• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon: The Underdogs

What Region Should We Start In?

• Kanto

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Kalos

• Hoenn

• Unova

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Arael

Resident Old Guy
RVmKMBnTSqC1FbTnCyAA_IMG_5701.GIF

Ah welcome, I didn't hear you come in; please, take a seat we have much to discuss.

I suppose you're expecting a warm welcome from a botanical professor with an inessential field of study. That however is not the case this time, if you're here then I'm afraid that means you are just like me: an outcast, not necessarily evil well at least not yet; or you're unaware of it. The darkness that lurks deep below the surface.

But enough of that; You want to know what this is all about.

I'm tired of history being written by the "good guys" I think it's about time we wrote our own chapter in the history books but unlike the fools before us we'll have a plan, and we'll do whatever we need to in order to eliminate anyone that gets in our way. Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, Plasma, and Flare were led by a bunch of power hungry old men who were in over their heads; announcing their plans to the public, running around like a Farfetche'd with its head cut off, and ultimately being beaten by children with no more experience than us!

I've had enough of it; no more watching from the sidelines or hiding in the shadows, it's time we took what was rightfully ours. I know you're fed up, I can see it in your eyes..so why not join me? you'll be starting your adventure soon so why bother umping through hoops for a professor? or wasting time on gym leaders? We can take whatever we want from whoever we want and no one could stand in our way!

Besides with your skill set I'm sure we'll go far and surpass all those that cam before us! I'll lead you to fame, fortune, freedom! or is it simply power that you desire? whatever the case may be we can help each other reach those goals and recruit others who share that same ideal! But of course if you join now I'll grant you the title Admin and you will be my right hands, my eyes and ears, my family.

Judging by the look in your eyes and the fact that you haven't left means that you've made up your mind and I take it that the answer is yes.

Welcome to The Renegade
Bad ass Team Theme
But before we can make it official there are....some ground rules.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and if you read through all of that then you probably got the run down on this RP. It will not be told from the heroes perspective like normal but from the villains- well up and coming villains that is; It's a fairly simple yet difficult idea to pull off as most of our characters will be the bullies or have been bullied and simply seek companionship among this group of misfits but they all are evil to some degree.

I want this to be a slightly detailed Rp (at least a paragraph, passable grammar, and no text talk) with major character development, I will try to have individual Arcs for us all. The age range for characters will be 15-17 since I want their ideals to be somewhat mature and not just "I WaNnA TaKe oVeR tHe WoRLd" or "lEt'S fLoOd tHe EaRtH" romance is also invited, not necessary but possible, Aside from trying to figure out their main goal it will be a very light-hearted Rp with a lot of room for comedic relief and dare I say....cute moments, they are teens after all so it should be fun to see how they all turn out especially with their parents often checking up on them.

The plot is simple and the complete opposite of what we would usually be doing: Be the very worst and destroy the world or a very small Island at best.

The story also takes place after the events of the Ultra Sun and Moon timeline, The region (listed in the poll)will be up to you guys but of course I am open to the idea of traveling to the others as long as it fits into the story.

Being an amateur evil team will have it's ups and downs for our characters. One being remaining discrete while slowly building their notoriety and recruiting others to join their cause.

A benefit would be catching Pokemon is no longer "Necessary" if the opportunity ever arises a character will be able to rob a trainer weaker than them in order to steal a Pokemon, or if you're bold enough we could pull off a heist on a Pokemon center or daycare. However if a trainer is stronger than you there is a chance of you being beaten and turned in to the authorities which could lead to more trouble for the team so keep that in mind.

Gym battles aren't a big part of our journey but if you feel compelled to battle one you may, same goes for contest and all the sort. I will also be using Pokemon showdown as a battle simulator (it's a free web based simulator- no download required) if anyone wishes to battle with characters or Gym leaders, Elite 4 members who I will battle as to speed up the process

You may have any starter you wish as long as it's in the base form and not legendary or pseudo- Larvitar, Dratini etc... if you are unsure or have any questions feel free to message me.

I will only be accepting 3-4 other people for this Rp so it will either be first come first serve or I will research t see if your writing style is up to par with what I'm looking for.

The Leader: Taken by yours truly
The Second in command: Taken By True Blue Flannel True Blue Flannel
The Brain/Hacker: Taken By Webs Elk Webs Elk

The Con Artist: Taken By . D O V E . D O V E
The Muscle: M Metalgeardude

Attachments

• Anarchy.png
    Anarchy.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Playing the music before reading the plot is awesome!
This seems like my cup of tea.

Interested for the con artist >: 3

Interested in second in command, also this is a suggestion if you get a few more people like 6 can you do a mini good guys team. If I'm accepted can my starter be Lucario

Last edited:
I plan to keep it as a small group, simply because I find that the more people involved the longer it takes depending on everyone's IRL scheduled. And Rps tend to die faster in large groups especially if people just drop or stop responding.

Also the whole point of this is just to follow our characters, we want to take the spotlight away from the heroes not share it with them. It give us a chance to play an uncommon role in the Pokemon world, In a twisted way we are the heroes; but as for "good guys" Law enforcement (Looker), Gym Leaders, and Other trainers and professors may feel inclined to stop us.

As for starters I covered this topic above if you read the post all the way through. "You may have any pokemon as long as it is in its base form, with the exception of pseudo legends and legendary pokemon."

For example. If you want Lucario it would have to be in its base form which is Riolu and you could evolve it later on once you form a stronger bond.
If I wanted an Aggron I would have to use Aron its base form. Pokemon like Absol, Spinda, and Chatot who only have one form are also up for grabs.

Now with all that being said would you be able to meet the detailed requirements for this Rp? I don't mean to come off as rude but the fact that you asked a question that I previously answered just set off red flags for me.

True Blue Flannel True Blue Flannel

Sorry, my head is messed up a bit today, I spent all night writing an essay, plus it's been so long since I have played Pokemon . I could meet the requirements of passable grammar and the paragraph length requirement . If I am accepted would you like me to put a cs here, or will you make a seperate thread.

Also, just curious

Is the scene above the meeting between the leader and the second in command?

Lol no it's not, it's areal considering to accept me
???

I was talking about this
Ah welcome, I didn't hear you come in; please, take a seat we have much to discuss.

I suppose you're expecting a warm welcome from a botanical professor with an inessential field of study. That however is not the case this time, if you're here then I'm afraid that means you are just like me: an outcast, not necessarily evil well at least not yet; or you're unaware of it. The darkness that lurks deep below the surface.

But enough of that; You want to know what this is all about.

I'm tired of history being written by the "good guys" I think it's about time we wrote our own chapter in the history books but unlike the fools before us we'll have a plan, and we'll do whatever we need to in order to eliminate anyone that gets in our way. Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, Plasma, and Flare were led by a bunch of power hungry old men who were in over their heads; announcing their plans to the public, running around like a Farfetche'd with its head cut off, and ultimately being beaten by children with no more experience than us!

I've had enough of it; no more watching from the sidelines or hiding in the shadows, it's time we took what was rightfully ours. I know you're fed up, I can see it in your eyes..so why not join me? you'll be starting your adventure soon so why bother umping through hoops for a professor? or wasting time on gym leaders? We can take whatever we want from whoever we want and no one could stand in our way!

Besides with your skill set I'm sure we'll go far and surpass all those that cam before us! I'll lead you to fame, fortune, freedom! or is it simply power that you desire? whatever the case may be we can help each other reach those goals and recruit others who share that same ideal! But of course if you join now I'll grant you the title Admin and you will be my right hands, my eyes and ears, my family.

Judging by the look in your eyes and the fact that you haven't left means that you've made up your mind and I take it that the answer is yes.

Webs Elk Webs Elk The position is yours, and the scene above is a meeting between the leader and all the Admins (your characters) I apologize for any confusion

True Blue Flannel True Blue Flannel If you can meet the requirements then the position is yours, I'll start working on the CS thread now so we can get moving.

If you all have any questions please feel free to pm me or ask here.

ahhhh just missed it. bummer. stellar idea, if you ever get an opening please let me know! would love to help cause some trouble.

Sorry guys I'm wrapping up the CS now, I got pulled away from it yesterday. But in the meantime would you guys rather start in Unova, Kalos, or Sinnoh?

norway norway If you're interested I can come up with a role for you.

Alright guys here's the CS, It's nothing major since I wanna start soon and our characters will probably change along the way as well, be it for better or worse.

The Contracts

norway norway How about the dealer? you help the con artist set up black market sales and cons and you also help the leader run the teams black market business trades

Alright guys here's the CS, It's nothing major since I wanna start soon and our characters will probably change along the way as well, be it for better or worse.

The Contracts

norway norway How about the dealer? you help the con artist set up black market sales and cons and you also help the leader run the teams black market business trades
Haha, okay. i think that'll work.

So I see that "the muscle" is still open at the top... if I applied could I get that one?

Webs Elk Webs Elk Hey, I don't wanna rush you but do you think you'd be able to have your CS up soon so we could begin?

Aidin Aidin and Vesuvius Vesuvius Sorry guys, the position was already filled, I just forgot to mark it down. But if anything opens up which may happen I'll try to keep you both in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back