• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Johto Academy RP

Characters
Here
Anna gave Andy a sideways glance. "You know those don't live in Johto, right?" she asked him. She picked up a rock from the ground and threw it at the water. Just as the rock left her hand, a wild Gyrados emerged from the water. The rock collided with its horns, and it roared with rage and turned to meet Anna. "Oh, shit," she said, her face blanching. This wouldn't have been a problem if she had her Pokemon with her, but she didn't. She looked up at the huge Pokemon and glanced back at Andy. "Run!" she cried.

As she turned around, she saw Quentin behind her. "You too! Let's get outta here!"

Quentin Windstrom

"Hm?" Quentin said, looking up at the Gyarados. Instinctively, he reached down to where his pokeballs would be, but the only thing that was there was an empty Safari Ball.

"I have an idea!" He exclaimed, throwing the ball as hard as he could at the pokemon in front of him, right between its eyes. The Gyarados was sucked into the ball, and that was when Quentin ran. Since the ball was unlikely to catch it, all it did was buy time. He bolted past Anna, hiding behind a tree.

After a while, everything was quiet, too quiet. Coming out from behind the tree, Quentin saw that the Gyarados was gone. Suddenly, he ran full speed to the edge of the water, where the Safari Ball was waiting for him.

"I.. caught it?" He thought out loud, bewildered. Picking it up, he put the ball into a part of his belt. "Well, I'll release it when we leave, I guess.."

2a37777c30094036874fa30e74e77810.jpg

Carter Grey
Team:
Purity
Date: August 15
Interacting with: Merciless Medic Merciless Medic ThAtGuY101 ThAtGuY101
Mentions:

Pokemon:

Chase the Flygon

Ozzy the Marrowak

Kass the Leafeon

Kiko the Whimsicott

Carter listened to Davy talk, realizing he could probably listen to that voice for hours. When Davy admitted not sharing his gift Carter looked genuinely surprised.
"No, but you're a natural!"

Guiltily, Carter felt special for being permitted to hear Davy sing, and part of him didn't want to share that, but he stuffed it away. If he could bolster Davy's confidence, he would.
"I'd come hear you every day if you performed." He said idly, picking at the stitching on his jacket.

Before Carter could dig too much of a hole for himself on that topic, a cloud of smoke drifted over his feet. Hank had appeared, and where the pokemon was, his trainer wasn't too far behind. Carter closed the distance to the Greavard and reached out to scratch him behind both ears.
"Whosagoopuppy? Whosagoopuppy!" Carter gushed happily.

The entrance was indeed good. "I'd expect nothing less from the contest champ of the academy."
In reply to Dolan Carter held up his jacket. "It'll be even more fabulous now that you're here. Do you have a seem ripper handy? I need to take this out a bit, but Davy needs the most help. He needs a whole ensemble. Spare nothing Dol, I can adjust what needs adjusting. Let's avoid synthetics if we can. I think we're going for comfort as much as style."

Carter glanced sideways at Davy as he corrected himself on "homecoming".
"You know? I really have no idea why they call it that." He said, dismissing the need for correctness.

He took a small roll of sewing tape--a special ribbon-like measuring tool--, spreading his arms out to show Davy what he needed him to do.
"May I?" He asked, holding up the tape, not wanting to invade Davy's space unless he had expressed permission. "Oh, and what's your favourite colour?"

[Andy Watts - Team Strike - The Safari Zone]

Andy felt his entire body go rigid when the Gyarados Anna had somehow managed to stir from the depths emerged, turning its ire on the students standing ashore.

There were whispers of the aquatic giants making their homes across Galar, in the Lake of Outrage or elsewhere off shore. To actually see one at this distance, and feel the sheer, towering might the thing emanated, was... paralyzing and awe-inspiring all at once.

He barely registered Anna bolting for safety and shouting for him to do the same, his mind racing with memories of everything he'd ever read about the species; their indiscriminate rage, natural violence and ability to raze cities primary among those thoughts.

As much as he struggled against his own body to move, he couldn't bring himself to turn and run. When a safari ball came rocketing to the fore and impacted the raging water type with a wet thwack, it only gave him enough of a push to take a few timid steps backward.

When it became clear the Gyarados was captured by the newcomer Andy had barely greeted before the beast emerged, he felt his body relax, only barely.

"Bang up job, mate," Andy exhaled, speaking shakily. "Hope you didn't use up all your luck for today on that beast if you're not going to hang onto it... maybe we let the staff handle it instead of letting it loose to remember who it was that shoved it inside a ball, yeah?"

"And maybe you make your goal at the academy not getting torn apart by wild Pokemon, and finding new ways to continue doing so,"
he huffed, shooting an intense glance at Anna.

Mentions: Anakisuto Anakisuto TruthBehindTheLies TruthBehindTheLies

Last edited:

Davy WilliamsDavy.png
Date: August 15, Tuesday
Interactions: Carter Grey, Dolan Larch
Mentions: N/A
SilverFlight SilverFlight ThAtGuY101 ThAtGuY101

It was great to know that Carter really liked his singing, but now knowing this fact would make it even harder for him to sing to him as his nerves might come to stopper the song from leaving his throat and glue his mouth shut. His cheeks flushed a deep red when Carter admitted to want to watch him perform if he did so every day, which really had him wondering if he should have joined the music club.

Davy felt oddly special though, despite the Butterfrees exploding in his chest and belly. And seeing Carter give the Greavard a good scratching had that blush linger.

Now that he thought about it, Carter wasn't as much of a stuttering mess or nervous wreck as he was a couple days prior. But he was now wondering why he felt this way all of a sudden, as if Carter's sudden confidence (seemingly) had taken all of Davy's marbles and scattered them on accident.

That's when he heard Carter call Dolan the contest champion of the academy, and he tilted his head. "You're a Contest Champion?" He asked Dolan, a bit confused. He realized how that might come off and he chuckled a bit. "Ah, sorry, didn't mean to make you sound less impressive. I've only been here for a couple days, so I haven't really seen you perform in the academy. If it's anything like what we saw in TV though, I wouldn't be too surprised."

This thing with seam ripper sounded harsh. He took off the chaps while he was at it, then the vest, folding them up neatly and putting them in a pile of stuff he worn so he may put it back up on the rack.

Hearing Carter's dismissal of having Davy correct himself had him chuckling. "I don't know either."

Aaaaaaand back when he thought he could let his cheeks cool down to a more appropriate shade of tanned flesh, Carter asked to do his measurements. His cheeks at least tinted pink and hadn't turned any darker. To compensate, he decided to be silly and slap the hat he was wearing on Carter, chuckling slightly. "Uh, sure, absolutely, I don't mind at all. And uhh..." He looked up at the ceiling, thinking long and hard about his favorite color. "Uh... Blue, green, brown, and... Yellow. Yup, I think that's it." He smiled, moving every which way to help Carter get those measurements.

Davy definitely was a big boy though, with broad shoulders and chest, large biceps, Carter just had it all under numbers now. The definition of healthy and strong for bulky bodies.

Last edited:
Anna looked back at Andy. "How was I supposed to know about that?" she asked hotly. "It's a completely normal occurrence to throw rocks into large bodies of water! ¡Por Dios!" She looked pretty angry, but at Quentin, because he made her look like an incompetent idiot.

Mentions: TruthBehindTheLies TruthBehindTheLies Meatball30 Meatball30

Last edited:

"I don't suppose you know much about much, do you?" Andy frowned, making a point to stride away from the lake they'd roused the blue behemoth from for safety. He crossed his arms, leaning against the trunk of a towering oak. He locked his rusty, reddish eyes with Anna's, his usually intense glare burning just a bit brighter, given the day's events.

"I can't say how they do things in Paldea, but seems you'd want to be a bit more respectful 'round a place with Pokemon that don't blink at leveling towns, let alone noshing on a few academy students. We'd barely register as an appetizer for some of the things wandering in here. This isn't a vacation, sweetheart. Be a little serious."

He bit at his thumb nail anxiously, breaking off a bit and spitting it into the grass at his feet. He'd never run into so much trouble in a single day, especially when it started with such a simple, achievable goal. It felt like this any time other folks tried to wiggle their way into his path. He'd been a consistent loner in Motostoke, and it had gotten him far.

As pleasant as the day was, the light breeze tickling his face didn't feel as sweet as it did just an hour or so past.

Probably would've had my catch already if I didn't get wrapped up with this Anna bird, he thought bitterly. Wish Cricket was here.

"Lucky for us this lad came along then," Andy nodded at Quentin, pushing his thoughts aside for now. "I don't suppose you saw any Chansey before you came to slay the dragon, yeah? I've got a bit of a bone to pick with one of them."

Anna's smoldering eyes flared. "So now I'm responsible for something I didn't even know was going to happen?! Just about figures." She turned away from him and started pacing back and forth, seeming to grow angrier by the second, her speech growing more full of words he probably couldn't understand.

"¡Por el amor de Dios! ¡No puedo creerte! ¡Cometí un solo error y me atacaste como los Gyarados que acaban de atacarnos! Hombres! No puedo tratar con ellos!"
For God's sake! I can not believe you! I made a single mistake and you attacked me like the Gyarados that just attacked us! Men! I can't deal with them!

VC: Cassandra Ravassa

Andy couldn't help but purse his lips thoughtfully, considering Quentin's response for a moment as Anna scolded him in, based on the anger and speed with which she seeemed to be verbally lashing him, what he assumed was her first language. He didn't grasp a word of it, but her body language and volume said it all.

He curled and unfurled his fingers lightly before finally pulling his eyes away from his feet and giving Quentin a proper look.

"You said you've seen two Chansey and a Gyarados today, and you don't want any of them?"

Andy could scarcely believe his fellow student had even seen two of the Pokemon, let alone chosen not to try and capture at least one, though he supposed his goal was niche enough that his peers may well be interested in other catches, regardless of how rare a Chansey was.

He pushed himself away from the tree he'd settled under, clasping Quentin on the shoulder. He locked his deadly serious gaze with Quentin's, more out of habit than intentionally.
" 'Spose I'm interested in knowing where you spotted them, you think you can find your way back? I'd owe you one in a major way, mate. And if I'm honest, I don't think she likes me much as company all on my own," he half-joked, gesturing his head slightly in Anna's direction.

(Verbally abusing him in Paldean lol)

Anna stopped pacing and looked at Andy, seeming less angry now that she blew off some steam. "Hey amigo, I know I got a little hot under the collar, but you don't have to ditch me over some disagreement." She held out her hand to shake. "Truce? I promise that this maybe won't happen again," she said with a hint of mischief.

Quentin thought for a bit. Sure, they were rare, but Chansey was weak, and Gyarados is crippled by electricity. They just weren't cut out for battling.

"Well, uh, they're not too good in battle, but uh, I could see why you'd like one.." He replied, "But here, let me show you.."

Then, Quentin took Andy to where he had last seen the pair of Chanseys. There was a toppled tree splitting it in two.

"Knock yourself out." Quentin sighed, gesturing to it.

Right. 'Spose I'll just stake out here.

Andy nodded to himself, a determined gesture, as if to bolster his resolve and reset his focus. He'd let one slip away, but he rarely allowed that to happen twice.

He was grateful to Quentin for the assistance, though he had to hold in the urge to roll his eyes when his new companion brought up battle. A fair enough goal, but as ever, there was so much more. Andy didn't press the issue or share his opinion, though.

More for me, anyway.

Even as he tried to get back in the right headspace to continue his hunt, he couldn't ignore Anna approaching him with an outstretched hand.

"Truce?" he asked, a bit annoyed, but more confused. "I'm not... trying to get rid of you." he said, shaking his head as if to refute her read on his behavior.

"You can get as hot as you want, that doesn't bother me, I just... I've got things I want to get done, y'know?" Andy tried to explain, struggling as ever to share his thoughts. He took her hand regardless. "Let's say you help me finish what I started, and I'll owe you one, plus a couple more. I'd just appreciate a little focus. This is important."

Anna returned to her original demeanor. "I guessed so," she replied. "Besides, I already owe you one for Apex here!" She gestured to her belt. Anna wasn't someone to hold bad feelings against someone for long. They had resolved the issue, so there was no reason to be angry about it.

As they approached the fallen tree, Anna looked around for a bit before settling on somewhere to scope it out without being seen by any wild Pokemon. As she found a spot, she accidentally startled a wild Bellsprout, which she quickly threw a Safari Ball at to avoid making too much noise.

Johto Academy-A.png
~Dolan Larch...~
~Pokemon: Rook the Hisui Arcanine, Molly the Furfrou, Godfrey the granbull, Hank the greavard...~
~Contest Hall...~
~interactionds: Merciless Medic Merciless Medic (Davy) SilverFlight SilverFlight (Carter)

Hank turned and hopped around on his hind legs as he heard Davy whistling. He made a bunch of attempts to lick Davy's hand as he reached to pet him. Hank eagerly wagged his tail when Carter petted him. Rolling over, showing his belly, then rolling back over and giving a cheerful bark. Dolan turned to Davy with a grin.

"I think I have a few ideas of what could work for you" Dolan said pointing finger guns at him. He turned to look at Carter.

"And more" Dolan said responding to the seem ripper comment.

"I see, I see... Comfort and style. Naturally of course. The two do fit hand and hand..." Dolan said before walking off to go behind set. He was opening drawers, closing drawers, and pulling out the occasional tool or two. He had a few different types of fabrics out already. A few outfit pieces on a rack nearby. Hank ran over and jumped on the stage, he sat next to Rook who was resting. Dolan sat there organizing the fabrics and sitting the tools neatly nearby on the table. He listened to Davy and Carter talk, then heard Davy ask a question.

"You know it!" Dolan said responding to it.

"Don't you worry your pretty lil head, Davy. A lil curiosity never killed anyone except maybe that one cat but we ain't gonna talk about that one though... I haven't done much performing in school. I've been spending a lot of time here perfecting my tailoring skills more than anything really. Critiquing other coordinators takes a toll on one's schedule. Luckily I still get plenty practice sessions in here and there" Dolan said.

"What about you two? What have you been doing around campus lately? I got some stuff here you can feel free to look at. So what kind of style are we thinking about specifically?" Dolan asked Davy and Carter. He stood up and took a step back after finishing organizing things.

Carter Grey
Team:
Purity
Interacting with: Merciless Medic Merciless Medic ThAtGuY101 ThAtGuY101
Mentions:

Pokemon:

Chase the Flygon

Ozzy the Marrowak

Kass the Leafeon

Kiko the Whimsicott

You can do this Carter, it's just measurements, don't be weird!

Carter's internal monologue was rattling off as he tried his best to ignore it. He was a professional for Pete's sake. He could handle a little proximity.
Something soft was pressed down onto his head. It was the hat Davy wore. Carter looked up, meeting Davy's eyes and promptly blushed and pulled the hat down over his face.
"I forgot something."
Carter turned and walked across the room, pretending to search for something in a rack of clothes while his face cooled.
Ozzy poked his head around the other side of the clothing rack. Even with the bone helmet, Carter saw his unimpressed expression.

"Marrowak maro maro?"
"Of course I'm keeping it together."
Ozzy raised an eyebrow in the moment of silence between them.
"Marowawakwak maro--"
"IknowI'vegotmyheadstuckinarackofballgowns."

Carter took another breath. "Couldn't find it." He said with a shrug as he crossed the room again and went to work, slipping the sewing tape around Davy's bicep first.
He took the reading and did a double take. "Oh, well, that can't be right." He repeated the measure and stared, cleared his throat, and wrote it down, trying not to seem too impressed.

Once Davy had been fitted properly, Carter handed the slip of paper to Dolan.
"Ah you know," Carter answered the casual question with a nonchalant shrug. "I've had this experiment going for a few weeks now, testing grookey's powers and their effect on berries. Davy's volunteered to help with the greenhouse, which is good because they keep messing up the food orders and sending me hundred kilo bags...How about you? Any contests lined up for the students already? Promising new members for your clubs?"

To Davy, being given the choices of what he'd like to wear, carter wondered if he was feeling a little overwhelmed.
"It doesn't really matter what you wear, as long as you feel good in it. It should just be...you. Oh, and maybe good for dancing."
Carter moved away and did a few fancy steps and a slide to finish. "It is a dance after all."

Davy Williams
davy-png.1084710
Location: Costume Department - Contest Hall, Johto Academy, Violet City, Johto
Date: August 15, Tuesday
Interactions: Carter Grey, Dolan Larch
Mentions: N/A
SilverFlight SilverFlight ThAtGuY101 ThAtGuY101
Davy's Pokemon:
Blukberry the Kantonian Tauros
Dillinger the Paldean Combat Tauros
Apollo the Paldean Blaze Tauros
Blue the Paldean Aqua Tauros
Bessy the Miltank
Diana the Bouffalant
Azu the Azurill

I wish I'm on my other computer but we'll just have to not worry about the Pokemon sprites lol

Davy chuckled at Dolan's finger gun pointing, even doing it back because it looked fun. Why wouldn't he do it? He watched Dolan as a way to preoccupy himself with Carter's... Well, attempt at getting away. Was he that flustered again? At least he gave him his hat as a shield. He chuckled as Carter left to recuperate, now feeling a lot more in tune with everyone's emotions as there weren't too many people around. Dolan's... Eccentricities - as he was going to call it - were pretty entertaining and it helped erase some of the awkwardness that tended to crop up and linger due to Carter's flustered state and Davy's embarrassed one. Hearing out that Dolan was more interested in tailoring for right now, he nodded. "Makes sense. Need to branch out to other pieces of your craft to be even better."

As Carter wrapped the measuring tool around his bicep, he flexed slightly just to toy with him, then relaxed on the second go around because it was funny.

When asked about what he did on campus, he let Carter speak first, humming a little tune to himself as he felt one of his Pokeballs... was empty. He looked around in a twirling whirl, trying to hide his concern the best he could. Where was that little baby now?

Once Carter was finished, Davy spoke while he was preoccupied. "Yeah, the hundred kilo bags were uh... Almost funny, but really concerning. Carter nearly threw his back out and fell off the ladder." He chuckled a little. "Anyway, uh, studying. Making sure my Azurill doesn't do something she shouldn't." As he said that, the little Houdini that was the Azurill leapt out with an excited squeal out of a rack of clothes, bounced on Davy's shoulder and hopped on the table, giggling until she fell off her ball tail and was rolling around on her back. Sighing, Davy walked over and scooped her up, her body was practically not even wide enough to match the width of his forearm. She stared up at him with baby eyes and he chuckled, a finger coming up to scratch her belly and making her giggle. "I can't stay upset with you for long. If you promise to not get into any trouble, I'll let you stay out, okay?" He tried striking a deal with her, but that didn't mean he was going to let himself relax by not keeping an eye on her. She nodded and cheered, hopping off her ball, then onto Davy's head, getting a "Heyy, haha", and then bounced off to find something.

"Make sure you don't go off where I can't see you." He called out to her, getting a trill in response. She found a funny looking bone Pokemon and went to say hello, looking at his bone club with interest.

Back to Davy, he hummed at the thought of a style. "I don't know. I've always been partial to a more... Country look?" Carter's little slide had his thoughtful expression creep into a huge grin. "Ever square danced, Carter?" There was a light of mischief in his eyes.

Meanwhile, Azu spoke to the Marowak, staring at his bone club. "Hi, I'm Azu! What's that thing? What are you wearing on your head? Can I wear it?"

Oh, that poor sweet thing.

Last edited:
Quentin Windstrom

Mentions: Meatball30 Meatball30 Anakisuto Anakisuto

Current Team:
Excalibur the Doublade
Steelhead the Lairon
Queenie the Seadra
Gyarados (TEMPORARY)

Soon, Quentin found himself wanting to look for more Pokemon.

"Well, uh, I'm gonna get at it, so.. bye. Tell me if you find anything, okay? Also, if you need any help, you can take Gyarados if you want, I don't remember them saying anything about using Pokemon you caught here. I'll be around.

Then, he wandered off into the Safari Zone, until he eventually found an Abra sleeping in the grass. Quentin's excitement spiked. From his knowledge, psychic Pokemon were very useful on and off the battlefield. Crouching down to avoid detection, he stalked the Abra, his heart racing.

"Okay.. here. It. Goes!" He exclaimed, throwing a ball at it. The Safari Ball sailed through the air, right past the Abra. It woke up, saw Quentin, and teleported away.

"Dammit!" He shouted, his eyes flaring. "I'll get you, y'hear?! I'll get you!" Then, he saw it again, hiding. Instead of using a ball right away, he tossed some bait next to it, which levitated for a bit as the Pokemon used its psychic powers to bring it closer. Now was his chance. He readied another Safari Ball, this time taking aim more carefully. It zoomed towards the Abra, sucking it into the ball.

It shook once,

twice,

It was caught! Quentin dashed to pick up the ball, holding it close. "Yes! Yes! I told you I'd get you! The others are gonna be so excited!!"

Carter Grey
Team:
Purity
Interacting with: Merciless Medic Merciless Medic
Mentions:

Pokemon:

Chase the Flygon

Ozzy the Marrowak

Kass the Leafeon

Kiko the Whimsicott

"Haha, yeah." Carter rubbed the back of his head when he remembered the ladder incident. It brought more colour to his cheeks.
Watching the large, muscular Davy interact with his tiny azuril was a tender sight. Carter didn't realize that he was wearing the dopiest, smitten smile while watching them.

Davy suggested a country look. Of course. He did look fantastic in the costume he had tried moments before.
"What about this?" Carter thumbed the rim of the cowboy hat, which still sat on his messy hair.

Then Davy asked about dancing. Square dancing.
"Wait, that's a real thing?" Carter asked seriously. "Um, no, honestly I thought it was one of those made-up culture things for movies...you-know?"
Carter caught the light in his eyes. "But any dance you got I'm game to learn. Haven't met a step yet I couldn't crush."

This was Carter's territory. If it was a dance, he could do it. He was sure.

Meanwhile Ozzy looked down at the tiny pokemon.
"My gosh you're cute."
He lowered his bone club for Azu to inspect. "Ozzy. This is my club, nah, the helmet doesn't like to come off buuut..." Ozzy vanished into th costume racks and came out with a replica of a cubone helmet.
"Try this one." Ozzy offered it to her gently, knowing full well it was much too big. At least it looked light, made of paper mache or something.

The minutes melted by at an excruciating pace after Quentin departed to pursue his own catches.

Andy had appreciated the offer to claim the Gyarados he'd saved the trio from, but chose to decline - the thing had scared the daylight out of him well enough that he didn't think he ever wanted to see one up close again.

Once again it was just he and Anna, who had quickly come down from her earlier fury, fortunately. Much like before, he'd taken up his post behind a thin bramble of branches that was attempting to pass for an oran berry bush near the fallen tree that marked the clearing Quentin pointed them to.. Its leaves were wilting, its limbs much the same, and there were only a few withered berries left besides. It looked as though the passing Pokemon had picked this particular shrub clean over time.

The bottoms of his immaculately clean yellow uniform were now caked with dirt from wide swaths of the Safari Zone, the knees especially, given the amount of time he'd spent in positions just like this, kneeling in wait. Typically it would've bothered him - he preferred his dorm room, his uniform, his notebooks, and everything besides to be as tidy as possible. Now, though, tunnel vision was setting in.

For the most part, at least. His Paldean companion was somewhat distracting from his overall aim. Andy wasn't certain if it was a pang of guilt for setting her off like he'd done. Maybe he was reaping some bad karma on his hunt today for being a bit... abrasive, as was his nature. Cricket usually helped him temper his harsher edges.

As did his parents. It had been, by his count, over two years since he'd seen them now, or visited Galar at all. He knew they were still working their fingers to the bone, uncomplaining like always. It bothered him more and more as he aged.

His father, he knew from pictures his parents sent every now and then of hijinx back home, was beginning to grey. No matter how much the broad-shouldered mountain of a man insisted he could swing a pick until he was on death's door, Andy knew years of that type of labor were taking their toll on his father's body. He also knew that was partially what motivated his mother to pick up a few odd jobs here and there, and to start saving cash for a Pokemon to help earn extra money around the home.

That made him feel guilty, too, in a strange way. He knew it wasn't his fault, but the frustration that boiled over today, and his current failure to catch the one Pokemon that might help him along his chosen path more than any single other, left a knot in his gut and a sullen emptiness in his chest.

Andy shook his head slightly, trying to refocus. He realized he'd been staring blankly out into the clearing, quiet as a crypt. It was uncharacteristic for him, but he opted to break the silence, to draw his mind away from that unappealing train of thought.

"So you've been away from home for awhile then? It didn't sound like you were from Johto," Andy mentioned quietly, addressing Anna but not looking in her direction, keeping his gaze fixed on the area ahead. "You ever... get homesick much?"

Mentions: Anakisuto Anakisuto

Vennin Von’Vusso + Buff Biffington

The campus felt rather quiet compared to before with the club fair and many students all over the place. The Celebi project hanging around as long as it did with their white van. But now with some students and staff heading off in a plane to the safari zone for a fun trip and opportunity to catch some new Pokémon. Vennin saw his opportunity to get a good workout in before things became too crowded and campus business stirred up again while figuring he had plenty of time before any homecoming dance or other big local school events occurred. No, now was the opportune time to work….

While he was never the biggest and thickest of men or young men nor the tallest. Vennin was a stronger then he looks sort with incredible stamina and endurance from constant and routine exercises with his Pokémon, well…. Breè, mostly…. But workouts nonetheless. Vennin knew which of pokemon were built for what kinda of training and workouts and what they weren’t made or up to doing and he wasn’t about to force the issue as that would solve nothing nor accomplish. So having gone to his dorm room and changed into his workout gear with a hood worn over his head while ear buds were placed and turned up with his workout playlist on play. A nod and glance to Breè before heading out with his team of Pokémon besides Breè remained in their Pokeballs and attached securely to the belt sash he wore diagonally across his body from shoulder to waist and water bottle strapped to his side on the right leg near the knee and just above.

Heading out with Breè at his side as per usual from the dorms to the campus grounds. Ignoring the light and performing his final stretches, the elder student of Johto Academy and its strike dorm, entered into a light jog that soon turned up the pace into a swift run, darting forward with his music turned up and energy starting off at the heights of his ceiling racing towards the fields and trees with Breè keeping stride as they passed the lake and began hitting sections of fields and trees where they began inserting entry levels of parkour that only entered greater difficulties and more advanced techniques as they went including grips onto branches and swinging forward with soft but firm landings that turned back into full strides and return to more parkour as they continued forward, the pair making use of every thing they could and turning the entire campus into their personal gym.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile back at the campus gym also fully changed into some common and work gear for workouts was one Buffward Biffington of Ignite dorm. A tall and buff fella that never missed a opportunity to workout and lifting weights was at the very core of his training and while his Pokémon often joined him, it was different this time…. A single earbud in his ear with a very different kind of playlist being played while the older student was clanging and banging away with extraordinarily high numbers being lifted up and down in repeated motions wasting no time at all while the effort was seemingly near effortless for him at this stage. Never the quietest of folk, Buff engaged into a mixture of bursting out into singing along to ‘Eye of the Tiger’ then loudly adding some self motivation with bursts of passionate yelling to himself to step it up, don’t stop now don’t even think it amongst other far more aggressive pushing or to Buff just passionate encouragement while ending each brand of ‘Encouragement’ with a “OH YEAH!!!!” While continuing to clang and bang away at the campus gym.

Anna shrugged, not meeting Andy's gaze either. "I don't," she replied softly. "I never felt homesick because I didn't really have a home. I just camped out wherever I decided to stop for the night." She turned to face Andy. "My familia wasn't too keen on me being a competitive battler, and they openly expressed how they felt about it, so I moved out." Anna's eyes moistened a little at the memory. "But all that is behind me now, and I'm free to pave my own path in the world."

Alright, wrong topic.

Andy had briefly glanced Anna's direction when she started speaking, but quickly averted his gaze when he saw the answer made her emotional. He felt guiltier than he did before, he realized. Should probably just keep my yap shut in the future, yeah?

He let the silence linger for a moment before responding. Andy swore he heard a faint music carrying on the breeze from elsewhere in the Safari Zone, a singing he didn't immediately recognize. He couldn't help but stifle a yawn as the tune drifted by.

"I'm sorry 'bout that all," he finally said. "I can't start to think what that must be like. 'Spose I'm lucky to have the folks I've got, they're kind of who I'm doing all this for. Don't think mum ever told me no to anything I put forward to her. Maybe would've turned out a little better if she had," Andy joked.

He let his focus waver for a moment, leaning backwards with his hands supporting him, stretching his aching legs after spending entirely too much time crouched and ready to pounce on the Chansey that allegedly wandered around the area.

"You must be some kind of battler though," he mused, an attempt at a compliment to offset his sensitive questioning. "To get into the academy despite all that, I mean. Dad was always big into battling, and watching it, though I never got too big on it. We were actually in Wyndon Stadium, the day that trainer rolled in a gave Leon his send off. D'you have any badges yourself?"

Mentions: Anakisuto Anakisuto

Current Team
CsT0t6t.png
JrA3SnY.png
gVHZc3H.png

Psion - Klefki | Axel - Piplup | Egg
Interactions:

FMipD58.png
A bored and half-hearted hum can be heard in the depth of the Johto Safari Zone, Altair hopped around a few scatter rocks in the mountainous area as he looked around. Of course he signed up for the safari zone trip, anything to get out of that stuffy school ground and into the real world. The boy gazed around the area looking for the Pokemon that meandered around in the wilderness.

"Alright Psi-" He said instinctively before realizing that the usual jingling metallic sound wasn't constantly behind him, there was only the mountain winds quietly whistling about. "...Oh yeah, right right. Whatever." Altair muttered, it was kind of strange, not having his pokemon by his side, he always had Psion the Klefki, as annoying as he could be. "Whateve, I'll just handle this alone." The boy said to himself again before jumping off of the rock and beginning to search for a suitable wild Pokemon to challenge.

There were a few little creatures scurrying around, but Altair had a particular style of Pokemon in mind. He wandered around and eventually towards what seemed like a cave with some pools of water within. The light was rather dim, making the pools seem deceptively deep. "Hello?" Altair called out into the dim cave, fully knowing that no one would respond and kind of hoping he still had his own Pokemon. Not that he was scared or anything, it would just be more convenient to light up the path with a move like mirror shot. His voice echoed a bit throughout the cave, but soon faded into nothing.

"Hmm..." Altair tried to look around in the cave a bit more, the water rippled as some small Pokemon ran around and kicked some stone into the pool. There was the sound of shifting metal in Altair's ear. "Psi, not now-" Just as he was about to assume it was his own Pokemon that made the metal scraping sound, Altair remembered that he didn't have them with him, and just in time too as a dull rumble began to shake the cave's ground. The sound grew louder along with the swishing of water, until a massive shadow raised from the pool in the cave's depth. The water was that deep after all.

From the pool a massive metallic construct rose up, covered in thick layers of algae and rusted chains. ...That's...Dhelmise? But there was no time to observe or think, as the shadowy figure let out a ghastly wail while it winded up the massive chains curled around its body.

"Shhhh-it Nope nope nope nope nope-" Altair quickly backed up and scurried back to near the entrance of the cave, a massive shape that revealed itself to be an anchor crashed into the cave wall near by, leaving a crack and cloud of granite behind as the boy rolled back and out of the cave. Altair pulled down his goggles to shield himself from the rust and dust kicked up by the large Pokemon's attack as he flailed himself outside. The Dhelmise didn't seem to let up though, as with another massive tremor the cave's formerly small entrance was opened up as the walls collapsed under the assault of a metal anchor.

"Yes! Yes! That's it!" Bouncing back up, the adrenaline from the experience seems to have excited Altair. This was it, this was the Pokemon he was meant to find out here, it's big, it's ghastly, and it's undeniably awesome. After regaining his composure while the Dhelmise floated out of the cave entrance, Altair tossed a safari ball directly at the steely anchor.

It bounced off. The Dhelmise didn't seem impressed.

Altair stared down the metal creature for a moment before realizing that something like this won't be so easy to catch just like that, but the epiphany was interrupted by the large Pokemon's next wind up attack. The anchor struck a boulder nearby and cracked it, pieces of rock falling around. Altair grabbed a small stone that fell with the debris and chucked it at the large, wild, and certain dangerous Pokemon as he moved back continuously, trying to lure it into a position so he could hit it with a ball again.

"HEYYY!"

"Out of the way everyone!! I'm not responsible for any of youuuu!!"

The boy yelled as he ran around the safari zone, large ghostly anchor in pursuit of him.

Anna nodded, taking out what looked to be a scrapbook. "I do, actually," she replied softly. She opened the book, revealing many pictures of herself with different gym leaders from all over the Paldea region with their respective badges pinned to the photos. As Anna turned the page, it revealed more, this time with a young man with long gray hair, and the badges looking homemade rather than the gym badges' manufactured quality. "These are from when I used to go on adventures in Paldea," she said ruefully. "And this is my old friend Arven." She pointed to the boy in the latter photos.

When Anna heard something coming from the brush, she immediately froze in place. "Did you hear that?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back