• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon: A Fresh Perspective (IC)

OOC
Here
70924.jpg
Pokemon: Aria [Noibat]
Tags: THeLiLmOnster THeLiLmOnster

Currently Listening To:
LEO SULLIVAN
The young girl introduced herself as Diana and made a comment about Zubat that most people, no matter the region they were from, would agree with. The Tynamo and Inkay were hers as he had assumed but the he was unable to focus on them as she claimed she had never had ice cream. He raised an eyebrow in shock at the comment before she began to peruse the flavours before her. She began to talk about berries and the eating habits of pokemon before turning to Harper asking for her name.

With Harper's introduction out of the way smiled at her, but he could see that she was looking quite uncomfortable. He tried to keep a smile on his face as reassuringly as he could before answering her question about his preference of flavour. "Well if you would so kind as to provide me with mint I would forever be grateful." By talking in such a strange way Leo was hoping to lighten the mood, he didn't want Harper to feel as uncomfortable as she appeared to be. "How about you? Have you got a favourite?" He asked with genuine interest as Aria began to slump over his shoulder in a typically over dramatic fashion.

Harper Williams
Interaction: CaptainSully CaptainSully Crow Crow
Place: Festival in Hau'oli

Harper listened closely to Diana and Leo's conversation. The girl got stranger by the minute, although now with Leo here she felt a bit more calm. She glanced over at the blue haired girl again, her eyes bright with curiosity about the things around her, especially the ice cream. Perhaps she was just very childlike... Maybe she meant one thing while she said a different thing. And of course Harper couldn't blame her for how her pokemon reacted.. pokemon have their own personalities as well, although the white haired trainer wasnt sure she liked their personalities much. She managed a genuine smile, although small, as Diana addressed her.

"Uhm, hi. I'm Harper. It's nice to meet you Diana!" She said happily, feeling a bit more comfortable with the situation. Harper turned to Leo now, who was relaying that he very much liked mint, just like Aria. The way he said it actually made Harper giggle, but she quickly hid her laughter. She was a bit self conscious about it, but happy that everything was ok now. She nodded, smiling at him.

"You and Aria make a really good team, I can tell." She commented before turning to the ice cream guy and checking off all of the ice cream flavors everyone had listed before finally deciding on her own.

"And um, I think I'll take a caramel swirl one," she concluded. She was excited to try it since she had never had it before. Finally she turned back to Leo and thought for a moment about his question. "Well I can't say yet, I haven't tried all of the flavors! But right now I'd say it's a tie between strawberry and coffee. I'm a sucker for caffeine, so anything with coffee in it is a weakness for me." She confessed. Sneaking a glance at Diana again, Harper wondered if she should buy the girl some ice cream too.

"Um, you wanted a recommendation on ice cream right? I suppose I'm not very good at giving recommendations, but like I said before, strawberry and coffee are really good! Cookie dough is really popular too, and Pichu really likes that kind. Can I buy you and your pokemon some?" She asked. Harper realized she would be spending a lot on her first day out, but she didn't want anyone to feel left out.

(Will code this properly when I get home, am at work right now.)

He’d been watching. Observing, both taking a moment to appreciate the naive gathering of people in innocent celebration as well as sifting through the crowds for certain minded characters. So many were innocent, but who was a hero? It was hard to tell from afar, but some people’s auras and their qualities spoke volumes. He just had to keep watching, a distant white blemish unnoticed by the public eye.

The sun had shifted in the sky amidst his time observing, once a distant heated set of rays now blazing down on his spot of elevation. A slight breeze kicked up, tauntingly caressing his damp forehead and kicking up a few locks of hair the color of ivory, and the length of his spine. He smiled, ever so slightly, before his breath rode on the wind.

“Go.”

Without a stir in the air, a presence bolted past him — it scaled down their view point without actually making contact with the ground, descending onto the fair grounds, looking although invisible to the naked eye. It ascended above the crowds without making its presence known, and began its search — pluck, pluck, pluck went tentatively selected Pokémon. A rowdy piplup was alleviated from a girl in conversation, followed by an eevee that had impressively twitched an ear in caution before being snatched into the sky. A noivern, perched on his trainers head, vanishes. Reactions come abruptly, many in the form of what just happened? But the disappearances don’t stop there. A battle stage is illuminated by an unforgiving sun in the center of the festival — there, that will get their attention. An unseen force sweeps up three native starters playing audience for the battle, along with an unsuspecting corpfish for the sake of dramatics. The battle is stopped before it has a chance to finish, and wordlessly, the presence vanishes.

Moments sit, reactions are awaited, and V silently approaches the crowds with the intent to guide them to said unseen force and reclaim their stolen partners. How will they act? What will they do? Who will step up? Who will reclaim what they’ve lost? Or will they crumble, and represent a world that no longer fosters heroes?

Sylvi Montgomery
tumblr_opkwllb2ta1t39jfto1_1280.jpg
Sylvi was enjoying the company she found herself in, her eyes following the smell of food. Synna wriggled in her arms, ready and excited to get something sweet and tangy into her mouth. "Vee, eevee~" she sang out, her ears twitching and something caught her attention. Synna looked around, her head turning and staying completely still in her trainer's arms. Sylvi noted the unusual stillness of her pokemon and looked down, kissing the top of her head. "You okay, Synna?" she asked softly and the small Eevee looked up at her trainer and tilted her head, licking her nose in response.

Then it happened. All in one swift motion Synna was lifted from her arms and began to float away as if she was being carried away by something. It was as fast as ever and Sylvi let out a yell and began to bolt after her pokemon. "SYNNA!" she screamed out, the overwhelming feeling happening all over again. This was just like last time when her Abra was stolen from her by Team Skull. 'I have to get her back! I won't let this happen again!' Thoughts flooded her mind as she reached for her pokeball and sent out her Bounsweet.

"Majesty!" she called out to the pokemon who now perched on her shoulder. Before she told her pokemon to attack, she saw that other pokemon were taken as well, those being a piplup and a noibat. Her eyes narrowed and she returned Majesty in fears that she would get taken as well. She followed the pokemon, her eyes glued to them as she dodged people and ran without caring who she knocked over. Usually, she would apologize, but she didn't have that luxury. She had to get the pokemon back one way or another. She was a Pokemon Ranger apprentice after all. She rescued pokemon for a living. There had to be someone who was controlling whatever was taking the pokemon, but she wasn't sure what exactly was taking the pokemon. It was incredibly fast and invisible to the naked eye so for all she knew it was a playful Bannette or other ghost pokemon.

'What if Bounswet uses Aromatic Mist? Maybe I can use it to see what's taking the pokemon.' she thought, her brows furrowed as she tried to think of a good solution and began growing annoyed that she was helpless in helping the pokemon that had been by her side since day one. Sylvi pushed against the pokeball she had released earlier and opened it again. "Majesty, please use Aromatic Mist for me." she asked of her Bounsweet who began to teeter side to side and shake as a pink mist began to escape from it and into the the air surrounding everyone and everything in the mist. Sylvi's eyes furrowed and she could see the outline of something that was much bigger than a pokemon but one she had never seen before. "What is that?"

Last edited:
603883 Maya Rafi
Hōʻuluʻulu Festival

Maya alternated looking over either end of the festival. She had no idea where she wanted to eat but, her stomach was telling her that she should find something soon. Suddenly it happened. The girl next to Maya let out a scream. Maya's attention and head immediately turned to Sylvi. Floating away was the Eevee she had been carrying in her hands. The commotion only grew louder as more pokemon began to seemingly float away. Maya stood, silenced and stunned by what was happening around her. Finally she snapped back to her senses. The first thing she did was check her own bag. 'Two pokeballs. Good.' She cinched her bag tight. She couldn't let whatever this was snatch her pokemon as well.

Next, she took off down the street. Her sandals slapping the ground and the soles of her feet. She followed the trail of the stolen pokemon and the trail Sylvi was forging. She narrowly avoided tripping over several small children and Slowpoke. However, she could not avoid an errant ice cream cone. Her white shirt now sported a lovely streak of pink down the front. However, Maya took no notice as she finally caught up to Sylvi.

It was then that Maya noticed the swirling pink mass emanating from the small berry-shaped pokemon. For the second time in as many minutes, Maya was stunned. The mist had revealed the shape of a large pokemon. Maya fumbled in her bag, desperately. Her hand emerged clutching a standard pokeball. She turned towards Sylvi as she to seemed stunned by what they were witnessing. "I..I...," Maya stuttered, "I have no idea."

Harper Williams
Interaction: norway norway
Mentions: CaptainSully CaptainSully Crow Crow
Place: Festival in Hau’oli

A moment later was a moment too late. Harper was so intent on waiting for Diana’s reply that she almost didnt notice when Piplup was grabbed. It was so smooth and quick. Piplup’s sudden cry and Pichu’s startled outburst caused the trainer to gasp and realize the little guy had vanished. Again. But this time it wasnt his fault.

Harper turned to notice Piplup, Aria, and a handful of other pokemon lift off into the sky. She stood with her mouth agape, momentarily frozen by what she was witnessing. But it was only for a second before she began running blindly after them, the only thing in her sight was her trusted partner Piplup. Pichu reached out for the penguin pokemon as if to save him, but at this point they were too high.

Harper barely noticed the two other girl’s who also had the same intention she did. Her first thought was to use Pichu to attack the bird, but in using an electric move that would result in the others getting hurt... she couldnt risk her own pokemon, let alone stranger’s. They were too far away to use a physical move.. The white haired girl felt tears sting her eyes, hotter than the air around her. She tripped and ran into others who were still unaware of what was happening, but all too quickly her precious pokemon was suddenly gone.

Harper slowed to a stop, her eyes wide and her vision obscured by tears. They had disappeared... she stood in a dazed stupor for what felt like hours, but really was only a few seconds before she suddenly started glancing at the crowd as if to find answers there. Many were exchanging confused, sympathetic, and worried glances, while the trainer’s who had had their pokemon ripped from them were in obvious distress. One person stood out from the crowd however.

She wasnt sure what drew her attention towards him.. a tall, slender young man stood apart from the rest of the crowd, his expression totally different from the others. He seemed composed, and definitely not shocked at what had just occurred. Harper glared at him, making her way back through the crowd until she was near enough for him to hear her.

“What... do you know what happened..?” Harper said, unsure really of what she was asking. Why would this stranger know anything about it...? But something about him just didnt fit with the situation, and she felt compelled to ask.

70924.jpg

Currently Listening To:
LEO SULLIVAN
From being moments away from a mint ice cream to extreme anger was a very quick rollercoaster for Leo. He felt the exact moment Aria had been plucked for his shoulder, her high pitched wail and claws grasping at tufts of his hair letting him know something was wrong. By time he turned around to look at her she was gone and floating off into the air. Whatever it was that had he, it was transparent. It was then he spotted several other pokemon seemingly flying next to Aria, only they were all incapable of flight.

"ARIA!" Leo yelled. As he did, Harper broke forward from him and the young man made chase. He had noticed Piplup up with Aria but had hoped that it had been someone elses. Leo began to pull ahead of Harper and for a time gained ground on the pokemon, but they were simply too high. Without a break in pace he leapt up onto a long table before hoping up onto a low roof. As he rushed across it he got close enough that he could see the terror in the eyes of Aria. It tore at his heart but gave him an adrenaline boost enough to be within arms reach of the pokemon. With his arm stretched out in front of him, Aria's tiny claw took hold of one of his fingers. Leo reached out with his other hand, not breaking eye contact with his pokemon. Then suddenly without warning Leo found himself plummeting through the air. Arias small claw lost grip of his finger cutting it slightly while she let out another high pitched scream.

Leo felt as if he fell in slow motion, looking up at the tortured expression of his pokemon. When he finally hit the ground below his back ploughed through a table, much to the annoyance of the people around it. From their shocked gasps came expressions of anger and stern words. To Leo they were nothing more than background noise as the realisation Aria was gone took over. He slowly rose from the demolished table with his body aching from the fall. The adrenaline and want to find Aria was all that kept him moving.

As he looked around he was unable to see where Aria went and let out an angered roar. The normally calm and collected Leo had thrown caution to the wind and was now far from his sensible and down to earth self. He moved as quickly as he could to find Harper thinking that it would be best for them to work together to get their pokemon back. It didn't take long for him to see her but there was someone she was speaking to, someone with an air about them that didn't fit the festival. Harpers nervousness took over her words and she struggled to get them out, so Leo stepped forward.

"Harper...who is this? Does he know something?" Leo turned towards the newcomer with his fists clenched at his side. Even though the man had a couple of inches on Leo's height, Leo was highly capable of handling himself and was ready to do whatever he needed to get the people their pokemon back. "Do you know what is going on?" Leo took a step closer to the man, his voice filled with a paternal rage. "Did you have something to do with this?"

Sylvi Montgomery
Sylvi looked from Maya to the creature and back to the giant....thing. Her hands turned to fists and she turned to look around them. "Something has to be going on with this. This, whatever the hell it is, has to be controlled by someone right? We have to find who that someone is." she said quickly, watching as Majesty jumped down to the ground and began growing upset seeing her friend taken away. Majesty began to shake out of anger and Sylvi had to reach down and patted her head, the warmest smile on her face that she could muster. "We're going to get her back, ok? Synna's going to be okay." Majesty huffed before pressing herself to her trainer's leg. Sylvi stood up and looked around before her eyes stopped on a man who stood out against the rest of the festival goers. 'It has to be that guy. He looks too calm about this.'

"That guy. He has to have something to do with it." she said and pointed to the small group of people who were beginning to gather. "C'mon." she motioned to Maya as she began to make her way past people.

V
Everything was coming together quite well. The chaos that was going on, the shock and fear on the trainer's faces, and now seeing how they would approach the situation. Well groomed brows raised when a female and male approached V in the crowd. The female seemed unsure of herself while the male had sided with rage as his approach. V tilted his head ever so slightly, strands of hair as white as the snow capped mountain Mount Lanakila. "I'm sorry, I haven't the faintest idea what's happening. Whatever took your pokémon have also taken a dear friend of mine's as well. I was following it to try to get it back for her, but I don't have any pokémon of my own to help her." a saddened expression filled his elegant features as he pointed to where the floating group of pokémon were and an Alolan Sandshrew was amongst those that were stolen.

V's eyes looked back to see the floating pokémon and the two new trainers who approached the ever growing group. He noted everything each person before him before his eyes went back to the pokémon. "If you wouldn't mind aiding me, I think I know where your pokémon went."

With that, V turned his back to the trainers and whistled ever so softly signaling for the invisible force to move away from the crowds and to a more open space where the pokémon were taken. It's all coming together quite nicely. I think you'll be pleased with what I've found.

It was a small walk away from the festival where the pokémon were being held. V stood and looked at the small creatures, arms behind his back. He stood back and waited for the trainers to make their first move and to see who would step up to get their partner back.

70924.jpg

Currently Listening To:
LEO SULLIVAN
Leo's rage changed held strong, even after the mans words. He didn't have time for apologies if what the man said was true that would have to wait for later, he just had to get Aria back. "If you know where they are going, let's get going." Leo hurried the man along and followed him to a wide open space some distance away. The man, irrelevant of his words, seemed way to suspicious to not be involved, as he walked he whistled away as if there was nothing wrong with the present situation.

Soon enough Leo caught sight of the pokemon, his eyes immediately locking onto a clearly upset Aria. Whatever had hold of her and the others still held firmly onto them but what caught Leo's attention was the lack of any one else other than the strange man. For a moment the young man thought but instead decided to take action. He could have called out Korvus and sent him to attack the invisible foe, but that just risked him being captured. There was the option of having Aria carry out an attack but then it'd risk hurting the other pokemon. The only other option was to try and get her back himself, at the risk of harm to himself.

Leo pushed forward off his left foot and broke into a sprint, pushing past the strange man towards the floating pokemon. He was expecting some sort of attack to firmly put him on his backside but he didn't care, he had to try something to save her...she was his best friend. As he closed within range he reached out to Aria, trying to take hold of her to free her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back