• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Legends Foretold (OOC Discussion)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Quick question, who’s Rin’s bonded legendary? I’ve been making a personal list to keep track of everyone’s starter/legendary Pokémon (because lord knows I have a terrible memory lmao). But omg I’ll for sure be looking forward to any potential future geodude throwing 🪨 👀

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Quick question, who’s Rin’s bonded legendary? I’ve been making a personal list to keep track of everyone’s starter/legendary Pokémon (because lord knows I have a terrible memory lmao). But omg I’ll for sure be looking forward to any potential future geodude throwing 🪨 👀
I don't have one. Goji said it was alright if I didn't have one.

Indeed.

Having a Legendary/Mythical is entirely optional, but definitely encouraged since it's kind of what the premise of the RP is based on.

However, the RP will still function perfectly well as a standard Pokemon adventure experience. And those without a Bond Partner can still meet with and interact with the Legendaries the other characters will be meeting, providing they're traveling together. So it's not like they're locked out of it. Lol.

Sheet uploaded, might add more details but it should have all the requirements
Looked good from what I saw. Another person not choosing a bond. Hmmm interesting. For a character like him Dialga would have been a interesting choice tho.

GojiBean GojiBean

Apologies, I've more questions.

How would one go about obtaining a breeder's permit in this 'verse? Are there classes, tests to take? I presume one would require a Trainer's License before working towards a permit. Would hatched pokémon need to be registered to prove they were obtained legally?

Actually, do all pokémon hatch from eggs here or are we going the more scientific route?

Particularly considering Jeden and if he'd want to inherit the family business later on.

Edit: Also, are these licenses accepted internationally? I'd assume so since trainers tend to travel a bit.

Last edited:
GojiBean GojiBean

How would one go about obtaining a breeder's permit in this 'verse? Are there classes, tests to take? I presume one would require a Trainer's License before working towards a permit. Would hatched pokémon need to be registered to prove they were obtained legally?

Actually, do all pokémon hatch from eggs here or are we going the more scientific route?

Particularly considering Jeden and if he'd want to inherit the family business later on.
Woof, that's some major questions... Personally I don't think you'd really need a trainer license to get one for a breeder but I'd heavily recommend you have one anyway. It would be to their benefit. Plus being a trainer that has some fame would be good for business right?

I mean Zera isn't registered yet either...

Miiya registered to get away from her family so...

GojiBean GojiBean

Edit: Also, are these licenses accepted internationally? I'd assume so since trainers tend to travel a bit.

Good questions!

Breeders are considered a "profession," and therefore are not always necessarily trainers. But they can be Trainers.

To become a Breeder one must obtain a Breeder's License. This license is acquired through this world's equivalent of a 4 year college education program. In it you will study all aspects of Pokemon Biology including respiratory systems, circulatory systems, organ functions (especially for those with extra organs such as Fire Pokemon who have sacs for chemical reactions to trigger fire type attacks, electric Pokemon sacs or pouches for their electric potential, etc), diet, anatomy, reproductive systems, etc. Upon graduating you qualify to take the Breeder's Exam. It's basically the equivalent to the bar for lawyers. Everyone must pass before they obtain their license to practice.

Unless a Breeder also wants to be a Trainer, they don't have to register with the League as a Trainer.

Any and all Pokemon left in a Breeder's care are entered into their personal database for both historical records for the Breeder themselves, and for use by Pokemon Law Enforcement (who have a back door to this database on their own servers for the purpose of tracking and investigating potential criminal activity).

For example, if a Pokemon who was microchipped was dropped off at a Breeder's place, and the Trainer who dropped it off didn't match the information on the chip as to who the Trainer is supposed to be, that Pokemon is immediately flagged and Law Enforcement will confiscate it from the Breeder's establishment and begin an investigation into the Trainer who dropped it off. The Pokemon itself will be returned to its rightful owner, providing the police can find them. And the Breeder in this particular example will suffer no penalties unless the investigation reveals they were in on the theft.

Pokemon who are avian, reptilian, or of aquatic species known to lay eggs in the real world (such as turtles) will lay eggs in this RP. All other Pokemon will give birth to live young.

And yes. A Breeder's License is universally recognized no matter where you go.

Last edited:
I went offline for one day and there are two and a half pages of messages. (can someone give me a cheeky little recap if anything has happened)

Edit: Got bored and read everything myself so no need to recap me. I'm very excited HEHEHEHEHHEHE

Last edited:
End Game Rio, based on his starter pokemon and legendary companion o3o

Attachments

• greninja.png
    greninja.png
    366.8 KB · Views: 7
  • urshifu.png
    urshifu.png
    578.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hmm... Interesting concept... I suppose I could put Miiya's and Zera's current endgame team up too.

Miiya:
Nina the Nidoqueen
tumblr_o8juslUdHI1un95hzo3_640.png
MewTwo (Miiya will call them something else... Dunno what yet)
wp2152704.png

Zera:
Lukina the Lopunny
Lopunny.600.376706.jpg
Giratina (Zera will likely call it something else to hide that she knows the Pokémon.)
2-20-9-25-6-55-9m.jpg

Heyo everyone!

asphodelus asphodelus SheepKing SheepKing Absollover77 Absollover77 RulerOfChad RulerOfChad @Levi_Ijin @PainterFight @MrBrown Phayne Phayne @galaxsci kasigi kasigi @NimbusWing Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Naburius Naburius

- - - - - - -

We have a few CS's which are still incomplete. But even so I feel we have more than enough to begin the RP.

I will officially unlock the IC "Main" posting thread on Monday morning (accompanied by an announcement here in the OOC tagging all of you again) allowing those who've completed their CS's by that time to post their intro responses.

For those who aren't finished by Monday, no worries. Please continue to work on your CS at your own pace and don't worry about forcing anything for the sake of "catching up." You won't be left behind. I promise.

For those ready to post on Monday, kindly adhere to the these two simple guidelines for your post(s):

1) First posts are intro responses to set up your character's physical location in Saffron City and communicate (through either dialogue or inner thoughts) their intentions for which event(s) they plan to participate in.

2) The time of day in your posts will be some time before 8am to give some wiggle room before registration for the Capture Challenge begins, as it's the first one chronologically.

Now, the big question: How do we proceed when there are four main events and not everyone is going to participate in every event?

I'd rather not force anyone to sit idly by and twiddle their thumbs with brain dead activities like writing their character playing chess with faceless NPC's while they wait for their chosen event(s) to begin. Know what I mean?

So, I can think of three options. And regardless of which option we collectively decide to follow I will open four individual IC posting threads, one per event, to ensure there's no overlapping clutter in posting.

First option. We post for each event in their chronological sequence. This will, unfortunately, force those not participating in the earlier events to find other ways to immerse themselves in the RP world while they wait for the event they're participating in to begin. If we opt for this route I will play as many NPC's as I have to in order to make sure everyone's characters have someone to interact with so they aren't left posting solo. And I'll be happy to give advice and list out as many options as I can think of for activities to enjoy while they wait for their event(s) to start.

Second option. Everyone chooses a single event to participate in. This allows us to open all four posting threads at once and there's no danger of overlap or confusion in the long term. It does, however, mean that those initially wanting to participate in multiple events will have to sacrifice their initial desire and pick only the one event they want most.

Third option. We open all four to posting at once, and everyone is free to post in all of the threads featuring events they want to participate in. This one is likely to be the most complicated because, for example, if your character encounters another character(s) in multiple events you'll have to make sure their interactions in each event is appropriate to their chronological order.

- For example, let's say Lorraine and Rin met in the Capture Challenge, Battle Challenge, and Talent Show. Gundam and I would have to arrange how their "first" meeting in the Capture Challenge goes, how their "second" meeting in the Battle Challenge goes (and whether or not they battle each other or only fight NPC's), and how their "third" meeting in the Talent Show goes. And we'd have to do all of this in a relatively short amount of time so we could post at a good speed in each of the threads so as not to hold up anyone else who's also in those events with us. Communication is going to be key in this option.

Hopefully that made sense.

So, what do y'all think?

Let me know in a response to this post with an Option 1, Option 2, or Option 3 vote!

Whatever the group collectively decides on is what we'll go with!

Cheers!

I probably wouldn't want Option 3, I don't think it would be the best idea especially since it could be confusing. I'm on the fence between 1 and 2 but I also understand that I only plan to have Charlie participate in one event so I'm a bit biased. I don't mind doing "nothing" because I feel like we'd still be able to find something to do and interact with other characters who aren't participating in the main events but for people who can't wait maybe option 2 is better?

If I can vote for Option 1 & 2 I would but If I only get one choice I choose Option 1

Also I have a question about starting times sorry, by Monday is that tomorrow or the day after (time zone differences)

Also I have a question about starting times sorry, by Monday is that tomorrow or the day after (time zone differences)

It'll be day after tomorrow. I'm on US Pacific Standard Time. UTC−08:00, if I'm not mistaken.

I like the idea of 3 but feel like it has a decent chance to mess up and get too confusing. So I think 1 has my vote since I don’t really mind finding something else to do during other events.

I say option two. While it's true that we'd only get one event it saves for any confusion and is efficient.

I'd say option one. I don't mind waiting while some of the events play out; characters that aren't participating in the current event could get to know each other. I'm a bit concerned about the events dragging on, but as someone interested in participating in multiple of them, I'm willing to take that risk. With good coordination, we should be able to wrap them up pretty quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back