• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Johto Academy RP

Characters
Here
Joss Vanberg- 3rd Year Purity
45ED8637-1BE9-4572-8729-291F89EA3FBB.png
[__________________]

The plane trip was rather smooth enough for Joss. It wasn’t like he had much experience with planes and how they are normally expected to go during takeoff, flight and landing. But all things considered it was seemingly just fine as far as the young Musician/Surfer was concerned and could tell without any prior knowledge or experience to lean on for support. Meanwhile as other students and Professor Anthony stepped off the plane and Joss casually went about his business while following them off the plane, at his own pace and almost sleepish expression as he let out a yawn as Anthony spoke on the rules and details of the trip while only really catching parts of it truth be told. Nonetheless it seemed Joss had captured the important bits regarding no Pokémon battles as your own Pokémon would be required to be left in the care of the Safari Zone staff as you spent the next few hours with free pokeballs to throw and attempt to catch some new Pokémon. A rather nice trip idea and fair enough.

Joss minding the rules he had heard before walked about the place heading toward the check in area and entrusting his three pokeballs with his Wooper, Swinub and Spheal inside to the staffer. It was highly unlikely these staffers were using this as a rouse to steal others Pokémon for their safari zone, right? Yeah that was too unlikely and very much a poor business plan not to mention other downfalls with such a practice. Meanwhile taking the free twenty balls and heading off into the safari aimlessly drifting about the zone, assuming all the other students and professors were doing the same but in his sleepish and half paying attention state who knows for sure. Casually drifting with his shoulder bag and guitar still in tow. The teenage trainer rather used to drifting and finding himself in all sorts of random scenarios and situations of all kinds, dangers included, continued down a tree covered path with a lovely little stream flowing quietly downstream or maybe up? Poor Joss wasn’t really noticing one way or the other in truth especially in his state after the flight.

“*Yawn* ….. Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen….” Joss yawned in outstretched arms leaving his pockets and reaching out, high into the air as he randomly sang the beginning of a tune. The light blue eyes peering out in wide but tired gaze curious about his surroundings and what he may find along the way in wandering this safari zone during his stay here. While it was odd not to have his beloved trio and pals with him during this field trip journey in the safari, rules were rules and surely he couldn’t find himself in too much trouble, right? If so, he supposed he’d be fine after all life happens and it was nothing new to him really. Meanwhile hopefully the rest of the group was having some fun of their own and the professors and chaperones were doing fine as well.

It was truly going to be a nice adventure that much was certain and who knows…. Maybe Joss would come away with some new Pokémon pals in the process.

Hecotoro Hecotoro Merciless Medic Merciless Medic SilverFlight SilverFlight

Suddenly, Mic Check bounced over to Joss. "Tuuufff!" it exclaimed in a shrill voice. Another voice could be heard farther away from the balloon Pokemon. "Hey! You're not supposed to be over there!" It was a young woman's voice, and she seemed pretty annoyed. "Mic Check! Get away from the Safari Zone!"

The Pokemon didn't appear to hear Anna as it ran over to meet Joss. It tried to give him a soft and cuddly hug. "Wiggly," is said contentedly. Mic Check looked up at him, expecting some kind of greeting.

Joss Vanberg~ 3rd Year Purity
E2602EBD-64B8-4243-95BA-563B4CCE8A4A.png

Joss had been wandering down the stream lined path of trees, patches of dirt and green grass of the wild. Arms restful now behind his beanie adorned head slowly intending to quit yawning as that could only lead to a tempting nap and bring unnecessary troubles later. Besides, he wanted to explore this safari and make it a worthwhile adventure while he was here. Meanwhile his thoughts clear and only a tune singing aloud to what he assumed was himself as he hadn’t paid much attention since getting off the plane and lazily, sleepishly, half listening to the rules and dropping off his Pokémon with the staffers of the establishment. But that appeared to not be the case as the young trainer noticed a wigglytuff bounce over to him and announce themselves rather to his own surprise. “Yo!” Joss responded kindly in his state before noticing another presence that let him know almost right away this wasn’t a wild Pokémon of the safari after all. A woman appeared after her wigglytuff giving it a hug and seemingly annoyed at one point when calling out after the Pokémon. “Bonded pair, hey? Cool, You didn’t seem like a wild type.” He added softly

“Joss is the name, if you got curious I mean.” The boy chuckled with a small smile at the Pokémon. The name was rather cool seeming and maybe fitting given the Pokémon that carried the nickname. Meanwhile he took a quick gaze over his shoulder to see how far beyond the entrance he had gotten while he was able. “So, like…. You must be a student too or another trainer outside of the academy on the same kind of trip?” Joss spoke looking towards Anna and Mic Check.​

( Gonna play this off like a time skip, also edited for a little oopsie I made. )

Anna nodded, panting a little. "I guess... you could say that," she replied. "I'm kinda new to the Academy and all. Only managed to break one rule on my first day." She laughed at that. Anna looked around. "I've never been to a Safari Zone before. This place is pretty cool," She winked and took out a small pamphlet emblazoned with the logo of the Safari Zone. "I guess I'll try my best here." She took out a few chunks of bait and a few Safari balls. "This could be fun!" She followed Joss into the grass and started her search for a wild Pokemon.

Last edited:
[Andy Watts - Team Strike - The Safari Zone]

20 tosses or 2 hours.

It seemed like such an impossibly short time to really take advantage of the opportunity they were being handed, but it was all he could think about during the entirety of the plane ride. That brief couple of hours to get the most out of their trip.

He knew well before the day had arrived what his goal was. For as long as he could remember, he snuck out to the Wild Area for what few hours he could spare when he was younger, hoping to catch just a glimpse of a Chansey. His weekends were spent slogging through the grassy shores of the Motostoke riverbank, losing his footing as he trudged through the Stony Wilderness, or trying to gather the courage to cross the Lake of Outrage. That latter, of course, he'd never dared to try, not like the more foolish or truly talented Galarian trainers were able to.

He hated how cliche and obvious it seemed, but it was such a perfect partner. There wasn't a hospital in Galar, hell, maybe not in the world, that would deny just how iconic and useful Chansey was to their craft. Their rarity made them all the more valuable.

In the days leading up to their trip across Johto, Andy had pored over all the information he could find about the Wild Area, which Pokemon he might run into, where to find specific species. Despite the hours he put in, there was precious little to be said about Chansey. He knew in vague terms they apparently preferred to hang around open spaces, but that was hardly helpful.

For most of the plane ride he'd kept his earbuds in to drown out some of the more obnoxious conversations around him, and importantly, to lock himself in mentally.

When the group was led to the front gate of the Safari Zone, Andy exhaled and took the first ball from his belt, allowing it to open gently. Cricket emerged, softly flapping its wings and greeting him with its familiar, squeaky cry.

"You know what to do, mate," Andy said. The slightest traces of a smile tugged at the edge of his lips as he patted his oldest friend, running his hand across the Pokemon's fluffy body. "Be civil for these folks 'til I get back, yeah? And make sure Agatha does the same, the old bat."

Cricket seemed to regard him with a slightly offput stare.

"Meaning no offense! Don't get so emotional," Andy laughed, recalling Cricket into his ball and handing off his team to the Safari Zone staff.

He eventually followed his classmates and chaperones into the gates, raking their surroundings with an intense gaze.

"It's really not so much compared to the Wild Area," he remarked to no one in particular. " 'Slike comparing the playground pitch to Wyndon Stadium... maybe this won't be so tough after all."

Meatball30 Meatball30

Anna carefully walked through the tall grass, making sure as to not startle any wild Pokemon. After a few minutes, she saw one she wanted to catch: a Gible roaming around a Wasteland-y area of the park. She tossed down some bait and waited for it to come closer. After a minute or so, it sniffed the bait and inched closer to where she was hiding. She slowly began to rise out of the grass, Safari Ball in hand.

Before she could throw the ball, someone's footsteps spooked the Gible, causing it to run away. "Dammit!" she exclaimed, looking for the person who had ruined her catch. The first person she had seen was Andy, so she decided that he was gonna get it. "Hey, you! The one who has to be as noisy as a Loudred! You made me lose it!" Anna pointed an accusing finger at him.

As soon as students and chaperones began to disperse across the Safari Zone's myriad environments, Andy had started his beeline to the most open environment he could find - the meadows.

It was serene. Wandering through the tall grass slowly, Andy let his left hand droop at his side and brush through the surprisingly smooth blades as they waved gently, taking in their texture and the clean air while his right hand kept a tight grip on the first of his Safari Balls.

Despite the beauty of the place, he couldn't help but feel a welling disappointment as minutes ticked by without a single Chansey spotted. A Sunkern here, a Hoppip there. In a distant bush, once, he'd caught sight of a flash of pink moving between the branches, which set his heart to racing. It had only been a Jigglypuff, though - rare enough on its own, to be sure, but he couldn't afford to spend time on the catch.

Eventually he'd found himself meandering toward a more barren area, not quite so lush but also fairly described as an "open space" like he'd seen in his research on where Chansey lurked.

He didn't see the Gible running in the opposite direction before he crested a small ridge, though. And soon enough a shrill voice spoke up and seemed none too pleased with his intrusion.

You made me lose it!"

Andy frowned, locking eyes with the red-haired woman scolding him.

"I 'made you lose it,' is it?" he shot back. Andy gestured with his free hand to the bait lying on the ground. "You had the lad baited and in sight, were you waiting for a bloody invitation? You have to throw the balls they gave us, sweetheart."

Anna rolled her eyes. "Please, spare me the condescension," she replied snarkily. "It's not like I spend all my free time here." She tossed her hair over her shoulder. "I have much better things to be doing than this. I was required to come here for some 'learning experience' or whatever." She didn't appear to be as mad at him as she seemed, being more mad at herself than anything. "The least you could do is help me out with this stupid Gible." Anna carefully tried following where the little dragon Pokemon had gone as to get another shot at catching it. She mumbled atrocities to herself that only she could hear.

"You coming or not?"

"You coming or not?"

It wasn't a question he'd been prepared to hear, given his initial response. In truth, he was hoping she'd have taken off the other way.

To be fair, he had spooked the little bugger away, if unintentionally. He didn't suppose he'd be tickled if she'd done the same for his sought-after Chansey.

Andy wished he'd brought a watch or something with him, having left his phone outside the Safari Zone, fearing any noise or vibration might give away his position to a Pokemon or startle it. He could feel the minutes melting away, but wasn't sure how much time he still had.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, a few strands falling loosely across his forehead, slick with sweat from his long hike thus far.

"Fine. But I expect you to keep your eyes peeled too, when I help you catch this thing," Andy emphasized. "I'm looking for a Chansey. Two heads are better than one, yeah?"

He fell in beside his new companion, keeping pace with her while still scanning their environment. He made it a point to speak more softly.

"I'm Andy, forgot to mention," he said, more as a formality than with any particular warmth. "Your parents name you?"

Meatball30 Meatball30

Anna inaudibly huffed laughter. "Yeah. I'm Anna," she replied, focused on finding the Gible or a Chansey. "Nice to meet ya." As they kept walking, they kept stopping when they saw brief glimpses of pink or light blue. After a few minutes, they saw what they were looking for. The Gible was on the right, and a Chansey was on the left. Anna grinned victoriously and threw some bait at the Gible without seeing what Andy was doing. The Gible munched on the food for a while and seemed to be uneasy in Anna's presence.

The Pokemon prepared to bolt, but she threw the Safari Ball with practiced precision. The ball shook once, twice, thrice, and then went still. "Yes!" she whispered. Anna looked back at Andy to see how he was doing with the Chansey.

He could feel his heart leaping out of his chest.

The new girl, Anna, had slinked off just out of his peripheral vision to take a second crack at the Gible that eluded her earlier, but he barely registered that she'd done so.

Andy knelt behind a thick shrub, peeking out between the branches, squinting to get a better look at the pink Pokemon just on the other side. The creature was dawdling about lazily, a dreamy smile on its face, occasionally fussing with the egg in its pouch. A light breeze blew through the area, and though he didn't hear it over his heartbeat, Andy felt his hair wave in sync with the short growths on either side of the Chansey's head.

Right. You're mine, mate. 19 years in the making.

He knew he only had a single shot at this, most likely. Every bit of research he'd managed to read about Chansey made note of just how bloody quick they were, unbelievably so for something so... plump and stubby.

Andy simultaneously leapt forward through the shrub's branches and tossed a safari ball at the Pokemon. In his excitement he stumbled a bit and fell to the ground, but a dull thunk confirmed that he'd hit the mark before he managed to look back up at where the Chansey had been standing.

Now lying on his belly in the dirt, Andy didn't move an inch as the ball rocked back and forth in the grass. It rocked and flashed once, then a pause.

Andy pushed himself to one knee, grasping a pair of safari balls, one in each hand.

The ball in front of him burst in half, a blinding light releasing a blur of pink speed.

"Get back here, you bastard!" Andy shouted, launching the ball in his right hand first, then the left, leaping to his feet as they sailed through the air.

Neither of them struck true, though. The Pokedex hadn't been lying, either - Chansey was gone before he could toss another.

"Shit, shit!" he cursed, looking down at one half of the safari ball that Chansey had burst out of, now resting at his feet. He'd been lucky enough to find one, a feat in itself, he refused to let it escape.

He turned, looking for Anna. He spotted her back where he'd begun his assault, seemingly celebrating a catch.

Andy jogged over, speaking quickly. "Do you know how much time we've got?" he asked, urgency written across his face.

Last edited:
Anna hurriedly checked her watch. "Around six minutes," she replied. "Did you catch the Chansey?"

"Did you catch the Chansey?"

The combination of Anna's question and her response to his own hit him like a truck, and it almost seemed like he'd snap.

"Does it look...?" he started, before stopping himself. A deep crease set itself in his brow as he picked up one of the broken halves of the safari ball, showing it to her silently.

Anna's look of triumph faltered a little. "Oh, shoot. We've gotta find that Chansey before our time's up!"

Anna quietly raced through the Safari Zone, looking for any sign of the rare Pokemon.

Andy felt a cold sweat break across his right palm as it gripped the safari ball furiously.

"Mate, you're not going to catch the thing," he called ahead to his companion sharply, who'd shot off after the Chansey. "I don't know if you noticed but it's a sight faster than either of us, you're probably just scaring off the others. Slow down a bit."

He spoke more harshly than he'd intended, but it wasn't entirely untrue to his mood. He hadn't stumbled on the Pokemon by zipping through the Safari Zone in a straight line like a Tauros with blinders on, and Anna wasn't helping his case to somehow find another Chansey. Seeing two of the things might just make him one of the luckiest people on the planet.

Not that he didn't appreciate her effort, he supposed.

Andy tightened his grip on the ball he held, anxiously scanning the nearby foliage.

"You know you owe me one for helping track your catch back down, too," he mentioned, sighing. "Have you wanted that Gible for a bit? That's an ace of a creature, you must be wanting to go into battles, yeah?"

He typically wasn't one to make idle conversation, but saying nothing seemed to make the rising fear in his chest all the worse.

Anna nodded, still fixated on finding the Chansey for Andy. "Chonkers really isn't pulling his weight like it used to," she said, seeming a little sad. "It was the first Pokemon I've ever caught, and it feels a little sad to see it go." She seemed lost in the nostalgia of her early adventures, when she didn't care about battling and just having Pokemon she thought were cute, Mic Check being a testament to that.

She held up the Pokeball with the Gible inside. "Your name's gonna be Apex," she said without really thinking about it. After all, Garchomp was arguably one of the most powerful non-Legendary Pokemon out there. But, she'd miss not having Chonkers on her team. Maybe Anna was overthinking this a little bit too much. She'd still be able to play and hang out with it, she just couldn't use it in battles.

Anna sighed. She'd made up her mind, and it wasn't that easy of a decision, but it had to be made.

He considered what she'd said for a moment. Andy hadn't caught his first Pokemon on his own. Despite the circumstances, that didn't make his bond with Cricket any weaker.

The decision Anna was faced with was one of many reasons Andy was glad he didn't want to pursue battling as seriously as many of his peers. He wasn't sure if he could ever make the decision to bench Cricket during those important parts of his life. Even if it didn't necessarily mean getting rid of the little guy altogether, it wouldn't feel right to not have him there for as important a moment as a first badge, or a championship.

"I think it's admirable," Andy decided. "Not to let that attachment necessarily affect your judgement, I mean. Shows you've got focus. Know what your goal is, y'know? It's easy to let other things... muck up your vision."

Davy WilliamsDavy.png
Date: August 15, Tuesday
Interactions: Carter Grey, Dolan Larch
Mentions: N/A
SilverFlight SilverFlight ThAtGuY101 ThAtGuY101
Davy’s Pokémon:
Davy Tauros.png Blukberry the Kantonian Tauros
Davy Combat Tauros.png Dillinger the Paldean Combat Tauros
Davy Blaze Tauros.png Apollo the Paldean Blaze Tauros
Davy Aqua Tauros.png Blue the Paldean Aqua Tauros
Davy Miltank.png Bessy the Miltank
Davy Bouffalant.png Diana the Bouffalant
Davy Azurill.png Azu the Azurill

It really made him feel good that he can just make Carter this happy. Could he do this every day? Seeing him look so shy, yet pleased to know he looked good in a fedora had him rather amused, and he noticed the expression he held as he played a song. Even his Marowak was playing alongside him and he found himself enjoying it way more than if he hadn’t.

He raised an eyebrow at Carter’s swooning, his grin creeping bigger and he chuckled as it was rather adorable. That’s when he said it was a game of competition and he tilted his head in confusion. “A game? I don’t recall there being a competition.” He looked off into the sky to remember if there was, but Carter’s next question had him going back to his past. He smiled and sighed fondly, eyes going somewhere else against the ceiling of the costume department.

“When I was in Almia, it’s rather rural there. Not very many cities. Guitars were quite common though, that and banjos and ukuleles. So there were a lot of folk and country songs happening. But when I realized there were other places who practiced country songs, I absolutely fell in love and wanted to be like them. I also found that Pokémon really liked songs and some even do better battling or training to songs, like Ludicolo and Maractus, so I wanted to learn how to sing and play something so they had something to dance, relax, and train to.” His cheeks then turned red and he looked away, a sheepish smile forming. “I uh… I think you’re the only person who’s heard me sing like that…”

That’s when Dolan appeared. Their fun time alone together was sadly gone, but that didn’t mean the fun had to end there. Now, Davy can get into something that wasn’t some stereotypical cowboy rancher wear. Although, he did like these chaps, and this vest and hat.

Looking down at the Greavard, he crouched low and whistled to get the dog's attention, holding out his hand for the puppy to sniff him before he went in to pet him. "Hey, Dolan, Hank." He chuckled at Dolan's flair though, shaking his head. "Nice entrance."

He then moved onto the subject of why they were here. "Besides having fun, I'd like to get dressed in something... Well, I guess thematically appropriate for scho-, er, homecoming." He chuckled, still seemingly troubled in getting homecoming as a word right.

Noah WileyPJ Casual Noah.jpg
Date: August 16, Wednesday
Interactions: G, Elliot Harrow
Mentions: Joss Vanberg, Andy Watts, Anna Keys
SilverFlight SilverFlight Hecotoro Hecotoro The Silent Z The Silent Z Meatball30 Meatball30 Anakisuto Anakisuto
Noah’s Pokémon:
Noah Vulpix.png Tails the Kantonian Vulpix
Noah Rotom.png Siri the Rotom
Noah Porygon.png Poly the Porygon
Noah Helioptile.png Whipper-Zapper the Helioptile

He didn’t tell G these stories, and he chuckled sheepishly before passing out, saying a “no” to Elliot before doing so.

It didn’t take long, but the plane ride ended and he woke up with a start as G yelled at him. It was close to his ear and he jolted awake, then winced as he yawned and stretched his arms up. “Wh-what?” He didn’t realize what was wrong until G had stormed off in a rush. Raising an eyebrow, he looked at Elliot with some confusion before getting up to follow, slinging his backpack right over his shoulder. He noticed a few people he recognized and didn’t recognize, of which was Joss. Making sure Elliot was close by, he found G in the crowd and stopped beside her. “Hey, wha’s wrong? Did I do somethin’ inappropriate in my sleep?” He asked a bit glumly. While it didn’t happen too often, he sometimes did have some… Interesting dreams.

Hearing they couldn’t bring any of their Pokémon, he looked back at G. “I’ll stay with ya while we’re in there. I wish I could bring Tails out, but we have ta give our Pokémon to the staff.” He looked at Elliot, a sort of grimace on his face. “Yo, ya alright with leavin’ Dewey with ‘em for a bit?” He asked, knowing that Elliot had to go in there without his Sobble and, honestly? He didn’t want either of them to freak out about it.

He waited for the two to gather their bearings and come with him to deposit their Pokémon and get their Safari Balls.

( I thought the time was a lot shorter than two hours, so I'm guessing they probably have 1.5 hours left )

Anna looked up at Andy. "It really blows when you've got more than one goal," she said, still lost in memory. "Sometimes, it feels like I'm sacrificing my friends for something more useful than them, or I'm using them to get what I want." She sighed and looked up at the sky. "Do you get what I mean?"

Andy felt the beginnings of a wry smile tug at his lips, but it was gone just as soon as it came.

"More than y'might think, sweetheart," he said, remembering exactly what his own parents had cautioned him of before he set off for the academy from Galar. Their warning was eerily similar to the feeling Anna seemed to be wrestling with herself - don't lose sight of your goal, son, but take some time to enjoy your friends too!

"Not that I think it's bad to put what you want ahead of faffing around with the sideline crowd, y'know. Think maybe it's important to have friends who get what you're after and don't mind you doing what you need to get there," Andy mused aloud. "Especially if what you're looking for means something to you."

By then, he'd moved the safari ball from his right hand back into his pocket, feeling a bit deflated and none too sure they'd run across a second Chansey. Occasionally, he nipped at the thumbnail on his left hand, a bad habit of his when he became nervous.

He caught a brief look at a Pidgeott as it lifted off from a nearby tree at the duo's approach, leaving them far behind as it soared away.

"What are you chasing at the academy, anyway?" he asked, curious. "Must be something high on the ladder if you're worried about using the sods around you, or feeling that way anyway."

Anna shrugged. "I honestly don't know," she replied, looking at the elegant bird Pokemon. "I say I'm honing my battling skills, but that's not what I'm really after." She shook her head a little. "Making a few friends would be nice." A twinkle of mischief appeared in her eyes. "I like to look back and see myself grow and change into someone I want to be, but I don't even know who that person is yet."

As they walked further, Anna and Andy walked beside a lake. The water was dead calm and looked great for a kayak ride. She elbowed him in the ribs. "Wanna go for a swim?"

"You mean you got yourself into the academy without knowing what you actually want to do?" Andy scoffed in disbelief. Anna was difficult to get a read on in that regard. "Mum would skin me alive if I told her that."

Her admission she wasn't entirely sure the type of person she wanted to become intrigued him, though he didn't press the line of questioning any further. It seemed such a foreign concept to him, given the clarity he saddled himself with from just about as far back as he could remember. Growing to about this age without knowing his direction would seem terrifying. Maybe he was just lucky to have a real reason for all his effort, or maybe he was just lucky to have enough focus to stay locked into his end goal.

"Wanna go for a swim?"

It wasn't a question he'd come prepared for. He glanced down at her after catching a light elbow in the side, incredulous.

"We hardly came dressed for it, yeah? 'Less you're planning to go for a skinny dip" he pointed out, gesturing lightly to their clothes. " 'Sides, I'm not in the market for a water type, or to get my toes nipped off by a Veluza, god knows what else is in there."

Andy made a point of not mentioning he'd actually never learned to swim in Motostoke. The river there was hardly the type of water he'd want to take a dip in anyway, and in his free time roaming the Wild Area for the same Pokemon he was hunting now, he knew Chansey didn't often spend time near the water, so it kept him well away from the lakes and riverbanks that dotted Galar.

Quentin Windstrom
After the news of a potential trip to the Safari Zone, Quentin's decision to lay low was shattered. He was excited about a potential new team member. So, as soon as sign-ups were open, he was one of the first to sign up.

Now was the day to leave. Instead of dropping his team members off when they landed, Quentin allowed them to stay in his dorm while he was gone, leaving them enough food and a spare key if they wanted to go outside for some fresh air.

The ride there was pretty boring without his Pokemon, he regretted not bringing them. All he could do was read a book on battle theory, play games on his phone, or tune out completely and turn on a podcast. Choosing the book, he was frequently distracted by everyone else, eavesdropping on their conversations.

Finally, when they arrived, Quentin hurriedly got off the airship and bolted into the Safari Zone, materials in hand. He searched for a strong-looking ally, preferably one that could keep up with his existing team.

Eventually, he decided that it would be fun to spend his time trying to make friends, human friends. He walked up to a duo that looked like they were talking about something.

"Hey, have you got room for one more?" He asked.

Mentions: Anakisuto Anakisuto Meatball30 Meatball30

Last edited:
Joss Vanberg~ 3rd Year Purity
0747FDB6-F2E7-4AAA-BCC4-390F93A7BE8D.png

It wasn’t long seemingly into the meeting of the new student that appeared older then himself before they had engaged with another presumed student and went off on their own adventure of sorts. Meanwhile Joss gave a quiet nod and moved along at his own pace, he had ideas of the sort of Pokémon he’d like to see while within the Safari zone limits but alas some likely would require some ingenuity to improvise or prior knowledge to have prompted him to bring along a rod…. Though he could have known about the safari zone trip beforehand and merely forgot, leading to what seemed at the time like a living on a whim and drifting off for the day away from campus yet was really a planned trip he signed up for and forgot about at some point. Either way, he was here and regardless if signed up for it or not or was even eligible for the trip was a non concern for him after all he was here now and had gotten on the plane without anyone stopping him. Nevertheless the Pokémon he had in mind were adding to his team of ice and water types though he was open to other cool pals too. But he did seem to have a natural fondness for ice and water types.

Perhaps it was the chill vibes and love of the open waters and licious waves that played a role in that. Or maybe it was all mere coincidence maybe a combination…. Truth be told Joss wasn’t sure, he just knew things worked out the way they did and it was cool with him. All natural and good times full of various kinds of adventures and happenings. Meanwhile having drifted deeper within the safari zone seemingly off on his own again paying no mind to thoughts or anything like that just simply experiencing the contained Wild as Jossly as one Joss could, a soulful tune began to hum as it provided a bit of music and quieted noise without being too loud and possibly disturbing anyone or any Pokémon in their catching journey or habitat. A supply of pokeballs from the safari staff still in full number and ready to use at any time while a brief thought entered his mind in passing on if their was a limit to how many Pokémon one could catch and keep at this place? Would multiple catches or even a max twenty be allowed?

But the thought soon passed as quickly as it arrived, leaving Joss clear of thought and merely humming that soulful tune while wandering further down the path, turning this way and that, crossing through tall grass, sun peaked trees and a distant sound of water flowing down stream becoming more and more distant. Whether a Barboach could be found within such streams was rather uncertain and perhaps that future whiscash he thought would totally epic to have for a pal would possibly just have to wait til another day. Yet, even while such Pokémon and desired pals to join his squad were a thought and possibility. Another and more unexpected creature stirred within the wilderness, seemingly being drawn towards Joss and the tune he was humming that grew ever soft here and there, causing sudden stopping of all movements from the creature who hid from view as soon as the music went too low or stopped for any reason and bringing Joss to turn his head and look over his shoulder or turn altogether as that feeling of being followed seemed to naturally alert him off and on again. A small yet curious raise of his brow curled up while the other lowered with a dimple curved lip and cheek moved as so rather pondering if he was right and had been followed by someone or thing or was he just in a tired, high state of being on this very plain and time? Rad!

Given a quick thought to draw out this ever curious figure and solve this mystery using the slightest bit of clues and rhythm timing that had been displayed already by the potential creatures own timing in connection to his humming. Joss turned his head away while his eyes kept a side eyed glance for any trace of hints in movement and the like watching the bushes and trees as well as the tall grass closely, while he continued to hum the tune leading to the Pokémon slowly moving forward with side to side movements causing the bushes and grass to stir just enough to make a soft noise and slight swaying and stirred motion to further alert the young trainer he was indeed not alone. A small, very slight of notice smile crossed the trainers features taking note of the rather unique appearance of this creature that appeared rather tall least you him anyways, while noting the seeming curiosity and joyed draw it had towards the tune Joss had been humming.
“A music loving Pokémon? Or a curious fella that likes certain tunes? Sweetness! Totally stoked of finds man….” Joss pondered in thought and figured there was more then one way to catch a Pokémon that didn’t require a rod, a Pokémon of his own to battle with or even bait such as food and other lures that were more commonly used and expected to work such as, the prior mentioned food, aromas and etc.

Slowly turning around with no sudden movements or quick responses, no gestures of motion towards the pokeballs with his either hand. Joss slowly came face to face and eye to eye with this new hopeful friend and Pokémon, rather surprised by the full view appearance of the unique looking Pokémon and it’s height but also digging the vibes of this Pokémon as it seemed to sway and dance to the tune being hummed…. A grass type Pokémon, Joss never saw himself coming across and adding a grass type before especially since his hometown was usually water and ground or rock types while in his travels he’s seen other types he had also mainly ever caught water and ice type Pokémon in his journeys outside of school. But there was a mutual allure if you will that these two seemed to have towards one another…. A curiosity and interest in both beings, it was decided he’d improvise and catch this Pokémon in his own way and leave this safari with atleast one new pal to join his fam…..

Joss noting the Pokémon’s dancing and lure to the music being hummed, slowly moved from the soulful humming to the singing of words to that very song, attempting to continue to distract and entertain the Pokémon while hopefully keep them from running off long enough to capture the lanky grass type Pokémon. Giving a slight knee bend and dance motion of his own in rhythm with the song as he began to sing aloud to the Pokémon……

While certainly perhaps unorthodox and unexpected even to Joss in this particular case. It was a way of improvising and while the Pokémon was at first suspicious and cautious of the young trainer and his motion to face him directly with his back no longer turned and seemingly unaware of the Pokémon like before to the grass types knowledge. It didn’t immediately run either, rather, it was ever more entranced by the song and continued to dance along and slowly move cautiously closer with a wide smile and almost closed gaze as Joss continued to perform and sing aloud yet not too loud to disturb others. While growing more and more drawn to this Pokémon’s vibes and wanting to bring this Pokémon back with him.

Now slowly and carefully moving his right hand down towards a pocket, quietly and slowly reaching for a safari Pokeball…. Joss kept at it, singing to the Pokémon aiming to keep them entranced and distracted while he danced along with them in rhythm to the song. Carefully drawing out a single safari ball from his pocket, Joss smiled a corner grinned smile and continued to perform as just then upon successfully drawing out the safari ball without too much notice if any and moving it further away from his pocket and drawn back and into a throwing motion, tossed forward the Pokeball while continuing to sing and dance along.

A burst of red light shot out as the Pokeball struck against the Pokémon’s head and activated the beam that signaled it was drawing the Pokémon inside the Pokeball itself, before hitting against the ground with a small thud and slight bounce. It continued to wiggle back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, fighting was the Pokémon it seemed as Joss looked on waiting and hoping for the results to come in…….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back