• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokemon | δ | Team Delta | Δ | OOC & Information

OverconfidentMagi

Laugh Like You've Won Always
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
4afde3bbd0ce4ec3f9ba0f750913b9af.png

c67c39ebff2e413fe81e055fac8039e0.png

IC | δ | OOC | Δ | Characters

• Set 5 years after the events of Sun and Moon, an organization calling itself Team Delta has done what every other group failed: they've taken over the world. With a terrifying new technology called StarBurst, they can take over the minds of any pokemon on a whim, even through pokeballs. Trainers are left powerless. Most Gym leaders and Elite Four members surrendered in the hopes that their pokemon might be spared, and most of those that fought back are now dead or presumed dead. Soldiers rose up to replace them. Weapons and technology are almost always preferred to a team of pokemon at your side. You can at least trust a weapon.

StarBurst technology takes the form of an energy weapon, most often contained in a gauntlet wore by Team Delta members. When used, a beam of light shoots from the gauntlet, and any pokemon struck is quickly dominated. The beam can be controlled by its caster to encircle targets as well, which is most often used on trainers to destroy and pokeballs they may have on them and take the pokemon inside. Only Legendary pokemon, or those with a very strong life-long bond to a human can hope to resist a hit from a StarBurst. The more pokemon a trainer has, the more thin their bond with them is spread. The few trainers left in the world usually only have one or two pokemon to stay under Team Delta's radar.

Last edited:
Theo713 Theo713
What an interesting character. I like the reference to Amber especially.

I don't know if it'll make you want to change anything about the character or not, but in this timeline Dr. Fuji survived the destruction caused by Mewtwo's birth. He was the only scientist to survive, and devoted himself to helping people and pokemon after that.

Could you give me a quick idea of how she got from Rocket to Delta. Team Rocket was largely disbanded almost 15 years ago, and Delta only started recruiting members about 4 years ago. No need to go into detail, a tldr version is fine.

Also, with just a value from 1-10 (1 being weak and 10 strong), could you rate your character's loyalty to Team Delta and their cause.

You're free to send info in a PM if there's anything you'd prefer to not share with the class for now.

Last edited:
OverconfidentMagi OverconfidentMagi Why thank you. I'm rather proud with how she ultimately turned out. I made her several years ago, but she's always been my favorite.

Catrina was more of an event boss character than anything. I think I made her around the time Gen 5 was released. I just wanted to throw this up to give you an idea of the character I wanted to use. As for Dr Fuji, I left his survival intentionally blank for future rps like this one. I don't have a problem adding a few lines to the character sheet about her not believing the stories that Dr. Fuji is alive, or thinking that its someone else using his name to get some fame. Catrina's sole purpose was to destroy her clone. To her nothing else mattered.

As for how she got from Rocket to Delta, that's an easy one. According to the timeline, Mewtwo was created 19 years ago. If Team Rocket was disbanded 15 years ago, that's a 4 year time difference where she would have stayed to work with Team Rocket, continuing her father's work and working on new technologies. Technology that, 6 years ago, was part of the combination that would become StarBurst. She would have been needed to, in some way, make it work, and decided to stay on.

Her loyalty would be a solid 8 if I were to say. She enjoys when people do what she tells them to. That, and as long as the end result is a benefit for her she's a happy scientist.

I went ahead and posted a WiP character. Hopefully we can resolve any potential issues with her history and team and the like and then I'll finish it off. I don't know exactly what you're looking for in terms of characters so hopefully this isn't too out there, I really like the concept but I'm happy to work in whatever changes you need.

Just a heads-up, if I happen to disappear for a while blame the guy who had to hack Hurricane onto his Lugia.

AtlannianSpy AtlannianSpy
The character fits well enough in the story. I do find it odd that she'd have joined up with Lysandre, what with his whole thing being money and superficial beautyandgenocide.

She kind of wanted something to believe in and fooled herself into thinking there was more to it then that. She was an angry teenager at that point and that's kind of not the greatest mindset for being objective.

Also like, stay safe and all that if you're near the hurricane. We'll be waiting for you when you get back.

I know I've yet to post here, but I've submitted my character still.

Figured a spy would do the League some good.

Sluggodile Sluggodile
Sorry for not getting back to you about your character earlier.

I don't like the Delta grunts simply killing your character's mother for no reason. Delta cares about public image a lot, so they'd be much more likely to lie and simply confiscate pokemon as their trainers boarded the boat in the name of public safety. (Their whole thing being that pokemon are dangerous.) They'd use StarBurst on pokemon sure, but so long as there were witnesses they'd know better than to use deadly force on another person. Hitting a person with StarBurst is usually painful enough to get a point across.

The only reason they would kill a person would be if they were proven to be working with the resistance, and in that case they would use deadly force to erase them completely. To make things work out as close as possible to what you already have, what if him and his family was on a League ship containing a high-ranking resistance member? Delta finds out its route, sends an admin to destroy the ship, during the battle between the admin and resistance members his mother's pokemon gets hit by StarBurst (Celena's StarBurst is good at hitting a lot of pokemon at once) and it turns on and kills her. His Ninjask could have been hit then as well, but it's doubtful it would have been taken by Delta in that case. If you want it to be with Delta it could instead have been confiscated prior to these events. Does any of that sound like something you could work with?

I'm a bit stuck today but I'll finish off my app properly tomorrow. I still gotta sort out the writing sample and picture.

Oooh, in my head i was thinking that Team Delta was burning the world on fire for some reason. So im guessing they're just have a gun to the goverment's head (The Elite Four/Gym Leader Im guessing who are in charge of the regions, unless you have a complete different banch that actually governs the land?) and telling everyone what to do?

Before the Delta took over, how did the general public thought about pokemon? Because if they view pokemon as well as in the main games, for the Delta to convince the people that Pokemons are dangerous beasts and the public safety program is needed would be a hard sell and their image would already be in the dump. To get a population that would readily accept whatever Delta says would take generations and the resistance from the people would be huge. But then seeing how this rp is going, Im guessing public execution could be implicated, placing mass fear among the population.

How dark will this rp be (being within RPN rules)?

(Sorry, i saw this rp intrest in the middle of the night, the best time to brainvomit)

Oooh, in my head i was thinking that Team Delta was burning the world on fire for some reason. So im guessing they're just have a gun to the goverment's head (The Elite Four/Gym Leader Im guessing who are in charge of the regions, unless you have a complete different banch that actually governs the land?) and telling everyone what to do?
Most of the Pokemon League was wiped out when Delta attacked the PWT a few years ago. This attack was blamed on a legendary Pokemon, which supported Delta's message of Pokemon being dangerous. With the world leaders largely removed from the picture and public opinion swinging towards Delta they ended up in control with relative ease. They do burn their enemies with violence and hellfire, but always in a way they can blame on Pokemon or the resistance.

Before the Delta took over, how did the general public thought about pokemon? Because if they view pokemon as well as in the main games, for the Delta to convince the people that Pokemons are dangerous beasts and the public safety program is needed would be a hard sell and their image would already be in the dump. To get a population that would readily accept whatever Delta says would take generations and the resistance from the people would be huge. But then seeing how this rp is going, Im guessing public execution could be implicated, placing mass fear among the population.

How dark will this rp be (being within RPN rules)?

(Sorry, i saw this rp intrest in the middle of the night, the best time to brainvomit)
Delta went from spreading their message and being considered a joke to controlling the majority of the known world in a span of 5 years. They did this by using StarBurst to make Pokemon go wild and attack people for no reason, and then when they showed up and used that same StarBurst to calm the Pokemon they we're considered heroes. By making more and more Pokemon go wild, outpacing the amount they could calm down, the public grew to fear Pokemon. First just wild Pokemon, then other people's Pokemon, and finally their own.

The only people Delta will publicly attack are resistance terrorists. And most of the public hates the resistance members due to the terrible crimes Delta has pinned on them.

This RP could get very dark if taken in that direction. A previous iteration delt with the torture and murder of both Pokemon and people, as well as things like madness and insanity, even mind control of player characters. A few characters were killed quite brutally by their own partner Pokemon. So... dark is a yes.

Last edited:
Sluggodile Sluggodile
Sorry for not getting back to you about your character earlier.

I don't like the Delta grunts simply killing your character's mother for no reason. Delta cares about public image a lot, so they'd be much more likely to lie and simply confiscate pokemon as their trainers boarded the boat in the name of public safety. (Their whole thing being that pokemon are dangerous.) They'd use StarBurst on pokemon sure, but so long as there were witnesses they'd know better than to use deadly force on another person. Hitting a person with StarBurst is usually painful enough to get a point across.

The only reason they would kill a person would be if they were proven to be working with the resistance, and in that case they would use deadly force to erase them completely. To make things work out as close as possible to what you already have, what if him and his family was on a League ship containing a high-ranking resistance member? Delta finds out its route, sends an admin to destroy the ship, during the battle between the admin and resistance members his mother's pokemon gets hit by StarBurst (Celena's StarBurst is good at hitting a lot of pokemon at once) and it turns on and kills her. His Ninjask could have been hit then as well, but it's doubtful it would have been taken by Delta in that case. If you want it to be with Delta it could instead have been confiscated prior to these events. Does any of that sound like something you could work with?

Hm. I really don't think his mother needs to die, persay, that was more based on my initial perceptions of Team Delta. It'd make more sense for Ninjask and Ninetails to just have been confiscated, while the father hid the rest of the Pokemon.

Sorry 'bout the confusion. Thought Team Delta were much more vicious. I'll get to changing it when I can.

Hm. I really don't think his mother needs to die, persay, that was more based on my initial perceptions of Team Delta. It'd make more sense for Ninjask and Ninetails to just have been confiscated, while the father hid the rest of the Pokemon.

Sorry 'bout the confusion. Thought Team Delta were much more vicious. I'll get to changing it when I can.
Oh they are extremely vicious, when need be. The scary part is how careful and deliberate they can be. Insidious is a good word to describe the group.

Alright. Finished fixing my backstory.
It fits much better now.

JustifiedRoles JustifiedRoles
Your character's backstory doesn't fit with the timeline (check the first post of the OOC for the timeline). The soonest Delta could have taken action would have been 2 years ago, 3 at the most.

@ everyone else
If you got a like on your sheet your character is accepted and you can now post in the IC. This first part is just a bit of setting up, establishing who's where in the world doing what. If you need any information from me don't hesitate to ask. I like to start of a bit slow to make sure everyone grasps the world before throwing conflict into the mix.

First of all, I want to say that this concept is very, very cool. I've been looking for a "darker" Pokémon roleplay to sink my teeth into for a long time. I sure hope there's room for another player!

Another thing- if you're planning to be on the League's side in the conflict (which I'm going to be) it is alright to be a canon character, right? I thought I'd ask before I went into the process of making a character sheet.

First of all, I want to say that this concept is very, very cool. I've been looking for a "darker" Pokémon roleplay to sink my teeth into for a long time. I sure hope there's room for another player!

Another thing- if you're planning to be on the League's side in the conflict (which I'm going to be) it is alright to be a canon character, right? I thought I'd ask before I went into the process of making a character sheet.
I do allow canon characters, yes. They don't even need to be working with the league, it's just highly likely they would be. What character are you thinking you want to use?

I do allow canon characters, yes. They don't even need to be working with the league, it's just highly likely they would be. What character are you thinking you want to use?

Alright, that's what I thought- thanks for clearing that up! Being a Unova lover at heart, I was thinking somewhere along the lines of Shauntal, Elesa or possibly N. N would open up the "legendary" fan of worms, though, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on that.

Alright, that's what I thought- thanks for clearing that up! Being a Unova lover at heart, I was thinking somewhere along the lines of Shauntal, Elesa or possibly N. N would open up the "legendary" fan of worms, though, so I'd love to hear your thoughts on that.
N is a no for now. He was aboard the plasma fleet when it was destroyed by Delta and is currently supposed to be dead.

Shauntal and Elesa I haven't mentioned anywhere so just run by me what you have planned for what they've been doing the past few years up to now, including why they weren't at the PWT.

N is a no for now. He was aboard the plasma fleet when it was destroyed by Delta and is currently supposed to be dead.

Shauntal and Elesa I haven't mentioned anywhere so just run by me what you have planned for what they've been doing the past few years up to now, including why they weren't at the PWT.

Alright, fair enough. I wasn't sure if he was still traveling abroad after the events of B2W2, so I thought I'd be sure. That still leaves me with two people I'd very much like to play. ^^

I've been thinking about potential reasons why they wouldn't be able to attend the PWT. Seeing as Shauntal is a member of her region's Elite Four, I can't see any reason why she wouldn't go outside of falling ill, which seems a bit too fortuitous to me. However, Elesa also has a lucrative modeling career, so I could see her abstaining the tournament if she had an important shoot to attend. I see her as the kind of person who is often fully booked between her two lives. She has to make sacrifices every now and then. After what happens at the tournament, I'm sure she feels an incredible amount of survivor's guilt...

So anyway, what are your thoughts?

Alright, fair enough. I wasn't sure if he was still traveling abroad after the events of B2W2, so I thought I'd be sure. That still leaves me with two people I'd very much like to play. ^^

I've been thinking about potential reasons why they wouldn't be able to attend the PWT. Seeing as Shauntal is a member of her region's Elite Four, I can't see any reason why she wouldn't go outside of falling ill, which seems a bit too fortuitous to me. However, Elesa also has a lucrative modeling career, so I could see her abstaining the tournament if she had an important shoot to attend. I see her as the kind of person who is often fully booked between her two lives. She has to make sacrifices every now and then. After what happens at the tournament, I'm sure she feels an incredible amount of survivor's guilt...

So anyway, what are your thoughts?
So long as you give me an idea what they've been doing the past few years I'm fine with either.

And keep in mind that unless they've spoken with Blue, anyone not at the PWT to witness what happened would only have Delta's story (backed up by footage) that a legendary pokemon attacked the event and killed those in attendance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back