• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon League (Darigea, Still Accepting)

SkullRoss

Mindless Thinker
So you wanna be a Gym Leader of the Darigea region? Apply today and participate in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to show off your unique skills to prove that you can take on the responsibilities. The application process involves a quest across the region of Darigea. Good luck to you all.

Upon acceptance of your written application, all Gym Leader applicants receive this letter:

And each applicant will receive these instructions:

And each applicant must travel with a portable communication device (for example, Holo Caster) to stay updated on the latest news and events. If an applicant doesn't have a Holo Caster, they may present their acceptance letter to the Mayor of any city in Darigea to receive a Holo Caster for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
(OOC: I'm gonna RP a bit with Walt and his colleagues. They are Pokemon League officials ,and they will give you all a bit of insight into what's going on behind the scenes while most everyone else is traveling around Darigea completing challenges.)

[Walt, Copia City]

A middle-age man named Walt was tucked away at a small desk in the corner of a small office space. He was hunched over, signing documents that bore the logo of the Pokemon League. They seemed rather important. He checked his watch; it was 15 minutes until 2 o'clock. He was going to have to leave soon.

"Walt, I hope you haven't forgotten about your appointment at 2." A younger woman had just appeared beside Walt. She appeared surprised that Walt was still in the office.

"No, I haven't, Dana." Walt checked his watch instinctively. "I've got plenty of time. It's not like my last appointment where I had to go across town. This one is at the coffee shop just across the street."

The woman turned to peer out the window. She looked down from the second-story office room, and stared at the coffee shop, but then noticed all the pedestrians, bikes, and cars. "Yeah, we really ought to have a larger space so we can handle these meetings. I'm getting tired of all this day-time traffic all throughout Copia City." She turned her head to the left. "Hey, Freddy! Could you look into getting us a comfortable place to work?"

A man sitting at another desk faced Dana. He was on the opposite side of the room, which was probably about 10 feet away. "Uh... I already called my pops last week and he said 'no'," he replied dully.

"Your father is the Vice Chairman of the Pokemon Association, for Pete's sake!" Dana's voice was raised. "Ugh. I took this awful job, thinking I would travel the world and see beautiful new sights. And I would work with these guys who have great connections. And everything would be wonderful. But instead I get this cramped little office and-"

"Okay!" Walt interrupted. "I think it's time for your break." Walt checked his watch once again. "I have somewhere to be, and right now I'm a little scared to see how this office is going to look once I return." He paused to think, closing his squinty eyes. After a brief moment, he glared at Dana through his glasses. "Dana, you're coming with me for my appointment with Professor Maple." He quickly turned his gaze toward Freddy. "Freddy, can you handle taking calls on your own?"

Freddy stared blankly. "Well, I-"

Before Freddy even start talking, Walt was already opening the door and guiding Dana through it by her shoulder. "Perfect. We'll be back in a half-hour or so... maybe an hour." And the door shut quickly behind them.

Yuki yawned and rubbed her eyes as she woke up from her nap. When she looked I front of her all she saw was red and blue "Gnar." She poked him a few times trying to wake him up. "Come on Gnar it's time we get up from our nap. I mean we were asleep for at least two hours. We need to get up and go explore. We haven been here for thirteen years I kinda missed the place and I'm glad mom and dad kept our room the same." She smiled looking at her room. It had sky blue walls with clouds drawn on and a few flying Pokemon on them. She looked over to her desk and saw a few pictures of her and Gnar when they were younger and smiled. Getting out of bed she raised her arms above her head and stretched. After stretching she went downstairs to see her mom in the kitchen cooking food like always and her dad watching the news.

"Oh Yuki good you are awake. I think it's time that we gave this to you." Her father handed her a small box with a key. "Do you remember the man that saved you when you were alone in the mountains when you were younger?" She nodded taking the key and box from her father. "Well that was your uncle, my older brother. He said to give you this box when you and garchomp have a very strong bond.Also this came in the mail for you yesterday." He handed her a letter and themn went back to watching tv not really caring what the letter was or what was in the box, but he didn't have to since he already knew.

Yuki put the letter in a pocket and looked at the box and wondered what would be inside. Not being able to take it anymore she unlocked the box and opened it to see a necklace and a ring. At first she was confused because she didn't get what it was, until it dinged on her. It was a megastone for her and Gnar. Running over to where Gnar was she set the box down on her desk and grabbed the necklace and put it around his neck and then she put the ring on and smiled. "Look Gnar now you can mega evolve like we always wanted." Yuki hugged Gnar and jumped up and down a few times. After she was done she went back downstairs with Gnar and then left the house to go to the Pokemon center to get Gnar checked up on.

(I'll be leaving it at that since it is already really long >.<)

Rex woke up early in the morning as always. After having a light breakfast of mainly toast and milk, he heads into his backyard and releases the catch on his pokeballs, letting his Tyrantrum and Blaziken, Carnage and Ace respectively out of them.

"Morning to you two. Full of energy I see. Well, I've got good news for you. I checked the mail last night and received these letters. Apparently I am eligible for running a Pokemon Gym. Though there are a lot of challenges to clear and I'll need to start looking for the third member for our team. We'll head out after some morning practice shall we? Ready? And go!"

Carnage rushed at Ace, attempting to sink his fangs on it and crunch it like always while Ace was dodging and getting ready to release a flurry of punches and kicks. Flames danced all around the two of them as they sparred fiercely, only ending when the both of them laid down in exhaustion.

"That was great. You two are a strong duo. Hopefully our third member will be just as strong or even surpass the both of you. Let's get you back in the balls and we can head off."

Quinn woke up with a stretch and pushed Ninetales' tails off his legs. Fletchling chirped at Quinn from his perch by the window. Quinn tried to give a "good morning" greeting to the bird but yawned halfway through. He nudged Ninetales shoulder to wake her, "Come on, gotta get breakfast before we go see the mayor for our holo caster. "

Quinn made himself a quick breakfast of eggs and toast while Fletchinder and Ninetales each had a couple berries. After breakfast came a shower and gathering his four poke balls, then they were off to see the mayor.

Yuki walked into the Pokemon center and saw nurse joy. "Hi nurse Joy, I'm here to get Gnar checked up on." She pushed Gnar towards nurse Joy. Nurse Joy laughed a little remembering how much Gnar hated getting his check ups. When they finally got him back there Yuki sat down in one of the chairs and took out the letter she got. After looking over it a few times here eyes became big. After about thirty minutes later Gnar was walking back to Yuki. "Look Gnar we got an acceptance letter to be a gym leader, but I only have you right now. Well I guess I should at least get two of our friends to come along with us on our journey, but who should it be?" She walked over to the pc and turned it on. Looking through all of her Pokemon she fought on her journey she chose the perfect two. Walking out of the Pokemon center she grabbed both of the pokeballs and slightly threw them in the air. "Come on out Noibat and Meowstic." When they appeared she smiled and hugged them both. "So I chose you both with Gnar to be my Pokemon for this journey to become a gym leader. I hope you guys will help me out." She let go of them and retuned them back to their pokeballs and then looked at Gnar. "I guess we should go and see the mayor about getting a holo caster."

Malik opens his eyes against the harsh light that spilled through the blinds in the room he was staying in. He sat up and stretched a bit before lightly petting the small mouse Pokémon that laid cuddled up against his side "Castiel. Wake up we should...sh-...." Malik yawns still feeling sleepy and sore for the previous days walk from their home town to a small inn that was several miles away from home. He wasn't sure how they could keep this up.

Castiel looked up at him blinking
"Chuuuu~" the Pichu yawns before getting to its paws and stretched followed by shaking out it's fur.

Once dressed and with all his items and Castiel with him, Malik heads downstairs where he was met with an elderly couple, the Inn owners. The wife, who insists on being called Granny was setting two plates down consisting of pancakes, omelets, and sausage.
"Good morning Granny, Pawpaw." He said the couple as he reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Good morning Malik!" Granny says as she gestures for him to take a seat, Castiel scurried forward waving his paws in a playful gesture "And good morning to you Caliber." Granny says setting the pet bowls down with water in one and special Pokémon food mix in the other.

"So you gon' be headin' off to the next town over yonder?" The old man asked. Malik nods "I also hope to find more Pokémon...as great it would be to just be me and Castiel...I need a full team in case he faints and to better understand them." He adds.

Granny swoons over the idea and laughs
"Oh, by the way I heard that we'll be seeing more Gym Leaders soon. There has been letters going out for those skilled enough and is powerful."

Malik looked curiously at the woman
"I should keep an eye out for them."

After breakfast and a lengthy good bye Malik and Casteil set out. He would miss the old couple but they won't be forgotten especially since the old man had given him a Thunderstone for Castiel when he evolves into Pikachu.

He wasn't sure what the time was or how far he had gone but he did know that he was deep in the forest and most likely lost.

[Murdoc, Pearlville]

A small boat bobbed up and down with the short waves. The man on the boat sat still, the rod clutched tightly in his hands. His eyes were focused on the water's surface without purpose. A Pelipper swooped down from above and landed on the boat's bow. A light thud woke Murdoc up from his trance-like state. He turned his gaze toward the Pelipper, then toward its feet, noticing the envelopes that the bird dropped. "So, the mail was deliv'r'd early t'day?"

The tone in his voice sounded uninterested. The Pelipper responded with a short squawk and stretching its wings a bit. Murdoc looked for the sun. "Yer right, Lulu. I lost track o' the time, didn't I?" There came a sudden sense of urgency in his tone. The man reeled up his rod and set in the boat. "Well, don't I feel addled now?" He pulled out two oars and proceeded to row toward land. Peliiiipperrrrr. Lulu was looking a bit agitated. "Well, to pass the time, why don'tcha read some o' thar lett'rs to meh?" Lulu flew off toward land. "Hahahahah. Nev'r gets old!"

-------------------------

Several minutes later...

-------------------------

The door quickly swung open, and the man walked briskly into the kitchen. A woman moved about the room as she prepared dinner. "Honey, I've got somethin' impart'nt tah tell ya." He slapped his palms against the surface of the counter in the center of the kitchen. A slip of paper was sandwiched between the counter and his left hand. "Yes, Dear. I'm sure you do. Could you hand me those carrots?" She pointed at the sink, where she had previously rinsed some vegetables. "Yes, Honey." He stepped toward the sink, grabbed the carrots, and hung them close to her face. "Chopped?" She asked imperatively. "Oh, right. Of course."

As Murdoc chopped away carelessly at the carrots, he managed to get in a few words to his wife. "Now, look. I know this is very sudd'n, an' it may come as a su'prise to ya. But I got this lett'r in the mail, and I foun' out t'day that those League folks lik'd my appl'cation. So I'll be headin' off pertty soon." Murdoc finished his statement while handing her the chopped carrots. "That's nice, Dear," she responded indifferently as she took the carrots. "Now how about the celery?"

"Lev'l wit' meh, Muriel! Didn't ya hear meh?" Murdoc yelled and clenched his fists. "You aren't ev'n the least bit tak'n 'back by what I told ya?" She chuckled lightly. "Murdock. I wasn't surprised when you asked me to marry you. I wasn't even surprised when you demanded that Lulu be the ring-bearer at our wedding. I wasn't surprised when you started training your Pokemon seriously. And I am surely not surprised by your announcement today." He unclenched his fists. "But... how could ya know?"

"Oh, that look on your face when you walked in the door just now, the note in your hand, the look on Lulu's face as she swoops past our window back there. I know how to put 3 and 3 together." There was a look of confusion on his face. "But that could mean anythin'!"

"Oh, and Vivian called me a little while ago. She told me how her husband received the same note. You see, it doesn't take a genius to know that you had the same note in your hand. If Vivi's man can get in, then surely my man did as well." She chuckled again. "Wait! Ya mean tah tell meh that scallawag, Grigori, is doin' this too? Now, I've gotta get goin' as soon as poss'ble so he don't steal my thund'r. Sorry if I don't give ya 'nough time tah pr'pare a prop'r farewell."

"You're so silly, Dear. What do you think I'm doing right now?" Murdoc glanced at all the dishes and ingredients lying about. "My fav'rite?" She nodded with a grin.

Malik

Malik huffed exhausted as he leans heavily against a tree trying to ignore the soreness he felt. He didn't see how the Trainers that came before him could have handled all this walking but he knew that with time he'd be used to it. He looked down at Castiel who was looking up at him worried, smiling Malik sat down taking off his satchel and pulled out a small can of Pokémon food and pulled off the top. "Here you go...eat up little one."

Malik pulled out a Sandwhich and began to have lunch. Halfway through the meal he noticed the tall grass began to shake and within seconds a Meowth emerges, it's fur ruffled and dirty as it creeps out of the grass. It eyes the Pokémon food that Castiel was munching on noisily, stalking slightly the cat Pokémon pounces onto the cat hissing at the Pichu swiping at it.

Castiel squeaks out of sheer surprise and flees behind Malik "Pi! Pichu pi pichu!" Castiel explains. However Malik just petted the mouse and scoots toward the Meowth, sitting on his knees the mix-match eyed boy held out his sandwich to the Pokémon. "Here have this instead." He said setting the food down, he see the look in its eyes that it was planning on attacking the hackles were raised and it's back was arched.

Meowth watched cautiously only until Malik was back against the tree did it go for the sandwich, Castiel was tempting to go back to its meal but Malik stopped him "Not yet." He said. Up close it was clear to see that Meowth was much smaller than other Meowths that he grew up around, not to mention it was hurt pretty bad. It had a rope around it's neck implying that it had a owner but they abandoned it.

He wondered how long it had been on its own and he knew that it needed to get to a Pokémon Center. And battling it in this condition was unfair, so taking advantage of the situation he took off his jacket and tackled the Pokémon swaddling it.

"Cas! Let's go, I think Jade Town is just beyond here...ugh...let's go!"

The two ran through the forest to the next town over, Jade Town. All the way pain was shearing through Maliks arms, he could hear the angry yowls and cries of the Pokémon as it used Scratch. Thankfully he reached the town and the Pokémon Center.

He enters the Center calling Nurse Joy, however Chansey and Audino appears. He explains to the Pokémon what had happen Chansey takes Meowth and speaks to it calming it down before the two head back with the Pokémon.

Malik sighs as he goes to sit in a chair his arms feeling raw. He begins to work on his arms when Castiel spots a Garchomp "Piii!" He squeaks frightened. Malik looks up and sees the trainer and her Pokémon he wondered if she was starting her journey to but the looks of the Pokémon he doubted it.

@Brokenbri

Yuki watched as she saw a boy holding a meowth run into the Pokemon center. She looked between the mayors office and the Pokemon sentence and sighed. Walking back into the Pokemon center she saw the boy and saw that his arm was scratched up from the meowth so she went over and helped him with his bandages and smiled at him and the pichu. "What happened to that meowth that you just brought in here and why was it attacking you?" Gnar nudged her in the back "Garrr." Yuki looked back at Gnar and he pointed at himself and her then to the boy. Her eyes widened in realization and looked back at the boy. "Sorry about that, my name is Yuki and this is my partner Gnar. When I saw you I was on my way to go get a holo caster from the mayor but thought it could wait cuz I wanted to see what was going on here. I'm glad I did too since I saw your arm." She pointed at herself and then Gnar when she introduced them and smiled.

@Creepypasta Hound

"Ah...I...." Malik hated that he was painfully shy but seeing that Castiel was already sniffing Yuki following up by running around Gnar, he trusted his Pokémon and his decision that that they were kind. Relaxing someone he said "Well I honestly don't know what to Meowth...me...ah I'm Malik and that's Castiel." He said, as if thrilled to be pointed out the Pichu squeaks.

"I brought it here because of the condition it's in, I wonder who it's owner is." He said softly. He looked curiously up a Yuki "You mentioned going to pick up a Holo Caster...are you a soon to be Gym Leader?" He asked curiously.

@Brokenbri

(Sorry for the wait RPNation Isn't working right)

[Walt, Copia City]

Walt checked his watch; it was 10 past 2. "I'd better try calling." He pulled a holo caster from his pocket, and pressed a sequence of buttons. A large 'X' was projected from the holo caster. Sorry, Professor Maple is currently unavailable. Would you like to leave a message? Walt pressed a button. "Hello, Professor. This is Walt from the Pokemon League. Just checking in with you about our meeting today at 2. Let me know if you'll be able to make it." He set his holo caster on the table between Dana and himself.

"Aw, and you got me all excited about meeting this professor. All for nothing." Dana said just before taking a sip of her coffee.

"Well, we should just use this time to take a break for the next 20 minutes."

"Fine by me, but I sure hope no one important calls the office right now. I don't think Freddy can handle it. He's like... too young or something."

"Eh, he'll be fine. I trust you to take calls all the time. And aren't you two about the same age?"

Dana placed her hands over her face and set her elbows against the table. "Ugh. Please don't compare me to him like that again. It gives me a headache."

"So, I take that as a y-" Ding. Ding. Ding. Walt grabbed his holo caster and pressed a couple buttons.

Dana uncovered her face. "Is it Professor Maple?"

"No," Walt adjusted his glasses and paused for a couple seconds, "it's a message from the Pokeathlon Committee. It's short notice, but we'll have to work with it. Looks like I've got some good news... and some interesting news." Walt set his holo caster back on the table. "The good news is that we've got approved for on-the-field access to the event in Shellport this weekend."

"That's great! So, what's the interesting news?"

"One of us will have to go."

Dana was surprised at his statement. "Wait, I thought Reggie was going to handle all the Pokeathlon stuff."

"Well, Reggie's actually busy this weekend. He's probably on his way to Precidia right now," Walt confessed.

"Oh, right. He's also working with the Route 49 project. So, then, who's gonna go do the event this weekend?" she inquired.

"Well, I'm hoping you'll be willing to do this one. I really want to go find the professor this weekend. We have some important matters to discuss. So, what do you say? Will you go?" Walt asked urgently, almost begging.

Dana became a bit nervous. "Um, well, this wasn't really part of my job description... but if you need me to, I guess I can handle it."

"Oh, thank you. I promise it's not hard. Just take good notes so I can review them later. Okay?"

"You've got it, boss. I'll do my best."

"And I need you to send out a holo caster notification about this event to all the applicants, today, before you clock out. I forwarded you all the information about it."

"Suddenly, I feel really busy. You want me to do my job today, and then you want me to do someone else's job this weekend. What's next?" Dana asked playfully.

"Eh, we'll soon have tons of officials flowing in. This region will be swarming with 'em, and you'll get back to doing your thing without interruption."

[Holo Caster Notification]

(OOC: All applicants who currently have their holo caster will be able to view this message immediately. All others will be able to view it as soon as they receive their holo caster from their mayor. And in case you're wondering. I will probably not be posting Holo Caster notifications for every event. Just assume they are being sent regularly based on the information I post elsewhere. But I thought I'd do it for this so everyone would sorta know how it works.)

Dana's face will be projected, saying these words, "We apologize for the short notice. A new event has been added to your calendar. There will be a Pokeathlon event in Shellport this weekend. This Pokeathlon will have the block smash, hurdle dash, and disc catch. We hope to see you there."

Rex had recalled his two pokemon and headed for the Pokemon Center to get them healed up. Granted, they were both tough fighters that could hold their own but it was always best to be in peak condition. As he left his backyard, the two pokeballs shook violently and he lets his two partners out.

"What's the matter? Don't wanna stay in there? Well, it'll be a problem in tight places but since most areas are large enough, I guess it's fine. Just don't go jumping on every wild Pokemon we see."

Carnage growled softly while Ace nodded and they followed beside Rex. Reaching the Pokemon Center, he walks in with his two pokemon following behind, Carnage barely able to get past the door with its size. Looking around, he sees that Nurse joy isn't at the counter and waits for either her or a Chansey to appear. He notices two other trainers talking together. One had a Garchomp while the other had a Pichu.

@Brokenbri @Creepypasta Hound

[Murdoc, Pearlville City Hall]

The doors burst open and a man stumbled inside, panting heavily. He was followed closely by a Pelipper. The receptionist looked on with concern on her face. "Welcome, sir. Do you need any water or something?" Murdoc lifted his hand, signaling that he needed a second to catch his breath before speaking. "No..." he panted. "I just... need tah..." Murdoc couldn't even finish his sentence out of exhaustion. He bent over and took a couple of deep breaths. "Lulu... I haven't run like that in years." Murdoc raised his head and faced the receptionist. "I'm here tah collect my hollow cast thing... whatever it's called."

"Oh, are you one of the applicants for the gym leader jobs?"

"You got it, lass." he responded as he walked up closer to her desk.

"Well, I believe what you are asking for is called a 'holo caster'. I have one for you right around here somewhere." She ducked down below her desk and opened a drawer by her feet. "Could I have your name, please?"

"Murdoc Foley."

The receptionist reappeared into view, holding a device in her hands. "Give a moment to set this up for you." She proceeded to type information into it. After a few seconds, she handed to Murdoc. "Here you are. It's all set up to receive notifications from the Pokemon League as more news becomes available. Take good care of it." She smiled as Murdoc grabbed the device from her hand.

"Thank you very much." Murdoc turned the holo caster around at various angles. He wasn't exactly sure which way he was supposed to hold it. Ding Ding Ding. Murdoc was startled by the sound. "Blimey! What was that?"

The receptionist giggled a bit. "Oh, that's a message for you to read. I'll bet it's the Pokemon League." Murdoc stared blankly at the device. "Press the button with the flashing light," she whispered as if discreetly giving a hint.

"Ya mean this one?" he asked as he pressed the button. The message from Dana played regarding the Pokeathlon event in Shellport. "Well, that's a tad far for such short notice."

"Well, maybe you'll be able to make it to the next one," the receptionist replied. "If your interested, our mayor is involved in the challenges as well. You can schedule a Pokemon battle with her. She's available this afternoon between 2 and 4."

Murdoc's face lit up. "Great! I'll take on that challenge... at the strike of 2."

The receptionist began typing on her computer. "Excellent. I'll schedule an appointment for you. We'll see you then."

Murdoc pondered something heavily. "Say, what time is it right now, anyways?"

"It's a quarter 'til 10, sir." Murdoc's face turned to disappointment. "Ugh. What will I do for 3 hours?" The receptionist hesitated to make him feel any worse but decided it was best to correct him. "Umm... more like 4 hours."

After a while of waiting, Rex finally manages to find a Chansey to bring his two pokemon for a quick heal before setting off. He had quite a distance to travel. First thing was to exit the Gazania Forest on the east end and the grassy plains before he would reach the more barren lands of Jade Town.

When he exited the Pokemon Center, his pokeballs shook again and he released his partners.

"You guys really dislike being inside when there is so much space out here. Can't blame you. Well then, let's set off on our longest adventure yet. We will be travelling a lot so let's not get too hyperactive. Especially you Carnage."

The Tyrantrum growled and stomped its foot before following after Rex and Blaziken.

[Dana, Shellport, Pokeathlon arena]

Dana walked briskly down the track, pulling a cart behind her. She had originally planned simply to be a spectator at this Pokeathlon. But she had arrived at the arena so early that she got roped into helping to set up for the events. They told her to go around the track placing a hurdle at every blue mark she passes. She looked toward the center of the arena where her Pokemon were helping to set up stacks of blocks. Looks like they're doing pretty well over there, she thought. She stopped to place a hurdle down, then continued forward. As she progressed around the track, she reminded herself of the rules for each of the 3 events for today.

The trainers will be allowed to send only 1 Pokemon into each event. Since there are 3 events, the trainer could use up to 3 Pokemon throughout the entire competition. But the trainer can choose to send the same Pokemon into 2 or more events for any reason.

Block Smash will come first. Each Pokemon will face 3 stacks of stone blocks. Each stack will consist of 10 blocks. Each block is about 3 inches thick. The Pokemon will have 1 minute to break as many of the 30 blocks as possible. Pokemon may not interfere with other Pokemon during this event. The Pokemon that breaks the most blocks will win. If more than one Pokemon breaks all 30 before the timer reaches zero, then their time will be used to determine who wins.

Hurdle Dash will come second. Each Pokemon will have to run a distance of 100 meters, while jumping over hurdles along the way. Flying Pokemon and levitating Pokemon will not be allowed to compete in this event. Pokemon may not interfere with other Pokemon during this event. Pokemon must remain in their own lane. The winner is determined by whichever Pokemon reaches the finish first.

Disc Catch will come third. Pokemon will be gathered together in a circular region. Discs will be launched from outside the circle towards the Pokemon from various angles. The Pokemon must "catch" as many discs as possible. The Pokemon do not necessarily have to catch the disc, but simply knock the disc off its initial trajectory. But the Pokemon must use their body to hit the disc. For example, Charmander may not use flamethrower to hit a disc. The Pokemon may attack or interfere with each other, but only at the moment that they are trying to catch a disc.

Dana unloaded the last hurdle from her cart. She swept the sweat from her forehead as she headed back to the center of the arena. It looked like the entire arena was almost entirely ready to go. Now all she had to do was wait for the Pokeathlon to start.

Douglas felt giddy with excitement as he read through the letter he had gotten. He had read through the first part of the letter around seven times just to be sure that this wasn't some cruel prank, but when he saw the ton of instructions there was no doubt in his mind, he had done it. He had managed to get through to the second round! He had an urge to run around town and shout "I MADE IT" at the top of his lungs, but before he could do that he needed to read through the instructions, and there were lots and lots of instructions.

Slowly, but surely he got through all the rules and instructions. Most of them were easy to follow and wouldn't be much of a hassle, but the rule about the use of powered transport bugged him. Douglas had expected to be able to jump on his father's motorbike and cruise around, but it seemed like he wouldn't be able to do that. It was true that the rules never mentioned motorbikes by name, but Douglas was pretty sure that using one would be a no-no. "Well... exercises is good... I guess" he said, letting out a loud sigh. He was sure that eventually he would end up hating that rule, but the rest seemed fine and now that he was done reading it was time to go and shout at some people.

When he came outside the first thing Douglas did was to release his Pokemon by throwing their Pokeballs as high in the air as he could. "Okay, guys! Time to go and tell the people we will be leaving soon!" and just moments after Douglas said that the capsules burst opened. A beam of bright, white light came from each capsule and eventually Douglas's three trusty friends were in front of him. Gobi the Sandlash, Verde the Cacnea and Relic the Sigilyph. "So, as I'm sure you guys heard, we are heading out. We got through to round two! So tell me, who is ready to explore this region?!" and as an answer, Douglas heard the happy cries of his Pokemon. "Now, let's go tell some people!" and so they did. Douglas ran all over town, knocking on the door of everyone he knew to tell them, yes, he would indeed become a gym leader.

[Route 59, Western side, Gazania Forest-west]

Rex was looking through the tall grass and up on trees. What he hoped to find was a wild Pokemon with the guts to rush at him and his partners. Someone with the courage to face down its opponents without backing down even when the odds were not in its favor. So far, all he managed to see were common Pokemon that steered clear of his way. At the very least, he managed to pick some Cheri berries for Carnage and Pecha berries for Ace.

"Alright you two, eat up. It's your favourite berries. Well, since we'll be travelling a lot, you'll get the chance to have fresh berries. Though I'll also be taking a few. Remember, don't eat everything in one go. Let's at least plant back a few and let them grow again."

He had spent most of his life alone, living with whatever he managed to obtain. While Carnage and Ace were enjoying their berries, he planted a few back where he had found them. Nature would take its course and the berries would grow back again.

"Alright, so far, not many interesting Pokemon in the area for me. Carnage! Ace! Let's go."

They called out happily and followed by his side again, heading for the forest's exit.

Yuki smiled as the pichu sniffed her and gnar. She looked over to where the meowth was taken and looked a little sad. When he mentioned the holocaster she looked at the time and sighed. "Crap, I will be right back." She looked towards Gnar. "Gnar stay here I'm going to go get the holo caster." She looked back at Malik "If you want after you figure out what happened to that meowth we can travel together...of course that's only if you want to." After she said that she left to go get the holocaster from the mayor. Walking into the mayors office she was greeted by the mayor "Oh, Yuki, I was wondering when you would come by here." She walked over to Yuki and handed her the holocaster and then went back to her desk and looked at some papers. "Congratulations on making it to the second part of trying to be a gym leader! There should be a message on there so when you get time go ahead and look at it." Nodding Yuki looked down at the holocaster and left the mayors office. On the way back she listened to the message and sighed. She looked at the map and saw where the event was and looked sad.

@Creepypasta Hound sorry took so long I've been busy but I'm good now

Malik sighed as he glanced down at the small electric type that sat on the ground, he was worried about the Meowth and it wasn't even his Pokémon. He watches other trainers come in and out of the center.

The small light over the operating door still glowed a strong red, occasionally Chansey and Audino would scurry out and in carrying items or checking to see if he was still there.

"I...uh..."

He wanted to say something more but he noticed that Yuki had already left. He stood and gently petted Gnar when he noticed a sketchy kid walk in, she looked pampered too pampered. She walked with a certain air about her would irritate anyone that saw her, he had a bad feeling about her.

"Nurse Joy! Where is my Pokémon!"

She demanded "It's a small cutie of a Meowth." Her cries caused Nurse Joy to appear, her expression wasn't kind "Lilly Bell, I thought I told you many times not to push your Meowth. I honestly believe you're not cut out for Pokémon training." The Nurse approached Malik and Castiel "Malik, I know that you aren't the Pokémons trainer but would you be willing to stay until he gets better."

"Yes ma'am, I don't mind."

Lilly Bell made a face "What that boy can't just be here for MY Pokémon!"

"He can and he will! Because I'm giving your Pokémon to him! He is kind to his Pokémon and I trust him better than I trust you."

Malik couldn't believe what he was hearing, he had just gotten another Pokémon. Immediately after Nurse Joy had given him custody of Meowth the light turned off and Chansey and Audino walked out carrying Meowth swaddled in a blanket.

"Lilly Bell, give me his Pokéball."

Reluctant, she handed over a blue Pokéball covered in diamonds "Seriously? Wouldn't a normal Pokéball be fine?" Malik thought.

Nurse Joy gave Malik the Pokémon and the Pokéball along with some medicine
"Malik, thank you for bringing this Pokémon in, remember to give him his medicine every four hours."

With that Malik lead Gnar out as he carried Castiel on his shoulder and in his arms were the Meowth. They waited for Yuki to return.

As they waited Malik looked at the massive Ground Dragon type
"You're Gnar right? You must be powerful. I can tell you and your trainer are very close." He said to Gnar with a smile.

@Brokenbri (it's okay :D )

[Murdoc, Pearlville]

Murdoc stared around the room, scratching his chin. It was certainly large enough, but it didn't really look like a battle arena. The whole thing still seemed to be under construction. "Did they send us the wrong way, Lulu?"

"No, this is right place." A woman walked through the doors right behind Murdoc. She looked to be around the same age as him. "We've begun renovations to convert this room into an arena for Pokemon battles. It's not quite finished, but the architects ensure me that it's safe to battle in at this moment. We just have to be careful not to play too roughly, okay?"

Murdoc span around to face the woman. "Oh, so you must be the mayor," he stated with an intimidating grin.

"Mayor Beverly. Yes, and I take it that you're my 2 o'clock, Murdoc Foley." She glared at him sternly. She wasn't about to look intimidated by him. "I've heard about you, Murdoc. Word travels quickly around Pearlville. A relatively new trainer considering how old you are, but fairly talented nonetheless. Just so you know, I won't be going easy on you."

"Fine by me. Lulu and I will take you down no matter what."

The mayor chuckled a bit. "Are you referring to your Pelipper there? Well, that's fine, but maybe you'd like to hear the rules first. This is a one-on-one match. You may wait until after I have chosen my Pokemon before you choose your own. The first to knock out the opponent's Pokemon is the winner. No substitutions are allowed, of course."

"Thanks for the heads up, but I'm sure Lulu will do just fine."

"Okay, let's do this." She began walking over to one side of the arena. "Go stand over there, and we'll begin right away."

[Route 59, middle sector, Gazania plains]

Rex and his Pokemon were resting near the river. He had finally gotten out of the forest and was regaining his stamina. Taking out the letters he had received, he paused after a while.

"...I forgot to get my Holo Caster...ah well, let's just pick one up when we reach Jade Town."

Malik slumped to ground tired of standing, he looked down at Ezekiel, the newly named Meowth and sighed causing its left ear to twitch he had given a some puffs to Gnar and Castiel as he waited for Yuki to return.

"I wonder what it's like to raise a dragon type...I hope we run into one." He thought closing his eyes and unintentionally fell asleep. Castiel hops in front of his trainer "Pii?" He squeaks getting closer to his trainer, the notch eared Pichu looked at the Meowth and poked it awake causing it to stir and open its eyes hissing "Mrrrooow" he snarls.

Collage.png

It took a while, but eventually had Douglas and friends knocked on almost every door in the tiny town. Everyone had wished the crew the best of luck on their journey, and some people even threw in a potion or a berry, it was a nice gesture and Douglas knew he would need them and gladly accepted the items. It was comforting to hear that people believed in him and that they had faith that everything would work out. "Well.." Douglas said as he stood there and tried to remember if there was anyone they had left out, but before he came to a conclusion someone interrupted him. "Hey, kiddo!"

Douglas instantly recognized the voice, and when he turned to where the sound came from he was met by a familiar smile. "I heard you will be leaving town soon?" the old man said, leaning heavily on his walking cane. "That is good, you young people need to go and explore the world and leave the caves to us old people" The man laughed and as he did you could clearly see he was missing a tooth or two. This man was the mayor and owner of every single mine in Precidia, in short he was in the control of most of the town, but nobody minded as they all liked him. "But, there is just one small issue we need to sort out about before you leave." The mayor said and tapped his cane against the ground three times. "I, Thar, mayor of this town would like to test you, and if you win-" Thar took a holo caster and dangled it in front of Douglas "-you get this. Are you up for it?" and Douglas answered instinctively. "Yes!"

Thar's eyes lit up as Douglas accepted his challenge and then dug out two Pokeballs from his pocket.
"Good, now the rules. This fight will be a two on two, no switches and the last one standing is the winner. Do you agree to the rules?" and in response Douglas just nodded, he was more than ready to have some fun.

There were a few moments of silence between the two combatants, the only sounds being the wind blowing and the whispering from the crowd that gathered around them. "Well, time to get this started," Thar said suddenly and threw his PokeBalls up into the air. "It's time to fight, Bastiondon, Armaldo" and then, as clockwork, the ball burst opened and released the two fossil Pokemon, and upon release, you could hear their roar all over town.

Douglas had already known that Thar would be using Bastiodon and some other fossil Pokemon, but deep down he had hoped it wouldn't be Armaldo. He had seen those two work together before, and they could be downright terrifying. He knew that their defences were through the roof and that if he sent out Relic (Sigilyph) to fight, it would be smashed into the ground in just seconds. Douglas turned to his Pokemon and smiled before saying "Well, Gobi, Verde. Go out there and do you best!" and Sandslash and Cacnea quickly ran out onto the battlefield.

Now there just a question of time before someone made the first move.

Collage.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back