• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon: The Underdogs (Reboot)- Closed 5/5

Arael

Resident Old Guy
RVmKMBnTSqC1FbTnCyAA_IMG_5701.GIF

Ah welcome, I didn't hear you come in; please, take a seat we have much to discuss.

I suppose you're expecting a warm welcome from a botanical professor with an inessential field of study. That, however, is not the case this time, if you're here then I'm afraid that means you are just like me: an outcast, not necessarily evil well at least not yet; or you're unaware of it. The darkness that lurks deep below the surface.

But enough of that; You want to know what this is all about.

I'm tired of history being written by the "good guys" I think it's about time we wrote our own chapter in the history books but unlike the fools before us we'll have a plan, and we'll do whatever we need to in order to eliminate anyone that gets in our way. Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, Plasma, and Flare were led by a bunch of power hungry old men who were in over their heads; announcing their plans to the public, running around like a Farfetche'd with its head cut off, and ultimately being beaten by children with no more experience than us!

I've had enough of it; no more watching from the sidelines or hiding in the shadows, it's time we took what was rightfully ours. I know you're fed up, I can see it in your eyes..so why not join me? you'll be starting your adventure soon so why bother jumping through hoops for a professor? or wasting time on gym leaders? We can take whatever we want from whoever we want and no one could stand in our way!

Besides with your skill set I'm sure we'll go far and surpass all those that came before us! I'll lead you to fame, fortune, freedom! or is it simply power that you desire? whatever the case may be we can help each other reach those goals and recruit others who share that same ideal! But of course if you join now I'll grant you the title Admin and you will be my right hands, my eyes, and ears, my family.

Judging by the look in your eyes and the fact that you haven't left means that you've made up your mind and I take it that the answer is yes.

Welcome to The Renegade
Bad ass Team Theme
But before we can make it official there are....some ground rules.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and if you read through all of that then you probably got the rundown on this RP. It will not be told from the heroes perspective like normal but from the villains- well up and coming villains that is; It's a fairly simple yet difficult idea to pull off as most of our characters will be the bullies or have been bullied and simply seek companionship among this group of misfits but they all are evil to some degree.

I want this to be a slightly detailed Rp (at least a paragraph, passable grammar, and no text talk) with major character development, I will try to have individual Arcs for us all. The age range for characters will be 15-17 since I want their ideals to be somewhat mature and not just "I WaNnA TaKe oVeR tHe WoRLd" or "lEt'S fLoOd tHe EaRtH" romance is also invited, not necessary but possible, Aside from trying to figure out their main goal it will be a very light-hearted Rp with a lot of room for comedic relief and dare I say....cute moments, they are teens after all so it should be fun to see how they all turn out especially with their parents often checking up on them.

The plot is simple and the complete opposite of what we would usually be doing: Be the very worst and destroy the world or a very small Island at best.I'm thinking of a plot that involves the international police but it's still in the works right now so we'll be freelancing until I find a nice spot to push the plot.

The story also takes place after the events of the Ultra Sun and Moon timeline, The we'll be starting in is no other than Kalos but of course, I am open to the idea of traveling to the others as long as it fits into the story.

Being an amateur evil team will have its ups and downs for our characters. One being remaining discrete while slowly building their notoriety and recruiting others to join their cause.

A benefit would be catching Pokemon is no longer "Necessary" if the opportunity ever arises a character will be able to rob a trainer weaker than them in order to steal a Pokemon, or if you're bold enough we could pull off a heist on a Pokemon center or daycare. However, if a trainer is stronger than you there is a chance of you being beaten and turned in to the authorities which could lead to more trouble for the team so keep that in mind.

Gym battles aren't a big part of our journey but if you feel compelled to battle one you may, same goes for the contest and all the sort. I will also be using Pokemon showdown as a battle simulator (it's a free web-based simulator- no download required) if anyone wishes to battle with characters or Gym leaders, Elite 4 members who I will battle as to speed up the process

You may have any starter you wish as long as it's in the base form and not legendary or pseudo- Larvitar, Dratini etc... if you are unsure or have any questions feel free to message me.

I will only be accepting 3 other people for this Rp so it will either be first come first serve or I will research t see if your writing style is up to par with what I'm looking for.

The Leader: Taken by yours truly
The Second in command: Grimmbae Grimmbae
The Brain/Hacker: Nico Nico
The Con Artist: velleity velleity
The Muscle: Noivian Noivian

This will be a semi-literate rp, that being said I am expecting detail meaning at least 1-2 paragraphs at the minimum for a post.
This is also a pretty mature rp so characters will at least be in their late teens but no older than 21 and no younger than 15.
No champions, ex-villains, or any crazy ass OC's- you know the deal.
I'd also like a writing sample just to make sure you can meet my standards.
Re-stating this because I've learned some people won't even read the rules they just see the title and go "Interested" then drop when I tell them what's expected even though they should have read. But I'll get off my soapbox and hopefully, I can round up three amazing individuals. I don't bite I promise, I'm just tired of having rps set up just to have them fall flat.

Also I should also mention this is going to be pretty dark, a bit of violence so just be ready for that okay? :angel3:

Last edited:
I read through everything, and this looks fairly solid! I have to say I am genuinely interested (especially with the possibility of dark themes).
The only things I ask is

1. How often we would have to post. I may have overlooked that if you said it and I apologize. I am working on my own project, as well as having to deal with school. I should be able to respond most days though.

2. Are there going to be character sheets?

Another thing is that I may not know what to say, or have trouble responding. What should I do if this happens?

Writing Sample:

The dark night set a cold feeling down on the red-haired boy. The Winter air dried out his throat quite quickly, but he stood his ground. His eyes scanned the small town. A few dim orange lights could be seen in some of the houses on the hills, but other than that it was silent. Or at least it was thought to be... The trees had lost their leaf, however, due to the silky black that obscured the boy's vision he was unable to see anything if they hid in the tall and sturdy trees. The air was suddenly hot as the snapping sound was heard and an explosion erupted.

Debris flew over the redhead as screams sounded from the town below. The shock came over him, but he tried to shake it off as he ran down to the village, praying, begging that maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked. Oh, how wrong he was. The smell of burnt flesh and wood filled his nostrils as the fires seemed to grow hotter, and stronger. He let out a weak cough, tears brimming in his eyes from the smoke. Slowly his vision began to fade as he refused to leave the burning wreckage that was once his home. The last thing he felt aside from the burning on him from the flames licking his face, was a tug on the shoulder.
-
I hope that was good. I am willing to take constructive criticism and it'd be greatly appreciated if I was able to get some on this sample.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm glad your interested and I don't believe that I covered post requirements so that one is on me. I would ask at the very least maybe two or three a week just to keep the ball rolling, I can understand schooling since I'm in college myself but will be wrapping up very soon so my availability is subject to change in the near future. So posting times are very flexible for me as I understand people have lives outside of this as well.

There will, in fact, be character sheets, I have a few ready I was just waiting to see if I would get any interest before moving on to the next step but I will be sure to add the link to that once I finish up a few things I'm working on which shouldn' take too long. And I will most likely have it up sometime this evening.

If at any time you feel stuck feel free to ask me or any other members for help with inspiration, I myself often get stuck so I can definitely understand this, but just give us a shout if you don't know what you should do next we're all here to help each other out and have fun so just ask if you ever need any help.

Your sample isn't bad honestly, I like that you're trying to give the reader a visual and playing with the senses a bit but I would work on the plurals. And try to simplify the descriptives that way you're not forcing the image but letting the scene unfold in the mind of the reader. Besides all that it's a really good sample, just simple things to work on that we all mess up on occasion. But I'm not too picky I just ask that you be detailed and literate since I absolutely despise one-liners. Just give it time and you'll find yourself growing as a writer the more you're put into a position where a little more is expected than just a standard paragraph, that's how I learned by forcing myself to keep up and eventually it became second nature.

Hey, I'm glad your interested and I don't believe that I covered post requirements so that one is on me. I would ask at the very least maybe two or three a week just to keep the ball rolling, I can understand schooling since I'm in college myself but will be wrapping up very soon so my availability is subject to change in the near future. So posting times are very flexible for me as I understand people have lives outside of this as well.

There will, in fact, be character sheets, I have a few ready I was just waiting to see if I would get any interest before moving on to the next step but I will be sure to add the link to that once I finish up a few things I'm working on which shouldn' take too long. And I will most likely have it up sometime this evening.

If at any time you feel stuck feel free to ask me or any other members for help with inspiration, I myself often get stuck so I can definitely understand this, but just give us a shout if you don't know what you should do next we're all here to help each other out and have fun so just ask if you ever need any help.

Your sample isn't bad honestly, I like that you're trying to give the reader a visual and playing with the senses a bit but I would work on the plurals. And try to simplify the descriptives that way you're not forcing the image but letting the scene unfold in the mind of the reader. Besides all that it's a really good sample, just simple things to work on that we all mess up on occasion. But I'm not too picky I just ask that you be detailed and literate since I absolutely despise one-liners. Just give it time and you'll find yourself growing as a writer the more you're put into a position where a little more is expected than just a standard paragraph, that's how I learned by forcing myself to keep up and eventually it became second nature.

Alright! Thanks for the response, I'll definitely work on my writing though I'm glad it was good. I do have some notification issues, so I may have to be PMd if I don't respond for a long period of time but I should be able to manage to respond that much.

RVmKMBnTSqC1FbTnCyAA_IMG_5701.GIF

Ah welcome, I didn't hear you come in; please, take a seat we have much to discuss.

I suppose you're expecting a warm welcome from a botanical professor with an inessential field of study. That, however, is not the case this time, if you're here then I'm afraid that means you are just like me: an outcast, not necessarily evil well at least not yet; or you're unaware of it. The darkness that lurks deep below the surface.

But enough of that; You want to know what this is all about.

I'm tired of history being written by the "good guys" I think it's about time we wrote our own chapter in the history books but unlike the fools before us we'll have a plan, and we'll do whatever we need to in order to eliminate anyone that gets in our way. Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, Plasma, and Flare were led by a bunch of power hungry old men who were in over their heads; announcing their plans to the public, running around like a Farfetche'd with its head cut off, and ultimately being beaten by children with no more experience than us!

I've had enough of it; no more watching from the sidelines or hiding in the shadows, it's time we took what was rightfully ours. I know you're fed up, I can see it in your eyes..so why not join me? you'll be starting your adventure soon so why bother jumping through hoops for a professor? or wasting time on gym leaders? We can take whatever we want from whoever we want and no one could stand in our way!

Besides with your skill set I'm sure we'll go far and surpass all those that came before us! I'll lead you to fame, fortune, freedom! or is it simply power that you desire? whatever the case may be we can help each other reach those goals and recruit others who share that same ideal! But of course if you join now I'll grant you the title Admin and you will be my right hands, my eyes, and ears, my family.

Judging by the look in your eyes and the fact that you haven't left means that you've made up your mind and I take it that the answer is yes.

Welcome to The Renegade
Bad ass Team Theme
But before we can make it official there are....some ground rules.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and if you read through all of that then you probably got the rundown on this RP. It will not be told from the heroes perspective like normal but from the villains- well up and coming villains that is; It's a fairly simple yet difficult idea to pull off as most of our characters will be the bullies or have been bullied and simply seek companionship among this group of misfits but they all are evil to some degree.

I want this to be a slightly detailed Rp (at least a paragraph, passable grammar, and no text talk) with major character development, I will try to have individual Arcs for us all. The age range for characters will be 15-17 since I want their ideals to be somewhat mature and not just "I WaNnA TaKe oVeR tHe WoRLd" or "lEt'S fLoOd tHe EaRtH" romance is also invited, not necessary but possible, Aside from trying to figure out their main goal it will be a very light-hearted Rp with a lot of room for comedic relief and dare I say....cute moments, they are teens after all so it should be fun to see how they all turn out especially with their parents often checking up on them.

The plot is simple and the complete opposite of what we would usually be doing: Be the very worst and destroy the world or a very small Island at best.I'm thinking of a plot that involves the international police but it's still in the works right now so we'll be freelancing until I find a nice spot to push the plot.

The story also takes place after the events of the Ultra Sun and Moon timeline, The we'll be starting in is no other than Kalos but of course, I am open to the idea of traveling to the others as long as it fits into the story.

Being an amateur evil team will have its ups and downs for our characters. One being remaining discrete while slowly building their notoriety and recruiting others to join their cause.

A benefit would be catching Pokemon is no longer "Necessary" if the opportunity ever arises a character will be able to rob a trainer weaker than them in order to steal a Pokemon, or if you're bold enough we could pull off a heist on a Pokemon center or daycare. However, if a trainer is stronger than you there is a chance of you being beaten and turned in to the authorities which could lead to more trouble for the team so keep that in mind.

Gym battles aren't a big part of our journey but if you feel compelled to battle one you may, same goes for the contest and all the sort. I will also be using Pokemon showdown as a battle simulator (it's a free web-based simulator- no download required) if anyone wishes to battle with characters or Gym leaders, Elite 4 members who I will battle as to speed up the process

You may have any starter you wish as long as it's in the base form and not legendary or pseudo- Larvitar, Dratini etc... if you are unsure or have any questions feel free to message me.

I will only be accepting 3 other people for this Rp so it will either be first come first serve or I will research t see if your writing style is up to par with what I'm looking for.

The Leader: Taken by yours truly
The Second in command:
The Brain/Hacker:
The Con Artist:

This will be a semi-literate rp, that being said I am expecting detail meaning at least 1-2 paragraphs at the minimum for a post.
This is also a pretty mature rp so characters will at least be in their late teens but no older than 21 and no younger than 15.
No champions, ex-villains, or any crazy ass OC's- you know the deal.
I'd also like a writing sample just to make sure you can meet my standards.
Re-stating this because I've learned some people won't even read the rules they just see the title and go "Interested" then drop when I tell them what's expected even though they should have read. But I'll get off my soapbox and hopefully, I can round up three amazing individuals. I don't bite I promise, I'm just tired of having rps set up just to have them fall flat.

Also I should also mention this is going to be pretty dark, a bit of violence so just be ready for that okay? :angel3:
INTERESTED. SO INTERESTED.
I'll PM my writing sample, if that's alright. And I would love to claim the role of the Con Artist if accepted.

Interested in the part of the "Brain/Hacker" If accepted

Sample:

The day was calm and sunny. He liked these days. Over the years he'd honestly gotten used to the loudness of New York, it was numb to him. The plus thing was, he knew the city like the back of his paws. Well most of it anyhow, there were parts he never strayed. However, he knew Manhattan quite well. Today he found himself lounging on the steps to an apartment, kicking his legs on the concrete and humming an off tune song.

He liked people watching. He liked to make up stories of the people passing by, and sometimes he'd listen in on their conversations. People sure did live interesting lives. Some, however, were talking about unsavory things and he tuned them out. It's what he got for living in a sketchy area. He heard things he shouldn't hear or even see. Like the scantily clad floozies on the side of the street. It was disgusting, Koda didn't think too highly of humans at all.

Now there were some he did quite love. He saw them as family, he just didn't care to much for a lot of them. He let out a sigh and stood up from his stoop. Time to head back home, he didn't want to be out after sunset. That seemed like the prime time he usually got the shit knocked out of him. Though something caught his eye. A girl that seemed horribly out of place.

He squinted, she was lost. He knew that look anywhere. He bit down on his tongue and debated helping her or just leaving her. The more moral side of him said help her. So he approached her. "Hey!" he said in a loud enough tone to hear. "This is no place for a kid to be lost in." he said and stepped in front of her. "It's dangerous here, especially after sunset. Do you need help getting home?" he asked. Concern on his face.

I'd love the second in command role! I have 3 years experience with RPing Team Rocket's lovely Archer!~ I'm in the UK though and for whatever reason I'm still awake at 3AM, so I'll get a sample to you tomorrow.

I have officially assigned roles, I should have a CS up for you guys tonight or tomorrow morning depending on how things work out on my end.

Applying for The Muscle!

This is one of my most recent posts from a D&D RP I am in:

Jarek's eyes are more drawn over to the headless statues. He finds them strange but oddly beautiful.

Shaking out of his thoughts, he speaks up. "They seem to invite us in." He softly clicks his tongue. "Not sure by who." He looks back whence they came- along with A'lannar- and tells himself to not be surprised when he finds the road swallowed by the thick fog.

"Well." He takes a breath. "I'm going in." He gives his brother's shoulder a pat before he slings his arm off. He walks cautiously through the gates, peering out in all directions to stay alert for whatever- if ever- jumps out at him.

If it's not up to stuff I could write or find something more detailed - edit: actually, I'll go do that right now.

Alright! Lemme pull up an old rp I did some time back.

With an exaggerated yawn, Nova stretches her limbs and rolls over, savoring the comfort of her old cot for a moment or two before forcing herself in an upright position. A shame about those roses. They were her favorite things to look at in the morning. But yes, it's good that the tomatoes weren't killed off. One might be appalled by the language of the older women, but for Nova, this was normal. She was used to seeing old ladies and young men alike curse like sailors. She didn't have very many memories of her younger years - many of them were blocked out of her mind, others she didn't want to remember. But she had grown up like this. This was the reality Nova had come to know.

She slept with her shoes on. Should a breach in security happen overnight, there wasn't going to be time to throw on one's shoes. It was either shoes or a weapon, and Nova had chosen long ago to not have to choose. When she could find the time and luxury to bathe, Nova bathed with her clothes on. Again, it was for safety and escape reasons. It was also an easy way to clean herself and her clothes at the same time. Efficiency over luxury was the name of the game for her life, and if she stank, other people would simply have to deal with it or find time to allow her to properly clean herself. On the flip side, Nova never complained when something smelled bad, whether it be someone's cooking or someone's body odor. While she didn't like her own most of the time, Nova had long since learned to not complain about other people.

Stepping around the small makeshift shelter, Nova took a moment to examine her equipment, and make sure all her guns were in proper working order, as was per her morning routine. Tightening the laces on her shoes, she patted her pockets for her revolver and assuring her knife was in place, Nova shoved her Sporter magazines into her backpack and hoisted the pack over her shoulders. Grabbing the Sporter Compact off the table, Nova stepped outside her house. Normally the girl didn't bring everything with her - the people here seemed to be very trustworthy, in her opinion. She couldn't remember a single thing going missing since arriving here. But Nova was scheduled for a watch shift, and given the current time, she figured she'd rather not waste time going back and forth from her house to Johnson's office. She'd probably get a can, eat it, and go directly to shift. Perhaps she'd look around for something to buy with her wedding rings if there was spare time. Granted, she probably didn't need to bring her rations with her to her watch - they'd probably end up making a lot of noise and weigh her down as she moved, but again the mantra efficiency over luxury came to mind. It might have been easier for her to leave her food and water at home, but Nova would rather be ready for the worst and not have to run home should shit hit the fan.

Sample:

She's a quiet something. The girl- she sits by herself and does not say more than she needs to. I have not heard her say anything more than a hello, I don't think, but others have sworn that she has. She's a quiet something and it maddens me a little. I don't think that people should be quiet somethings. They should be loud and sure.

I tell this to Drem, and he asks me if there's something wrong with being quiet. I am about to tell him that no, there's something wrong with being alone but I stop myself. That isn't quite right. I go into myself and murmur, and I find that I do not know how to describe it, and I tell this to Drem. He chuckles at me, and that maddens me because he doesn't understand. Because I cannot describe how wrong her being there, like that, is.

The girl- she gets up from her seat. I do not know her name, and it strikes me. Because I want to. She stands, and she moves to the trashcan, and she disposes of her trash. She sits back on the bench, away, and she looks at the clock on the far side of the room, that I cannot read from my place. I think that she sighs but that may be my imagination.

She waits alone for the time she can leave, and she does this every day, and I think there is something very wrong with that.

I want to fix this, but I do not know how. Drem will know. I will tell Drem this.

Thank you to everyone who showed interest, after looking at every sample I have made my decision and assigned roles. If anything changes or opens I'll be sure to notify you all, thank you again for your interest it means a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back