• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom 『Pokemon Paroxysm』

Characters
Here
Avery Kingwood: Master Thief
"The files are all on here," Avery said, facing her rotom Asimov and ejecting a storage card from her pokegear that she passed over to the bright orange ghost, who lunged forwards and swallowed it happily. Avery sighed. "It's a little early for junk food but I guess your diet's going to go to hell while you're home alone anyway. Just promise me you'll go easy on the micro transactions okay? If you clone a bunch of credit cards like last time you'll be cut off when I get back I'm serious,"

"Roooo!" whined Asimov, bobbing up and down in the air contentiously. Avery sighed again.

"I guess its fine as long as they're all corporate cards. Just don't let it get tied back to your main account, I want you to use that to leak this stuff, it still has a lot of cache after that thing with the porygon code,"

"Rotom," Asimov said, nodding its head and turning to follow Lunala into the return portal after Clark.

"Oh gosh, they grow up so fast!" sniffed Avery, wiping away a tear theatrically. "I remember when he was still a washing machine you know?"

When Asimov had departed Avery turned her attention back to Zaniah while he recounted his experiences so far. In retrospect it was obvious that it would take more than simple exposure for the corruption, whatever it was to spread or else this whole little enclave could hardly have lasted this long. That didn't mean it was wrong for the others to have been worried about it though, it was their pokemon's wellbeing at stake afterall. Avery had hid it but she'd been pretty concerned for Kevin in the immediate aftermath of the fight after the little goober got a good dose of weird energy from skill swapping with one of the corrupted guzzlords. That really did beg the whole question of how the corruption began to spread in the first place. Maybe it had struck at injured or otherwise vulnerable pokemon low down on the food chain and slowly worked its way up? That could be plausible. Still the fight mind games with mind games approach Zaniah outlined was a little...

"It kinda sounds like we're gonna be giving a bunch of corrupted legendary pokemon therapy," Avery said, cocking her head to the side. "We're gonna need a reeeaaallly big leather couch then, oooh that would be a great heist," Avery muttered, her expression turning dreamy as she fantasized.

When the party arrived at the shores of Poni island and Zaniah explained their destination Avery's eyes lit up. "We're looting an artificial island!? Score! If these foundation people are anything like Aethercorp back home there should be some pretty good swag. I always wanted to pay these guys a visit but I never really got around to Alola,"

Avery watched with amusement as Richard's pokemon returned, she recognized the incineroar that had been staring her down during the earlier debate. That one seemed like a handful, even compared to the draconic pseudo legendary that was ferrying it. Then again Avery could hardly point fingers there, she had her own handful to the deal with.

"Sorry FTA Dutch will go into a snit if he finds out I was riding around on some other pokemon, you know how dragons get about their pride," Avery said to Richard, scratching her head and sounding almost apologetic. "Speaking of this might be... a lot,"

So saying Avery tossed out pokeball, revealing a hulking, bat like pokemon with a ruff of white hair distinctive, speaker like ears. The noivern looked around, sniffing the unfamiliar air. Almost immediately Dutch caught side and scent of Richard's salamance and the batlike pokemon rose up on its legs and spread its wings to appear more imposing, a deep bassy growl rising in his throat that hinted at equal capacity for loudness to the roars from earlier.

"Ah! NO! DUTCHY CUT IT OUT!" Avery snapped, batting the large pokemon on its shoulder ineffectually.

Dutch's growls intensified and he shrugged a wing at Avery to drive her off, not breaking eye contact with the salamence he saw as a rival to his draconic dominance.

"Quit it ya big lug there aren't even any girls around and we're on a job!" Avery snapped, stepping in front of the posturing Noivern and barring his passage forward with an arm. "You want me to tell Carmen you were acting like a big baby huh? Throwing a tantrum?"

This did get the noivern's attention and shifted his gaze slightly to glare at Avery without completely breaking eye contact with Voilanc, growling at a lower volume.

"I will tell her," Avery said firmly "She'll be so disappointed cause you've been pretty good lately, I can't imagine what she's gonna think when she hears about this,"

Dutch's growling dropped much lower and cut out with a loud huff and he lowered his wings, looking extremely put out. Avery backed up, forcing him to shuffle back a few paces, although his yellow eyes never broke contact with Voilanc's hoping for an excuse to force the issue.

"Sorry," said Avery again sounding embarrassed, dropping her arm when she was confident she had made her point to Dutch. "The only dragons we run into belong to people trying to arrest us so he hasn't learned not to go into standoff mode. He's just grandstanding though, he'll behave once we're on the job," Avery's voice turned stern as she turned to Dutch. "Won't you?"

The Noivern huffed loudly again, but he blinked slowly and his posture became marginally less tense.

Cresion Breezes Cresion Breezes Damafaud Damafaud

Fabian
『 Paquita (Skeledirge) | Quetzalli (Dragapult) | Ēostre (Lopunny) | Huichichi (Espeon) | Tepéyotl (Krookodile) | Mata Queye (Leavanny)』

Interactions: n/a

Some…mental or psychological means? In some ways that was relieving, in others, it was the exact opposite. Would they become infected if they had a bad day and felt particularly ‘defeated’? But if that were the case then how did it affect legendary pokémon?

Maybe it was some kind of brainworm? A corrupting influence, like the whispers of the devil and only those who had a strong attachment to humanity and the will—or even the desire—to resist that corruption… In that case, the more detached a legendary pokémon was from humanity or well, a reason not to screw over humanity, then the harder it would be to restore them to their rightful mind. Tricky, tricky…

Whatever the case was, they’d need to find some way to understand how the corruption worked and how it spread. At least they accidentally leave it with an opportunity to make a comeback.

Oh? Looks like they were on the move. “Chichi, return! Zalli, stay alert.”

While Espeon returned to her pokéball, Dragapult whorled through the air and vanished into Fabian’s shadow.

Fabian looked uneasily at the seas; he was a bit skeptical given the information currently at hand but if Zaniah said it was fine then he’d take their word for it. The Paldean-born turned to regard the group, taking curious note of the number of dragon types owned.

“You know, they say the mark of a great trainer is mastery over a dragon,” Fabian chuckled and took a moment to admire the new dragons. Salamence he’d already seen in action against the Guzzlords, but this Noivern was new. Unfortunately, any closer admiration would have to be for later. “If he’s rowdy around girls then…well, sorry, not sorry.”

The Dragapult phased into view, her wrapped loosely around Fabian. It’s not like he could change Quetzalli’s gender. The others were just going to have to cope.

[Empty]

Yggdrasil Executive
Darius Cinead
Surtr, Guardian of Muspelheim
A whole new world...

"Surtr, right?... I don't really know if that is your name or not."

Darius casually glanced backwards at the sound of his other name being mentioned; one eye staring down the approaching white haired lass as she too seperated herself from the group. Unlike the majority of the other trainers wisked away into this realm of chaos; she was one of the few that had managed to leave a more 'impactful' impression upon the red haired trainer; the other being Richard who like him, had his head screwed on straight.

Momentarily glancing towards the Nidoqueen that had accompanied Miiya as she wandered about, he would soon return his attention towards the trainer; now finding her even closer to him and with an outstretched hand and a small flame dancing upon a lighter that had seen better days. Intentionally ignoring her first question, Darius would oblige with the offer; raising the cigarette he held towards the open flame; a faint reflection of the fire itself ever present in his eyes as he studied the woman before him with a bit more intensity than before as she spoke; her voice lowered so as to keep what she said between the pair of them.

A puff of smoke escaping Darius's mouth as he exhaled would be the only real reaction the man gave in response to her comments; the man turning away slightly so as to stare at the sheep gathered around the shepard that was Zaniah. "Do what you want..." he replied coldly, taking another puff of his cig. "Whether you decide to stick close to me or keep your distance will fundamentally change nothing." he exhaled once again, now glarind down at Miiya through the smoke. "Though... If you can't bring yourself to trust your own decisions; then the only difference between you and those sheep gathered in a flock is that you choose to follow me instead of him" he stated matter of factly. "If I haven't already stressed it enough, this world is vastly different to what we are accustomed to. Death may be far more commonplace than what we can ever imagine...sacrifices might need to be made" he paused, taking another puff of his cig before dropping it to the floor; left foot twisting it into the dirt beneath him. "Do you trust me to value the weight of your life... if it meant endangering mine?" he asked softly, leaning in close towards Miiya, face inches away from hers. "What about If I told you to leave one of them behind... to save ourselves at the expense of their own life... would you turn your back and let them die?" he asked again, right hand now raising slowly towards her face; fingers invading her personal space as they danced their way through the white locks of her hair. "I won't stop you from following behind me...you are your own person... but let me make this crystal clear... " he leaned even closer now, his breath tickling the side of her neck as he whispered. "I won't save you..." he said softly, before pulling out from the close proximity and walking back towards the group as he overheard Zaniah talking once again, taking several notes regarding the legendaries as well as potential 'rewards'.

Absollover77 Absollover77
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With their next objectives now clear, Darius would slowly approach Richard; noticing the trio of pokemon once more. "I'll take you up on that offer then" he said, taking one of the three offered spots upon his pokemon. While Darius did own a pokemon capable of flight; he had seen it more benefactory to himself to keep that particular individual away for now.

Unlike some, he wasn't the type to flex or show off everything at his disposal...
Damafaud Damafaud

Code by Serobliss

The Sky Trainer

havrecd1yfw81.png

Richard Pierce
Beach, Vast Pony Canyon

Mood: Relaxed

il_570xN.3860715668_68by.jpg

Voilanc the Salamence
Chorus the Corviknight
Raol the Incineroar

What in Distortion were these guys going about with dragon-types.

Richard glanced down in disdain. "Meet a few coward of a Hydreigon and you'll change your mind. I'd rather have one confident Swalot than three Tyranitars that cower at the first sight of resistance." Not all Dragon-types got pride. People got the misconception of dragon-type's strengths because of their general bulk, but not all Pokemon were suitable for fighting to begin with.

Voilanc narrowed his eyes and spread his wings against the Noivern's provocation. Richard felt an air-chilling aura and clicked his tongue. "Stay, Voilanc." Intimidation. If that appeared in full force, they would be in for an unpleasant ride all around. That damn pride of his. Voilanc wasn't the type to start fight, but he never let go of a provocation. Probably an aftermath of being caught while hibernating.

The cold atmosphere faded and the Salamence folded his wings. He pretended to not care, but Richard damn knew he would try to smack Dutch the moment he got a chance.

"Hey, can't blame a Pokemon for being a criminal." Richard shrugged and completely blamed Avery for the misconduct. He thought of himself as the better trainer as well. For example, he didn't need the big guy to growl to know he was holding a grudge and Voilanc didn't need to growl to know he wasn't stopping future Noivern head-smacking attempts. They were good partners.

On the Dragapult's appearance, Richard merely shrugged and Voilanc did the equivalent with a twitch of a wing. "No worry. Voilanc's only like that with other Salamances."

Darius leapt onto Chorus and Richard offered a singular nod. They guy looked fine on first impression, but honestly? Just as crazy in the head as the rest. Totally an evil Team type and if he knew anything about evil teams it was that none of them were particularly sane. What in Distortion was an isekai.

"How about you two?" Richard turned to the three still undecided on a mode of transportation and resisted the urge to facepalm. One of them was the guy Darius got into some weird shenanigans in their original world with, the other was that girl that's been following Darius from the start. Miiya? He felt like Chorus gonna suffer.

Tag: AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy CloudySkyLoftyMoon CloudySkyLoftyMoon
Mention: Phayne Phayne KageYuuki KageYuuki Absollover77 Absollover77

Miiya listened to Darius' words carefully. What he said was true she was just a different kind of sheep. One that sees a different kind of ideal leader. One that is willing to sacrifice to win. Sacrifice is sometimes required when it comes to living or dying. As her thoughts dance around in her head, she felt something drift into her hair making her head subconsciously lean into the touch.

'Could she leave someone to die? If she couldn't save them? She wouldn't really have a choice in the matter now would she? Her Pokémon may be strong and bulky power houses but they can only handle so much...' Her mind screeched to a halt as she felt Darius' breath near her neck causing her to shutter. 'He's not going to save me. Then I will just have to follow him with my own strength.' A solitary nod was the only answer she was willing to give. She felt like her voice would crack from a strange bubbling feeling in her chest. Her cheeks were a dusted a faint pink the moment she was alone.

"Nina," The Nidoqueen paused in its observation and looked to her master. "I'm going to have to fly." The Pokémon nodded and made it's way over and was returned into its Pokéball.

---------------------------

Taking a moment to compose herself she followed behind Darius a little ways she was going to offer to have him fly with her but he had already jumped upon one of Richard's offered flying Pokémon.

'The mark of a great trainer huh? Most would conclude that is true. Raising and having mastery over a dragon Pokémon is no easy task. But doesn't it make you an even better trainer one to beat people that do when you don't?'

Instead of taking an offered ride she grabbed one of the balls on her waist and tossed it lightly. A Corviknight appeared it's eyes trained on his lady. "Gallahad. We are going flying for a bit. Be sure to keep pace with everyone else." The metal bird nodded with what could be seen as a bow and opened a wing for her to walk up and take a seat upon the Pokémon's back. It's wing remained outstretched until Miiya was settled. It's wing was lifted and placed into its proper position once more. The large metal bird moved to be in line with everyone else. It eyes sliding over the skyline and warily gazing towards the unnatural storm in the far off distance.​

Eric Wolfe
Avery said:
"So, okay! What colour is the hat in your world?"

"Uh . . ." Eric scratched the back of his head at Avery's sudden question and line of theories. "I think it's white and red actually." All he knew for certain was that rumors over the blasted hat on Mount Moon were responsible for several cleanup jobs along the summit of Mount Coronet. Mimicking Zaniah, he found a large rock to sit down on. Eric shrugged off his pack and rolled his shoulders with a sigh. Free of his backpack, he finally had a chance to take his jacket off, fastening a clasp so it draped over his shoulders more like a cape of sorts. Ponii Island was far warmer than the route he’d been walking back home in Sinnoh. "If his hat was different, wonder what else was different with that trainer. Was his star pokemon a Blastoise for you too? Was he even a he?" He couldn't deny there was something exciting about learning that there were so many other worlds out there, both so similar and so drastically different at the same time.

Though the whole issue of impending doom smothered most of that excitement and curiosity before it could really take hold. The sight of Darius stalking over to him further stamped it out. “Yeah,” he said, tension creeping into his voice. “Compared to saving this world? It would be.” The tension spread to his shoulders as Darius continued to speak. The last stand he and Freja had managed to make to rescue Aurora had been nothing short of a miracle. A costly one. “Who knows, it just might.”

Darius said:
"Are you so hell bent on trying to beat me, that you would endanger yourself and your own pokemon... again?"

“We did beat you, Surtr. And it’s not you, it’s that group of goons you work for.” He leaned forward slightly, red eyes watching the approaching admin. “It almost sounds like you’re the one hellbent on getting even.”

Darius said:
"That sounds... almost...almost villanous..."

He could feel the anger that simmered from Freja’s aura even before the warning growl emanated from her throat as Darius continued creeping closer.

Darius said:
"I wasn't aware... heroes willingly put their closest allies in danger... to satisfy their own ego… Even I wouldn't dare force my own pokemon to experience such pain... such suffering… What are the chances your Lucario would survive that experience again?”

“Back off, Surtr!” Eric snapped, feeling his own anger flare to match that of his pokemon’s. “I never forced my team to do anything. What happened that day was Freja’s own choice, not mine.” Perhaps some of his reckless stubbornness had rubbed off on his team. He could still remember the feeling, the way their auras felt like they’d become one. The burning pain as megastone and keystone blazed like stars and scorched flesh. The kind of power that the heroes in legends wielded.

It was terrifying.

A paw on his shoulder drew his thoughts back to the present. Eric looked back over at Freja, the Lucario didn’t take her eyes off the admin until he turned away back to the conversation at hand. The demands these people were making… It was ridiculous. Did they really think anyone would be able to pay something like that? It looked like these people were barely getting by as is.

Zaniah said:
"First of all, I'm gonna make it damn straight, that I can't give you shit for doing this. You. Get. Nothing.

There it was. More proof that there really wasn’t anything to give. Or at least nothing in Zaniah’s power to. Eric crossed his arms in front of his chest and leaned back as he listened. His frown only deepened as they were shown images of just some of the destruction stretching through the region. Chances were good this wasn’t even the worst of it.

Eric squinted at the map that was projected, struggling to even begin making heads or tails out of the spread of stars. Different worlds… There were so many of them. Far more than he could’ve even guessed. And it sounded like there were even more that the group Zaniah worked for hadn’t even charted out yet.

Red eyes widened as Zaniah made it painfully clear just how dire the situation really was. “Shit…” He whispered, raking his fingers through his hair. He knew it had to be bad, that much was obvious just from looking around. But the thought of how the corruption could just spread exponentially hadn’t even occurred to him yet. Stopping it at the source really was their only shot at bringing an end to it.

Their only real chance at saving every other world too.

Eric fell silent, mind spinning as he tried to comprehend just how dire things had become. Zaniah might have had his time to process and come to terms with their odds, but this was all very fresh. He took a breath, clenching his fists. He was staying. That much was obvious. After hearing everything he had, how could he possibly even consider leaving? A small glance at Freja. But he wouldn’t force his pokemon to stay if they didn’t want to. I’ll have to talk to them when we get a chance. I’m sure Lunala would take them back later instead of right this second.

He heard a few questions posed, trainers wanting to know if it had been uncovered how the corruption spread. They couldn’t risk losing their team to whatever this was if there was a way to prevent it. But Lunala was here, and so were the other legendaries who had helped them fight not even an hour ago. So this couldn’t have been some kind of virus that spread through contact.

Even so, there was still a small wave of relief at it being confirmed by Zaniah. Followed by a spark of hope that one of the legendaries had been freed by the group that came before them. “Then they really can be saved.” A grin tugged at his lips as Eric struck his open palm with his fist. “If it’s been done before, we can do it again!” That didn’t make it any easier, not by a long shot. But it suddenly felt a lot less hopeless than it had a few minutes ago. He watched as Zaniah started down the path from the altar with a promise of showing the ones who wanted payment something interesting. He slid off from the rock he’d been perched on and stretched, watching as the others finally shuffled after the man.

Private scene, can skip overEric started to follow after them but hesitated, fingers brushing the pokeballs that were clipped to his belt. “Hey Lunala . . . can you stay for a second?” He shot a glance back down the path before unclipping the pokeballs from his belt. One by one, the members of his team appeared in flashes of light.

Eir and Tyr had already seen the state of things, only giving their surroundings a brief glance before looking to him. The other three blinked in confusion. This wasn’t the Sinnoh landscape they’d been expecting.

“Hey guys,” he gave them a small smile, “lot’s happened in the last couple hours.” Eric worked to recount the events that had taken place, trying his best to cover every detail Zaniah had given them. “Sounds like we’re in pretty deep this time. It’s gonna be dangerous, but...” He shook his head, “I can’t leave these people like this. Plus the chance of it spreading into our world? Thought Yggdrasil was looking unstoppable. They don’t even compare.” Eric ran his fingers through his hair again, “Lunala can take you guys home if you--”

A sharp bark from his Arcanine cut him off. Kai snorted, a plume of smoke leaving his nose. Vero followed suit, the Braviary’s feathers fluffing out in defiance at the suggestion they abandon this place.

“It’s gonna be dangerous, way more than anything else we’ve done before.”

The team didn’t budge.

Eric looked over at Aurora, the Articuno’s attention was focused on the maelstrom raging in the distant skies. “Whatever this is . . . it’s like it targets pokemon like you.” Eric chewed his lip, part of him wanted to just send Aurora on back to the others. She’d already been through enough, could he really risk her becoming corrupted too? Even if it seemed like the risk was slim?

Aurora finally looked at him. “Cu…”

“He’s here too, you know. You’ll have to face him if you stick around.”

She hesitated, looking between the trainer and where Lunala waited.

Eric stepped closer, running his fingers through icy feathers as he scratched the top of her head. “You don’t owe me anything, you know. You’re more than recovered enough to head out on your own. You don’t have to put yourself in danger for me.”

With a sharp cry, Aurora spread her wings and sent a shower of snow and diamond dust around them. She turned her back on the way home, looking at him with a rare spark of defiance.

He sighed and chuckled, “Alright, alright, you made your point.” Eric looked out at them. “Thanks guys . . .” He looked over at the retreating specks the rest of the group had become. “We should probably get moving before they totally leave us behind, huh? Wonder what Zaniah wants to show us. Wanna stretch your legs, Kai?”

A bark and wagging tail answered him, the large Arcanine crouching low so he could easily climb on. Recalling the rest of his team, Eric and Freja settled on the large fire type’s back. He cast an apologetic glance at Lunala, “Sorry for keeping you here for nothing. We’ll do everything we can to fix this.” A nudge and Kai was off, racing down the trail after the rest of the group.

“Sorry, sorry! Had to take care of something.” He tossled his Arcanine’s mane as they caught up. “Big guy was dying to get out and stretch. Think he likes the warmer weather.” Eric stretched, folding his hands behind his head as he balanced on his pokemon’s back. “Hey, Zaniah, that dex of yours got any info on what’s foragable around here? I dunno about the rest of these guys, but I’ve really only got enough food in my pack for a couple days. A week if I really stretch things. I’m not really familiar with Alola, never been here before. Plus the whole . . . different world thing, y’know?”

Reaching the shore, Eric looked out over the water as he and Freja slid down from Kai’s back. “Thanks bud, but I don’t think you wanna go for a swim.” He ruffled his mane again before recalling the large pokemon. “Never heard of this Aether Foundation before though. But building an island sounds pretty cool.”

He watched the brief standoff between Avery and Richard’s pokemon, briefly glad he’d missed his chance at catching a troublesome Noibat that had been stealing fruit from a local orchard.

Eric waved off Richard’s question, “Vero’s got me covered.” In a flash of light his Braviary appeared, stretching his wings. Vero leveled a glare at Darius’s turned back before turning to look at Eric. “We’re gonna be following him to some ruins,” he gestured towards Zaniah and his pokemon. “Stay clear of those weird clouds, alright?”

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy Cresion Breezes Cresion Breezes Absollover77 Absollover77 Damafaud Damafaud CloudySkyLoftyMoon CloudySkyLoftyMoon Phayne Phayne

Last edited:

The ocean waves rocked back and forth gently beneath the group of soaring Pokemon, even if the horizon was still darkened, occasionally a few beams of light managed to squeeze through the overcast sky and reflect upon the dark indigo waters. The sea wind whooshed past the travelers with a slight chill despite the tropical climate of the Alola region, as if the air currents originated from a much more frigid place in the distance. That wasn't the concern now, what was the concern was the glowing pink swirl, the great saturated storm that drew closer as the Pokemon flew. The closer one got to the circle of psychic energy, the more tension built in the air. There was an aura, or some sort of force that grew stronger with every wing flap closer to the shores of Akala Island, one that felt like a giant hand pulling on the flying Pokemon attempting to approach it.

Massive piles of rocks and debris can be seen almost covering the entire island, volcanic remnants of the eruption of Wela Volcano. Those with more acute eyesight may even observe some pieces of reddish brown rocks being hurled and pulled into the air by whatever energy the great storm above extruded. The shore was in sight, and upon the curved shoreline of the island was a pale grey structure, geometric in shape but obviously severely damaged. It looked like a box that had been severed in half, its steel exterior torn in half by its own weight when the entire facility began to sink, now beached upon the island's shore.

Zaniah's Naganadel swirled a bit and seemed to recoil back a bit as the group approached the island, close enough to land. The poison-dragon type clearly had its flight abilities disturbed by the abundance of psychic and fairy energy that radiated off the island.

"Shh...you're holding up?" Zaniah rubbed the purple dragon's neck a bit, asking rather concernedly, he's never gotten this close to the island or the energy storm before, since coming to a place like this alone would be akin to suicide...even though that probably applied to most places now. The dragon did a circle in the air and began to descend slightly towards the pale grey box that marked the ruins of the former Aether Foundation's artificial island, its trainer looked back at the other fliers, slightly worried due to all the commotion and mishaps that happened before they took off. "...Did anyone get lost......What am I even worried about...?" He muttered before waving upwards.

"We can land about here! Those ruins are right there!" He shouted, trying to overpower the sound of the rushing wind. "Don't get too close to the storm on air!" Zaniah added, although he made a mental note that it's not like he can stop anyone from doing that.

The interior of the ruins was easy enough to get into, as there were plenty of holes and an entire wall missing from the facility. Former Aether Foundation's artificial island was a laboratory and a Pokemon conservatory, what seemed like remnant pieces of various scientific instruments littered the floor, along with boxes and shipping crates that were either jammed close or eroded open by natural forces.

It was a bit dark inside, the already not-so-bright sunlight now mostly blocked out by the shade of the ruined walls. It felt like it was nighttime or underground, despite being in the middle of the day on a beach.

"...Well, here we are. About just as wrecked as I imagined." Zaniah said half-heartedly as he returned his Pokemon to its ball while his eyes adjusted to the darkness inside. "I don't know too much about the structure of this place, not my world and all, but there should be similarities in what they keep around...Yeah..." He added, sounding slightly tired, while stepping over some pieces of collapsed scrap metal, deeper into the facility, before suddenly collapsing into a nearby slanted wall.

Zaniah felt a strange sense of dizziness, he wasn't the type to get air sickness, even in more turbulence conditions, maybe it was the darkness, or the fatigue of this whole ordeal getting to him. He wasn't sure, but there was an unnatural heaviness when he tried to move, it was as if the very air caused encumbrance to whoever entered it. Zaniah sighed quietly, maybe he was getting too old for this, maybe he'll retire when this entire thing is over... "I better not have bursted a blood vessel talking to those problem children..." He said quietly before adjusting a bit and walking on, however, the strange sensation lingered.

"Sorry, I'm fine, I won't slow us down. You guys all okay?"

RADIATING DESPAIR FILLS THE AIR...

There was something wrong with the atmosphere here, almost definitely. It wasn't about an individual's constitution, or whether someone is scared of the dark, there was just something...off.

It was as if breathing suffocated you, every breath felt like another finger curling around your neck in a strangling motion, and an impending sense of doom hung perpetually over your head, with every step the blade of despair inches closer to your skull, a locked-on guillotine waiting to fall. The rush of blood in your ears, and the steady heartbeat that proves you are alive all feel like the countdown to that inevitable strike.

Pokemon who were out seemed to feel the same, they were becoming hyperalert, or expressing some desire to return to their pokeballs. The blanket of suffocating despair washes over every living thing. it radiates a sensation that makes one feel if they were to take one more step forward, they may not have the strength to take the same step back.

...Yes, that is the feeling.

The feeling that you will die here.

Even if nothing happens.

Even if no great storm or frenzied abomination devours you.

You will still die here.

Because you will give up.

Because you won't have the strength to take another step.

...Now, perish.

MiiyaSprite.png

The flight was relatively calm upon her flying armored companion Gallahad. The Corviknight had no issues keeping up with the odd dragon Pokémon leading the way to the remains of the Aether foundation.

The Aether foundation, it was something of note even back in her own world. She had recieved invitations to see it while she was the champion of Kalos but she never found a reason to come see it. Giovanni had said something about the place though. It is a giant complex of Pokémon study and habitat analysis. Sure they likely studied other things given the size of the artifical Island but for a place like that to be beached. It had to have been struck directly by a legendary Pokémon going ballistic, or maybe something even worse that she couldn't even begin to fathom. "Gallahad... Be sure to keep a careful eye on the water." The metal bird flapped it's wings lifting to a slightly higher altitude. The steel clad bird must have detected her unease flying over the open water.

-------------

After landing safely and recalling her flying partner. The site was a absolute mess. Cluttered debris, broken storage containers, and countless pieces of metal scrap. It was a shame to see this beach was filled to the brim with destruction. It only took a few steps until she felt something strange. She shuttered her hands drifting to the pokeballs lining her waist. Her breath felt like ice as it climbed from her lungs to escape her mouth. This feeling, she's felt something like this.

"Xerneas, and the great weapon..." Clutching her ball belt with white knuckles she bit her lower lip too keep herself focused. "T-This is n-nothing..." Taking up deep breathing she kept on stepping forward. A step for each deep breath. Even if each step gave her a renewed sense of dread, grip upon her neck ever tighter. She couldn't allow herself to fall victim to this place, even if her body refused and screamed for her to surrender. Even if it feels like there is a headsman's axe leveled at her neck she has to find what answers if any this place can give her. Maybe perhaps this place is just making her uneasy because she doesn't have a Pokémon out with her like she normally does? Perhaps that is it, maybe Psy would be a good choice? A psychic type like him would be a solid choice. It should be able to detect things she can't.

Lifting the ball from her belt the psychic Pokémon popped from the ball. The Reuniclus floated there for a moment before the easy going green Pokémon opened its eyes and took note of its surroundings. The more it took in the more off put the Pokémon seemed to be it's abilities stretched from itself detecting the air of unease and seeming sense of death. This was no time for being a lazy slacker or being a frightened slacker. "Psy... Help me move around... I don't feel so good." The Pokémon's eyes began to glow a soft blue as she was lifted to the Pokémon's arms holding their trainer up off the ground like one would carry a princess. The glow vanished as the Pokémon floated in the air awaiting Miiya's next command. The two remaining close to the group if not just a few paces ahead but easily still within reach if someone was motivated enough to take about five steps past Zaniah.​

The Sky Trainer

havrecd1yfw81.png

Richard Pierce
Ruins, Akala Island

Mood: Anxious

be549032c949179923e5e791bdd3d899.jpg

Zane the Magnezone
Raol the Incineroar

Tenna the Altaria
Richard wanted nothing more than to leap off Voilanc and onto the island, but the damn sky gave him second thoughts. Raol had a similar mind; the Incineroar's antsy glances did not escape him. The island did not feel safe enough for a leisurely glide.

Voilanc and Chorus returned to their luxury balls once they landed. Richard put out a member of his team yet to be seen, Zane the Magnezone. It was not part of his champion's team, but it was a valuable member during the skirmishes. Richard smiled as the Magnezone looked around and hovered behind him. Shy guy.

"Protect the back," he instructed before turning to the others. "Keep one or two of your guys out. No way of knowing what in the Distortion can pop up here."

The building was in ruin and a damn annoying one to be in. Zane got eyes on the scraps everywhere, but Richard wasn't even sure what they were looking for there. Raol light the place with Will O' Wisps, but even those couldn't light anything of interest in the room.

At least, until the pressure fell.

Richard felt nothing until he staggered forward and fell. Raol hurried to his side, growling unpleasantly at the depth.

"Something's... wrong... dumbass..." He wouldn't take any chance. Richard fumbled for another luxury ball, the last member of his team. Tenna the Altaria escaped with a melodious cry before it turned strangled by the dark atmosphere. With what breath he had left, Richard created a V; a signal they practiced together. Tenna shook her fears off and sang a melodious chime, echoing Heal Bell through the broken hall.

Yet, as the last echo disappeared, the feeling remained. Tenna peered about nervously and Richard recalled her. He leaned over Zane, cold sweat over his face. Heal Bell did not work; neither did Tenna's natural ability to neutralize weather. What was this, he didn't know.

"Help me up," he said through suffocated breath. The Magnezone let out a low hum as it lowered its levitation. Raol lifted him onto Zane, his brows creased deep.

This wasn't a good start. "Hey. What's in here anyway?"

Tag: Cresion Breezes Cresion Breezes
Mention: Phayne Phayne KageYuuki KageYuuki Absollover77 Absollover77 AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy CloudySkyLoftyMoon CloudySkyLoftyMoon

Avery Kingwood" Master Thief
Dutch pulled up long before the danger zone of the fairy storm, he was a bit of a showoff but not a stupid pokemon by any means when he bothered to think things through and a massive, probably legendary created maelstrom of ravening fairy/psychic energy definitely rated the Noivern's attention.

"Try defogging as we go," Avery suggested to her mount as Dutch began descending cautiously. "You're not gonna dispel that mess but you might thin it out a bit here at the edges?" With a hiss of assent Dutch cut his speed sharply and began using powerful beats of his wings to push away as much of the rampant energy while descending in a controlled manner. Like this Avery, Dutch and Carmen made landfall mostly unharmed, although Dutch seemed to be in an even fouler mood than usual so Avery recalled him promptly to give him some time to cool off and shrug off any lingering effects from the storm.

Avery jogged to catch up with the lead group but pulled up short when they started staggering as if struck but it made no difference. A thick, cloying wave of despair swept over Avery like a cloud of city smog. It was like an intensified, more malignant variant of the air Avery breathed as a child on the streets of Goldenrod: a heady mixture of pollutants from a dozen different factories combined with a malaise of weariness, cynicism and crushing indifference from the people shuffling by. It was a feeling of a thousand pairs of eyes sliding right off you as though you had never existed in the first place.

"Wowee that sucks," Avery murmured, tasting something warm and salty on her tongue as she spoke. She realised suddenly that she had been biting her lower lip, hard and now a trickle of blood was running down her chin. "Whoopsie," Avery laughed uncertainly. "Don't wanna leave any DNA at the scene of the crime if we're gonna loot this place properly," Absently Avery recalled Carmen to her ball, she was pretty quick on the draw with a pokeball and her team knew to come out swinging if the situation was hairy so Avery felt like it was better to minimize their exposure to whatever was effecting her.

"Z-man, are we sweeping this place clean or are we after something specific?" Avery called out to Zaniah, having settled on a nickname for him on the flight over. "Because if we're going to stay here for very long then we need to find whatever is bringing down the vibes and uhh... convince it to not do that, one way or the other,"

Cresion Breezes Cresion Breezes

Fabian
『 Paquita (Skeledirge) | Quetzalli (Dragapult) | Ēostre (Lopunny) | Huichichi (Espeon) | Tepéyotl (Krookodile) | Mata Queye (Leavanny)』

Without prominent wings with which to flap and as part of its whole Ghost-type spiel, Dragapult’s flight was more akin to levitation or a spectral slither through the air. Of course, that meant Quetzalli’s flight was extraordinarily smooth; smooth enough that Fabian had closed his eyes and appeared to have comfortably dozed off…

The ruins of the Aether Foundation… the air was permeated with something foul, something sick and… foreboding. Fabian frowned, his breath shortening. He wasn’t unfamiliar with this kind of heavy atmosphere, the higher floors of Lavendar Tower with their immensity of ghost presence carried heft and grief in equal measure. This felt similar but not identical.

A Dark or Ghost move could disturb any resting Ghost types and it might potentially destroy the lingering effects of a Ghost-type move—if it lucked into a critical strike. However, that was a risky play. It would be unwise to unduly disturb a haunt of ghosts and furthermore, who knew what exactly lurked in these ruins?

It was best to be careful.

“Qiqi, I’ll need your help—Shadow Swamp!”

The first pokéball on Fabian’s waist popped open, his Skeledirge revealing herself once more. With a throaty hiss, the fiery bird on Qiqi’s head took flight and hovered around Fabian—a living torch. With a new light source being created, Fabian cast a dark shadow across the ground which Paquita slithered into. The ghost croc all but vanished, save for her glowing red eyes as she lurked in her trainer’s shadow.

“If this feeling persists then we shouldn’t stay here for long. Ghost-type grudges and mementos grow more powerful the longer the victim remains subject to them. It might be safer to retreat and let our bodies recover between delves.”

[Empty]

Yggdrasil Executive
Darius Cinead
A whole new world...

From his perch atop Richard's corviknight, Darius would glance down towards the remnants of this universes Aether foundation, a derelic ruin cast upon the islands shore. It was a stark contrast to his universes Aether foundation; the marvel upon the sea's with its countless research data. A wry smile would form across his lips as he dabbled with the thought of claiming some of this worlds data for his own; the potential applications that Yggdrassil could take away from such research would have undoubtedly been beneficial for the organization. Alas, there was no gaurantee that there was anything worthwhile left... anything to salvage given the sorry state of the high-tech facility.

It wouldn't be much longer before they would land, Darius swiftly sliding down the metallic wing of the avian bird of prey; his focus centered more around the scenery around him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the others clambered off their respective pokemon, Darius would remain in a more central location. Whilst he had the means of defending himself, should the need arise; he saw no real need to call upon one of his party members just yet; instead opting to allow the others to do the 'guard duty' for him; the red sheen of pokemon being recalled/summoned from their pokeballs occurring all around him.

It wouldn't be long before the group entered into the labyrinth remnants of the facility; a cold touch carressing Darius's neck as the atmosphere took a sudden turn for the worse. It would only take a few more minutes of traversing the lair of the beast before Darius would find himself against the wall; his energy gradually being sapped.

".... and now my point is proven..." mumbled Darius, as he pressed a hand against the wall for support; beads of sweat forming upon his brow as he did his best to fend off this miasma of malice that seemed to permeate the entirety of the space they had so far traversed. It hadn't even been a day and already his point was being proven true; the severity of the situation... the swirling unseen mist of insanity that was slowly entwining this party of 'make-a-wish' hero's. If his words upon the altar had done little to dissipate the illusion that this was some isekai fantasy for the deluded wooloo that followed the shepherd, then this taste of this worlds version of reality would surely nail in that point.

'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kanto anymore.' Darius couldn't help but smirk slightly as he recalled a quote from a film he had seen in his youth, the protagonist also being whisked away to some fantasy world against their will.

Using his other hand to wipe away the globules of cold sweat upon his brow, Darius would push himself off of the wall, taking several steps forward as he grasped the luxury ball containing Loki. All things considering, only half of his present team were suited to combat within this dilapidated ruin, the other three's anatomy being more of a hindrance than benefit at this point.

"Loki" spoke Darius, as the egotistical ball of sentient fluff burst into existence; the mischievious pain in the ass floating down like a leaf against the breeze before clambering atop the right shoulder of Darius. "This will be just like our venture into the cave of origin... we can't be too careful in this place..." spoke Darius, before following behind the others.

A slow palm to the face and a shake of the head would be Darius's immediate response as he heard Avery's remark. "I highly doubt anyone would care at this point...I'm sure any law enforcement that still exists have more important things on their plate..." he sighed, brushing past her as he continued to push ahead; an orange glow soon emanated from behind him. Darius had just about turned around in time to see the Skeledirge sink into her trainers shadow.

Code by Serobliss

Eric Wolfe
The flight over the open water had been fairly uneventful. Thanks to the swirl of unnatural clouds overhead there wasn't any sun to offer reprieve from the cold wind, forcing Eric to pull his jacket back on. He peered down at the gentle waves and inky depths below them. If there were any pokemon left down there, none of them had elected to show themselves to the soaring group of trainers. Let alone try and attack them. Much as Eric hated to admit it, his team wasn't particularly well suited for battling out on open water. He glanced at the others flying nearby. With any luck maybe someone's team is. Only a matter of time before we'll need to handle one of the water legendaries. Assuming the group didn't tear itself apart before then.

Maybe it's a good thing the wind's making it too hard to really hear each other. If they were arguing more, he couldn't tell. Though it seemed a few were intent on trying to get some sleep as they flew. Eric wished he could doze. Adrenaline from before still buzzed in his fingertips, mixing with the oppressive energy that permeated the air creating a nervous tension that forced him into high alert. Bet that's why Zaniah looks about dead on his feet.

Eric cast another wary glance at the raging swirl of pink that loomed overhead. Having psychic and fairy type pokemon on his team meant he was no stranger to how their abilities felt. That same feeling all but poured out of the strange maelstrom that dominated the skies. Vero let out an uneasy chirp, his feathers ruffling in an attempt to look bigger to the unseen threat. "Easy buddy," Eric carded his fingers through the Braviary's feathers. "We're almost there. I think."

The island they were approaching looked scorched and dead, ravaged by what Eric could only guess was the large volcano nearby. "That must be it there." He gestured towards the ruined steel structure that stood out against the darkened landscape. "If that isn't part of an artificial island or whatever they called it, then I don't know what is." He added with a low mutter. Vero wasn't the only one that was left uneasy by the raging storm as they drew closer and closer. Though he didn't balk like Zaniah's pokemon had. And they've been here for months now.

After a moment, their guide finally descended and found a spot to land on the ruined building before motioning for them to do the same.

Zaniah said:
"Don't get too close to the storm on air!"

"Don't need to tell me twice." Eric muttered as he motioned for Vero to land. The storm was likely the work of a rampaging legendary and not the source of the corruption like he'd originally guessed when they first arrived. A legendary belonging to Alola he likely wouldn't know much about no less.

Touching down on what seemed to be a stable foothold, Eric hopped down from Vero's back and patted the pokemon. "Thanks, bud. Might be a bit too cramped in there for you though." With that, he recalled the Bbaviary and unclipped a different pokeball from his belt. In a flash, Tyr was back at his side. "Mind giving us some light?"

The Gallade nodded and focused for a moment, forming bright orbs of light that drifted to float near each of the gathered trainers.

Flash

"If you stay close by, Tyr can help keep things lit up for everyone." Eric called to the group as he made his way further inside. So far, nothing inside really stood out as all that interesting to the trainer. The ruins of some kind of science facility he'd gathered. But the name Aether Foundation didn't really ring any bells for him.

It hit suddenly; a wave of dread that coiled around his throat and sunk icy claws into his heart. The air left his lungs in a panicked, strangled wheeze as he stumbled and barely caught himself against a wall. "Wh-what is this?" He couldn't force his voice to be more than a hoarse whisper. It was like stepping inside had signed his own death warrant. Like the sharp edges of a Doublade were already cutting into his throat. "Freja..." The name had barely left his lips when the Lucario appeared in a flash. A low growl rumbled in her throat as her fur stood on end. Red eyes searched the dark for the source of the danger.

Several of the lights formed by flash flickered out as Tyr tensed up. A pink glow began gathering on his bladed arms, ready to lash out at the first threat that showed itself.

The others were feeling it too as even Darius seemed to stagger suddenly at the weight. One of Richard's pokemon tried to clear whatever it was that had swept over the group but to no avail. Whatever this was had to be stronger than them. And it wanted them dead.

You'll die here. Whatever was causing this seemed to scream into his very core. You'll die here and save no one. Change nothing. And no one will even know.

Eric gritted his teeth, balling a trembling hand into a fist and feeling his nails dig into his palm. "I'm . . . fine." He bit the words out, forced his voice to work as he took a step after Zaniah. And then another. Each step was like walking through thick sludge. A swamp ready to drag him into the abyss. At the back of the group, he watched as Fabian's own pokemon disappeared into her trainer's shadow. "You think this is some kinda ghost thing?"

Damafaud Damafaud CloudySkyLoftyMoon CloudySkyLoftyMoon

The air was heavy, and was getting heavier with each step taken into the dilapidated ruins. Zaniah looked at the others, which made it clear that whatever he felt wasn't just his fatigue or nerves cracking at their seams. Something was definitely off here. But it was at least somewhat relieving that most of them were still willing to walk forward, even if it was just out of sheer pride or stubbornness.

The peppy girl, although she seemed rather intimidated by whatever was in the air, still looked at least somewhat excited about the prospect of these ruins, and hadn't lost that penchant for giving people nicknames that involve singular letters.

"...I said I don't know what's in here already...take what you want...if you have the energy for it that is." Zaniah wiped a bit of cold sweat from his brow and sighed. "...Aether Foundation...in my world they publicly handled Pokemon conservation, like the Corsola of Alola, protecting them from jewelers who are after their branches, over-predation from Mareanie, stuff like that...Of course, there were plenty of...less public going-ons as well." He tried to explain the things he knew as well as possible, but it was hard to gather thoughts in the dark and oppressive atmosphere. "Law enforcement...if only someone actually respected me..." They accepted the fact that they would likely die without anyone knowing, in the process of saving the world, while a champion or a prodigious trainer is the one whom the region sees as its hero. Zaniah has accepted that as a member of the International Police, accepted that when he came to this world, but the true pressure of impending death was still suffocating, eating away at one's resolution bit by bit.

A few others let out their fire types or other Pokemon who can light up the area, the faint glittering permeated the darkness. It did better for vision, but didn't help the dreary feeling, neither did heal bell nor defog manage to dispel it.

"That rules out the possibility of toxins...or hazards...Ghosts...that does seem possible..." Zaniah said quietly to himself.

But as the group progressed, they would notice something else in the air. A distinct...smell. It was a sharp and unpleasant one, the scent of toxins and heavy metals mixed together, utterly terrible fumes that rival the most polluted and unprocessed industrial wastes of major cities and industries.

Ahead was a part of the ruins that were mostly submerged in water, a pool of seawater that leaked into the structure. The water, however, was abnormal, it shone slightly under the dim lights and reflected with a strange incandescent colour, as if there was a thin film over it. It reeked of chemical spillage and metallic waste, adding to the already uncomfortable atmosphere with the sharply unpleasant scent. Zaniah walked up to the pool and tried to get a good look at it, but the dark water blended into the darkness surrounding the group.

"Kyri, magnet rise." The metallic gear-shaped Pokemon appeared from its pokeball and began levitating above the pool of foul water. "Thunder wave, give it a little light." The trainer asked as the metallic Pokemon gave off some faint sparks that reflected upon the water.

"I see..." Using the faint light sources Zaniah tried to observe the water, it wasn't difficult to guess what happened, he simply wanted to make sure. "...Chemical spillage, from the laboratories. Of course, after the facility was abandoned, there was no way to treat these toxic byproducts..." But that didn't really solve the mystery of the strange gloomy sensation in the air, until what seemed like a group of white mist began to approach the dim lights that the group and their Pokemon gave off.

Co- ... Co......Cor...

Cor...

Cu...- Cu......

Co...

There were whimpers in the air, whimpers that soon turned into shrieks and wails.

Cor-!

Pale white rock-like Pokemon began to emerge from the shadows of the scraps and debris, their bodies were shaped like the coral Pokemon Corsola, yet most of it was either washed completely colourless or reduced to a ghostly ectoplasm. There were a few of them who's shells were cracked, and more ectoplasm oozed out of the sheet white rocks, making those particular ghost types seem much more imposing than the others.

Galarian Corsola.

Cursola.

They radiated that sense of despair felt so deeply by all who were present.

Perish body, the ghostly ability of Cursola, amplified by the darkness and corruption of this world created that overwhelming sense of despair. They closed in, crawling on their stubby legs that dragged on the metal ruins, occasionally the sound of snapping and scratching on metal can be heard from under the Pokemons' feet, combined with their ear piercing wailing and crying into a cacophony that chilled one's heart.

"...These variants, they were only seen in Galar-" Zaniah wanted to express something, but it seemed like he figured something out mid-sentence as he gazed at the pool of polluted waters with a complex expression on his face. "Kyri, wild charge!" He ordered his Pokemon to attack the sources of the gloomy aura, but the gear-shaped Pokemon only produced a few sparks before seeming exhausted and slowly beginning to lose altitude.

"Tsk! Of course, this feeling is..." Zaniah recalled his Kyri quickly before the Klinklang could fall into the pool of polluted water, they never liked poison, even whilst being a steel type. "...You're right kid, it is a ghost type thing."

REQUIEM FOR THE REEFS
CURSOLA & G.CORSOLA (AMOUNT UNKNOWN)

EdOLZKq.png

"REQUIEM FOR THE REEFS"
\\\

ABILITY: PERISH AURA
"You are steeped in radiating despair..."
Pokemon Effect: Pokemon will faint or attempt to forfeit the battle if they use more than 3 moves while being steeped in Perish Aura.
Trainer Effect: Trainer willpower is sapped and mental fortitude is reduced by an overwhelming sense of despair.

KNOWN MOVES: ???, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???

STAT BOOSTS: NONE
\\\

Avery took in a hissing breath as the sinister horde approached, the aura of despair that had been weighing down on them all throughout the facility coming into sharp and terrible focus. Avery had never generally had a problem with ghost types, she admired both their mischievous side and their defiant refusal to go along quietly with the natural order. But something about corsola had always struck the thief as deeply melancholic, clustered together like this the bleached white pokemon resembled the bones of the very planet laid bare by callous despoilage. "Variant? Those are just normal corsola though?" Avery said, snapping out of her funk as something Zaniah said struck her as odd. "The variants are those fancy pink ones only corpo types can afford,"

Before Avery could worry about that though there was a flash of light from her belt as Celebi released itself from its ball with a high pitched, keening wail. Celebi was deeply aligned with nature and its balance and the mythical pokemon seemed to feel the distress of the corsola and cursola almost as strongly as the ghost pokemon themselves.

"I know kid," Avery said softly, watching the approaching ghost swarm with uncharacteristic seriousness. "But we probably can't talk our way out of this one,"

Despondently Celebi nodded. Between the overwhelming grief of the colony and the corrupting influence of this world's strange phenomenon, reasoning with these pokemon would probably be impossible without at least subduing them first.

"You might want to sit this one out kid, it's not gonna be pleasant" Avery said, palming another pokeball and sending out Carmen, her reptilian starter unfurling herself to her full height and hissing cooly at the hostile ghosts.

Celebi seemed to consider this option as the miasma of despair emanating out from the corsola sapped his willpower, but the fey like pokemon's expression firmed up and it shook its head fiercely. It needed to be here for this.

"Alright then, let's try 'that' plan then," said Avery, forcibly trying to return to her usual state of levity. "I mean we never did get around to practicing it or anything but what's the worst that could happen? Carmen, use taunt, get their attention while the kid sets up. Kid, use calm mind,"

"Bii" Chirped Celebi, as he began glowing with faint, but powerful psychic energy.

Meanwhile Carmen hissed, a cruel grin twisting her pointed snout. She was always ready to play the villain when it was needed. With a dismissive gesture the Salazzle raised a clawed hand and flicked a few sizzling drops of poison towards the ghosts. It wasn't a real poison attack, the actual technique of taunt was powered by dark energy after all, this was simply a cruel bit of theatre meant to enrage the foe by taunting them about their toxic demise.

"I'm going to do a thing!" Avery called out to the rest of the pokemon trainers, making sure her voice was loud enough to be heard clearly over the sounds of battle. When I switch out Celebi for my Kecleon you will want to make sure you don't have any ghost type pokemon on the field,"

Cresion Breezes Cresion Breezes Damafaud Damafaud KageYuuki KageYuuki Phayne Phayne CloudySkyLoftyMoon CloudySkyLoftyMoon Absollover77 Absollover77

The Sky Trainer

havrecd1yfw81.png

Richard Pierce
Ruins, Akala Island

Zane the Magnezone
Raol the Incineroar

Raol the Incineroar growled, his fur raising at the discomfort rising from the Cursolas' appearance. The pale likeness of the Cursola contradictorily raised Richard's spirit. He held his posture up, forming composure which once faded.

"Raol, Flare Blitz."
His voice rasped like haunted trees, but Raol got the message. His roar, overwhelming with rage and oppression, surged as the Incineroar charged forward. Flame burst fiercely and licked the atmosphere dry and blind his eyes ember red. Intimidation was built to his veins, forcing all against him to subconsciously took another step.

"Zane, Flash Cannon." The Magnezone complied and charged a beam of energy above its head. Richard slid down its grasp, shaking with every breath. Charging in was not his style, but the ideal situation could not always be forced.

"If... we spend too long against them..." He glanced at Avery. "We'll die... from despair."

It was not an exaggeration. Once the pressure they felt were overwhelming, they would be paralyzed and unable to make the right choices. What left would be easy picking for the Cursolas.

Raol crashed onto the Cursolas with a terrifying roar. With Richard off its head, Zane threw the white spherical energy formed above its head toward the reef, following the Incineroar's attack.

Tag: AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy
Mention: Phayne Phayne KageYuuki KageYuuki Absollover77 Absollover77 CloudySkyLoftyMoon CloudySkyLoftyMoon Cresion Breezes Cresion Breezes

Fabian

Cursola, the perish pokémon. That would be…quite the tricky opponent. The strength of their perish body only served to highlight the gravity of this world’s situation. Fabian had to assume there were tens, maybe even hundreds of the things just lying in wait—radiating enough despair to crush a man in body & soul.

Attacks went flying—Wild Charge, Flare Blitz… Fabian grimaced. “Careful, we don’t know how strong their mutated Perish Body might be, if it’s strong enough to make us feel like this then I don’t want to know what happens when our Pokémon touch it and trigger it in full.”

Very fortunately, Fabian was well-equipped to handle ghost with own ghosts. Very unfortunately, it looked like he was going to have to recall those ghosts. The Paldean born twitched with mild irritation at Avery’s warning, what was she trying to do here…? The Paldean had a guess given her type-changing Kecleon and her warning…Synchronoise. It couldn’t be helped but… “Really? Ever heard of Friendly fire?”

Quetzali and Qiqi returned to their pokéballs and with them, Fabian’s light source. Despite further irritation, Fabian stepped back to let Avery do…whatever she was going to do...and hoped she’d be quick about it. He wasn’t keen on sending out any of his other Pokémon; they were primarily physical attackers, and he certainly didn’t want afflicted with whatever this super-amped Cursed Body could do.

Still, the Paldean wasn’t idle. More than the Cursula, Fabian worried about the man-made island itself.

“Check your attacks, if this Cursoa reef was formed by the intense pollution of the water then we want none of that water touching us. I don’t know how long this place has been abandoned for, but I wouldn’t be surprised if a few rooms had filled or been submerged with water. We don’t want to hit one and douse herself is years of toxic waste.”

[Empty]

As the physical and special attacks from Richard's Pokemon slammed into the hoard of Galarian Corsola and Cursola, many of the round ghastly Pokemon were blown back, with the light coming from the Pokemon moves, the sight of the coral Pokemon being slammed into walls or blown back into the toxic waste-filled water can be seen. Some of their silhouettes seem to have struggled and bobbed up and down for a moment, before the silhouette under the poisonous water ceased moving, and shattered into pieces, slowly sinking downwards to a place where no light could reach anymore. After the light of the fire-type attack and flash canon faded, the dimness of the environment returned quickly. There was a distinct sound of cracking that came from the now bleached coral Pokemon as they hit the floors, or walls made out of steel or carbon fiber, it sounded like the snapping of bones mixed with the shattering of boulders as the chalky rock-like bodies of the corsola were shattered and smeared over the walls. A few wisps and sparkles floated upwards, vaguely reflecting the dim light that came off of the various Pokemon and moves the group was using, then vanished away into the melancholic air. It was clear that these Corsola were not all that powerful, their frail stone bodies cracking at their seams from much more powerful Pokemons' attacks.

"Ugh...ow..." Zaniah looked away from the flash cannon attack, the Pokemon move that emitted bright light in the constantly dark ruins hurt his eyes a bit. Avery's comment was..strange, to say. Although Galarian variants of corsola have been seen elsewhere, it was by far the rarer version worldwide, due to it being formed by Galar's unique climate in the past. "...Are you from Galar...or...Fancy? A pink corsola is considered-" He shook his head quickly and stopped thinking about whatever implication that had on the place that this girl came from, there were some more pressing matters at hand, like her comment on the ghost types and another trainer's concern at that.

While it was rather troubling that whatever would happen is bad for ghost types, since it would be likely that many of their group would send out their own ghost type Pokemon to battle the also ghostly coral with, the fact that no Pokemon could stay too long in battle due to perish body's oppressive aura made it slightly less problematic. Though Zaniah probably didn't have a say on this, he doesn't have any ghost types on him anyway. "I guess some people are just too used to working alone..." Zaniah recalled some actions of the trainers present in the earlier battle, and that much seemed clear, at least there was the courtesy of a warning this time...maybe more of a threat, but still better than nothing at least.

The mass of ghostly coral, however, wasn't going to sit around and wait for the group to argue or discuss. Even though Richard's Pokemon did knock away a few of them, the numerous mass of white rocky Pokemon still crawled forward relentlessly. In the pack, one particularly large Cursola raised its ectoplasm-enveloped head up high, and an otherwordly glow began to surround it and some of the Corsola nearby. It was rather difficult to read what move it was using at first, but as the Corsola's rocky bodies were lifted up into the air, and hurled at the Incineroar and Magenezone that formerly attacked them, it became clear that Cursola was using
[Rock Tomb], using its own allies as rocks to be hurled out. The Corsola were hurled through the air, their small beady eyes locked with the Pokemon and people they were heading towards, deep inside the expressionless surface of those deep black beads laid an endless ocean of sadness.

"Lillia, power gem!" A blue-ish light flashed by as Zaniah's Nihilego was released, what Fabian said has merit, the toxic wastewater around the battlefield could spell trouble for many Pokemon if they battle too close to it, it was a good thing he had several poison and steel Pokemon, even if they weren't the perfect choices to battle Cursola with. "What are they even doing...What is...this type of behavior?" Lillia the Nihilego twirled around in the air before launching some powered pebbles towards the income Corsola hurled at her and her trainer, and like Richard's Pokemon, the much more powerful rock type move brushed on some of the Corsola's body and chipped off pieces of the white coral, even shattering some. It was clear that these coral Pokemon were nowhere near battle-hardened, despite bringing such despair with their mere existence, they perished, and will perish again, as easily as their weary victims could.

REQUIEM FOR THE REEFS
CURSOLA & G.CORSOLA (AMOUNT DEPLETED, A BIT)

EdOLZKq.png

"REQUIEM FOR THE REEFS"
\\\

Pokemon Effect: Pokemon will faint or attempt to forfeit the battle if they use more than 3 moves while being steeped in Perish Aura.
Trainer Effect: Trainer willpower is sapped and mental fortitude is reduced by an overwhelming sense of despair.

KNOWN MOVES: Rock Tomb, ???, ???, ???, ???, ???

\\\

Yggdrasil Executive
Darius Cinead
A whole new world...

Watching the scenes unfold before his eyes, Darius would wait for a viable opening to conduct his offense; eyes staring ahead of himself despite the constant drain upon his body from the lingering aura of despair that permeated the cavern they found themselves in. Despite the pressing matter faced before him; he saw very little need to immediately get himself involved in the fight; the tight confines of their present location as well as the decrepit nature of this dilapidated ruin had made it quite hard for him to justify; busting out the big moves... much less the big Pokémon that accounted for one third of his party; even if a certain pokemon was inherently perfect when type matchups came to play.

Leaning against the side of the wall, he would continue to wait; observing the ever changing situation as his compatriots -whether he liked them or not- continued to do the business. That being said, their situation had yet to really change in their favor; the appearance of the Cursola amidst the rocky terrain of frail Galarian corsola had proven to be an opportunity that Darius would soon seize upon; the red haired trainer taking the distraction that the peons afforded him to initiate his own counter attack; the power gem from Zaniah's Nihilego allowing a certain member of Darius's team to slip by unnoticed.

A few minutes prior to the power Gem, Darius had reached for one of his luxury pokeballs; the container for a pokemon whose ghostly nature seemed to resonate with the current events unfolding around them. "Nyx!" commanded Darius, as the purple glow radiated off of the pokemon; "Use Shadowsneak to get behind that Cursola and cleave it in two with Nightslash!" barked Darius; reeling slightly at the continued drain upon his physical state. "Loki... back Nyx up. The moment she reappears behind Cursola... use a light screen on her! We don't know what else lurks here" he continued, acknowledging Nyx's nod of her head as she descended into the shadows below; Loki glaring ahead of himself as he watched for the subtle appearance of Nyx behind the Cursola.

As the power gem peppered the corsola, Nyx, would ascend from the shadows behind Cursola; two ghostly blades infused with dark fiery energy, swinging down upon the ectoplasm globule that encompassed the main body of the ghostly coral.

Code by Serobliss

The Sky Trainer

havrecd1yfw81.png

Richard Pierce
Ruins, Akala Island

Zane the Magnezone
Raol the Incineroar

Richard felt like dying and half of these bastards froze like they were at their first tournament. By Arceus, half of them didn't even have their Pokemon out. Richard gritted as the Corsola focused on his Pokemon. He didn't have the energy to shout at the rookies.

"Protect." The rocks bounced harmlessly off Zane, but Raol wasn't as fortunate. He had always been a sweeper, a killing machine that ran in late to destroy everything in his path. The Incineroar tried his best to defend, but the Corsolas nonetheless crashed against him. He was hurt. Something inside him cracked, but the battle was still going on. He could not falter now. He couldn't lose his mind now.

"Darius, spread that Light Screen over. Raol, Assurance." The Power Gem distracted the Cursola. Darius' command was an opportunity. Raol growled and charged against the hails of brittle whites. Once Shadowsneak hit, the Incineroar pincered in to assure death. He would never leave everything up to chance.

Tag: Phayne Phayne Cresion Breezes Cresion Breezes
Mention: KageYuuki KageYuuki Absollover77 Absollover77 CloudySkyLoftyMoon CloudySkyLoftyMoon AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

1699745717614.png

Miiya groaned slightly and with a less that energy filled toss a pokeball fell from her hand. This place was suffocating and made her feel absolutely horrible. The pokeball she dropped popped open and Nina her Nidoqueen rose from the white light letting out a cry. At once, it took in the surrounding area and aura. It's body shifted awaiting a command. "Nina use outrage." The Nidoqueen closed its eyes and when they opened a brazing red aura exploded from the Pokémon as it launched forward the ground it had left in a cracked and shattered mess of rubble.

The scarlet eyes filled with searing rage locked on the horde of Pokémon. It's body barreling at them like a bulldozer. A flurry of punching, claws swipes, tail swings, and stomps as it rampages at the enemy.

Psy, her Reuniclus did what it could to keep its trainer out of trouble. Scooting back to keep his trainer out of harms way.​

"I mean, you woulda had to tag em out anyways," Avery called back to Fabian, sounding a bit sheepish. "And you could've got some hits in first, but ah, ehh. We're gonna have to workshop this whole team thing a little I guess-" Avery said, snapping her focus back fully to the battle at hand after that. "Carmen, use flamethrower, draw some of the heat away from the front liners so they don't get flanked. Kid-" Avery paused to evaluate Celebi's condition. The song of the corsola was clearly wearing on him but he still had a fierce look in his eyes, his fighting spirit not fully or even mostly depleted. "-Give it one more charge of calm mind and then pass it to Kevin,"

Avery's pokemon went into action; Kevin curled in on himself and pulsed with otherworldly energy that he conserved for what was to come while Carmen lowered herself to all fours to emit a thin stream of focused fire. Avery noted that Carmen's flamethrower was weaker than her usual output, even as a pokemon who wasn't a pure attacker, she would need to be recalled soon. Finally, having spent as long as Avery felt she could spare charging, Celebi retreated, using baton pass to send along his double boost to the next pokemon to emerge from Avery's stable: Kevin.

"KEEEEEEEEE!" Screeched the little lizard, clenching his fists, as seldom experienced power flooded his veins.

"Move in Kev, you need to be right in the middle of that mess," Avery called, then more loudly "Synchronoise is coming soon! We just need to get into position,"

CloudySkyLoftyMoon CloudySkyLoftyMoon

The Pokemon of the group of trainers closed in on the ghastly coral, most of which were using their physical attacks after the initial small barrage of special attacks.

"What happened to avoiding their perish body-Ugh, fine." Zaniah rubbed his temples, it's not like it was surprising that nobody else heard that earlier suggestion, he knew better than to question any of these people, especially in the midst of a battle like this.

The pelt of power gem from Lilia, his Nihilego blew some of the smaller Corsola back, many of which seem to have shattered on the spot despite the attack being spread out and not even super effective. It cemented the idea that these wild coral were not that strong of battlers, but were only dangerous due to their uncontrollable perish aura radiating from their sheer numbers. The largest Pokemon in the group, the Cursola, seems to have survived the ranged attack, but soon a flash of ghostly flame from behind also broke the larger coral into pieces. There was no way that it could have taken a Ceruledge's night slash after already taken damage. However, even if Cursolas were slower Pokemon, it was rather strange that it did not seem to try to dodge or defend against the attack at all. The group of smaller Corsola looked at the shattered larger coral, trying to raise their stubby bodies upwards and gaze at the slowly dissipating ectoplasm. They moved, step by step on their tiny feet towards Nyx the Ceruledge, and then, almost all together, began to let out an ear-splitting [Screech]attack.

More attacks went barraging into the pile of ghostly coral, including the dark type assurance, boosted by the damage from rock tomb already taken by its user, as well as the powerful but more uncontrollable dragon type move outrage. In a few moments, the splitting screeching was dampened a bit as bits and pieces of chalky coral flew all around the abandoned complex, as more and more Corsola was shattered by the powerful physical impact.

The remaining Corsola and Cursola's beady, emotionless eyes gazed at the pieces of flying debris that used to be their friends, and as the pieces fell to the ground or into the water, the remaining coral began to jump up and down. The ground of the already disaster-torn complex beginning to form cracks underneath the rock corals' [Stomping Tantrum] attack.

"Hsst-" The resounding screeching noise rang throughout the abandoned complex, Zaniah flinched back a few steps. Nililego was glowing with energy due to the Corsola that she has taken out activating beast boost, but was also forced to move back due to the high pitch screeching. This was no time to utilize the offensive boost though, Zaniah was no trainer who always greeded for damage. "Reflect! Watch the ground!" He shouted at the translucent jellyfish Pokemon, as well as a warning to everyone else. The Screech attack would make allies more vulnerable to physical attacks, and Light Screen was already covered by someone else.

Even when the screeches ceased a bit, the cracking ground that potentially would give away to the ocean or even toxic water posed a new threat. Nihilego's floating body wavered a bit in the air, before a burst of red light recalled the Pokemon, the perish aura had taken too much of a toll on the translucent beast.

"Dark Pulse, thin out their numbers." Zaniah took a deep breath and continued, sending out Allen the Beeheeyem. A rather counterintuitive choice against ghost types, but many psychic types learned ghost and dark-type moves. With physically attacking Pokemon distracting most of the Corsolas' attacks, it was a necessary choice.

He paused for a moment when Avery mentioned Synchronoise again, what even was that attack again? It took a second for Zaniah to properly recall, alongside that earlier comment about not having ghost-type Pokemon on the field, what the rather lesser-known attack actually did. "Speak for yourself...There's still ghost types around you know." He sighed while making an 'I'm not angry just disappointed' comment. "Allen, pull the Ceruledge back with psychic if we need to, yeah, I know, we'll burn that bridge when we come to it with those two."

REQUIEM FOR THE REEFS
CURSOLA & G.CORSOLA (AMOUNT DEPLETED, A FAIR BIT)

EdOLZKq.png

"REQUIEM FOR THE REEFS"
\\\

KNOWN MOVES: Rock Tomb, Screech, Stomping Tantrum, ???

\\\

"Another ghost type wh- Nyarrgh! Darius!," Avery had gotten too focused on her combo and missed the ceruledge that had cut into the middle of the corsola colony with shadow sneak. Honestly it would serve him right to get burned here, he was pretty obviously disinterested in working together. This sucked. Avery didn't really want to be here, fighting this sad battle against these tragic pokemon that sapped at her will to do anything. The only thing to do was wrap this up quickly and put an end to it but things kept getting more complicated. Darius' pokemon would be the one to get hurt though and Nyx hadn't really done anything to Avery and her pokemon, he would probably take it as being proven right in his disdain of her as well and that would be annoying. Avery clicked her tongue, but Zaniah stepped in to run interference, plainly not trusting her to call of her plan which was...not entirely fair to be honest, she had been seriously considering that! But with his help there might be an acceptable compromise.

Avery withdrew Carmen, who was at her limit anyway and sent out Manny, the hulking fighting type slamming his fists together in two pairs when he realised he'd been sent out in active battle.

"Kevin use Camouflage!" Avery called to her kecleon, who had reached the epicentre of the cursola hoard. "Use the corsola themselves as terrain! Pick up the ambient ghost type energy!" Avery ordered before turning to her machamp. "Manny, Kevin's going to use synchronoise! You wont be affected but you need to use protect anyway because you'll be a bulwark for another pokemon on our team, be ready!" Manny grunted his approval and lowered his stance, readying his protective energy to be deployed at a moment. "Zaniah, when you pull back Ceruledge you can try to position it behind Manny, it should be relatively safe there-" Avery said, before allowing her voice to rise to carry over the rest of the conflict. "OOOOR DARIUS COULD JUST, YOU KNOW RETURN IT LIKE HE COULD HAVE DONE IN THE FIRST PLACE!"

Next Avery turned her attention back to Kevin, who had finished changing his typing.

"ALRIGHT LET LOOSE KEV! SYNCHRONOISE!"

Phayne Phayne

Fabian

Interactions: AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy

Fabian pinned Avery with a look—thoroughly unimpressed with her points. He didn’t pursue them though, with Qiqi & Queztalli off the field, the Paldean-born instead turned to his Espeon. The sapping aura of the Cursola weighed heavily on his mind and spirit and the temptation to succumb to despair was almost overwhelming. If Avery had a way to hit every single enemy on the field, then he could forgive a little bit of friendly fire. Still, it was best they finished things quickly!

Chichi emerged from her pokéball with an uncomfortable his, buckling briefly as perish aura settled over her. “Shake it off girl, we’ll need your support for this one. Start-up with a few Calm Minds!”

In Fabian’s estimation, the optimal game plan was to play support. If they could power-swap a few calm mind boosts onto Avery’s Kecleon, then maybe the second Synchronoise could finish off all the Cursola in the area.

“I hope your Kelceon’s got juice in the tank for one more—we’re gonna pass you some boosts! Chi-chi—Power Swap!”

[Empty]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back