• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Legends Foretold (OOC Discussion)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Speaking of if they don't have their trainer license it's a three day thing to get one from when I asked Goji about it.
Oh nice! Got a little bit of wiggle room. Luckily they're handing out the loaner Pokedex for the capturing event LOL, but I have to decide on which events to attend!

Also, waking up at 1 AM with destroyed sinuses, my first thought was to check the roleplay's status. I'm glad my mind always has its priorities set straight.

Come to think about it, I'm wondering how Madeleine is going to deal with this entire event considering how her backstory turned out. What brought her to Saffron, what she could end up doing and the like.

Come to think about it, I'm wondering how Madeleine is going to deal with this entire event considering how her backstory turned out. What brought her to Saffron, what she could end up doing and the like.
Honestly, I really love Madeleine's character concept. It isn't grandiose and her motivations are incredibly grounded, and it ends up making her character very interesting. The office lady turned Pokemon trainer is just.. so fun, you know?

Honestly, I really love Madeleine's character concept. It isn't grandiose and her motivations are incredibly grounded, and it ends up making her character very interesting. The office lady turned Pokemon trainer is just.. so fun, you know?
When it comes to me and roleplaying, I often tend to find myself roleplaying as 'weaker' or more grounded characters much like Madeleine here as a preference. It's kind of muted here to an extent since she's still not going to be alone and she does have her Pokémon by her side, a lot of why I love to roleplay at times is 'how is X character going to handle this situation?' rather than just brute forcing things via nonsense abilities that they may be gifted.

When it comes to me and roleplaying, I often tend to find myself roleplaying as 'weaker' or more grounded characters much like Madeleine here as a preference. It's kind of muted here to an extent since she's still not going to be alone and she does have her Pokémon by her side, a lot of why I love to roleplay at times is 'how is X character going to handle this situation?' rather than just brute forcing things via nonsense abilities that they may be gifted.
That's awesome! I wholeheartedly agree; seeing how characters interact and deal with situations is one of my favorite things to witness, and I'm super curious as to how she's going to deal with certain situations that come up. I'm looking forward to it!

That's awesome! I wholeheartedly agree; seeing how characters interact and deal with situations is one of my favorite things to witness, and I'm super curious as to how she's going to deal with certain situations that come up. I'm looking forward to it!
Part of it is also why I ended up asking prior if it was if characters were going find themselves having to actually fend for themselves even without Pokémon to aid them. Considering the type of person Madeleine is, she's far from adept at doing so which is only going to make things more intriguing.

I have been burned more than once by site notifications so, if it happens I have not replied in a few days and didn't say anything about a leave of absence, please send me a DM just in case.

Is Victini still available as a Legendary I could partner up with? Or is it already mine?

Hoyo! Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see a DM from you so I can't be certain I've confirmed Victini is yours. But to the best of my memory nobody's claimed it. And it's not on any of the character sheets. So yeah, I'd say it's safe for you to claim it as your own for the RP!

Hello, hows everyone doing?

Hoyo, you two!

Thanks for popping in! Gundam and Naburius will be joining up with us! And potentially one more as well, though they're currently on vacation and won't be around for when we start the adventure in the next day or two (hopefully).

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

@asphodelus @SheepKing Absollover77 Absollover77 @RulerOfChad @Levi_Ijin PainterFight PainterFight MrBrown MrBrown @Phayne @galaxsci kasigi kasigi NimbusWing NimbusWing

Since it came up in DM's, I wanted to update everyone on something else I think would be good information to share given the more realistic vibe of this RP world.

I'm sure we're all aware of certain "gimmick" Pokemon becoming more popular with each new generation in the games, as well as a few we can remember from the manga/anime as well. Examples include Giant Pokemon, Mechanical Pokemon, talking Pokemon like Meowth and the one Ghastly from the first season of the anime, Paradox Pokemon from alternate dimensions or timelines, Dynamax or Gigantamax or whatever they're called, Crystallization or whatever that gimmick was from Scarlet/Violet, etc.

Because this RP runs on a more grounded and realistic vibe, none of the above gimmicks will be in this RP world.

Cheers!

Noted thanks for clarification. This means mega evolution is not a thing. This takes place with normal Pokémon but before the generational split that caused mega Pokémon and gimmick battles in the games. Gotcha boss!

Noted thanks for clarification. This means mega evolution is not a thing. This takes place with normal Pokémon but before the generational split that caused mega Pokémon and gimmick battles in the games. Gotcha boss!

It's with some level of reluctance that I confirm this. I actually like Mega Evolutions. But, sadly, they're just too out there for a realistic experience. 😭

It's with some level of reluctance that I confirm this. I actually like Mega Evolutions. But, sadly, they're just too out there for a realistic experience. 😭
It's okay Goji it makes sense. Not everyone is even special or lucky enough to get their hands on a mega stone and key stone anyway. It would make sense to eliminate them from causing problems.

It may not be the greatest or cleanest cs I've made, but I tried my best to make it work

Hoyo. No worries!

The profile looks good. The info on how Rin met Rokkong is quite funny, and I like the quirk of Rin throwing Rokkong at people who piss him off. That'll be interesting to see in action. Lol!

Anyway, since you're one of our newest peeps to join up I'll give a brief summary of the RP's lore and mechanics (or, what counts for "mechanics" from an OOC standpoint, lol) just for the sake of convenience.

- - - - - - - - -

Pokemon Trainers come in two forms: Licensed (meaning you have a PokeDex and are officially registered with the Pokemon League) and Unlicensed (No Pokedex or affiliation with the League).

Licensed Pokemon Trainers are allowed to participate in official Pokemon League events such as the Gym Challenge, Elite Four/Regional Champion challenge, Pokemon Olympics, etc.

Unlicensed Pokemon Trainers are free to capture and train their Pokemon however they wish. But without having registered with the League their options are limited to unofficial events such as the one that kicks off this RP.

Given Rin's desire for proving himself I would imagine he'd want to register so he can participate in official League happenings. Would I be correct in this guess? If so, you can either add that he registered with the league either before or after capturing Rokkong (he doesn't need to be registered to buy Poke Balls, after all, so he could have registered after), or we can get Rin registered after the RP officially begins and we're through with the opening event.

We've already got two folks, I believe, who will be doing that. And since Pokemon League representatives are here in Saffron to help oversee the event once it's over you can go get registered. It's a 3 day course. First two days are lectures. Day three is an exam. Pass with 70%+ grade and you're officially a registered and licensed Pokemon Trainer who can participate in all official League activities.

Let me know which you'd prefer!

EDIT: Or, if Rin doesn't care to register and wants to prove himself his own way without worrying about the official Pokemon League events and such, he's free to simply move forward with his adventure alongside Rokkong after the event.

Given Rin's desire for proving himself I would imagine he'd want to register so he can participate in official League happenings. Would I be correct in this guess? If so, you can either add that he registered with the league either before or after capturing Rokkong (he doesn't need to be registered to buy Poke Balls, after all, so he could have registered after), or we can get Rin registered after the RP officially begins and we're through with the opening event.
Definitely would like to register during the rp. Maybe Rin learns about the pokemon league and that's how he makes an attempt to join up.

Definitely would like to register during the rp. Maybe Rin learns about the pokemon league and that's how he makes an attempt to join up.

Coolio!

All of the information about the opening event is in my intro post in the IC posting thread (linked at the top of this page as the "Main" thread). It's a bit of a read, but please do go give it a look see so you know what Rin can dive into to kick off his adventure.

I've temporarily locked the thread to replies for the time being until we get our last two or three folks to submit their CS's to me. But once they're in and approved I'll unlock the thread so everyone can get posting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back