• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Postmodern fantasy thriller/horror - 2 current cravings

poppet

They say I'm caught up in a dream
CRAVING #1 - I recently read a twisted version of Alice in Wonderland that I thought was intense and awesome. I want to build our own characters in a somewhat similar setting; Real magicians (or wizards, warlocks, whatever suits us best) have all but been hunted down and done away with. A "new city" is built, free of magics and the horrors that come with it. It's virtually a utopia, and only the extremely wealthy have gone on to live there. A forest, then a great poisonous (toxic waste) river divide the new city from the old, and on the other side, another strange forest drags on before revealing a dark and seemingly centuries-old city. It's currently at war with itself, the Carpenter, the Walrus, the Hatter, the Cheshire and the Caterpillar all fighting against each other for territory. They are all human enough, supposedly, with "quirks" relating to their nicknames.

A legend is told in the old city about the two greatest magicians of all time. Once brothers, one of whom using his magic for good, and the other, while starting out that way... Became at odds when one of them became power hungry, dabbling in dark magic. The good brother had to seal away the bad one forever, though having to give his own life in the process as his brother truly was too powerful. The brother sealed away, is known as the Jabberwocky. If ever released, he will only bring death and destruction to both cities, and the world, consuming blood as sustenance.

My character "Alice", comes from the new city. She'd known nothing of the horrors or strange other-worldly things that lay beyond the river, but she wanted to, foolishly. Her "best friend" sold her there, but she escaped somehow. Now she wakes up in an asylum on the outskirts of the new city, overlooking the putrid river (chemical waste of the new city), and seeing the crumbling buildings that disappear into an eerie fog beyond the forest on the other side. It's also possible if easier for her to have escaped in a fire from the asylum as the story starts.

CRAVING #2 - *FILLED* A dark/twisted fantasy story based on a dream that I had. I used to have the dream written out here, but I think I'll just get right down to what I want. My character, who I already have made and have used in another adult play, is female. She's a guardian, which is something like an angel but much different with the ability to be dark, with the job of killing off supernatural beings who are 'throwing off the balance'. The story starts out with her running from some kind of monster. At the time, she doesn't know she's a guardian. A vampire or vampire-like creature comes along and kills the monster, saving her BUT he's not exactly a good guy. In fact, he's really not a good guy at all, taking pleasure in others' misfortunes and pains and killing other beings without remorse.

He's going to kill my character as well, but for some reason, doesn't. Perhaps he sees that there's more to her, though he doesn't know what, and is curious to find out. So, in sparing her, he keeps her. He uses her to get his blood fixes, finding that her blood is something like a drug, where they both realize that in his feedings, she can see into his mind and feel his feelings. While he keeps her around and doesn't allow her freedoms, he's also trying to figure out what she is, all the while she's trying to understand him and change his evil ways.

They become attached to each other in a dark and twisted way and slowly throughout the story, my character's powers begin to develop for various reasons. (They end up in sticky situations, etc.) Eventually, her kind, who has been after her since her birth, find her. We learn what she is and what her purpose is. She's then given her mission to kill, none other than, your character. She refuses, and tries to kill them, for which they remove (a painful experience) her wings. Over some time, our characters will realize that she still has her powers.

The actual storyline as to what they do together, be it travel, live in another realm, are on some sort of mission he has, etc. Is totally up for discussion. Most things are up for discussion as this is a story I want to create with you, not have it entirely mine.

CRAVING #3 - So I was watching the newest version of Scooby Doo, it's called Mystery Incorporated. I'm loving it. It's totally dark, and the character development is awesome, and each mystery is a part of one giant mystery and it's put together so well, I love it. I'd love to have a story with either a pair or even a group (where we would each take on multiple characters) who solves mysteries, though they're much darker than the original Scooby Doo mysteries, where the ghouls are real, etc.

I'd love lots of mystery and suspense and action in this. In MI, Fred's traps always worked, and he and Daphne developed a real relationship, as did Velma and Shaggy. It was a neat little show. Anyway! If you're interested in putting something together with either the original gang (or a pair) or OC's that's loosely based on Mystery Incorporated/Scooby Doo, let me know! No previous knowledge or viewing of the show is necessary in the least!

Last edited:
I am very intrigued. Perhaps my character is the conniving man that is "friends" with all five territory rulers. I also have some other ideas for him, but the biggest one would be a spoiler.

I've got some spoilers, too. ^_^ I do have to add that I'm available to post totally randomly. Sometimes I can be here throughout a day and sometimes I'll be gone a couple of days. My RL is busy enough but sometimes I just need a day away from tech.

I've got some spoilers, too. ^_^ I do have to add that I'm available to post totally randomly. Sometimes I can be here throughout a day and sometimes I'll be gone a couple of days. My RL is busy enough but sometimes I just need a day away from tech.
I definitely understand. My posting rate generally depends on my muse and how busy I am. I do try to post a minimum of one well thought-out, detailed post per week in order to keep things going. If you're okay with me as a partner, feel free to shoot me a PM! I'd be happy to continue our conversation from there. :)

Poppy is still looking to add a story if anyone else is interested. ^_^ I could also make this a group, but they fall off so easily, I don't know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back