• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: A New Adventure!

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
CJ snorted, crossing his arms and smirking. "Please. I'm not interested in twelve year olds." He gestured for the girl to sit with them. "But I'm not beyond some sparring, Pokemon or no. I've been studying up with Blitz and when we really start training...Well, it will be tailored to him." He stroked the amphibian between his eyes.

Despite her best efforts, a bark of laughter escaped Arielle. CJ’s suggestion of sparring involving people intrigued her. It wasn’t often she found someone who knew a thing about hand to hand fighting, and practicing on her own exceeded its own usefulness quickly. “I might take you up on a spar or two, then.” She told CJ, filling the information away for later, instead focusing on the new arrival. “I have to ask, has he,” She gestured to Zeke, “Always been like this?”

Taylor looked to Zeke briefly, before returning her gaze to the new girl. She recalled hearing something about a medical condition, but found it rude to pry.

"As far as I've known, yes," she replied. She diverted back on the conversation. "Anyways, I don't know much on martial arts, but I believe that you were discussing Pokemon strategies? I could help with that."

“I'm 15 thank you very much.” He almost pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. When the question rose as to whether or not he had always been like this, Zeke would nod as well, despite not being the target of the question. “You better believe it.” He would wink. “I was quite th ladies man back in Pokemon Tech.” He would muse, realizing he was getting off topic and so would clear his throat. Zeke would nod to Taylor's question, replying with “Yeah. I was just mentioning knowing the basics of one's Pokemon. Ability. Nature. Parents. First year Tech stuff.” He would shrug. Of course he knew all of this and more about his own Shinx, but that wasn't important. Turning to CJ and Arielle, Zeke would then add “And I'm in the same boat as Johto. Not too big on martial arts. I'm all books smarts.”

"Well, I don't have strategies yet, I don't really know my Pokemon too well. Blitz, as cool as he is, is still a mystery to me and my new Pokemon might as well still be an enemy. I haven't even let it out of the ball."

“Self-defense isn’t a bad thing to learn, especially when traveling alone or otherwise. It is better to know and not need it, than need it and not know it.” That felt overly preachy, although it held true. “Strategies come with experience, and time, as does knowledge of your Pokémon. Even when we believe we know everything, our Pokémon will surprise us. A bit like people…especially like people. If you can describe your new Pokémon, we might be able to tell you something about them?” Arielle offered, as releasing yet another Pokémon, particularly a potentially wild one in a Pokémon Centered seemed a recipe for problems.

Taylor thought a moment. "Well, this can happen. A lot of it for the trainer comes from confidence. The longer you keep it in the ball, the longer it will grow to resent you and sense your hesitance."

Taylor reached for a Pokeball and pressed the button. A Lilligant popped out of the ball and gave a pleasant expression. "Athena can help with that. Her Sweet Scent and Sleep Powder should be able to calm it if things go foul."

Zeke would look to CJ when he said he had a second Pokemon. Even the newbie had two Pokemon now? That would have to change here very soon. “....Battles are about information. The more information you have than your opponent, the better your chances of winning. Your strategies will come from that information. Take Shinx for example. He knows an up close physical attack like Spark to deal with opponents in close quarter combat, and a special attack like Shock Wave to use against Pokemon that prefer to keep their distance. So no matter what situation he's in, Shinx will always have a way to stay in the fight.” No longer able to control his curiousity, Zeke would nod in conjunction with what both Arielle and Taylor were saying. “Yes yes. Show us your new Pokemon. I swear if its one of those Beedrill I might actually deck you.” he warned, looking to Arielle when she stated that self defense was a good thing to learn. “If you'll teach me, I'll try learning anything once.” Learning would lead to more information. Information which would in turn lead to strategies, which would up his chances of winning or surviving. See? Information is key.

CJ frowned and took out the ball. "I...guess it can't hurt to try?" He looked at the new girl. Could he trust her? There were enough people around that it would probably dissuade her from lying. He sighed and sent out the Pokemon he caught. The smallish acorn-creature looked around nervously before catching its eyes on the trainers standing with their Pokemon. It chirped cautiously at Blitz who croaked back. This was the first time CJ had even considered that Pokemon could converse with each other and she watched the two with avid interest. The creature chirruped angrily head bowed low as it prepared to charge. But Blitz croaked again and jumped to the floor between CJ and the creature. The Pokemon paused, staring at Blitz, then taking stock of the others nearby.

Arielle considered Taylor for a few seconds, not entirely convinced that releasing a potentially wild Pokemon in an enclosed space was a good idea, but unable to fault the logic of her statement. She did have to wonder what Pokemon CJ might have caught as well, and privately hoped it wouldn't be something else that would beat the stuffing out of Archen. When a Seedot emerged, she blinked in a surprise. "A Seedot, huh? Been a while since I've seen that evolutionary family. Grass type, gains Dark type on evolution." Running through her sparse encounters with both the Shiftry line in her head, she added, "It's a good compliment to Blitz, in terms of type matchups, and once they both are fully evolved, they'll probably share similar battle styles as well." Thirteen, previously cleaning one of his paws, stood up, considering the Seedot, in turn, before giving a sharp bark of his own.

"Seedot, eh?" CJ nodded, watching the creature as it whistled at Thirteen. "You know it dropped out of the air at me and Blitz. Like a bullet. He tanked Blitz' attacks and then hit Blitz with an attack that sent him flying. It was really only luck that I caught him."

"Seedot, they should be pretty friendly, even a fresh one."

Taylor's Lilligant was a happy-go-lucky Pokemon, and took to the Seedot right away. It extended it's leafy arms and did a twirl with the Pokemon.

"Keep him close and you should have a reliable Pokemon. I'm fond of grass types myself."

The Seedot whistled at the Lilligant, hopping up and down before turning to CJ. CJ took out his thermos and filled the cap with water, placing it on the ground in front of it. "I don't know about friendly. This guy took to fighting like a mercenary, ambushing us while we were running from Beedrill." He laughed as the plant creature put its foot in the cap to soak up the water. He held out a hand and the Seedot put his hard cap against it. "Wow. That's rough. All that armor and fighting prowess. You wanna join me and get some real fights in Merc?" Merc blinked before hopping up and down with a chirp. "I'll take that as a yes."

Zeke would sigh lightly in relief. So it wasn’t a Beedrill. Good. Letting one of those things loose here in the pokemon center would have ended very badly. Zeke would watch the Seedot for a few seconds, his Shinx hopping down from the couch finally and approaching the Lilligant as it performed its dance, raising up on to his hind legs and performing the dance as well. When CJ said it had been luck that he caught the Seedot, Zeke would offer a light nod in agreement. “If that was your first time fighting against a grass type, then what you experienced is what’s known as type disadvantage. Grass types, like Seedot, are stronger against water types, like Blitz. Seedot likely took Blitz’s attack well because he was probably injured by the Beedrill at that point. And since Blitz got at least one attack in, it made capturing Seedot easier. Unevolved pokemon tend to be easier caught than evolved ones.” Zeke would lean back, interlocking his hands and watching their group for a moment. It was nice to have friends again. Smiling lightly, Zeke push off the back of the couch and stand. “All this talk about new pokemons got me all fired up! I need to go out and catch something. You guys in or out?” No offense to CJ, but he couldn’t let the newbie outpace him.

"Ambush tactics, sounds like he's getting a head-start on fighting as a Shiftry." She had to give CJ credit, befriending new Pokemon so quickly. If only she could see that kind of success in her own endeavors, as her Pokémon usually didn't play nice at first. "Zeke is right. Type disadvantage, coupled with Seedot being rather defensive would give Blitz a rather uphill battle." Rolling her eyes at said Trainers antics, she continued. "Works for me. Give some of my other Pokemon time to stretch their legs."

Athena formed a chain between the Merc and Spark. She swung her arms back and forth in a hopscotch pattern. The Lilligant clearly enjoyed playing with other.

Taylor thought for a moment. The Charmander would be good for Rocket, but maybe...it was all about finding a good home, wasn't it? "Actually...I have a Pokemon that needed a good home, if you're interested, Zeke. Not that I'm opposed to catching new ones."

Zeke would nod, ready to set out. There were pokemon out there in them thar hills, and he was itching to get out there with them. He stopped when Taylor piped up, offering him a pokemon to take as well. Her statement had him very confused. She had a pokemon that needed a good home? Last he remembered she was a pretty damn good trainer in her own right. But even so. One more pokemon on his team meant one more chance at winning a battle. Deep down, it wasn’t that though. It was the way she said it that had him concerned. Concern that showed itself when he spoke. “Um...yeah….sure...if you’re ok with that. I still plan on heading out to catch a pokemon myself, but….yeah.” he didn’t know how to say it out loud. He was more than happy to take care of a pokemon that had been neglected, or worse, abandoned. How could anyone treat a pokemon like that? It was cruel and unnecessary. Sitting back down, Zeke would ask “...is it...the pokemon I mean...healthy? Was it...mistreated in any way?” He kept his voice low, not wanting to attract the attention of those not part of their group.

CJ nodded at the wisdom given, ready to leave as well, before Taylor offered the Pokemon to Zeke. He cocked his head to the side. Why give it to a good home? Unless she thought that she wasn't good enough. He filed that thought away for later. "What Pokemon is it?"

Inwardly, Arielle frowned, standing as well. Something about Taylors offer seemed...off to her. Or maybe it was the extreme coincidence of Zeke going Pokemon hunting, and Taylor just happening to have one she wanted to give away. A quick glance to Thirteen didn't offer any illumination on the subject, but it seemed both her newfound companions seemed to pick up on the somewhat dubious nature of the situation. "Why not train this Pokemon yourself?" She asked, watching for any indication of a lie on Taylors face.

Taylor withdrew the Pokeball from her belt. It was too late to go back now. She motioned for Zeke got put out his hand and clasped the top of the ball. "It's healthy," she stated. "I wouldn't feel right training it myself. It's a rescue. A Charmander."

She knew that this was a bad start for Zeke's other friends, but it was the right thing to do. She did what she did not because it was easy, but because it was right.

"Just trust me, you'd be a better trainer for him than I would. I have an eye for these things."

Zeke would comply, the gravity of the situation hitting him as the ball was placed in his hand. A healthy rescue. So it was an abandoned pokemon after all. The poor thing. Looking to CJ, Zeke would inform his newfound friend “Unfortunately, there are those that, if a pokemon doesn’t live up to their high expectation, will completely abandon the pokemon with no intention of ever coming back for it. It’s one of the worst things a trainer can put a pokemon through.” Looking back to the ball in hand, Zeke would expand it before continuing. “The bond between pokemon and trainer is supposed to be a sacred thing. To abandon a pokemon is...or if its not it should be….illegal. If it were up to me, a trainer who abandons their pokemon should have their trainers’ license revoked and thrown in jail.” He would make sure this Charmander would never go through anything like that again.

Moving the ball around in his hand, Zeke would finally get it moved to where he could press the button of the ball with his thumb, though he wouldn’t do it just yet. He would instead look to Taylor before asking her “Sorry, but could you have your Lilligant on stand by again? An abandoned pokemon is more than likely going to be upset, and if we could keep it calm would be for the best.” Even if that meant putting the Charmander to sleep. He just hoped he was going to be able to help the Charmander through such a traumatic experience, if the Charmander even realized what was going on. When Taylor and her Lilligant were ready, Zeke would again look to Arielle and CJ “Wish me luck.” With that the button was pressed, the poke-ball containing Charmander popping open and the fire lizard taking form next to the Lilligant, Shinx, and Seedot.

Taylor nodded, and the Lilligant picked up on her trainers seriousness. The Pokemon yipped as she slowed her tempo.

As Zeke popped open the botton, the Charmander looked around confused. "Char, Char Char!" it barked as it began to growl. Taylor furrowed her brow as she looked to Athena. Athena nodded with a mimiced expression to her trainer, releasing a few petals that releqsed a soothing aroma.

"Shhh...." Taylor whispered as she eased a hand slowly towards the Charmander. "Charmander...this is Zeke...friend. you're safe now," she stated. No more drugs and theft for you now. Just...take this opportunity.

Taylor extended a hand towards Zeke. "Shhhh....it's okay," she soothed.

Last edited:
“... Cassie, huh?” The young woman repeated, looking at the outstretched hand before hesitantly reaching out and shaking her hand, “Cross. And this is my team, obviously. Don’t mind them, they’re just protective. Knock it off, you guys.” She ordered, and with that, the group wandered around and sniffed about the trainer.
The Ninetales stuck by, sniffing at the shy little Vulpix, shoving her nose into the little thing’s face and looking at her. Zero jumped up onto Luna’s head and pawed the air in the Misdreavus’s direction, trying to bring her closer. Luna looked relatively undisturbed by the sudden intrusion of the Raichu.
Cherry hopped into Cross’s lap and extended a paw in Cassie’s direction and waved it around a bit. “... That’s Cherry. She’s asking for a handshake.” Cross said, gesturing at Cherry.

Midnightclub Midnightclub

Cassie

Cassie smiled and shook Cherry's paw. "Nice to meet you Cherry. And to all of you." She laughed as the Pokemon sniffed at her, almost immediately going from protective to curious. She watched the Pokemon interact with delight. "Your team's so cute!"

Rogue dove in closer, floating around the Raichu and Absol. She chattered at them in a singsong-y almost-voice, just barely coming within reach but never quite near enough to touch. Her gems around her neck faded just a bit as emotions calmed down, though one flared up when she heard barking from Amesha. The Vulpix rolled backwards away from the Ninetails, chittering with fright. She tried to jump onto Cassie but bounced off her back, sending the young woman stumbling forward a bit. "Amesha!"

The fox Pokemon's legs skittered across the dirt path as she scrambled to get away. Rogue left her new friends to try and comfort the Vulpix, her gems all glowing. "I'm really sorry about that..." Cassie said, looking back at the two and then towards Cross. "She's...Not too used to other Pokemon."

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Zeke would nod, watching as Taylor attempted to soothe the Charmander, mimicking her by slowly offering a hand to the Charmander for him to sniff. “I’m not gonna hurt you lil guy.” Though still growling, the Charmander did in fact start to calm down some due to the calming aroma of the Lilligant. Suddenly, with no fear and less warning, the Charmander would lash out, mouth clamping down on Zeke’s hand. Zeke would wince, that being enough for his Shinx to jump in and sparks fly from the electric cat’s body. “Shinx no!” Zeke would order, the Shinx relaxing from its crouched position but still keeping a keen eye on the fire lizard. The Charmander kept his attention on Zeke the entire time, even as Zeke turned back to look at him. “If you really wanted that to hurt, you would’ve stopped growling.” he would tell the fire lizard, who would look away from Zeke to Taylor for a few seconds, then back to Zeke before finally releasing his hold on the trainer. Zeke’s hand was covered in a row of small puncture wounds, so small they were barely visible unless you knew to look for them and only a few of them beginning to dot with blood. The Charmander would lick where he had bitten Zeke’s hand, Zeke grinning lightly and using the slightly injured hand to reach up and rub the top of the Charmander’s head. The Charmander could have easily bitten off Zeke’s entire hand, and Zeke knew that. Now calm, the Charmander would let out a happy Char, Zeke again nodding and looking to CJ and Arielle. “Boy was that scary or what?

Soulmuse Soulmuse Midnightclub Midnightclub Malkav Malkav

Arielle Atken

Taylor’s reasoning for giving Zeke the Charmander caused Arielle’s eyebrow to climb for a brief moment, before she shrugged, and held her tongue. She didn’t disagree with the other woman’s assessment, asking any questions

“Abandoning Pokémon is a bit of a legal grey area, unfortunately.” Arielle picked up Zeke’s train of thought smoothly, as he spoke to Taylor. “Even in places where doing so is explicitly illegal, the standard of proof is difficult to meet, and people are rarely convicted of the crime, although some manner of frontier justice will usually catch up to those responsible in the end.” Her thoughts drifted to Zoroark for a moment. “If I knew the local laws about it, I might have a go at whoever this person is, if we could find them.” Arielle admitted to CJ, as Zeke released Charmander.

As the fire lizard began to growl, she flicked a glance towards Thirteen, and, seeing him still quite relaxed, stuck her hands in her pockets, and watched. If something bad were going to happen, the Absol would have been on edge. Given his relaxed state, she could only assume it would all work out fine. When the Charmander darted forwards to chomp on Zeke’s hand, she sucked in a breath, but Thirteen continued to simply watch. At Zeke’s teasing remark, she shook her head. “Not exactly the best solution.” She muttered to CJ, before speaking up as Trainer and newfound Pokemon found their accord. “I travel with an Absol, Zeke. I got a pretty good idea nothing bad would happen from the moment you released Charmander, since Thirteen didn’t tackle you, or whack him.” She gestured to Charmander. “If you need any help getting him accustomed to having a Trainer who presumably isn’t a piece of trash, I’ve got a Pokemon who could help. He’s a bit prickly, but having someone with similar experience to talk things out with might help. Or something to that effect.”

Theo713 Theo713 Midnightclub Midnightclub Malkav Malkav

“Oh, no, it’s fine. Nikki has no concept of personal space, so I cancels out.”
WHAP!
“OW!” The Ninetales’ many luscious tails whipped across the young woman’s face as Nikki irritably whacked her trainer with them in retaliation for the comment. Cross held her cheek as it began to redden. “What! It’s true!”
The Ninetales stuck her tongue out at her trainer and sat on the ground, fluffing her tails out and grooming them, look elegant and composed.
“Oh, well PFFTPBFTPBFTPBFTPBBBT to you too!” Cross replied, blowing a raspberry at the fox pokemon, only to earn a stifled giggle from her.

“Oh, uhhh,” Cross rubbed the back of her head and blushed in embarrassment, “Thanks, I uhhh, I guess...? These guys are a pretty big part of my life, soooo... gotta keep ‘em in shape, hehe... Are these two everybody with you, orrr...?”

Cassie

The young woman laughed, watching Cross get snarky with her Ninetails. She called Amesha and Rogue over and sat on the ground so Amesha would be able to crawl into her lap. The Vulpix was cautious but with the Misdreavus nearby, she was brave enough to approach and cuddle into Cassie's lap. Cassie pet Amesha as she spoke with Cross.

"These two are a big part of my life too. I don't have any more Pokemon, I'm not much of a trainer really." She shrugged.

"I can tell you are though! You must have some stories, and tons of badges!"

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

CJ

The teen assassin frowned, watching the transfer. "Does the government just not care? You'd think they would...Considering how much money the Pokemon business brings into the economy." He watched as Merc and Blitz interacted with the other Pokemon, not afraid but not leaving too far from his side either. He looked at Arielle, wondering at her comment. "What, is Thirteen some sort of fortune teller or something? How would he have known to tackle?"

Soulmuse Soulmuse Theo713 Theo713 Malkav Malkav

Spoil sport.” he would jokingly call Arielle, grinning to her before CJ asked his question. Even though the question was asked of Arielle, he too would think on it for a moment before chiming in, after Arielle “They care, I don’t know anyone who doesn’t care about Pokemon, It’s just….I dunno. Hard to regulate, I guess is the right way to put it.. There’s thousands, if not tens of thousands, of trainers in every region at any given time, and more being added to that number every day when brand new trainers become eligible to claim that title. There were almost two dozen kids that left my home town the same day I was supposed to, for example. How do you keep track of that many people at once?” A few of those people he once called his friends, and others he was glad he hadn’t seen since that day. And while it wasn’t impossible to keep track of that many people at once, the few ways he could think of were….questionable at best.

Zeke didn’t chime in about the various theories surrounding Absol and its precognitive abilities, letting the trainer speak for her pokemon. Instead he would take the time to give his new Charmander a once over, examining the fire type as closely as a blacksmith would inspect his latest creation. For an abandoned pokemon, Charmander here was in much better health than Zeke had initially believed thought he would be. His tail was bright. His fangs and claws were sharp. His muscles were well developed. If Zeke hadn’t been told the Charmander had been abandoned, he would have thought the Charmander was a somewhat fairly trained pokemon. So why would someone abandon such a healthy pokemon? He didn’t want to try and think like someone who would do such a thing, and so instead let the idea go, forgotten to the depths as soon as it was formed. Only when the discussion about the Absol had concluded did Zeke again speak up, his attention on the others. “On a completely unrelated note, where are we going first? Pran and Llyn are both fairly close, but the way to Pran is only one way. We’ll have to come back down that path to go to Llyn. Llyn on the other hand is a straight shot, but in doing so we’ll skip over Pran entirely.” he had studied the map some after the trio went their own ways the day before.

Soulmuse Soulmuse Midnightclub Midnightclub Malkav Malkav

Arielle Atken

You would think.” Arielle could only shrug. “Call me cynical, but often government trying to solve problems creates bigger ones, or angry people, and so they default to inaction, for good, or ill.” Falling silent she listened to Zeke’s little speech, internally wincing at what she perceived to be naivety. “While regulation is indeed a major problem, I think the answer is lies in the fact that often those who engage in exploitative behavior and unsavory things tend of be influential, or have a great deal of money, and money has a power all its own. Can’t prove it, but my gut feeling says the law isn’t going to change any time soon, regardless of how much it should.” And she knew quite well it should, all to personally.

As opposed to questions of government, Arielle had a more or less prepared answer for the question of Thirteen’s ‘precognition’. “While the rumors of Absol bringing disaster are unfounded, they do have some natural sense of imminent disaster. Often, they attempt to warn potential victims of these disasters, but humans, not understanding, believe the Absols are the bringers of that disaster. Of course, what Absol consider to be a ‘disaster’ can be a bit…strange at times. However, with some time and practice, Thirteen and I have a pretty good agreement on what is bad, and what isn’t.” Not without some mishaps in the middle. “Thus, if Charmander was actually going to hurt Zeke, Thirteen would have done something.” Thinking about it, Arielle didn’t know what Thirteen would have actually done. She said tackle someone, but when she thought about it, she couldn’t say for certain. “Despite all the stigma having an Absol can bring, they are powerful allies, if one trusts you enough.

"Doesn't bother me too much either way." Frowning, Arielle tried to recall the map. "I don't mind a bit of backtracking, and if we find a couple Pokemon capable of ferrying people, we can cut the backtrackign down by flying."

Malkav Malkav Theo713 Theo713 Midnightclub Midnightclub

“Ehhhh, not so much anymore. I mean sure I’ve had my fair share of gym battles,” She says, rubbing the back of her head awkwardly, “I’ve got my case of Johto and Kanto badges still my pack, but... I haven’t fought any gyms in a long, loooong time.” She mumbled, looking down at the ground and sighing inwardly, feeling some of that self-doubt creeping in on her mind again.

“And I know at least some of us miss the adrenaline rush.” Cross says, pointedly looking at the Raichu still sitting on her Meganium’s head, then once more down at the Ninetales who had halted in her grooming, sensing that she was being talked about. “Hmmm, I wonder who it could be.”
Nikki then began to groom herself more vigorously, as if to hide her embarrassment. Zero the Raichu puckered his lips as if he was whistling before off of Luna’s head, down to Graceon’s back (who yowled indignantly at the sudden weight on his back) before finally sticking the landing on the ground.

“... Yeah. I haven’t had a battle in a while. And I mean, as far as stories go, I don’t think you’d really be interested in the months of training and battling and grinding that go into the Gym challenge. The battles weren’t even all that interesting either, the Gym leaders are just frustrating. You try to beat a Bug type gym leader with only a Bayleef and an Absol. That, was HELL.” She rambled on, cringing internally at the mere thought of trying to battle Bugsy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back