• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon: Stars of Sinnoh

Cayo

Also Known As Cayo
This is a roleplay I have posted on a couple other sites, so I was wondering if anyone here would be interested. I have it written already, so here it is.

Stars of Sinnoh

A Sinnoh RP

20 spots open.

images

Sinnoh is flooded with legend and lore. It is believed to be the first region Arceus created. Home to Dialga and Palkia, along with the Lake Trio. Arceus himself supposedly resides there. Yet, there is so much more to the region than what meets the eye...

Sinnoh is a great place to study. It is littered with ancient ruins and monuments, along with many research facilities. It is home to one of the largest mountain ranges in the world. Not to mention, the underground mining system that runs throughout the whole region. There are four major lakes, and the Great Marsh. Needless to say, there is a lot to do and see in the Sinnoh Region.

One of the most notable things in Sinnoh, is the Lily Cove Conference. It is where the top trainers in Sinnoh go to duke it out and determine the #1 trainer. Because of this, new trainers are always beginning their journeys, coming from all over the world to to Sinnoh. But first, they must challenge and earn badges from the 8 gym leaders. This is no easy feat, which is why it is seen as such a big task.

You are a new trainer, just beginning your journey. Trying to figure out what you wish to do with your life. So, what better to do than challenge the Sinnoh League? By visiting Prof.Rowan in Sandgem Town, any young man or woman can receive a Pokedex and their Pokemon League License.

You will travel the ancient region, meeting friends and foes alike. You will grow as a person, learning and growing with your Pokemon. What you will do and how it will turn out, is all up to you.

images

If it isn't apparent, this will be a Sinnoh journey RP. It is mostly a sandbox RP, that I will partially control. You can do whatever the heck you want, as long as it's realistic. I will control the open locations, but you can choose what you want to do in those locations.

Everybody begins in Sandgem Town to receive their do-dads from Prof.Rowan. The surrounding routes and Twinleaf Town will be open, along with Lake Valor. I will open up the later locations as I see fit.

images

The Mechanics

Moves

Your Pokemon can have up to 6 moves. We will use the ORAS movesets. You may use egg moves and tutor moves, but TMs and HMs are not to be used. Honestly, how can a disk teach a Pokemon a move?

Egg moves and tutor moves can both be learned naturally. No need to breed or anything of the sort.

Capturing Pokemon

In a capture post, your post needs to end with the Pokemon in a pokeball. I will determine whether or not you actually captured the Pokemon. If you don't catch it, you can attack it a few times and try again, or go find something else to do.

You can also capture as many Pokemon as you want, but you may only carry 6 at a time. If you want to switch, you must visit a Pokemon Center.

You can trade with your fellow Roleplayers, but not with NPCs, unless I say so. If I let you trade with NPCs, it would be completely unfair. You could take your Starly and trade for a Staraptor.

Evolution

There are no levels, or anything of the sort. There is no happiness, beauty, or trade evolution. However, there is stone evolution.

If you wish to have your Pokemon evolve, notify the GM and await his decision.

Gyms Battles

All gyms will be normal battles, but you can decided which Pokemon the gym leader uses and how many. A list of Pokemon will be provided and you may choose which ones the leader uses.

You can lose the battle and still earn a badge. Likewise, you may win the battle and not earn a badge. End your gym posts with the battle ending and the GM will decide whether or not a badge is earned.

Team Galactic

Now this is the fun part! I will not throw a direct plot related to them, but it is assumed that Team Galactic has the same goals as in the games. It is up to all the players if they wish to incorporate them in their own plots. It isn't a bad idea to ask in the OOC if anybody wants to join you.

Legendary Pokemon

So, that would be Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Arceus, Cresselia, Darkrai, Heatran, Shaymin, Mesprit, Uxie, Azelf, Regigigas, Manaphy, and Phione. A lot.

It is assumed Team Galactic is attempting to take control of Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. If you wish to incorporate any other legendaries in the plot, pitch your ideas in the OOC.

So, let me know what you think. I'm new to this site, but not new to roleplaying. I thought I'd come here to work on my roleplaying skills, including GMing.

If you'd like, here's a sign-up sheet.

Name: Pretty self-explanatory

Gender: Yeah, let's keep things simple with male and female.

Hometown: Anywhere in the Pokemon world. Keep it game canon and part of the main series. No Ransei, Almia, Fiore, or Orre.

Appearance: Provide a picture, or a written description. Heck, both if you want.

Personality:
How they act around certain people and pokemon.

Battle Style: How your character battles. Include strengths and weaknesses.

History: Your character's past. Include their family, how they received their first pokemon, and anything else you think is important.

Starter Pokemon: List will be provided. Include gender and moveset, along with a nickname.

Available Starters: (There are more than 20 starters. It's nice to have more variety. If you would like to have a starter not shown, ask and I may or may not approve.)

bulbasaur.gif
charmander.gif
squirtle.gif
cyndaquil.gif
totodile.gif
chikorita.gif
torchic.gif
mudkip.gif
treecko.gif
chimchar.gif
turtwig.gif
piplup.gif
tepig.gif
snivy.gif
oshawott.gif
chespin.gif
froakie.gif
fennekin.gif
pikachu.gif

magby.gif
swinub.gif
elekid.gif
aron.gif
larvitar.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm interested, I'd like to see where this goes. Mention Pokemon and I'm instantly on board(:

However, despite this being a bit of a long shot considering the region, would a Trapinch be alright as a starter? Also, a specific occupational pursuit doesn't have to be chosen now, correct? As in, my character is indeed a trainer, but not necessarily certain what she'd like to be.

Let me know? (:

I thought about adding Trapinch but thought no, due to the dragon, but since you asked I don't mind.

Pokemon will not be bound by region in this. So you may find a Zorua on route 202 or a Litleo on route 202.

Yes, she may be pursuing other goals, or be unsure, just keep in mind that the goal is for everyone to reach the Pokemon League, which is where I will be directing you.

Alrighty, thanks for the clarification. I'll keep the over all pursuit in mind, I just like a little unusual for the sake of distinction. She'll definitely have a Trapinch, I just love the little buggers. c:

Ooh, this sounds well planned. I would certainly love to rp this, especially since I have a craving for anything involving pokemon. Where do I sign up? *A*

I'll make a new thread in the roleplay section soon, (like right now) so keep your eyes open.

Edit: It is up.

I can't take credit for the planning and well-thoughted outness. This is extremely similar to another couple RPs from another site that I based most of the mechanics of this on. They are both based in Kanto and Hoenn. (I have permission of course.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a second. I accidentally put it in fantasy instead of fandom. Is there a way to change it?

I reported it stating I'd like it moved if possible.

Edit: It was moved! You may all go sign-up now!

I'm going to say anime. That's how I usually picture these things and I'm sure it is similar for most people.

Yes, but your character may be pursuing other goals or dreams. Just keep in mind, the goal of the RP is for everyone to reach the Pokemon League.

please tell me more than just three people found this interesting, I'm actually really wanting to do this :c

I know what you mean. Hopefully we'll get at least a few more players, seventeen seems like a stretch, though that'd be great.

If you guys want, we can begin right now. I highly doubted that I'd get a full 20, but that was just a max.

Let me know if you want to start and I'll try to have all of the locations released tomorrow.

I thought four people was just enough. I am usually a one-on-one, so even over six is overwhelming.

Wait yes let us commence

Users who are viewing this thread

Back