• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Post-Apocalyptic Biopunk - One on One Partner Search

EldritchEntity

Sporadic replies.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello There

To start off this thread, this roleplay will contain mature themes for at least some point. Now let's get familiar with Biopunk.

Genre:
Biopunk (a portmanteau of "biotechnology" or "biology" and "punk") is a subgenre of science fiction that focuses on biotechnology. It is derived from cyberpunk, but focuses on the implications of biotechnology rather than mechanical cyberware and information technology. Biopunk is concerned with synthetic biology. It is derived of cyberpunk involving bio-hackers, biotech megacorporations, and oppressive government agencies that manipulate human DNA. Most often keeping with the dark atmosphere of cyberpunk, biopunk generally examines the dark side of genetic engineering and represents the low side of biotechnology.
If you're familiar with sci-fi and cyberpunk, then it will be easy to get to know this sub-genre.
Click/Tap for better resolution.
1000000488.jpg1000000489.jpg1000000487.jpg

Info For Writing:
I usually write and am looking for a partner that writes somewhere around 1-2 paragraphs (short-medium is fine, and more is always welcome!), but there is no pressure, and I understand (and get!) writers block all the time. As long as there are no one liners, all is well.

World building this would be awesome, so put thought into the details. Descriptive writing is also important for this.

Plot:
I would like to discuss the plot together, and keep an ooc chat as well for discussing various points and such (and even just for general stuff)

Here's the idea I have to start with (It's more of a setting):

The world is set in a post-apocalyptic time, after a corrupt mega-corporation unleashed their biotechnological experiments into the world as an army to take control (cliche, I know). Now the cities are controlled by them, and those who conform with the new order are 'safe.' However there are many that would rather die than live in a dictatorship, so colonies were formed in the desolate countryside.

The land is hard to live off of, as the bio-army brought much war and desolation, as well as many new artificial diseases, killing off a lot of the local flora and fauna, as well as wildlife. Many mutations have also taken hold, for example some are capable of making your common deer a carnivorous predator, and ruining the ability for one to take advantage of them for survival.

Almost all of the survivors have rejected any form of bio-experimentation, and will kill any on sight (especially due to most being spies, assassins, or soldiers.) And even those who have gotten body before said events (those would be very old people as the world has been this land has been this way for quite some time now.) and those who have needed mods to save their lives have a hard time being accepted into colonies. If the modifications are extreme, consider yourself dead.

Unfortunately for many poor victims, there are still illegal experimentations going on by amateur gangs and branches of the corporations, as well as no laws protecting those deemed convicts from being used in any way. There are regular jail-breaks and breaches from these places, but the people never get far.

Similar ideas are the walking dead, mad max, and bioshock. (I haven't watched/played these, but I understand them well)

End Notes:
You can play whatever character you wish! Your role can range from scientists to colonist, even to experiment. Be creative!

The OC I have in mind is a female experiment, she can have broken out or still be in captivity depending on the plot. I am very flexible.

I like to roleplay through PMs as well.

If you are still interested, thanks for sticking around and reading this( I know it was a lot). Send me a PM!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back