• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Return of Darkness

Zak was lost in his thoughts, not hearing the assistant call him from the counter. Annoyed, the assistant walked up to Zak and nudged him a bit, "Excuse me sir, but your pokemon has been ready for a little while. I just need you to come to the counter so I can properly check you out." Zak looked at the assistant, eyes heavy from the emotional of the day, he simply nodded and followed the assistant to the counter. While waiting, Zak decided to ask about the Fennekin, "Well I don't know much, I wasn't working with him back there, Nurse Joy was. From what I heard, it was in bad shape, but it's gonna make it." Zak let out a sigh of relief, it felt like some weight had been lifted off of him. Zak smiled and thanked the assistant before taking Tide's pokeball back, minimizing it and placing it back on his belt.

Zak took his seat back and took a long breath, he believed he thought things through, but he needed one last opinion, the opinion of the other trainer. Even though the Fennekin's life was no longer in danger, Zak decided he would let her decide what he would do with Tide. Zak wanted to train with Tide, learn how to get rid of that rabid side, and learn how to get stronger. Zak was going to call Prof. Elm and see if he could tell Zak about the background from which Tide was bred from. But he couldn't take any steps forward without talking to that girl.

The nurse had shown Ravyn a room she could spend the night in. Same as the one she had been in earlier that day: just a bed, desk, and end table. She had already released Storm and told her Blaze will be alright. The excited wave that hit the trainer nearly knocked her over. "We'll get to see him in the morning, so you'll have to wait a little while." The pokemon only paced slightly in response. Ravyn considered returning the Riolu to her pokeball, but figured it would be best to give her a little while. Chance are she would calm down soon enough.

Sighing, Ravyn stretched and moved to move her bag. Only to realize it wasn't on her shoulder anymore. She'd left both it and her jacket in the main lobby. With an annoyed groan she left the room, Kurama still staying close to her side.

Zak looked over his shoulder every now and then, there wasn't any sign of that girl. He sighed, Zak was once again conflicted, had he come up with the right plan? 'Is it right for me to put Tide's fate in someone else's hands? I should be the one deciding, he's my pokemon......then again her Fennekin was the victim, she has a say in this.' Zak rubbed his eyes, he was extremely tired at this point. Perhaps he should wait til the morning, that would give both trainers well needed sleep and calmness. Zak stood up and stretched, "It might be best to wait til the morning, I'm no good sleepy. I'm not the happiest sleepy person either."

Letting out a long yawn, Zak headed back to the counter to rent a room for the night.

Ravyin rubbed her eyes as she stepped into the lobby, looking around for her bag. Being drained from the day didn't exactly make her the most observant person in the world. Not that she wasn't when she was awake either... She had walked right past Zak who was standing at the main desk.

It wasn't often she was seen going around without her jacket. Her right arm was covered in a large tattoo, a scene depicting a kitsune holding an orb in one of its tails as it fought a large eight headed snake. Not exactly how the myth went, but she preferred the kitsune to the more human warrior.

Finally finding her bag and jacket, she picked them up. There wasn't much point in putting the jacket back on. It wasn't like she was going outside any time soon.

Zak was handed his room key, oh how sleep sounded so dank pleasant right now. Zak heard foot steps from behind him, so he looked, curious to see who else was at the Pokecenter so late at night. Zak's eyes widened a little when he saw it was the Fennekin's trainer, he shouldn't have been so surprised, but for whatever reason, he was. Taking a deep breath, Zak began walking towards her. He was hesitant, she looked worse than Zak did, who knows what kind of reaction she would have seeing him.

Once Zak was close enough to be heard, he cleared his throat, "Umm....well....excuse me."

That's all that came to Zak's mind, after all, how else would he start a conversation after what happened?

"Hm?" Ravyn glanced over her shoulder to see Zak approaching. The Totodile's trainer from earlier... He looked about as exhausted as she did. It's not like this whole mess was easy for either of them. Even with the fact Blaze should be alright. She turned to face him, amber eyes studying the trainer in silence for a moment. "Is your pokemon alright? Storm threw a pretty nasty punch back there."

Zak let out a small sigh of relief, he was glad she didn't yell or slap him. He gave her a small, kind smile, "Yes, he'll be find, thank you for asking. More importantly, the assistant at the counter told me your Fennekin is going to make it. If it means anything, I'm happy for you both." Zak hoped his genuine feelings would get across to her, his eyes making direct contact with hers. "I hope this isn't too much to ask, but may we speak in the morning?" Zak rubbed the back of his head, he didn't want to keep her from resting.

The trainer gave a slight shrug, "If you want to meet in the morning, that's fine. I think both of us could use some sleep." Kurama sat silently at her side, tails slowly swishing as he listened to the two trainers. He was glad Ravyn hadn't lashed out at the other trainer. Though if she had, he would have stepped in pretty quickly.

Zak gave her a quick nod, "We can meet after breakfast if you want to. Or you can seek me out whenever you want. I greatly appreciate you hearing me out so far." Zak then proceeded to make his way to his room. Once he did, Zak immediately went straight for the bed, not caring he was going to sleep in dirty clothes or that he left the door unlocked. His room happened to have a window, having a clear view of the moon.

Before his heavy eyes closed, Zak looked at the moon. He felt as if it was telling him a change was going to happen, not just to Zak, but the whole world. No longer able to fight it, Zak fell asleep.

Rubbing her eyes, Ravyn made her way back to her room with Kurama following close behind. It had been beyond a long day at this point and exhaustion was taking its toll. Stepping into her room she dropped her bag and jacket on the floor, kicking off her shoes before unceremoniously flopping into bed. It wasn't long at all before she was surrounded by sleeping pokemon. They would be able to see Blaze tomorrow and everything would turn out alright.

At least, that's all she hoped for.

Sunlight pierced the window, making direct contacts with Zak's face. Cringing his face, Zak rolled over, trying to not let the sudden disturbance wake him. Unfortunately, that was all it took to make Zak open his eyes. Letting out an irritated growl, Zak sat up his bed, rubbing his face and yawing. He looked at the clock on the little nightstand by his bed, it was 7:15am. 'I got seven hours, but it feels like I slept for three,' thought Zak. Immediately following that thought, Zak's stomach growled at him, a curse that Zak has dealt since forever. He's always starving in the morning, for whatever reason. Knowing he wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, Zak decided to get moving, after all, he had some tasks he needed to do today.

After washing up and putting fresh, clean clothes, Zak made his way to the lobby of the Pokecenter. Pokecenter's usually have little cafeterias for trainers, and Zak was hoping it was open this early.

Ravyn quietly groaned, shifting slightly under the pile of sleeping pokemon. Her amber eyes slowly opened to cast an annoyed glare at the sunlight peeking through the blinds. She barely slept the entire night and was certainly feeling it. Not wanting to bother the others, she continued to lay in bed, just staring up at the ceiling.

Finally though, she had to get up. A shower was sounding good, not to mention getting something to eat. However the first order of business for the trainer was waking the still slumbering pokemon. Though she had noticed that Kurama's scarlet eyes were open and looking at her. At least one was up. He lightly nudged Sirene while Ravyn gently woke Storm. The Riolu stretched and yawned before looking up at her through bleary eyes. "I'm sorry," the trainer said quietly, "but I need to get up."

Finally able to climb out of bed, Ravyn gathered some clothes and stepped into the shower. By the time she had finished her team was awake enough to follow her from the room and down the hall. "After breakfast we'll see about visiting Blaze," Ravyn gently rubbed behind Storm's ears. Stepping into the little cafeteria Ravyn wasn't surprised to see it so empty. Usually towards the afternoon and early evening was when the most trainers would be in there.

(Hopefully the longer post helps make up for me totally forgetting to respond @Joey Winchester )

Since Zak was still very sleepy, he ended up getting a little lost, but he finally found the cafeteria and went in. Irritated and embarrassed, Zak made a beeline towards the counter, not paying attention to anything else. If he cut in front of someone, if the cafeteria was full or empty or even open yet, he wouldn't know. All Zak wanted was food, and a hungry Zak wasn't pleasant to be around. Luckily, the cook was preparing some food, so that meant it was indeed open. Studying the menu, Zak decided on what he wanted, though the register took some time to open. Finally ready to go, the cashier asked Zak what he wanted, "I'll have a breakfast burger please. Use Tauros as the meat and I'll have Swinub bacon on it too. Whatever egg is fine, aaaand that's it. Oh! A glass of MooMoo Milk as well."

After paying, Zak found the closet seat he found and waited for his food to be ready.

After such a long night, Ravyn wanted something more simple to eat. Maybe some oats and a hardboiled egg or two. What were the chances of them having rice porridge? It was much more common back in Kanto. She remembered how her mother would make it for her and her brother when one of them was sick . . .

A frown tugged at the trainer's lips. How long had it been since she last thought of home? Let alone actually recall a more pleasant memory? She shook her head slightly. Now wasn't the time to be thinking of that. She cut her ties and left Kanto, making it clear she wasn't going to set foot in that region again. She couldn't go back even if she wanted to. There wouldn't be a home to go back to.

Stepping up to the counter, she ordered a bowl of oatmeal, a piece of toast, and a cup of hot tea. While waiting, she noticed Zach sitting at one of the tables and moved over to him. "This . . . seat taken?" The trainer asked, laying her hand on an empty chair.

Zak jumped in his seat a little, being snapped out of his thoughts. He looked to see where the voice came from and saw the Fennekin's trainer, he hand resting on the empty chair. Realizing she was asking to sit, Zak nodded his head to her, "No go on ahead. I'm surprised someone else is awake at this unholy hour hehe.....sorry I'm not much of am early bird type of person." Zak was rambling again, he didn't know how to talk to the other trainer. He wondered if she had any cold feelings towards him. Sure, she may be joining him for breakfast, but Zak was the one who told her he wanted to speak with her. 'I don't think I could easily forgive me if I was her, even if my pokemon was going to make it.'

Zak didn't want to say anything that would upset her, everything seemed to be going well. The Fennekin is going to make it and she was willing to hear Zak out.

The trainer shrugged, "I'm about as far as you can get from a morning person too." She replied while pulling out the chair to have a seat. Kurama moved over and sat near the other trainer, his tails slowly swishing from side to side. He watched the two trainers as they fidgeted ever so slightly. If it ever came down to it, he could act as a sort of mediator. Lest the discussion devolve into yelling and blame.

Ravyn had been looking down at her pokedex after sitting. Sure, she had a few messages on there to respond to. But it was more of a way to buy time. Was she angry at Zac for what happened last night? She honestly couldn't say. Even with a night to think it over she couldn't figure out how she felt about the entire situation.

Zak looked at the girl as she opened her pokedex, an wave of uncomfortableness clearly washed over both trainers. Clearing his throat, Zak tried to start a conversation, "May I know your name? Perhaps things would be easier and less awkward if we knew how to address each other right?" Zak knew he would have to get to the point, but he figured letting the slight tension die down first would be the best option. Zak glanced at her Ninetails, now noticing that it was older than her other pokemon. The Ninetails also seemed calm, as if it knew how to handle conflict. It defiantly had some experience under its belt, Zak could tell that for sure.

She glanced over to him, setting the pokedex down. "It probably would be . . . I'm Ravyn." Her Absol, Sirene had taking the initiative to keep Storm occupied for the time being. None of the pokemon overly felt like eating. Even if they did, getting into Ravyn's bag wasn't that difficult for the more crafty Riolu.

"Ravyn, nice to....er....well I'm Zak." Zak let out an uncomfortable chuckle at the end of his sentence, this clearly wasn't going to be the easiest conversation for either of them. Zak looked around, hoping the cook would yell out his order, giving Zak an excuse to get up and collect his thoughts better. But of course, he wasn't going to be that lucky, at least not today. Taking a deep breath, Zak decided to say what this was all about.

"Look, I'll get to the point. The reason I wanted to speak with you Ravyn is because I want to hear your opinion. Do you remember what I told you back at Route 115? I was going to leave Tide in the PC, but your Ninetails told me think it over. To be honest, I want to keep Tide, but I have no idea how to help him. I don't want another incident like this to happen, but I don't want to abandon him either, I'm torn. So I want to hear from you, you have a say in this. Do you think I should keep Tide? Or should I get rid of him? Do you think he could be domesticated? Do you think a pokemon like him could be trusted in future battles?"

Ravyn sat there, quietly listening to Zak. She wasn't surprised Kurama had spoke with Zak. The older pokemon had always acted as a source of advice and guidance for her ever since she was young. What stopped him from helping other struggling trainers? He worked with many members of her family over the course of his long life . . .

She took a slow breath, trying to gather her thoughts. She knew how close of a bond a trainer shared with their pokemon. To force one of them to sever that bond? Let alone in the manner Zak was considering? "I . . . couldn't force you to abandon him like that. But . . . I wouldn't even know how to help him. A professor might be able to, but it's out of my knowledge." Amber eyes looked up at Zak, "You care about Tide, I can tell that much. It's not like either option is easy," her gaze shifted back to the table, "but to just abandon someone you've been a partner with for so long without even giving them a chance? What kind of trainer would that make you? What would it make me if I told you to give up on him?"

"Believe me Ravyn, I'm don't want to leave Tide, I'm not the kind of person who gives up easily. I couldn't bare if this happened again. What kind of a trainer would it make me if I let this happen again? Nobody wants to be the trainer of a murdering pokemon, and I certainly know you wouldn't want someone else to be in the situation you went through. That's why I needed to ask you, because in the end I would keep Tide with me, but would you feel comfortable knowing he's battling and I have no idea of how to fix him? Please answer honestly, even if I found a way to help him, could you truly trust me out there with Tide?"

She hesitated, taking another slow breath. "It's not like I wouldn't be worried about something like that happening again . . . " She shifted, uncomfortable. "But to just give him up as a lost cause without even trying to find a way to help him?" She took a sharp breath, closing her eyes. "I know what it feels like to have someone you trusted and relied on to just consider you hopeless and cast you out . . . To know that a trainer's done that, and because of me? That's just . . . I couldn't . . ." Ravyn grew silent in an effort to calm back down.

Just then Zak heard his order called out, so he decided to go get his plate. He was hoping the short silence would help Ravyn calm down, and he would stop pressing the matter, the subject of abandonment was clearly not easy for her to talk about. Zak got back to the table, though he didn't start eating. "I understand, then it's decided, I will keep Tide. I apologize for the unpleasant conversation, I needed your opinion on the matter." Zak then looked at Ravyn's Ninetails and smiled at him, "And thank you for stopping me from making a rash, regretful decision."

With a small sigh, Ravyn nodded. "Don't feel bad, it's not like either of us could just ignore it." She tried to force a smile, "It's just been a long couple days for both of us is all."

Kurma nodded at Zak's thanks. "I'm glad you gave it more thought," He kept his voice low, no need to go and attract a crowd. Talking pokemon weren't exactly a common occurrence after all. "Though this path won't be an easy one for you or your partner. Even the young fennekin will need time and work to regain his nerve I'm sure."

Zak smiled, a great amount of weight had been lifted off his shoulders. Zak then took a big bite of his burger, maybe it was just the heat of the moment, but Zak felt like everything from here on out was going to be ok, even though he had a long road ahead of him. Zak continued to eat, this had to be one of the best burgers he's ever had. But just then, Zak stopped, a terrible look on his face, 'I'm eating a pokemon in front of other pokemon.....oh my....do they know that? Can they tell?'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back