• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom 『Pokemon Paroxysm』(Post-apocalyptic semi-mechanic based Pokemon RP, Closed)

Cresion Breezes

Beta Tester of Life
Currently Closed.

"Heroes beyond our world, can you hear my call? Please, I beg of you, hear my voice! Hear my voice, and deliver our world from this calamitous fate!"
BN5tk6I.png

You wake up in a place...your memories are hazy, but it seems like you have fallen through some sort of portal. You rummage around, ah, good, your Pokemon are still with you, at least the ones you were carrying are. You feel much more assured, after all, you are quite a strong Pokemon trainer, one that has collected a dozen badges, or maybe a master coordinator, or even a gym leader, or perhaps you have gotten strong pursing some other path; you might have witnessed great disasters, had a hand in foiling some organization's ploy for world domination or even encountered legendary Pokemon; you think you should be able to handle yourself in this strange new environment.

You are strong...yet...this world is nothing like what you have ever seen before. All that is familiar had faded into ruin, all that had thrived has collapsed.

And you, you are here to save it.

tmEqnbV.png

Hello and welcome to my ultra mega edgy and lore nerdy post apocalyptic AU Pokemon RP! Recently I've gotten tired of just your run of the mill Pokemon adventure and decided to cook up something more, intense, per say. This will be a fairly lore heavy RP with some more advance knowledge of the Pokemon universe required to fully enjoy, however, even if you are not a super expert on Pokemon, you can still join as long and I can nerd out all over you on which piece of Pokemon media the inspiration for each plot point came from.

Pokemon Paroxysm takes place in one of the Pokemon world's many alternative dimensions, this one specifically is a dimension where the events of Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness did not play out in the same way. Long story short, Shadow Lugia eventually went out of control and its psychic powers triggered a chain of events that domino effected into what the people of this world calls "The Great Collapse", in which many Pokemon, including powerful legendary and mythical Pokemon, essentially were corrupted into Shadow Pokemon that are highly aggressive and bent on destruction. Many cities and towns were destroyed by awakened and rampaging legendary Pokemon, the survivors of these disasters eventually evacuated into various secluded locations that are defended by whatever trainers that remain and legendary/mythical Pokemon that have yet to fall to the shadow corruption. However, manpower is stretched thinner and thinner every day, stronger trainers became scarcer and scarcer as they would fall or go missing trying to find a way to purify the corruption.

Hope is waning, and in a last ditch effort, the people of this collapsing world turned to the heroes of other worlds.

You play as a trainer who has been isekai'ed to an alternative version of Alola's Vast Poni Canyon, now named Vast Poni Shelter as it became the region's people and Pokemon's last retreat in the calamity. The one who summoned you is Kahuna Alaula, who used the power of the Moon Flute and Lunala to bring strong trainers from other worlds into hers. From here you and other trainers must decide whether to refuse or accept this perilous mission, and if you do, you will be tasked with traveling through a post-apocalyptic pokemon world, and eventually fighting through many of the legendary pokemon that caused it.

Alright so that is the gist of it, and like I mentioned this will be a fairly advanced Pokemon RP due to the fact that characters will likely be far stronger than your average Pokemon RP. You will be facing off against custom legendary battles inspired by the end game 1v4 raid battles of Pokemon SwSh and Pokemon SV, where you will likely need some game mechanic adjacent strategy but also "realism" strategy as well. So essentially, you may play as end game level trainers with 5-6 Pokemon, fully evolved, items, good move set, whatever. But please note that your character will only have whatever Pokemon and items they have with them on their person, because they got isekai'ed.

Now for Pokemon RP FAQ:

FAQ

Q: How gritty/realistic is this going to be?
A:
Honestly I am still unsure, there will definitely be some darker elements because it's the apocalypse what did you expect, but how explicit they will be are up to the players to discuss and will be based on how comfortable they are with it. If everyone wants actual blood and guts and oddish leaves flying everywhere I'm okay with that, but if people don't want to see Pokemon literally torn to shreds and keep it PG13 I'm perfectly fine with that as well.

Q: How game mechanics heavy will this be?
A:
Well, a little. EVs and IVs and TMs are deleted so don't worry about that, base stats will serve as a reference (mostly for the boss battles) and abilities will be a thing. Here's the basic things you should know:
- Type chart
- What abilities are and how they generally function

Things you could enhance your experience with but not necessarily required:
- Pokemon base stats
- Physical/special split
- SV Terra raid mechanics (shields, stat nullification)
- Items

Q: Can player characters own legendary and mythical Pokemon?
A:
Yes. You read that right, yes you can. However, only certain legendary and mythical Pokemon will be allowed, here are the specifics:

Allowed Legendary Pokemon: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Entie, Suicune, Raikou, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regieleki, Regidrago, Latias, Latios, Heatran, Zygarde 10%, Zygarde 50%, Type Null, Silvally, Kubfu, Urshifu, Articuno-Galar, Zapdos-Galar, Moltres-Galar

Allowed Mythical Pokemon: Celebi, Manaphy, Phione, Shaymin, Genesect, Diancie, Meltan, Melmetal

All Ultra Beasts EXCLUDING the Cosmog line are allowed

All Paradox Pokemon EXCLUDING Koraidon and Miraidon are allowed

You may only have ONE legendary/mythical Pokemon, or up to THREE paradox pokemon/ultra beasts. You are only allowed to pick from one category (ie. No paradox or ultra beasts if you choose to have a legendary).

However, just because you can does not mean you must or should take one. I will be stricter on the backstory, personality, and character in general if you do choose to give your character a legendary/mythical Pokemon. Please give them a fitting backstory and justification for them owning one, at least dedicate some paragraphs in your CS for it. I can be more lenient with paradox and ultras, but please make sure your character is fitting for them as well. And remember, just because you have one does not mean you are the main character, or they can solve all your problems, or that they will always win, I'm willing to trust people to not abuse this but I can revoke this if things get out of hand.

Q: EVs/IVs? Stats?
A:
That stuff is mostly thrown out the window because no one likes number crunching, if you really want to do EVs you can mention that "this specific Pokemon likes to go fast" or something along those lines as a part of their personality. Base stats will somewhat be in effect as a reference, but the more absurd ones like Purugly being faster than Latios can be ignored.

Q: Four move limit?
A:
I will be upping the battle move limit to six moves, and you can also have 2 "secondary" moves to use in slice of life segments or non-battles, similar to HMs, they don't take up move slots but cannot be used in battle. So 6 moves in battle, and 2 others for pure out of battle utility/RP purposes.

Q: TMs? HMs? Egg moves?
A:
TMs and HMs are deleted! Yay! You have free reign on your character's mons' initial moveset as long as they can legally learn it, I won't be too finicky about it. (Like in the "Crobat can't have hypnosis and brave bird at the same time because both are egg moves but not from the same egg group so you can't have them simultaneously!" way.) If you want your character's team to learn new moves or change moves, that can be done through training like they do in the anime, it'll take a more realism/RPish approach.

Q: Megas and other gimmicks?
A:
Gimmicks are present, limited to one gimmick and one gimmick mon per character (ie. Only one mega stone allowed), Dynamax and Terrastalization will only work in their respective regions. If your character do have a gimmick, please dedicate a part of their backstory to how they obtained the gimmick related device (ie. mega ring, z-ring etc). Also if you choose to have a gimmick, you will not be allowed to have special pokemon (legendary/mythical/ultra beasts/paradox).

Q: Shiny?
A:
Let's just do one max per team. Unless it's one of those shinies that barely change, then you can have five, but what is the point if that's the case.

If you can't tell by now, I am a Pokemon nerd to the extreme and my knowledge is rather extensive, so if this seems intimidating I understand, but I'll try my best to guide you through it even if you are not as familiar (Don't be mean to me pls you can't be mean to beta wooper). Thank you for reading though, if you did read this far and want to show interest tell me your top choice for a Pokemon to survive the apocalypse with with your post.

Last edited:
Absolutely sign me up! The craving for a gritty pokémon Rp!

Question! What's your ruling on pokémon's stranger abilities: Psychics/Espers like Sabrina, Aura Users, and things like that? They could be very useful in an apocalyptic scenario!

I think I'll toss in my hat. I think I'd want Charizard to keep me company!

Absolutely sign me up! The craving for a gritty pokémon Rp!

Question! What's your ruling on pokémon's stranger abilities: Psychics/Espers like Sabrina, Aura Users, and things like that? They could be very useful in an apocalyptic scenario!
Well I hesitate a bit to use early anime as a reference for obvious reasons, so no full on anime Sabrina turning people to dolls. Psychic lineages would exist such as Avery's family, but generally people will not be that strong compared to like, actual psychic type Pokemon. Aura users can be a minor thing, such as Rui from Colosseum being able to see shadow aura, but no full on aura guardians since that seems to be sort of a lost art.

Sign me up! Gonna have someone that comes from a universe where Team Aqua succeeded
I'm not gonna say a hard no to this, but one aspect other than difficult boss battles in this RP would be learning how to scavenge and travel through the Poke-apocalypse, so I'd prefer if no one comes from an already apocalyptic timeline like the Rainbow Rocket timelines, mostly for balance reasons mostly since I already let people be very strong Pokemon training wise and much of the difficulty will come from this aspect.

Gotta pick my boy Garchomp. Nothing comes close to a land shark. No disrespect, wooper :v
That "shinies that barely change" comment was specifically for garchomp, checkmate.

Okay so I made a discord ooc for anyone who would like to join. Apologies if you don't use discord or don't like discord oocs but this is generally how I'm used to doing things as a GM. Glad to see this having some interest, going to let it sit for a little longer and see if more people show up.

Interested :D

I am assuming we are sticking to canon, but thought I'd ask just in case.

Since characters are being summon from various universes, are we still sticking to the canon 'Megas' and Gigantamax mons? Or are we allowed to have a 'Mega typhlosion' under the pretence that our character comes from a universe that has a mega typhlosion.

Last edited:
Interested :D

I am assuming we are sticking to canon, but thought I'd ask just in case.

Since characters are being summon from various universes, are we still sticking to the canon 'Megas' and Gigantamax mons? Or are we allowed to have a 'Mega typhlosion' under the pretence that our character comes from a universe that has a mega typhlosion.

Sorry I'd prefer no custom forms or fakemon, balance reasons.

You can come from a universe where gimmicks like megas straight up don't exist though, as explained in the delta episode of ORAS.

No worries :P

I assumed that was the case, but thought I'd ask just on the off chance :)

You've got my curiosity. Been feeling a pokemon game. I'm not super knowledgeable, but bulbapedia is my best friend for stuff lmao.

I'd be down for this, my go-to apocalypse buddy would be Tropius, aerial maneuverability and free bananas, what's not to love?

Joined the Discord. This RP sounds perfect—I'm excited for the dystopian factions that form. My only big ask is that my main partner be a shiny Emolga. I lost my White game cartridge last summer when a lot of life stuff happened, and Emolga was one of only two shinies I've ever managed to catch.

Joined the Discord. This RP sounds perfect—I'm excited for the dystopian factions that form. My only big ask is that my main partner be a shiny Emolga. I lost my White game cartridge last summer when a lot of life stuff happened, and Emolga was one of only two shinies I've ever managed to catch.
You are free to have one shiny per team as stated in the FAQ

Sounds very interesting, is there still room for someone else?

I would love to try a pokemon style roleplay with a gritty bent! Thinking maybe be the head Ranger in johto region early lore, my job is to prevent pokemon poaching and protect habitats. Varied team with a focus on battling in different environments because I have to travel all over johto. All in good survival skills, but my character knowledge of pokedex and gimics would be limited to Gen 1-2.

Ooooo~ Sign me up!
There is discord ooc link above if you're interested.

I would love to try a pokemon style roleplay with a gritty bent! Thinking maybe be the head Ranger in johto region early lore, my job is to prevent pokemon poaching and protect habitats. Varied team with a focus on battling in different environments because I have to travel all over johto. All in good survival skills, but my character knowledge of pokedex and gimics would be limited to Gen 1-2.
You will likely struggle in some aspects of the RP if you don't have at least a tentative understanding of all generations of Pokemon (ie. know the gist of the main story), since the RP will have a "world tour" style plot of traveling across all the regions, with the culture and local myths/legendary Pokemon expanded on based on their respective games. I'm not going to say you are not allowed to join, but please consider the above information when doing so.

There is discord ooc link above if you're interested.

You will likely struggle in some aspects of the RP if you don't have at least a tentative understanding of all generations of Pokemon (ie. know the gist of the main story), since the RP will have a "world tour" style plot of traveling across all the regions, with the culture and local myths/legendary Pokemon expanded on based on their respective games. I'm not going to say you are not allowed to join, but please consider the above information when doing so.
Are you still accepting people or no? I tried the discord link, but it's invalid.

Are you still accepting people or no? I tried the discord link, but it's invalid.
The RP did close mid-August, however there has been drops/ghost since that's just regular group RP stuff, so I'm okay with accepting 1-2 more people if there is interest.

Here's a new discord link if you're interested.

Hi there! Bit of a noob here on RP Nation, but I'm more on a site that's similar to it, so I should adapt well. This is the first RP here I've given a good look at and taken quite and interest in, I was wondering if you were still accepting new RPers to join in on this interesting story idea of yours.

Hi there! Bit of a noob here on RP Nation, but I'm more on a site that's similar to it, so I should adapt well. This is the first RP here I've given a good look at and taken quite and interest in, I was wondering if you were still accepting new RPers to join in on this interesting story idea of yours.

Unfortunately it is closed for now. It might possibly open up some day but it's likely not going to be very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back