• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Legends Foretold (OOC Discussion)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
So far peeps seem to want Option 1 the most.

Providing we get one or two more who concur then we will go with it and walk through each event in sequence. I'll be sure to make a 5th thread for the lounge activities so our characters can enjoy the chit chat, art, music, tabletop games, or just explore the area together.

Now, for a shameless plug.

I normally don't share art because I've never been extremely confident in my art skills. But this time I just can't resist sharing something. I love Skchkko's art style so much I tried my hand at Drawing Lorraine and Blaze using her art as a reference. And I think it came out pretty good! Some little issues here and there need fixing. But overall it turned out well, I think!

I hope y'all enjoy!

Pokemon Lorraine and Blaze.png

Now, for a shameless plug.

I normally don't share art because I've never been extremely confident in my art skills. But this time I just can't resist sharing something. I love Skchkko's art style so much I tried my hand at Drawing Lorraine and Blaze using her art as a reference. And I think it came out pretty good! Some little issues here and there need fixing. But overall it turned out well, I think!

I hope y'all enjoy!
That is so cute! Charmander is my favorite kanto starter

asphodelus asphodelus @SheepKing Absollover77 Absollover77 @RulerOfChad @Levi_Ijin PainterFight PainterFight @MrBrown @Phayne @galaxsci@kasigi NimbusWing NimbusWing Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Naburius Naburius

The IC 'Main' Thread is now officially unlocked and open for intro posts!

Everyone who's working on finishing your CS please continue to do so and let me know when you're finished so I can give them a look see and a final seal of approval. Then we'll get you posting as well.

I'll be controlling the flow of time so the Registration for the Capture Challenge doesn't start until all CS's are complete.

Cheers everyone! I'm excited to get started!

EDIT: Also, for anyone who wants to chat about the RP in an IM environment, I have a Discord Server you can join where we can all chit chat in real time about the RP. This is entirely optional, however. I'm perfectly content keeping communication here on-site in this OOC thread or in DM's if you prefer. Discord's there for anyone who wants to use it.

Invite: Join the GojiBean - Pokemon: Legends Foretold Discord Server!

Cheers!

- GojiBean

Last edited:
Glad to hear that it's finally open!

Sorry that I'm a little late to the party, but I'm still trying to figure out what I want Madeleine to do in regards to the event over in Saffron City, mainly because of the state that she's in at the moment - if she has already become a trainer, or if she just recently ended up leaving Celadon in order to escape, etc.

GojiBean GojiBean

Now that we're getting started, I realise I haven't asked how large Kanto and all the other regions are. In the games, it doesn't take too long to trek across a full route; the anime has a bit more walking. Should we be using the irl Japanese region of Kantō as a guideline, or is that still too small?

GojiBean GojiBean

Now that we're getting started, I realise I haven't asked how large Kanto and all the other regions are. In the games, it doesn't take too long to trek across a full route; the anime has a bit more walking. Should we be using the irl Japanese region of Kantō as a guideline, or is that still too small?

Good question!

We'll be using a more real-world scale for the regions and taking days to go from one city to the next instead of minutes or, in the case of the games with some routes, only taking seconds. Lol.

Obviously, if there's not much going on between characters, like if conversation has just ground to a halt, then we can time skip ahead to the next location of interest and get things going again. But if we can avoid that if at all possible it'd be ideal. In this more realistic world of Pokemon there shouldn't be many, if any reasons to need a time skip. But I won't rule them out.

Good question!

We'll be using a more real-world scale for the regions and taking days to go from one city to the next instead of minutes or, in the case of the games with some routes, only taking seconds. Lol.

Obviously, if there's not much going on between characters, like if conversation has just ground to a halt, then we can time skip ahead to the next location of interest and get things going again. But if we can avoid that if at all possible it'd be ideal. In this more realistic world of Pokemon there shouldn't be many, if any reasons to need a time skip. But I won't rule them out.
Cool. Then for modernisation, I'd presume we're pretty on-point with the current world? Cars, trains, planes, and highways, as seen in the latest episodes of Journeys? So would that leave the traditional routes as hiking trails reserved for trainers (???); will our characters be mostly walking?

Cool. Then for modernisation, I'd presume we're pretty on-point with the current world? Cars, trains, planes, and highways, as seen in the latest episodes of Journeys? So would that leave the traditional routes as hiking trails reserved for trainers (???); will our characters be mostly walking?

Yes, indeedy. Sorry for the late reply. Civilization is very modernized. So cars, trains, planes, etc are all things. However, we're going to leave "highways" more or less behind us for the sake of making sure we can still walk from one city to another and primarily see nature rather than too much intrusive civilization. Might not be the most realistic thing to do, leaving out highways. But hey. We gotta preserve that wildlife space of the world as much as possible for more room to find and catch Pokemon. Ya know? Lol.

Hopefully that kinda answers the second question. More or less. The routes between cities aren't necessarily "reserved" for Trainers. There's still a road cars can drive on. They're just not super big.

Our characters can travel by whatever means we collectively prefer. It depends on what regions everyone wants to go off and explore. I know I'll be keeping Lorraine in Kanto for the Gym Badges, and she prefers being on foot because it's easier to miss things when you're driving 35-60 miles per hour down the road. But those who want to go to other regions are free to do so and both get there and travel however they see fit. They can drive, use planes, or use their Pokemon.

asphodelus asphodelus @SheepKing Absollover77 Absollover77 @RulerOfChad @Levi_Ijin PainterFight PainterFight @MrBrown @Phayne @galaxsci@kasigi NimbusWing NimbusWing Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Naburius Naburius

I posted in the Discord, but I'll post here too for folks who don't use Discord as much.

If you're participating in the Capture Challenge please let me know if you're ready for it to start either by giving a cookie/heart to this post, or replying directly that you're ready to begin.

If your character(s) are in conversation please wrap it up as soon as possible, or conclude it as part of your response to the start of the event so it leads directly into your participation.

Thanks!

Also, please welcome Qwarkl Qwarkl to the RP!

Qwarkl, please read the first post in the IC "Main" thread so you understand all the information on each event, as well as when registration and event start times are for each, and if you have any questions before putting up your first post let me know either here or in a DM and I'll be happy to fill you in!

Cheers!

asphodelus asphodelus @SheepKing Absollover77 Absollover77 @RulerOfChad @Levi_Ijin PainterFight PainterFight @MrBrown @Phayne @galaxsci@kasigi NimbusWing NimbusWing Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Naburius Naburius Qwarkl Qwarkl ThakDaBonker ThakDaBonker Cmeriwether6 Cmeriwether6

Here's a comprehensive list of all the Pokemon I deem acceptable for capture in this Event given the dual Grassland/Forest environments it takes place in!

If you don't see a particular Pokemon's name on this list but feel it should make sense to find in this grassland/forest environment, it means I've deemed it to either be too rare to be encountered/captured so early in the adventure, or I feel differently about the habitat it's meant to live in. Should you wish for further clarification please feel free to send me a DM either here or on Discord and I'll be happy to fill you in on my thought process!

Note: If I list a given "line" and do not put anything in parentheses after it then the entire line, region variants included, are approved.

Gen I

* The Caterpie line
* The Weedle line
* Pidgey/Pidgeotto
* Rattata/Raticate
* Spearow/Fearow
* Ekans/Arbok
* The Pikachu line (Variants not approved)
* The Sandshrew Line (Variants not approved)
* Both Nidorans, and Nidorina/Nidorino
* Vulpix (Variant not approved)
* Jigglypuff
* The Oddish line
* The Paras line
* The Venonat line
* The Meowth line (Variants not approved)
* The Mankey line
* Growlithe (Variant not approved)
* Abra/Kadabra
* The Bellsprout line
* Ponyta (Variant not approved)
* Farfetch'd (Variant not approved)
* The Doduo line
* The Exeggcute line (Variant not approved)
* Tangela
* Kangaskhan
* Scyther
* Pinsir
* Tauros (Variants not approved)
* Eevee

Gen II

* The Sentret line
* The Hoothoot line
* The Ledyba line
* The Spinarak line
* The Mareep line
* Bellossom
* Sudowoodo
* The Hopip line
* The Aipom line
* The Sunkern line
* Girafarig
* The Pineco line
* Dunsparce
* Heracross
* The Teddiursa line
* The Houndour line
* Stantler
* Miltank

Gen III

* The Poochyena line
* The Zigzagoon line
* The Wurmple line(s)
* The Seedot line
* The Taillow line
* Ralts/Kirlia
* The Shroomish line
* Slakoth/Vigoroth
* The Nincada line(s)
* The Skitty line
* The Electrike line
* Plusle/Minun
* Volbeat
* Illumise
* Roselia
* Spinda
* Zangoose
* Kecleon
* Tropius

Gen IV

* The Starly line
* The Bidoof line
* The Kricketot line
* Shinx/Luxio
* The Budew line
* The Burmy line(s)
* The Combee line
* Pachirisu
* The Cherubi line
* The Buneary line
* The Glameow line
* The Stunky line
* Chatot
* Skorupi

Gen V

* The Patrat line
* The Lilipup line
* The Purrloin line
* The Pansage line
* The Pidove line
* Blitzle
* The Sewaddle line
* Venipede/Whirlipede
* The Cottonee line
* The Petilil line
* Zorua (Variants not approved)
* The Minccio line
* Deerling
* Emolga
* Karrablast
* The Foongus line
* Joltik
* Ferroseed
* The Shelmet line
* Bouffalant

Gen VI

* The Bunnelby line
* Fletchling
* The Scatterbug line
* Flabebe
* The Skiddo line
* Pancham
* Furfrou
* Dedenne

Gen VII

* The Pikipek line
* The Yungoos line
* Grubbin/Charjabug
* The Cutiefly line
* Rockruff
* Fomantis
* The Morelull line
* Bounsweet/Steenee
* Comfey
* Komala

Gen VIII

* The Skwovet line
* Rookidee/Corvisquire
* The Blipbug line
* The Nickit line
* The Gossifleur line
* The Wooloo line
* Applin/Flapple
* Morpeko

Gen IX

* The Lechonk line
* The Tarountula line
* The Nymble line
* Pawmi
* The Tandemaus line
* The Fidough line
* Smoliv/Dolliv
* Squawkabilly
* Rellor
* Flittle

Excuse me, which legendaries are taken?

Hoyo.

I replied in the Interest Check, but I'll respond here as well just to make sure it's not missed.

So far, the taken Legendary/Mythicals are: Chien-Pao, Necrozma, Giratina, Lugia, Jirachi, Genesect, Diance, MewTwo, Suicune, Manaphy, Urshifu, Kyurem, Cresselia, Landrous, and Mew.

Legendary/Mythicals are optional, and if you either see the one you want already taken but still want to enjoy a Pokemon RP, or just don't want one in general, you're free to join without a Legendary/Mythical bond partner and experience the world of Pokemon in a more realistic fashion alongside everyone else.

Totally up to you!

Cheers!

Hoyo.

I replied in the Interest Check, but I'll respond here as well just to make sure it's not missed.

So far, the taken Legendary/Mythicals are: Chien-Pao, Necrozma, Giratina, Lugia, Jirachi, Genesect, Diance, MewTwo, Suicune, Manaphy, Urshifu, Kyurem, Cresselia, Landrous, and Mew.

Legendary/Mythicals are optional, and if you either see the one you want already taken but still want to enjoy a Pokemon RP, or just don't want one in general, you're free to join without a Legendary/Mythical bond partner and experience the world of Pokemon in a more realistic fashion alongside everyone else.

Totally up to you!

Cheers!
In that case, I'm thinking of rebooting an old OC with one of the Tapus as their bonded legendary but it's prolly gonna be weird to see a Tapu outside their home island... 🤔

In that case, I'm thinking of rebooting an old OC with one of the Tapus as their bonded legendary but it's prolly gonna be weird to see a Tapu outside their home island... 🤔

Not necessarily.

Pokemon are not region-locked in this RP, meaning any species could appear in any region so long as the environment is suitable for them when taken in a real-world context. For example, literally any bug Pokemon could appear in any forest in any region. Any flying type could be flying the friendly skies on migration routes across the world. Etc, etc.

Also, the cast of characters are not region-locked either. We're beginning in Kanto, specifically Saffron City, for an opening event to introduce all our characters and get settled into the vibe of posting in this more realistic Pokemon adventure. But once the opening event is concluded everyone's characters will be free to go to whichever region they desire and I will be creating dedicated IC Posting threads for each one. And any character is free to travel between the regions at any time via the use of airplane rides, ocean cruises, driving cars, or their Pokemon carrying them via Fly or on their backs on land/ocean.

This RP is meant to be an open sandbox, after all.

So, if you want to have your character travel to the Gen VII region for their adventure then it's perfectly normal for a Tapu to appear there.

Uuuuh, am I late to join the RP? I've been focusing on other things lately...

I'll make sure to make a character and have Victini as the mythical to befriend with!

Uuuuh, am I late to join the RP? I've been focusing on other things lately...

I'll make sure to make a character and have Victini as the mythical to befriend with!

Hoyo!

This is an open sandbox style RP, so there's no such thing as "too late!"

So.... how's everyone

Hoyo!

We're good! We've mostly been doing OOC discussion on Discord. If you haven't already joined I can get you a fresh invite link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back