• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: Divine Journey

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
The Delphox noticed his companion was a little shaky and with a nervous look on his face he pointed into a random direction. "I... um. It should be over there, I b-believe. Just head there and it s-should be there." He seemed a little unconfident with his answer. Though maybe it's just because it's how he normally talks? Well... at least he has answered the question his friend was wondering about.

~Rewind to the night before the festival~
The Dewott bowed as the Froslass received the package she had ordered.
Her children all five snorunts peaking out from behind the door as the pokemon berated Tobi for being such a troublemaker.
Tobi took his tongue lashing before apologizing once more before the door shut in his face. Once he was out of eye sight his face formed a scowl as he kicked a lone pebble from the sidewalk
"How was i supposed to know that she wanted the package delivered to the front door?, it was late and the window was open" the pokemon explained to no one in particular trying to excuse himself from any blame as the scene played again in his mind.

The family sitting down for a nice dinner of iapapa berries and fish. The snorunts taking turns telling about their days at school and complaining about the inevitable bath times they would receive.
Suddenly without warning a Dewott bursting through the family area window and crashing into the already set table. Scaring the children and mother as he posed triumphantly package in hand a huge smile on his face which retracted into a dumbfounded look when the yelling began.

The memory muddled back into reality as Tobi scratched his head sheepishly.
"Okay maybe it was a bit over the top"
He replied to himself before bringing both of his furred paws to his whiskered cheeks in an effort to focus himself.

The Gamma member hadnt been one for long and even though his evaluations had given him a C rank he had yet to get a partner and thus was tasked with more simplistic jobs rather than tasks he had joined for.

The dewott passed by the dimly lit cafe as his ears twitched at happy squeals and muffled words of getting accepted or something.
Tobi sighed reluctant to go back to HQ this late, maybe i could get a couple of reps in instead? He thought as his pads instinctively took him toward the training grounds by the Gamma Head quarters.

~This Morning~
Tobi's breath was shallow as he raggedly let air in and breathed it out trying to calm his body. The dewott brought his hands to his chest as water began to form in a spherical orb, his hands then moved to his right hip as he aimed it toward the straw dummy a few meters ahead of him.

The water swirled between his paws first gently and then violently as it rapidly began to form into a torrent still holding its circular shape. Tobi's eyes became serious as he let out an exasperated yell as he shot his paws forward to let the water burst forth toward the target.

The attempt failed as the ball burst in his hands and only a small trickle went forward lightly spritzing the dummy.
The Dewotts face went white with disbelief and embarrassment. He dropped to his his hands and knees exhausted as he shook his head.
"Oh come on, I could have sworn i had it that time!"
He exclaimed before standing and smacking his cheeks once more.
"Right one more go and then sleep!"
He motivated himself as he tried again.

The sun was now higher in the sky as he lay spread out on the ground exhausted and his eyes swirling with lack of sleep and hunger.
The thought of food hit him as his stomach grumbled before he shot up remembering.

"The festival!, oh i hope there is still some breakfast!" he called out as he rushed toward his new home. Upon arriving in the kitchen all the dishes were cleaned and replaced in their cupboards.

The dewott felt crushed as he faux fainted against the table.
"Im gonna starve to death!!" he cried dramatically but then noticed through an open eye a single plate with a couple oran berries sliced beside some buttered toast with a note.

Make sure you eat and start the day off right, and don't forget to head to the festival

Tobi read the note and ate the toast through mockingly tear filled eyes.
The goodra had thought of him once more.
This was more of a routine for the young Dewott, he hardly stayed at the house rather training all hours into the night and coming back ragged just in time to do more work.

After finishing the meal Tobi washed the dish for Galfred not wanting him to do more work and rushed out toward the festival grounds.

The traffic around the grounds was beginning to increase as families were starting to show up and vendors began to accompany their stalls. Tobi was starting to visibly get frustrated with waiting for lights to change so he could get there. Finally he jumped upward landing along the tiling of a house. He smiled to himself for such a great idea as he ran across the roofs of the surrounding houses hopping from one to another turning south to get to the grounds. They were in sight as he jumped off landing graciously into a run as he came through the entrance and skidded to a hard stop by some of the other squad members.

He was tasked with handing out brochures with some others and received yet another lecture for forgetting his own. Yet it was half hearted and soon he was joking with them all telling them about the incident last night as his smile shown true while handing out borrowed fliers to passers by. He couldnt wait for the night time festivities to start as he would be helping with some of the other water pokemon in a riverside waterworks show.
Although it had not been long Tobi felt more at home in Cherryblossom than he had ever at Maru Cove and these small interactions meant more than ever. Something this Dewott never wanted to lose.
Peppermint Patty Peppermint Patty Zorophox Zorophox
Arvios Arvios OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Rapror Augustine Rapror Augustine
Sluggodile Sluggodile DVationz DVationz
(Added the tid bit for Galfred hope thats okay)
(Also if i missed anyone i apologize also im open for interaction :3)

Last edited:
Lila nodded in response to Luden asking if she would join him to look for the culprit, and although she really wasn’t a member of Gamma squad she hung around them enough for a few members to jokingly refer to her as “the only one with the rank of D-“. “Ok let’s get going, and if you really have to get back I might be able to take over for you!” She replied before bounding off towards the river, leaving the gem goblin to follow after her.

(Time skip)​
After what seemed like an endless amount of walking Lila finally found the place she had mentioned earlier. The small branch in the river had a few pieces of metal strewn about in a disorderly fashion with a large amount of broken teeth beside each piece. The Eevee searched for a bit before finding a tooth that was mostly intact before bringing it to Luden. “Hey doesn’t this match the tooth we found earlier?” She asked as a striped grey dorsal fin with what appeared to be a chain hanging from it cruised past the two with Lila unaware of it entirely as she waited for her accomplice to respond.

Arvios Arvios (sorry this took forever to get out I just got done with being sick)

As the morning played out, everything went along relatively smoothly- setup was being done by more than enough Pokemon, and within about an hour, everything had been set- two extremely large tents had been set up, and held within was three humongous tables, as well as a few booths, and in a corner, a little platform with cushy pillows set up as chair for the little ones. Right outside the tents, Pokemon- Gamma squad or not- were playing games and having fun. While Derrick and Euly juggled between running Q and A booths and the story time corner (questions from listeners of both were nearly the same), more fortunate Gamma Squad members that didn’t have to run anything currently hung around idly, some making chitchat with the citizens of the city, others getting themselves something to eat. Riliac himself had been sitting, coiled by the edge of the tent, with his tail sticking out from underneath to absorb some sunlight, discussing with a Seviper he’d just met the daily difficulties of living without legs.

Throughout the afternoon, this went on, with some events changing. By now, it was around four in the afternoon- all Q and A booths were closed up, and the schedule didn’t call for anyone in particular to be holding the story time corner, so that Derrick and his pal could take a break and leave the job to someone else. While all seemed calm on the inside, the outside was a different story- you see, four was the time of day for the physical admission trials to be held for all new Gamma Squad members who had not yet done it. Out back, a pull-ups station had been set up, along with push-ups, and many other pieces of equipment (some modified for those who could not do some of the exercise equipment). Galfred, along with Nitros, were running it together with clipboards in hands- there was no specific goal for this test, obviously many members of Gamma squad didn’t rely on physical strength, but they needed a feel for what everyone could handle. As promised, Galfred had gotten Aerlyl and her pals in first, and so he stood in front of them, each at their own station- the Noibat in front of a small weight, Fraxure in front of the pull-up setup, and Gabite in front of a large, fake rock.

“Alrighty guys, first thing I want you all to do is- Aerlyl, see how many lifts you can do of those weights by flying up five feet with them. Rydis, yours is a bit more simple- just show me how many pull-ups you can do. And Talbyss, I know you can at least break this rock. Just break it however you like- with a punch or a slice- and we’ll get you bigger ones until we get to one that’s too much. All of you, just say when you can’t do any more of your exercise and I’ll jot down your score, then you’ll all be switching equipment when you’re done. Remember, there is no goal for this other than for us to know your limits, and you still have the written morals test to go through after this. So, whenever you’re ready, go on ahead!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back