• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Project SPARK

SapphireSkylines

Mr_Briney_Sugimori.png

About a few weeks ago you were given a letter to participate in a research project funded by a company called the Thomas Pokemon Corp. They wanted an assortment of trainers to live on an island in exchange for their help in the research of the relationships between people and Pokemon. It might've been a risky trip, especially with the Team Rocket threat looming over Johto but nonetheless you finally made it. You were now on a boat heading to the Project SPARK island. You could see the lush green island in the distance, along with some of the whirl islands on the horizon. It was a bright sunny day, beautiful for swimming or fishing and the place you were going to looked beautiful from a distance.

The lush green island got closer and closer until finally the boat managed to park into the small dock that was set up. In the middle of the island was a modern looking building with lots of windows and what appeared to be solar panels on top of the roof. You'd also notice other trainers getting off boats as well as they came into the dock. A young man in a lab coat with pink eyes and blonde hair stood at the docks. He smiled and stood there quietly as all the trainers began to get out of their boats. He looked down at the watch on his wrist, nodding to himself as he continued to wait for all the trainers who were invited to the island. Beyond the young man was a small path into the forest which appeared to lead to the building. It looked like most of the developments on this island were fairly brand new, and that this island wasn't inhabited until recently.

"Umbreeeeeon!"
"Does that smell good Khonshu?"
"Umm!"
The deck felt good underneath Go's feet after being on the boat for so long, Khonshu a comfortable weight on his shoulder. The wind gently ruffed his hair from beneath his hat while the umbreon gently cooed in his ear at the breeze. Scratching Khonshu's chin, he slung his bag onto his other shoulder, causing the Pokemon to sniff the top compartment where Go kept the team's treats.
"We'll let out the others when we get settled... And yes I'll give you a poffin later."
"Umbrreee."
"No, Later."
"Umbre."
"La-ter."
"UM."
"La-Oh, hello."
Between the two's bickering, Go almost would have walked right into the young man waiting for him and the others.​

Mia took a deep breath. The fresh air was a blessing. She loved to travel, she loved adventure and this would be a new one all over again. The island was approaching quickly and soon, the trainer and her partner standing next to her, a greninja that was taking every detail in with careful eyes, found themselves about to land. "This will be great, don´t you think?", Mia said, getting the answer "Ninja.", the pokemon nodding its head.

Mia was boiling with excitement, standing in the middle of the boat, as it suddenly came to a stop. A fact the trainer had not paid attention to. The sudden stop and the forces connected to it made her lose her balance, falling over and greeting the boats ground with her face. A loud noise accompanied her fall. The pokemon next to her just face palmed himself, before helping her back up. "Nobody saw that, right?", Mia asked, embarrassed for obvious reasons. Greninja shrugged and went ahead to leave the boat, Mia following, still a bit red in the face, from both, embarrassment and her recent meeting with the floor. Like that, she entered the island and approached the man that seemed to await her. It had not quite been the entrance the multi-regional champion wanted to make.

Cyan managed to walk backward a step but he still managed to slip and fall into the sand beyond the boardwalk. He didn't seem hurt or anything, just shocked as he stood back up and dusted his lab coat of the excess sand. He looked around, only two trainers had made it so far. "Hey! Welcome. I believe we're waiting for three more trainers. After they arrive I can take you inside the research center." Cyan managed to blank out on something. He knew he was forgetting something but he couldn't think of what until a few awkward pauses later. "Oh! I'm Professor Oak, it's good to meet the both of you."

Toivoajarakkaus Toivoajarakkaus The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof

'I probably shouldn't mention that I saw that other trainer eat boat... But I hope she's alright. I've done that too many times to know that it can hurt.'
Go gave a quite ditto-ike face at Mia before returning his eyes to the welcome party? Welcome Man?
"Nice to meet you too Professor Oak, sorry about running you over. The name's Gohen, or Go if you would."
Before Go could offer his hand, Khonshu shifted on his shoulder, digging into a tender spot, as it attempted to get a better whiff of young man's scent. Somepart of the man's smell remind the Embreon of its younger days as an Eevee when it had stopped Go from choosing another starter. It chirped, leaning back off the spot that was causing Go to grimace, all while Khonshu wagged it's slightly crooked tail. Go took note of its relaxed adittude before taking the Pokemon into a more comfortable place in his arms and returning his gaze onto the professor.
"Embreon!"
"Yes, I didn't forget about you, this here is Khonshu... Hey, do you happen to be related to another Professor Oak?"
(I hope this is okay, it is kinda hard without the other 3 answering 0_0 SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines , The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof )​

Last edited:
Seraphine Alev

A small and fluffy pokemon tugged at its trainer's sleeve. It growled as it did so, barking muffled by the fabric in its mouth. The trainer was clearly reluctant to follow the growlithe, constantly looking over her shoulder.
"Okay okay, you can stop pulling now." The dog pokemon sat and released the sleeve. The trainer inspected her clothes to see if there was any permanent damage. Only drool.

"Kaya, why are you so eager to-" her sentence was cut off as she actually got a look at the island where they were docked. Seraphine had spent most of her time in her cabin reading. The place was beautiful to say the least. She could also see some people speaking on land. One in a lab coat. That would most likely be who she was meant to speak to as well. The trainer took a deep breath to steel her nerves.

As she walked towards the lab coat-man, she shrunk further and further into her oversized clothes. Kaya looked at her trainer and seemed to roll her eyes. Even so, the growlithe pressed against her trainer's legs as moral support.

Once she had finally approached, she realised she would need to speak to these people. Her mouth suddenly felt very dry. She tried to swallow but it was surprisingly difficult. Kaya rubbed against her leg.
"Uh, h-hi. I... I'm S-Serahpine. S-Sarah is f-fine." She immediately regretted opening her mouth and hid even further into her turtleneck out of embarrassment.

SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines Toivoajarakkaus Toivoajarakkaus

Whether or not Oak had answered the question, Go found his attention drawn the newest arrival as well as the other trainer.
'Oh. My. God. She is like a Shaymin.'
Even though his face seemed quite almost bored, if not blank, inside Go natural 'Momma Bewear' instincts were going haywire at Serahpine's shy introduction. Of course, other then that, Go realized he had completely ignored the other trainer all together. Khonshu seemed to have noticed and began to snicker at his trainer's stupidity, which caught a dull, but angry glance from the person in question.
"My apologies, I completely ignored you two. Sorry, again, but my name's Gohen. I rather prefer if you called me Go thou."
Shifting the Embreon in his arms to offer a hand to shake towards the two girls, the Embreon gave his protests of the change, huffing lightly after scolding the boy. But soon Khonshu got distracted by the two trainer's Pokemon, giving a snarky grin that seem to speak like 'I get to be held, but you gotta walk.' before blepping.
SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines , KiKi Kitsune KiKi Kitsune , The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof

Mia looked at Go and smiled, immediatly taking his offer and shaking his hand. "Nice to meet you! I´m Mia.", she said and turned to Professor Oak. "And i´m just as glad to have been invited by you, Professor.", she said and nodded her head thankfully. Greninja in the meantime looked at the pokemon blepping at him, tilting his head and then, with its hands, unwrapping its tongue from its neck and holding it out to Khonshu as a amplified blep. Then, it returned the tongue to normal and said "Ninja.", satisfied with its achievements.

Mia looked at her pokemon as it spoke, tilting her head. "Whats up with you, buddy?", she said and in reply, her partner shrugged. Looking at Khonshu and then at Greninja, she giggled. "Well, you go on making friends then, i suppose.", she said and winked at Go happily.

(Oh my goodness I feel like an idiot. It's not embreon its Umbreon. Why didnt I catch this until now now!?!?)
A confused expression filtered through Go's tired look until he saw Khonshu retaliating with a bigger bleep and a what could be 'Jazz-Hands' with paws. Gently bopping the misbehaving umbreon's nose, Go shifted the Pokemon to dangle in his hands to face the other two trainers. Khonshu gave a protest to the new position before accepting and rag-dolling, stretching like dough as he went limp, the umbreon's face squishing against his neck.
"I'm sorry for his behavior, He's just being nasty because I promised a Poffin, but not until I settled everyone. But..."
Gathering the Pokemon back into his arms in its back, Go lightly scratched the underneath of the Umbreon's chin. Khonshu basically melted in Go's arms, giving pleased chirps and coos as his trainer loved on his head, Go having a tiny smirk at his long-time partner's reaction.
"Just give a good scratching session, and he's jelly... But speaking of others."
Go turned to the side in order to include the young professor in the conversation, still gently scratching Khonshu.
"Is it alright if we let our entire teams out to stretch? At least until the other trainers arrive?"
The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof , KiKi Kitsune KiKi Kitsune , SapphireSkylines SapphireSkylines

Users who are viewing this thread

Back