• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Pokemon Heroes: Kanto

FearItself FearItself Since this rp seems like a very medieval setting I was wondering how this’ll effect the Kanto region in its entirety since in the original games it seems to have more of a Japanese aesthetic than European. Though since this is an alternate dimension I’m sure that can be explained away. Sorry if I come off as nitpicky or anything like that. I’m just really, really, interested in this alternate Kanto and all of the possibilities!
Well i was hoping to give it a mediaeval setting. But its more of a fantasy so any and all cultures can be represented. :)

Hmmm... well, do evolution stones still work? Could I turn my Eevee into, say, a Vaporeon?
Yes they do. In fact they serve a purpose even afterwards or even if you dont have an eevee. Elemental stones boost the capacity of the element in question. So a fire pokemon holding an fire stone will have stronger fire moves. That said to evolve there are other conditions that must be met. Your pokemon must be ready to evolve then the stone comes into play.

The list on the 1st page has been updated.

We need a Water type, Fire Type, Grass Type, Electric type, Fighting type, Rock Type, and Bug Type.

This is not mandatory but is preferred that we fill these. I will be putting up the threads for this sometime within the next 12 hours.

ALso, another question! If I read that blurb correctly, it looks like they had trouble with forces coming from Johto over Mt Silver to attack. If I wanted to make a character who came from Johto to Kanto, would that cause any problems?

ALso, another question! If I read that blurb correctly, it looks like they had trouble with forces coming from Johto over Mt Silver to attack. If I wanted to make a character who came from Johto to Kanto, would that cause any problems?
The invaders came ober 500 years ago and travel between the 2 nations is impossible due to mt. Silvers insanely powerful pokemon. So a decendant yes a direct johto denizen no.

Actually i just went over my own lore and was wrong (facepalms.) Johto and Kanto were seperated only 10 years ago by whats called the great pokemon line. Basically a region between johto and Kanto where absurdly powerful pokemon dwell and keep the nations seperate. (Basically a bunch of lv80+ final stage pokemon.)

I’m just full of questions, I’m sorry!
I know this is mostly going to be in Kanto but do they have knowledge of the other regions?
Your fine ask as many ad you like it helps me build the lore.
Limited knowledge of their neighbors yes but the entire world is not mapped out no. Strangely enough the Pokemon knights actually have more knowledge of the legendary pokemon than the modern day professors do. Most of the ancient texts about legendary pokemon were written by them during this era.

If I provide evidence that Magnemite can exist in this era, can it be allowed?

If yes, is it possible to acquire Magnezone down the line? Perhaps an ancient area like Zapdos' pre-power plant hideout to be this region's Mt Coronet?

If I provide evidence that Magnemite can exist in this era, can it be allowed?

If yes, is it possible to acquire Magnezone down the line? Perhaps an ancient area like Zapdos' pre-power plant hideout to be this region's Mt Coronet?
No evidence needed. Magnemite does indeed exist in this era. And yes magnezone is possible in that or a similar situation.

Actually i just went over my own lore and was wrong (facepalms.) Johto and Kanto were seperated only 10 years ago by whats called the great pokemon line. Basically a region between johto and Kanto where absurdly powerful pokemon dwell and keep the nations seperate. (Basically a bunch of lv80+ final stage pokemon.)

Makes me wonder - can weaker Johto Pokemon leak out from this divide to the Kanto side? Seperate from the pack and all. Or does this divide have a no egg-laying policy?

Makes me wonder - can weaker Johto Pokemon leak out from this divide to the Kanto side? Seperate from the pack and all. Or does this divide have a no egg-laying policy?
Neither actually. The divide has 2 halves the kanto facing side of mount silver and beyond is populated by powerful pokemon from kanto whereas the johto facing side is populated by powerful johto pokemon, both of which are extreamly territorial and unnaturally aggressive.

How much does everyone really know about Pokémon? We only know so much in the modern day because of technology and the professors, but the common man doesn’t have that.

How much does everyone really know about Pokémon? We only know so much in the modern day because of technology and the professors, but the common man doesn’t have that.
Well in this day and age they have ancient texts that predate even them. Not to mention the tales and legends. Thats the beauty of mythology there is some truth in it one way or another.

There is plenty of room for everyone but be aware only a small number will become Able to use syncronicity. That said those who do gain that power will need allies. Im specifically looming for a Joy & Jenny for this world if anyone is interested.

For those who cannot use syncronicity dont worry its not a complete wash for you. You guys can choose 2nd stage evolution pokemon as yours (so rather than needing to start as charmander you can start with charmeleon.) And your pokemon do not have a move set number cap so they can learn all of their moves.

What decides who can use syncronicity?
Well after i get the lore i will be handpicking a few characters whose pokemon will need to fill the required roles. Once i get the CS, Lore, and OCC up i will post a request for who wants to fill the role of the synchronicity knights. The first five to respond will get the positions.

So the short answer is me and Time will determine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back