PokeTown/Advice Needed

Pastel Yosuke

open up your heart

Pokemon Roleplay - Sandbox - Slice-of-Life

Summary so far:

PokeTown is a sandbox pokemon roleplay, taking place in the small province of Nex. Nex is a mostly rural and peaceful area, with rolling hills, small forests inhabited by many different types of pokemon, and farms as well as ranches all around. Due to the terrain, and peaceful atmosphere of Nex, most here are farmers, artisans, merchants and ranchers, or other occupations that will be detailed later on. The climate of Nex changes with the seasons. Winters may be frigid while summers may be scorching, but these are merely extremes. Nex has three main towns, but many other ranches and farms outside of the towns.

Pokemon Ranch is an easygoing sandbox roleplay. There are several main features, usually depending on occupations. The location is mostly stationary, making it more of a slice-of-life roleplay. Your character's life in Pokemon Ranch may depend on their occupation.

The main town is the town of Ventuswill is nestled in between several large hills, close to a nearby forest.

Yet, as of late, trouble has been stirring in Nyx. A wide influx of Butterfree, Vivillion, and Beautifly have been acting up, mostly close to one of the borders close to the forest. No one has dared follow them yet, though. Yet, the problem seems that it will persist until it is solved...

Alongside these current problems, various shifty figures have been appearing, and the crime rate has been going up.

----

Occupations

Each occupation has a limit on how many there can be in this RP.

The occupations are as followed:

Pokemon Breeder/Rancher [7] - Every breeder gets registered in the Rancher Society, an organization which is akin to the Pokemon League, only for breeders. Through the Rancher Society, trainers and breeders can get in touch with each other. Breeders may even hold conventions or events or competitions to promote pokemon breeding. Every breeder, after getting a license, will be given their own ranch, which is free to be named. Breeders may get a maximum of three eggs from one pairing. If they do get three eggs from one pairing, then the mother of those eggs cannot be bred again for two weeks. Eggs hatch after four days.

Pokemon breeders, if they become ranchers, may also grow a variety of plants and berries as well.

Professors [3] - Pokemon Professors are experts on Pokemon. Some study mega evolution, some study eggs and the methods of breeding, but many study almost everything there is to know about Pokemon. Pokemon Professors require an immense amount of memory.

Inn Owners [1] - The Inn Owner is among the most responsible and diligent people around. They'll need to be prudent with managing funds and they'll need to be able to think up advertisements in order to draw customers into their inns.

Mayor [1] - Ventuswill has a respective mayor that oversees legislation and building projects, as well as other issues. Mayors have a lot of responsibility, and need to have an immense amount of time on their hands.

Rangers [5] - Pokemon Rangers have up to three Pokemon that they partner up with. Rangers are in charge of calming and controlling wild pokemon to help solve all sorts of problems across Nex. They operate out of the Ranger Union, which is based in one of the towns. Rangers use a tool called Capture Stylers, which are uses as energy lassos. There are two lassos which can be used by Capture Stylers. The subdue lasso is to capture pokemon, while the calm lasso is to ease a stressed pokemon's nerves.

Farmers [2] - Farmers may raise a couple of pokemon, but their priorities are with growing various foods and berries, for both people and pokemon.

General Store Owner [1] - Runs the general store in the town.

Entertainers [3] - Entertainers are mostly street performers. They can play an instrument, sing, dance, and do a number of things in order to attract attention and to earn money.

Artist [2] - Artists have a knack for creativity. They may be painters, sculptors or anything of the sort.

----

Festivals

Festivals may happen multiple times a month, depending on how the mayor chooses to schedule them. There are various types of festivals. There's a Cooking Contest, a Fishing Contest, and each season there is a harvest festival for farmers or even ordinary people. All festivals run from noon until evening.

----

Money/Mode System

Everyone starts out with 300 Pokédollars, or Poké for short. Poké can be earned by catching pokemon, successfully breeding pokemon, taking part in festivals, but most of all, money can simply be earned by making posts.

There will be different post
modes. Regular mode posts will earn 10 Poké per post. Quest Mode or Plot Mode is a mode that can be activated by taking part in plot-relevant events, or for those unable to be there, taking part in different tasks called quests. Quests can be anything from simple errands, to battling and capturing those who commit crimes. Plot Mode posts will get 50 Poké per post, while Quest Mode posts depend on the difficulty of the quest.

Items can be bought with Poké.

• Pokeball - 20

Luxury Ball - 10

Ultra Ball - 70

Masterball - 100

Repel - 15

Escape Rope - 30

Last edited by a moderator:
-rubs hands together-

Yooou are going to need Nurse Jennys and Officer Joys, maybe a professor or researcher of some sort.

Hi! I'm a sucker for Pokemon settings. Ignore the fact that I'm a mod, that doesn't mean all my ideas will automatically be good.

You might want to consider non-Pokemon related jobs too, such as farmers and fishermen and the guy who stands behind the counter of the Pokemart. For money, I'd suggest lifting the item prices directly from the latest game, give each player the same (low) base amount of starting money, and have then roll a die to randomly determine an additional amount.

//complex

Yes!! I was considering jobs like merchants, artisans, etc.

But I'll need other Pokemon related jobs since trainers won't be included. So I'm planning to include rangers.

I think you should add in some kind of plot. Right now, it seems like there is just a small community with people raising Pokemon. I don't see a whole lot of room for character interaction. Perhaps there is some legendary Pokemon coming to cause destruction or the Pokemon stereotypical archetype, evil organization.

As far as occupation, there could be entertainers. They could be like street performers, or even have a circus act of sorts.

So, you seem to be going for an old-timey sort of feel here. Would I be right?

Rangers would be a good idea. Maybe contest peeps? Perhaps there is a Pokemon version of a state fair coming up, and everyone is trying to make sure they have the prettiest, strongest Pokemon. Maybe the winner gets to be published in a big magazine or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back