh how it pained her so! Her mind felt as twisted as a fool trying to solve a riddle! "Torth speaks the truth, your worship. The Knights--ah!--they are not what we remember!" She pleaded. But the master was intent on not forgiving this failure so easily. Shadoji do not make excuses when it comes to their conquest!

Andero felt his spine snap up as he had been chosen. He stepped up, cracking his cane like a whip. "Why thank you, sire. Maybe the two of us can whip those Knights into shape and even turn a few humans over to slavery. We could always use more around the castle to keep things as tidy or untidy as we wish," Andero spoke very highly.
He looked at Urla as she was saddened. He tsk'ed. "There there, pretty thing, do not be sad. Thank you for well wishes," he commented before...it. Oh it, yes it! "It? I believe we could. Master?"

"But big fire make people happy," Raijah said, rather confused as to why he had to be careful with the stove. Fires meant warmth and comfort and parties.... Unless it was Torth. Then fire was baaaaad.
"Fire doesn't make people happy when it burns the house to the ground," Mellany commented, sipping her sugary coffee. Raijah looked at her and nodded slowly. Yes, that was also a bad case of fire. She then turned her attention back to Chloe. "So... ten years, huh? You must be pretty good, then." Cheerleading wasn't quite on the same level as competitive gymnastics though. Were there even competitions for cheerleaders? Mellany didn't think there were. And even if it was the case... well... with cheerleading you could lean on the others in your squad. With gymnastics everything depended solely on your own skill. Not to demean the child... Cheerleading did require some talent and agility, after all. Gymnasts just needed it more.
"More people like tea?" Raijah asked, keeping an eye on not setting the kitchen on fire as the water boiled.
---
Although one wouldn't quite call it an update, in the opinion of the Disciples Faye Castle had sure changed for the better. Zaken had made the war room his domain. From there out he could plan battles and lay out strategies to make sure they wouldn't fail their master again. These new knights were still children, novices at best... and yet they had managed to defeat them through weapons and magic that had never been around before. It frustrated the warrior. Especially his initial loss against that Red Ranger. But they would clash blades again when time came around again. Time would tell who the superior warrior was here. Zaken, who had only just woken up from his century long slumber, or the young man who proved to be stronger than he looked.

Lusa had made her home in the dungeons, nicely cool and dark, far away removed from that nasty sun. But in the nights the beautiful silver light of the moon would shine upon her domain in all its beautiful glory. Now she was with the other Disciples in the throne room, watching the three who had failed receive their punishment.

Zaken reached for his head, hissing in pain as their master brougt his punishment upon them. Whereas the other two pleaded for mercy, Zaken faced his punishment like a true honorable warrior would. "Be that as it may, it... -- aagh-- It cannot be forgiven that we lost. A failure is still a failure," he spoke. The pain in his mind was unbearable, but it was what the three of them deserved. They were the first to go out there, battle the nights and prove themselves, not fail and make everyone look like cowards and weaklings. There was no making excuses, just hoping they would be granted the chance to repent for their failures and prove to be worthy Shadoji. They weren't Disciples for nothing! If they were defeated by newlings so easily... how would the rest of the world ever take the threat seriously?

Lusa, alongside Andero, stepped forward as she was chosen. She bowed deeply to Dumanax. "The Moon and I thank you deeply for this chance, My Lord," she said. "Those who will not obey us, shall suffer the wrath of the shadows." She smiled to herself. Being the Countess of Shadows and High Priestess of the Moon, she had the power to do just that. Either obey, or face a slow and painful fate. She scoffed at Urla. To beg like a needy child, hah. Unworthy of a Disciple, if you'd ask her. And that had been around longer than her? Such a shame. But at least she wasn't completely foolish. "Aaah..." she laughed. "It, such a splendid idea! What would you say, My Lord?"

Peter nodded and handed it to Braxton. A handyman may not be their first option in making the stove a little safer to use, lest they risk doing it themselves and burning the house down. Now that would suck. "Alright, I'll give you that. But I don't think magic should be used for stuff we can do ourselves. But hey, just eat, eat," Peter said and chowed down. He was starving. Then he kindly rejected the tea Raijah offered. And big fires certainly weren't as nice as he seemed to think.
"I wouldn't say I'm super perfect at it. But I'm not co-Captain with my friend Brooke for nothing," Chloe replied to Mellany as prim as she could. Cheering wasn't just being cute and yelling. It was really skillful. But dangerous, too, especially if someone didn't prepare enough before a backhand spring. Wrist and nails can be broken! "Plus cheering gives us the best boys to date, yassssss," she said like your average valley girl and took a drink of her juice.
Vince just sat back and watched Chloe be...Chloe. How is it they're related? They're almost nothing alike, minus a few half-sibling physical traits. Sure he can be a bit shallow but he knows where his responsibilities lie.
But enough. Everyone deserves a nice meal before the day starts.
---
"Oh shut up you lump," Torth said to Zaken as they all felt the pain in their heads. This pain hissed like a serpent and made him irritable, more so than normal. And Rogana wasn't helping, blasted woman. Her agreement with him was nice but she still wasn't helping! They should just take their punishment with dignity!

As the three failures dealt with their punishment, Dumanax rose from from the throne and stepped down. Urla twirled and giggled happily as the others agreed that 'it' would be perfect. "So can we use it? Can we can we??" She asked enthusiastically, gently shoving Andero's hand when he called her pretty thing. She did love it when people admired her beauty! The master stroked his longsword and held it up to admire the sharpness of the steel. Urla kept her gaze of her large face on the blade.
It would suffice. For too long they have ignored 'it' against the Knights. Now may be the time.
He swiftly slashed his sword through the air where the veil was most thin, reaching through the rift between this world and his own dimension of darkness. Dumanax then pulled his arm free of the rift and with it came a large pedestal. A ceremonial disk on a stand about 4 feet up off of the ground. Urla clapped giddily when it arrived. "Oh yay! The Disciples Honor!" She called out. The ancient pedestal had now been placed to the side of the throne room. On it were multiple runes along the rim. In its center was a pool of black water reserved for the Shadoji Disciples. The disciples or their leader simply dives their hand into the water to summon a monster made from their energy, or the forbidden runes along the rim are activated and given life instead. This method has proven more than useful time and time again in the past for spawning new demons. Dumanax snapped his fingers and released the punished three disciples.
Torth felt instant relief. He exhaled and rose to his feet once again free of that torment, Urla clapping giddily.

Dumanax then pointed at the Disciples Honor. Torth and Urla both knew what that meant. Dumanax stood at the pedestal with his six disciples and placed their hands over the forbidden runes. They channeled their power into them. Once all had been fueled, the symbols etched onto the runes each floated in the black water, swirling around and around until finally only one chosen rune had been left. The rune fueled and chosen by whatever powers that be: a Revenant. Urla clapped when the symbol floated in the water, Torth sounding amused as well.
The Revenant symbol burst from the black water and out into the open space on the floor, a tall and mighty figure appearing. Dawning a cloak and armor, a sword and shield, the Revenant had been formed. It clung the tip of its blade on the cold floor. "I am ready to serve," sword the Revenant, its voice deep and echoing.
Torth and Urla observed the creature. A fine specimen! He should be of great help to Lusa and Andero. "What a creature, I have missed the Disciples Honor," commented Torth. Urla clapped and giggled. A real monster, this had ought to show those Knight Rangers!
Dumanax stroked his chin and sat upon the throne. He pointed to the exit that led to the city. Revenant bowed and awaited his two disciples masters.

Andero chuckled at the enthusiasm of pretty Urla. So determined to use it and make those Knights pay for being so...virtuous. Sickening, the whole concept is. Using their freedom to fight for an unworthy cause. If he had it his way, he'd make slaves out of them and all other freedom-abusing humans and put them to good use. "Maybe it will help put them all in their place," commented the slave disciple. He watched as Dumanax sliced through the veil and brought out the Disciples Honor, evil artifact capable of conjuring the most diabolical creatures beyond ones own imagination.
When it had been brought through, Andero stared in awe. "Ahh! The Disciples Honor. I can not wait to dip my hand into its water once again, to feel the hum of the runes beneath my palms." This ancient object was so powerful, the gods of old might as well bow before it. He cracked his cane in a whip fashion again in celebration of this glorious moment.

In contrast to the slaves, Rogana felt free once Dumanax had released her and the others from their mind torture. She relaxed and picked herself up. "Oh goodness, I thought we were never going to be free," she said in her partly French accent.
She took but a moment to observe the mysterious pedestal. How quaint that a thing like this holds such power and was ripped out from the veil with such ease. A true mystery, if she were to say.
Rogana then dallied over to it along with Andero in his stroll. Along with the others they charged the runes on the sides with their power, beholding the choosing of the Revenant. Both gazed at the newly created demon to fight for them. Andero sized it up and down. "Hmm. He should certainly make himself useful, those humans will bow before us," said Andero, joining the creature.
Rogana chuckled and rest her umbrella on her shoulder. Hopefully the two disciples with this thing would fair better than she did in the previous outgoing.

Lusa tapped her hands together, eagerly awaiting for their master to bring forth the Disciple's Honor. It hadn't been used in a long time, so she only knew of it from the legends she'd heard and the lessons she had had among the ranks before joining the Disciples. "Ah, such a marvelous artifact that is," she said full of glee in her British accent. "I simply cannot wait to behold its power myself." Truly, after only having heard legends about it, it was a wonderful day now that she would see the power for real instead of hearing and reading it secondhand. She wandered over to the pedestal, taking a good look at the runes and the black water. What a beautiful sight to behold, the Disciple's Honor was!

Zaken let out a breath of relief as he was released from the punishment, though he didn't voice this out loud unlike Rogana did. This punishment was painful, but well-deserved. He, as the oldest Disciple, should know better than anyone else not to disappoint the master. He should have been able to crush those knights, but instead they had bested them. A bunch of kids. Such a shame... He rose to his feet and turned to look at the artifact Dumanax pulled out of the veil. How he did that, and how such a thing even fit anyplace were mysteries to him. He wasn't one for magic. The fine steel of a blade was more than enough for him. "The Disciple's Honor..." he said, nodding approvingly. "It's been a long time. Too long."

The two Disciples joined the others around the pedestal, placing their hands over the runes, fueling them with their energy. The runes hummed and swirled, choosing a Revenant as the first creation. "Such a wonderful creation," Lusa said in admiration. Zaken nodded. Indeed, this was one fine being. He, too, had missed using the Disciple's Honor. This ought to put the knights in their place and show them what the Shadoji were capable of. Lusa joined the Revenant and Andero, ready to go to the surface and show the humans the Shadoji were not to be meddled with. Unfortunately she'd have to go out in that pesky daylight. It burned her eyes and skin. Couldn't she just take Rogana's umbrella with her to shelter herself from that damned light? Or could they maybe just attack at night, when the moon was out and she had her god to guide her? No? Really?

The Revenant bowed and sheathed his shield on his back and sword on his hip. A creature made from the Disciple's Honor was worthy of conquering the humans and their silly world. With the two top tier demons he traveled to the city of Westfield to attack. His only goal: smite the Knights. As has always been the end plan for Shadoji; that and ruling the world, of course. Into the day they march!
---
Breakfast was both delicious and filling. A decent enough start to the day, one may think. Peter hoped that the new housemates felt a little more at home now after getting a meal. Living somewhere other than your own house after such a long time is just a weird feeling, and it can be a little unnerving. Time will adjust everything.

After getting food on their stomachs and letting it digest a little Peter mustered up enough drive to get everyone in motion. The Mounts were running around the land doing their own exercises, pouncing or running around to get their strength. The team themselves had been given a chance to change into something more suitable for training and just getting dirty. Dirt and mud was a likely occurrence when training! Chloe didn't look forward to it...gross! A variety of dummies, targets and obstacles had been set up for the team as they changed by Peter. His dad was better at setting things up, though. But the kids tried his best. Just hopefully the training dummies and sandbags don't flop around. He tried making them as secure as possible, honest!
Vince and Chloe wandered outside the house. Vince still had his current outfit since it is a workout set anyway. Chloe just changed into yoga pants and a tank top. A rack of training weapons was set up for everyone to use.
"Alright guys, let's run the drills. Mages work on your elementals, rogues work on precision and agility, I'll do strength training," Vince had said to everyone when they were out. Already he was giving everyone orders. Technically he had the right... But he's a little annoying in Chloe's opinion. She just scoffed and picked up a bow.
"Who made you the boss?" She asked, total little sister. Vince scoffed back. "As warrior in absence of the King, it puts me in charge. Don't fight it, sis," he replied. Cue another scoff from the teenager. Peter just sat idly by thinking it was best to let the guy who knows how to fight tell them this. But he did chime in. "Also guys, don't be afraid to branch out. Mages, try using the other persons element a little. Rogues, use the other methods? And Vince--" Peter began to suggest but Vince shushed him nicely.
"No offence Peter but I think a two hander is more my style. The others can be more flexible if they want but this is perfect for me," he said.

Stallion made a trotting sound. He didn't approve of Vince being so bossy already! Ironic given that Stallion is rather authoritative himslef. But he had earned respect from the other Mounts. Vince hasn't earned anything yet!

Vince certainly liked being so macho and in charge. He picked up a greatsword and began cockily swinging at the dummies, balancing the heavy blade with grace and force, clanging off of the metallic armored dummies with ease, swishing past them left and right, putting his muscles to good use.
Chloe just gave the others a look like 'can you believe him?' Maybe it's just because they're siblings. Do the others think this is okay? She shook her head and pulled back on the bowstring, firing some of the arrows at set up targets. It took a few shots but she was getting better! She then looked at Raijah and thought about what Peter said as time passed. "Hey...Raijah, mind if I give the daggers a try and we trade?" She asked him curiously. Versatility sounded good did it not?

Andero cracked his cane again and commanded Thralls to accompany them out of the castle. Time to properly show the world how it's done!! Oh the slaves he could gather in this society!
---
Hearty breakfast was the perfect start to any day. Braxton had already changed into something more suitable yet not suitable. His attire looked as if he were going to work out in a country club. Keeping up that clean appearance while also looking ready to get some work done. If anything he was more afraid his glasses may get scratched. He has a backup pair upstairs in his bedroom but he would rather not have to use them. No matter what someones opinion of him may be it was clear that if something happened to his glasses it wouldn't be very fun. Braxton had thought about getting contact lenses though a set of frames on his face just looked better. He walked outside as everybody was ready, Peter having set up the course. He looked at the newcomers. Interesting to see how they will fair in training.
"Typical, warrior taking command in place of Ascelin," he commented once Vince had began barking practice orders at everybody. While a warrior did retain this ability he didn't personally care for Vince just yet. He would comply nonetheless.

Braxton had picked up one of the staves laid out for him and gave it a steady twirl, getting a eel for the rod within his grasp. A mages best tool is a handy staff, after all. That and a clear/strong-willed mind. "Get used to it, Chloe. From the moment you and he arrived I could tell at least one of you would overstep a bound. Even if it's his right," Braxton said, slightly agreeing yet also making himself opposed to her. No matter what side he was on in any argument he always sounded like a third party for himself.
At least Peter tried being a Guardian, whereas Vince was too ready to take on his job as a warrior. "Charming. Maybe Mellany will see how cold magic is properly done?" Braxton wondered out loud when suggested they use one another power. Magic is universal, but they had their preferences. Human nature.

The mage distanced himself from the others a tad and displayed his talent. He created a glyph on the ground and expertly crafted a blizzard around him, dispersing the cold into thin air circularly around him. Followed by a couple of simple swirls and twirls of his staff, getting that melee practice in as well. He jolted his staff forward, conjuring a burst of snow from the tip, swinging it back around in lightning for his comfort. All while not interfering with anyone else.

Lusa followed Andero, the Revenant, and the Thralls to the mortal world. Pesky sunlight was going to be a bother though. The light was so blinding, unlike the gentle light of the moon. At least one could gaze upon its beauty without going blind! Urla, for one, was like the sun. Stare at her too long, and you'd go blind for sure! Stare at Lusa, and nothing will happen. Just don't be a creeper or she'll make you suffer!
---
A good breakfast was a good start of the day. An absolutely delicious breakfast? That's even better! After breakfast, Mellany changed into something more suited for working out. Shorts and a tank top were perfect to her! Raijah... he didn't really change into anything else. Any outfit was good for him to train in. After all, back on the island he also didn't have a separate set of clothes to hunt in. Why would anyone do that, anyway? Clothes were meant to be practical. They had to keep you cool when it's warm, warm when it's cold, and you had to be able to do your daily tasks in it. Mellany rolled her shoulders and glanced at everyone else before taking a look at what Peter had set up for them all. Not even two moments later, Vince already started ordering everyone around as if he owned the place. Granted, the warrior was technically in charge when Ascelin wasn't around... but Mellany wasn't eager to take orders from a newcomer who had yet to prove himself. Sure, the recent fight was a good beginning, but... he hadn't earned her respect yet. She wouldn't go against him, but judging by Braxton's and Chloes reaction... she wasn't the only one who didn't quite agree on Vince just taking lead like this.

It would seem Raijah was the only one to not really have a problem with Vince taking charge. It's just a natural part of the hierarchy, isn't it? the order of things the way they should be. Same as with how you'd have to listen to the Chieftains son even if he were younger than you and you were more experienced. Not that Raijah had experience with swords... But he did understand the whole idea here. Raijah picked up the daggers, practicing sweeps and slashes at the dummies. He moved gracefully, sometimes slashing with both daggers at once in the same direction, going for X slashes, or slashing with one dagger at the time, but rapidly after one another. He took calm and deep breaths as he practiced, almost as if his attacks were a dance of sorts. But when Chloe asked to switch, he complied and gave her the daggers. The primal hunter didn't take Chloe's bow, however. He picked up another one. A bow that required more strength to pull. He wouldn't want to risk accidentally snapping this other bow in half by pulling on the string too hard.

Meanwhile Mellany had picked up another staff, sweeping it around, tossing it from her one hand to her other. This staff felt perfect. The weight, the material and shape. Just perfect! She glanced over at Braxton and watched how he created an oh-so-perfect blizzard with snow and everything. She scoffed. "Showoff..." she muttered under her breath. Really, he just loooooooved to show how he was superior to her in every way possible, didn't he? Someone ought to knock him down a peg or two. Mellany shook her head and focused, creating a glyph to summon a small wall of thunderbolts in front of her. If she didn't keep her hair in a tight ponytail, the static would have it poking in every direction now. Though to didn't feel wrong to use lightning magic and show she wasn't inept, Mellany eagerly switched back to cold.

Conversion among the Knights as follows. In every generation each Knight has had their specialties but knew of other ways to fight. In a pinch it always helped knowing other ways to practice your skill and test your metal. It is important that the mages harness one another's elements, that the rogues split their techniques, and that the warrior be trained with both a greatsword and a shield. But Vince is a stubborn one in this case. Charming as can be but stubborn as a rock. He is supposed to lead in place of the King and this is his foundation?

Peter stood off to the side by the weapon rack he put out, polishing a metal shield brought out for Vince to train with. But it seems as though it is a waste to have it here, as well as the longsword. He admired the mages at least performing well. One better than the other it seemed...that one being a showoff in his right.
Rogues?
Chloe accepted the daggers from Raijah and watched as he picked a different bow. She had to get a feel for them in her hands. Different for sure. In a way they were like cheer batons...pom-poms if she wanted to get crazy here. Her limited archery training from the past worked enough, so may cheer tactics can help here? She wasn't a fan of how the metal made her hands smell like that nasty metal smell. Gross...And how does she already have dirt on her??? She brought out with her a lightweight plaid buttonup to match her outfit for working out in. She put it on and left it open for comfort. She had to look cute.
"Alright. So I swing them like he did...or jab them...or twirl them?" She asked herself and twirled the daggers like batons...and dropped them like batons. Oops. She's learning still, it would appear. Picking them back up she approached a dummy and tried mimicking what she saw Raijah do with them...but she still sort of used them like cheer batons. Valley girl plus jungle boy equals funny looking fighting.

Ever the warrior Vince remained apart from everyone to give his blade space to be swung around. The heavy steel piece really pushed his muscles to the limit. And leg day is supposed to suck? In all his years of backyard practice and being passed of as a crazy person by his sister he had never experienced this before. Actually with those he is meant to be around. People who don't look at him funny for playing with a sword! He knew the two hander was his thing and that he would have to use something else on top of it, but he personally saw no point. In his mind if he was good at something he should focus on sharpening that skill alone. He swung it heavy and hard, kicking it up for more balance and strength.
Stallion still disapproved from where he stood, trotting with the other Mounts. "What a collection this time around. That warrior is giving me a hard time already," he said to the animals. Wildcat nodded and licked the back of her paw. "You mean to say he's a prat?" Straight forward. Stallion nodded to her. "I am only saying the rest of you seem to have something to at least like about your counterparts. I...am at a loss," said the horse. This warrior threw him for a loop.

A fine display of his talent only met with a snarky comment. Braxton sighed and shook his head, further displaying his magical ability and creating a wisp of light before him and lifting it over his head like a halo of light. He reached up toward it and simply tapped it like a computer key to spark a soft rain of snow from above him. Within mere moments Braxton had created his own personal snowy delight. Chilly to counteract the warmth outside and cool off a tad. "One may say show off, others may say adept," he commented to the white mage. Silly girl.
Speaking of silly girl; that cheer leaders dagger work could really use some work. "Not exactly finesse with this, are you?" He said to her, but really only to himself. So a self-said comment directed at another? But even he could cut her some slack for being basically brand new. He isn't that full of crap. He diverted attention from her and focused on his staff once more. Essence of winter and storm bled through the shaft of the weapon as gracefully as a stream in summer time. No need for fancy magic displays when he can just get a feel for the magic and harness it on a controlling level first. That warrior was a real treat, alright. While Braxton was performing his meditation to perfect his power he'd already thought of another handful of remarks to aim at him. But he postulated that would only be more immature. Like Mellany. And why would he stoop to such lows? Literally. She's short.

Wolf panted rapidly after training--or playing--with a branch he had found earlier after his morning feed. Like any dog this was a great honor! Stick! "I mean sure he's a bit arrogant and all but aren't all warriors?" asked the wolf. "Wait that sounds bad. But sort of true. Hey do I smell bacon???" There he goes being all scattered. The dug around while Wildcat made her comment and Stallion came to his realization, rolling around in the dirt and feeling his environment. He thought about it for a second. There was apparently a fork in the road with the horse and his Knight. Wolf could at least say he respected his mage. Braxton was arrogant as well, but he was smart and he did look after the Mounts when it was his turn so well! He always feeds them just the right amount! That's good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back