• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Poke`mon Redwood: A Collaborative Adventure

“Ah, Moonlight! You alright?!” Rosie squeaked startled once she heard Moonlight run into the door frame.

She was going to ask herself internally how distracted could she be to not notice it but Rosie was really no one to talk as she was bombarding herself with thoughts of Elias.

“Here, this isn’t much but should help the bump,” She sympathetically smiles while offering her the cold lemonade and gesturing to put it on her forehead.

Last edited:
Damian_Trainer_Card_2.png

"Tarton has a boardwalk?" Damian said, "I think I'll come too, I could use a Water Type"

Damian walked past them and out the door,

"Besides, Type advantage should really speed up trai-OOF!"

Damian was cut off as he too collided with something solid, however this thing chuckled as Damian attempted to pull his goggles back up, so that they weren't pinning his eyes shut. He then heard a voice that he had not heard in a long time.

"Serves you right" it said, "Leave it to you to wear safety goggles as a casual accessory"

"I'm sorry have we me-" Damian cut himself off this time as he returned the goggles to his forehead and saw just exactly who he was speaking to.

Marcus Trainer Card.jpg

"Wha? MARCUS?!" Damian said with a disbelieving smile, hugging the man in front of him.

"In the flesh" he replied simply,

"What are you doing here? Last I heard from you, you sent me a postcard from Kalos, you get sick of all the fancy cuisine and snooty dressers?" Damian chuckled as he spoke.

"That's the thing about traveling," he retorted, "you tend to go to different places"

"Ha ha ha..." Damian said giving him a look.

"I've been in Orbos for a while, but a friend of mine recently told me that I could find you in Tarton"

"Wait, a friend? You HAVE those?" Damian chuckled, but then his face turned to a look of confusion as he continued, "Wait how did your friend know how to find me? Do I know him? What's his name?"

Marcus shook his head,

"You don't know him, I have no fucking clue how he knew, but he does that kinda thing a lot and hasn't been wrong yet so..." Marcus finished his sentence by gesturing around Tarton, then he turned to Damian's friends and back to Damian.

"You gonna introduce me?" he said simply.

"Wha? Oh yeah. Marcus this is Moonlight, Tobi and Rosie" Damian said gesturing to each, "Moonlight, Tobi, and Rosie, this is Marcus, my older brother"

Both Damian and Marcus stood there, Damian with an eager grin, and Marcus with a look that conveyed no emotion in particular.

Last edited:
Tobi looked at him very curiously, and was honestly a little weirded out by him, but was able to prevent that from being obvious. "You've been to Kalos? Do you have any megastones?" Tobi wasn't sure if he came off rude asking, but he knew there wasn't really anywhere to get them in Orbos.

Tobias Full Trainer Card w tobi no hat w egg.png

1518767621519-png.401431

Rosie followed everyone out after giving Monlight her cold lemonade.

"O-oh! It's nice to meet you Mr. M-marcus!" Rosie introduced herself, almost curtseying to them.

"Gosh, so this is Mr. Damians older brother... I see where he gets his seriousness from... I'm glad he can still be a bit goofy, though, and that's also very important," Rosie thought to herself, waving at Marcus with a slight smile.

It was actually easier for her to smile thinking back on Damian and Tobias goof-balling around to get that beautiful blond god away from her.

Speaking of, Tobias rather perceptively asked a good question about Mega-stones! She wondered the same, though she saw no point in asking the same question twice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1518767635898-png.401432

"Wh-what the hell... Was all that about...?" The smug stud grumbled to himself as she stormed out of the Pokemon Center humiliated.

Not only did he fail to keep his promise to woo the first cute girl he saw, but did she just indirectly push her into the arms of another boy?

No... He saw how she looked at him... She was totally gawking at him, so how did that go wrong and end up with her admiring someone else?

Damn... This was going to be much harder than he thought...

He didn't directly give her his number because of that Rapper-gangsta wannabe, but he hoped she figured it out anyway...

He shook his head and decided he'd attempt to swoon another lady tomorrow if Pink didn't call. For now, it was time to get ready for the gym leader.

Elias has gone training!

Last edited:
I walk over to Tobi and grab his arm.

"let's go Tobi and get some pokemon so you can beat up that shithead so we can find my brother"

I noticed that he blushed when I grabbed his arm.

now that I am closer his hair does smell good. I think he uses girl shampoo and huh he's taller than me.

Then my ears perked up when I heard him say he travels I look over at the man.

"Hey, mister. you say you travel all over. have you seen a black hair red eye man by the name of Luther shadow?"

I ask the man all excitedly cuz maybe he has seen him and could point in the right direction

"good idea moony. you're smart to think of that."

1518903822057.png

Last edited:
Damian_Trainer_Card_2.png Marcus Trainer Card.jpg

"You've been to Kalos? Do you have any megastones?" Tobi said, seeming unsure about his question.

Marcus looked at him.

"No" he simply replied.

"What?" Damian said sounding surprised, "I would've thought you'd get one at east for Yggdrasil, especially after he got stomped by Blaine"

Damian chuckled at his joke as Marcus shot a sideways glare at his brother.

Their discussion was interrupted by Moonlight's excited voice.

"Hey, mister. you say you travel all over. have you seen a black hair red eye man by the name of Luther shadow?"

Marcus looked at her.

"One hell of a name" he said, "why you looking for him?"

"Whoa, is that your brother's name?" said Damian, "seems pretty standard compared to yours"

Damian and Marcus both awaited answers, Damian wearing a huge grin, and Marcus with his same emotionless look.

I give them both weird looks.

"uh..well he's my brother and I am looking for him cuz he's the only family I have left mine disowned me after trying to kill me."

I stated matter or facility to the man as I continued to hold onto Tobi's arm. squeezing it a little cuz it still hurts to talk about that.

"what do you mean Mr. Damian? why is Luther's name standard compared to mine? it's just a name"

1518903808671.png

Last edited:

"Well you're name is so kick ass I guess I expected your brothers name to be Star Implosion, or Omega Ruby or something like that..."

Damian trailed off, clearly thinking of other kick ass names...

Marcus gave Damian a sideways glance and then turned back to Moonlight.

"Yes, I know your brother" Marcus stated, invoking a surprised reaction from Damian as he snapped his head towards Marcus.

"Wait really?!" Damian half shouted, looking at Moonlight excitedly.

Moonlight's eyes went wide and she immediately let go of Tobi's arm, smiling from ear to ear.

"R-really!? Where is he!? Is he okay!? Is he nearby? how is he!?"

She looked around excitedly for a man fitting her brothers appearance as Chad laughed at her reaction.

To some she may have looked ridiculous, but there was no doubt how happy she was.

Tobi almost looked disappointed for a moment, but quickly changed his composure.

"Yeah that's great!" He chimed in.

Moon trainer card joltik slowpoke new look hat.pngTobias Full Trainer Card w tobi no hat w egg.png

Rosie beamed as Moonlight was over the moon this stranger seemed to know her big brother. She was a bit envious Moonlight already had leads where Rosie didn't really have any for her own at the moment, but of course that thought vanished in an instant as she knew the people who would know for sure if her big brother passed by were the gym leaders. If she thought this stranger might know of her elder brother, she would have also asked as well.

Hm... She new this whole gym challenge was a shot in the dark, but it was really all she had to go off of: She could not earn vast quantities of currency a moer efficient way than this.

If she was strong enough.

"He's fine" Marcus stated.

Damian waited eagerly for him to continue, but he never did, still maintaining his trademark expression.

Marcus looked at everyone staring at him and simply added,

"What?"

Moonlight looked at him almost disgustedly, but honestly she was just very confused.

"Where is my brother Marcus, If you know you need to tell me where he is! If you don't then tell me that you don't know. I'm a big girl, I can handle it, I just... Really... need my brother..."

Moonlight was trying very hard to be an adult, but he didn't seem to be taking this seriously at all to her. She started getting very sad as his blank expression ate away at her.

"What an asshole... It's alright Moony, I'm here for you." Chad said, trying to comfort her.

"Uh..." Tobi said looking from moonlight to Damian's brother, then to Damian.

"Sir she wasn't joking, her family shot off her Slowpoke's tail then threatened her and her friends. I wasn't there, but she told me all about it... she's not like us, she doesn't want to beat the poke`mon league or become a scientist or discover the unknown, she just wants to have a family again... If her brother's in some kind of trouble with the... law... Mr. I'm sure Moonlight doesn't mind." Tobi hoped that he could appeal to his better nature, but wasn't really sure if he was jumping the gun or not.

"If your parents tried to kill Damian and his poke`mon, would you want him to be alone?" He added.

Damian stood there, once again awkwardly as they grilled Marcus. Sure it's true that Marcus is generally a man of few words, but when asked questions that he COULD answer and were important he usually answered without hesitation. Was something wrong or had traveling really changed that much? Damian watched the group as he pondered this.

"They what?" Marcus asked, his face still conveying nothing, but his tone betraying him.

"Give me a second"

Marcus walked a little way away and pulled out his Pokegear, dialing a number.

He heard it connect.

"Luther...fine...they tried to kill her...they also threatened my brother, you know what I'm thinking...yeah hold on"

Marcus walked back over to them, and held the phone out to Moonlight.

"It's for you"

Moony in Tobi's Hat.pngLuther Trainer..pngTobi no Hat.pngMarcus_Sprite.pngAlternate Damian (not super tall).pngRosie Trainer..png

As moonlight took the phone she looked confused.

I wonder who this is?

“Hi Moonball, there’s a little red icon that looks like a square with a T.V. in it, can you press that please?

“Um… okay.” Moonlight looked for the button that the voice asked her to press, but wasn’t sure witch one he meant.

“It’s the little red icon on the screen, it looks like a television sweetie.” The voice persisted.

Oh that one! Moonlight thought as she saw it, and when she did press the icon, Luther’s face appeared on the screen.

“Hi Moonball, how’ve you been?”

When Moonlight saw the person on the other end, she recognized him immediately, even without having seen him in years, and her having been very young when he left, she couldn’t forget his face.

“I’ve been… okay… uh… yeah… uh… I made friends already. How about you?” Even though she was happy to see him, she couldn’t help but feel awkward. She didn’t really know what to say to him.

“I knew you would, you’ve always been the coolest, most beautiful girl around, and the smartest too. I’ve got some friends, yes, the guy who called me up, he’s my best friend. His name is Marcus.”

Luther’s voice was very calm, very soothing almost. Almost even quiet in a way, without being so.

Moonlight couldn’t help but laugh a little bit. I missed him so much. She thought.

“This is Tobi, he’s… uh… my… mmm...” Moonlight began to blush as she continued.

“…uh… my boyfriend… Oh, and Chad’s still around.”

Tobi looked a little awkward as he saw the man on the poke`gear’s face shift from calm, to rage for just a fraction of a moment, to worry, then to irritation, then back to calm. It was fast, but he caught enough to know he wasn’t sure he should be in this conversation, it seemed private.

Chad nerviously but quietly observed the situation.

Luther scares me. He thought to himself. I know he was my friend, but he still scares me and I really hoped that would go away when I saw him again…

"What? How’d that happen Moonball, how did you get a boyfriend?” Luther asked, making sure his composure was calm so as not to upset his sister.

“Uh… what? You mean Chad?” She asked, not sure what he was talking about.

“ What? No, I know he’s stuck to you like glue silly, the… boyfriend He clarified, letting his voice trail off a little while he internally began deciding how he wanted to handle this.

OH! Uh… umm… It sorta just happened… he like likes me… and I like like him back… He’s nice…” She was blushing a lot as she tried to find the words to explain something she herself didn’t fully understand yet, and glanced at Tobi, noticing that he had moved over to the other side of the group and was staring at something.

“Oh, and this is Rosie, and that’s Mr. Damian, they’re my other friends.” Moonlight added, noticing his reaction to her new boyfriend, she decided it might be a good idea to distract him with her other friends as sort of a boyfriend/brother buffer.

“Hmm… So you’re on your poke`mon journey huh? Where did you Start?” Luther asked strangely.

“Here in Tarton!” she responded excitedly. “Like two days ago, right Tobi?”

“So mom and dad live in Tarton now?” Luther asked.

“Uh… we started in Hueville Moon…” Tobi Corrected, unsure if that was the best call, but also not wanting Moonlight to get geographically confused.

“Oh we did? That’s right, sorry a lot has happened.” She re-stated.

“Yeah Tarton’s a different city.” Tobi added.

“Moonball, you’re talking to me remember? Luther interjected, intending to cut Tobi back out of the conversation.

“Oh, sorry brother. Uh… they live in Hueville.”

While looking for something to do while he waited for moonlight, Tobi noticed a small case lying on the ground where Marcus had been standing for his phone call, and approached it. He picked it up, and became speechless as he saw what was inside.

“Is the weather nice there?” Luther continued.

“Well it rains a lot… I love the rain…” She answered.

“What about snow? You love the snow too right?”

“Mmmhmm, yeah I love the snow too… but it doesn’t really snow up here… so… uh… how are you?” She asked awkwardly, noticing she’s only talked about herself so far.

“I’m well, even better now that you’ve found me. I can be there before tomorrow if you want to come with my friends and I.” He offered.

“Uh…” Moonlight looked at her brother, then looked toward Tobi, but noticed he was missing. Looking around she saw him standing up with a small case in his hands, looking at Marcus very excitedly. He didn’t even notice Moonlight looking around for him.

“Hey Marcus, are these Kanto badges REAL??? He asked.

“I can’t believe you have seven of them! You must be really good! My dad only ever bothered to get the Orbos Badges, and they’re all different now.”

Tobi was ecstatic, he just couldn’t stop talking.

“I’ve never seen Kanto badges in real life before, they’re so cool! Oh gosh, and they’re first editions! They stopped making these when Green became gym leader!”

Moonlight frowned at Tobi, feeling a little sad.

“What the fuck dude, why are you ignoring your girlfriend? If I could touch you I would kick your ass!” Chad said as he hugged Moonlight around the shoulders, glaring at Tobi.

“…It’s okay Chad… I’m not upset…” Moonlight lied. Chad then noticed Luther staring at him, and quickly dropped his arms to his sides.

“Moonball, what’s wrong?” Luther asked, concerned.

“Uh… nothing bro… I’m ok… uh… Tobi’s just excited about badges…” She half lied, being upset, but also knowing that Tobi was indeed just excited about the badges.

“No you’re not Moony.” Chad said matter of factly.

“Shut it Chad…” She countered.

“You know, I’ve always been able to tell when you’re upset… I’ll come get you. He decided.

“Everything is okay big brother… Uh, I wanna watch Tobi kick Axel’s ass at the gym.” She said, unsure if he meant he was coming to get her now. How fast could poke`mon fly anyway?

“Please don’t lie to me, you know I love you.” Luther said in an attempt to comfort.

“I know, and I love you too.” She responded.

“Oh, I guess that means you’ll have trouble finding a first edition earthbadge… although it’s kinda hard to find any first edition Kanto badges anyway because trainers like to keep theirs.

Did you know, that before Green, the earth badge was given out by Giovanni, the Team Rocket Mob boss?” Tobi continued.

Marcus patted his pockets nonchalantly to make sure the badges were in fact his, then held out his hand for them, to which Tobi gave them up and blushed, embarrassed to have “nerded out” so feverishly.

“I’m surprised you even knew what they were kid.” Marcus commented as he pocketed them.

“Me and Damian Both did our Gym Challenges in Kanto.” He clarified

WHAT??? I thought Damian was a new trainer! How many badges did you get Damian?”

He turned excitedly toward Damian for an answer, but Damian just chuckled while blushing, embarrassed.

“None…”

“Wait… why did dad have to give you your license then… did you do something wrong?” He added, concerned.

“He went East from Cinnibar instead of West when he started out and got in the way over his head.” Marcus explained.

“I ended up giving up for uh… personal reasons…” Damian said, looking sad as he did.

Tobi looked awkward and placed his attention back on Marcus.

“Did you get any Kalos badges while you were there?

How come you stopped at the volcano badge?

Did you ever have to fight Team Rocket?

Did you meet Red or Green when they were my age?

Are ghost poke`mon in Kanto really uncatchable without special glasses?

Was there really a Marowak ghost?

Was it just an alolan marowak or was it a real ghost, but just a normal marowak?

Have you ever been to the safari zone? Did you get to see the mewtwo?” Tobi continued, clearly unable to contain himself.

“You wanna take a breath so I can answer one of those?” Marcus said.

“If I take a bunch of breaths will you answer all of ‘em ‘cuz I might hyperventilate either way.” Tobi asked, unsure if he was even joking about the breathing issue.

“Just breathe kid, I’ll answer your questions.” Marcus continued with a smirk.

“Okay.” Tobi said as he waited patiently for his answers.

“I hope you can tell me what’s wrong when I see you tonight, Go ahead and give the gear back to Marcus Moonball, I’ll be there before it gets dark, so be at the poke`mon center when night falls alright?” He was concerned for certain, there was no way to tell what type of influence a boyfriend might have on a naive girl like Moonlight.

“Nothing is wrong brother… I’m just not used to this… dating thing… so I don’t know how to act… around him… he’s really cute… and nice… and I’m me…” She admitted self consciously.

“You’re perfect Moonball, never forget that. We’ll talk more tonight okay? I’ve got to talk to Marcus now, but I’ll see you very soon.”

“…Okay…” Moonlight finished the conversation, walking over to Marcus, feeling a little sad, and holding the poke`gear out to him.”

“First, a baseline of chronology, I went on my journey six years before Damian, who left one year before Red and Green. So no, I didn’t meet them when they were YOUR age, but I did meet Red’s mother, nice lady. Healed my bulbasaur after my first training session.

I fought with Team Rocket numerous times, I was actually in Lavender Town when they killed Mother Marowak, and she wasn’t Alolan, I can’t shed any light on the ghost stories themselves though…”

Marcus paused for a moment to ponder on something.

Oh my god he’s so cool! He’s just like the characters in those Steven Wingal movies, a poke`mon trainer who fight’s bad guys no matter how dangerous! No wonder he dresses so… gangster? He’s probably some sort of loose cannon baddass too… I wish I had a brother like that… Tobi thought.

“Actually now that I think about it, you could catch the ghost types just fine before Mother Marowak died…

Anyway, I have been to the Safari Zone, and I haven’t seen Mewtwo.” A flash of irritation came to his face and left, too quickly for the young boy or even Damian to really notice.

After a moment, Tobi made another inquiry.

“Oh… you never said why you didn’t try to get the earth badge.” He reminded.

Tobi Reeled with excitement, awe and envy obvious on not just his face, but on Damian’s as well, who’s jaw had dropped at least as low as Tobi’s at this point in the story.

“You sure you wanna know?” Marcus ask seriously.

Tobi’s face also became serious, or perhaps more determined, and he nodded.

Damian joined in the nodding, but did so quite fervorously.

“By the time I reached Giovanni’s gym for the second time, I had already become quite the thorn in Team Rocket’s side.

When I got there his gym trainers jumped me, sending out all of their poke`mon at once, then when I sent out my team to defend myself, a second team came out of nowhere and mowed us all down with automatic weapons…

I survived only because Yggdrasil threw himself over me…”

Tobi looked absolutely horrified by this.

“But… how come the police didn’t arrest them?”

“He covered it up, and I didn’t try to press the issue. I’m gonna find the bastard myself.”

Tobi looked really confused and upset by this.

I guess he really is like those movies, right down to the fallen loved ones that sent him into his rule not playing by frenzied...

“Sorry…” Tobi said, unsure of how else to respond.

“It was a long time ago…” Marcus stated.

“That’s why I was in lavender town when Mother Marowak was killed…”

At this point Moonlight had finished her conversation and approached Marcus, offering him his poke`gear, which he took, and looking at Tobi, grabbing his hand.

“…Can we get poke`mon now Tobi?”

“Yeah, what’s wrong?” Tobi asked, trying his best to hide how upset he was at Marcus’ origin story.

Moony in Tobi's Hat.pngLuther Trainer..pngTobi no Hat.pngMarcus_Sprite.pngAlternate Damian (not super tall).pngRosie Trainer..png

" uh nothing wrong... well..uh...can we talk..alone?"

"Uhh... sure"

I lead him away from people and look down nervously

"uh...d-do..you really like like me Tobi? or do you..umm..like like Rosie..cuz she pretty..and girly..and I'm well..weird...and..a handful..cuz I cant..or don't know how to do things...?"

" Umm... I like you.why do you think I like Rosie?"

"uh... well because she's pretty... and the way she looked at you... uh... I don't know... I mean look at her..she tiny... and smart...and...knows how to talk to people... and I'm mean.. I don't know.. let's get Pokeballs... I'm sorry... I'm being dumb again."

I smile at him trying to stop the conversation because I'm sounding rude. Tobi takes his jacket off and puts it on my shoulders.

"Your brave and fun and adorable and pretty and I'm your boyfriend. that makes every other girl just my friend. and I don't know what that means, but you make me feel funny and she doesn't so I don't know what that means either... does that make you feel better?"

He's looking at his feet and blushing the whole time as he talks to me. I smile and hug him.

"yep"

we walk back over and wait for them holding hands again. I am looking much happier now.

Moon_trainer_card_joltik_slowpoke_new_look_hat_and_coat.png
Tobias_Full_Trainer_Card_w_tobi_no_hat_or_coat_w_egg.png

Damian looked concerned as Marcus finished his story. He went to say something but held back as Marcus got his Pokegear back and stepped away to talk to Luther.

"Are you certain? I hear there's gonna be a storm rolling in, and by then it'll be too late to turn back...You want a postcard? You've never been one for keepsakes...What are the locals like? I'd like to make a good first impression...Any suggestions on where to ride out the storm?...How much of a problem will the Gloomy weather be there?...Alright Luther, thanks for the travel advice, see you soon"

Marcus hung up the phone and put it back in his pocket. Once he returned to the group, Damian spoke up.

"You never told us about your team..." Damian looked concerned and sad whereas Marcus had returned to his emotionless demeanor.

"Well it was too soon, then it was too late..." Marcus replied, "I didn't want you to be scared to go on your journey"

Damian hugged his brother once again, this time sorrowfully, and then wiped the beginnings of tears from his face.

"Alright, enough of this being sad shit" He chirped with newfound enthusiasm, "That boardwalk isn't going to tear itself apart!"

Damian pointed triumphantly in a direction and proclaimed, "TO THE BOARDWALK"

Marcus pointed in the correct direction,

"Boardwalk's that way Rotom Dex..."

1518984622284.png

Rosie smiled and remained silent during the conversation, she was very happy for Moonlight finally at least getting to speak to her elder brother, but... something felt... a bit strange... about the whole ordeal.

A random stranger (well, maybe not random to Mr Damian, of course, being as he is his older brother, but to Moonlight he definitely should have been a random stranger) appears out of the blue, not even looking for her, and ends up actually knowing her brother who ran away to... The Kanto region?!

That has to be some luck!

...Or maybe not...

As their conversation went on, Rosie at first wanted to be supportive of the relationship she suspected between Moonlight and Tobi now in fact being confirmed, as she knew all too well how it felt, but...

Why didn't Luther exchange numbers with Moonlight...?

At first Luthur reminded her of her own elder bother, but... Something wasn't quite fitting in... There was something... off... about that guy...

Rosie didn't feel safe and secure like she did with her own big brother, but instead felt anxious... Like she was just waiting for whatever bad that was on the horizon to just get over with already...

Of course, Moonlights smiling face during the conversation made it easier to hide, and Dulcina's yawns throughout it added to that, so maybe not all was wrong in the Rose-tinted world of the small brunette trainer.

Marcus sort of made everything worse during this... Revenge on Giovanni...? Mewtwo who? Yggdrasil?

Come to think of it... How did this guy know Mr. Damian would be here?

Did... Did Marcus come here for Moonlight?

Rosie never dreaded nightfall more than she did now...

To her horror, afterwards, Tobias got dragged away by girlfriend, which Rosie understood... She just didn't wish that entailed her staying behind with two adults... one of which was very intimidating!!

"Wait! Pl-please don't leave me alone with... them..." Rosie pleaded internally, but waved weakly as a sign of respecting their alone time.

Thankfully, they came back soon, and Rosie was able to breathe again. she wondered what they talked about, but her propriety won over her curiosity so she didn't even hint she was curious.

Unfortunately, a lot of worry and doubt within her made it hard for Rosie to pay attention to much, but she did catch that there would be a storm later on, so any training they would have to get done would have to get done very soon....

Out of her concern for others, she wondered if Elias was going to be alright later on...

She'd have to sneak away from the group and call him when she could...

Last edited:
"Actually Damian, Moonlight and I are going to go to the poke'mart first to get her some poke`balls. I gave her enough to buy six since she lost all of her money to Rosie in a poke`mon battle. By the way Rosie, I was going to ask you why you took so much of her money... that doesn't seem like you."

Moonlight looked confused for a second. "No silly, I told you I gave her all my money to fix her bathroom because I broke it during a poke`mon battle, I didn't say I gave it to Rosie for winning. I didn't battle her I was catching little nightmare."

"Joltik live in her bathroom??? Does she have a TURBO TOILET???" Tobi asked confused. "I know my dad just releases them, and I know he releases a lot, but they usually stay by the lab because of the equipment..."

"Uh... I stole it from the professor's lab and smuggled it into Rosie's house by accident. I meant to try to catch it before we got settled in but I forgot about him cuz he took a nap in the zippy pouch."

"Oh, I guess that's different then. Never mind, we're still going to the poke`mart first though."

Rosie hung her head, looking away at Tobias' misunderstanding, not really perking up even when Moonlight clarified, but that was just her meek nature anyway. "Hahi! That reminds me, I almost forgot!" Rosie fished out her money from her purse and gave Moonlight the $375 extra she didn't need for the repair bill, smiling and saying, "The repairman said the bill would be $625. You can have this back..."

What's a Hahi...? Did she make her own catchphrase...? Tobi wondered, normally thinking it was cool idea, he thought hers needed work.

"Oh, I thought it would cost more than that. I totally wrecked your bathroom..." Moonlight said, still a little guilty about the whole thing.

Rosie beamed at her and shook her head, "Nuh uh! They called this morning and said the average is $625, and even if it does end up being more, I'll just train and battle trainers for the rest, anyway, don't worry about it."

He turned and walked out of the poke`mon center with Moonlight in tow, and made his way to the nearest poke`mart, not too far west of the poke`mon center.

As he entered he went up to the counter with Moonlight and stood in line.

"So, poke`balls are 50 each, with 675 dollars you have enough for 13 of them, and poke'marts give you a free premier ball every time you buy 10, so I'd just go for ten unless you want more. I pretty much exclusively use poke`balls as far as battles go, although today I'm going to go hunting for some of those berries I saw Axel use after we train. When you go to Internationals, it helps to buy other items, or sometimes you need to buy certain items for certain things, but my dad never used healing items during any of his matches so I won't either. I want to be better than him some day, so I can't depend on crutches like that. The berries, that's just strategy, but why waste a turn using a potion or a revive when you should be able to depend on your other poke`mon getting the job done! Although, i guess i should still get them for long journeys away from cities..." he sort of trailed off as he thought about whether or not potions were also strategy, or if maybe berries were a crutch. It didn't really make sense for one to be, and the other not too now that he heard himself saying it out loud. He'd have to make a decision soon, if he wanted to be his own trainer.

"I don't know, I just don't want to use any on the gym leaders at least. I do need to save up money for a thunder stone now that i have a pikachu though. That's how you get a Raichu, which is like pikachu but way better. Pikachu can learn moves Raichu can't, but Raichu's stats are higher and on a level per level basis generally it's better to have a raichu. Unless the trainer with the pikachu is a better strategist, or happens to use a moveset or item that specifically counters other electric pokemon, raichu is going to beat out a pikachu of the same level the majority of the time."

Moonlight gave him a strange look, because she really didn't understand what he was talking about. Many of the things he was referring too, and even some of the words he used just weren't things she was taught about, or the definition to. She smiled at Tobi with a sense of admiration.

"Wow, you know a lot about pokemon, maybe you should become a teacher! I've never been to school so I'm glad that you're teaching me these things. You're so cool. I guess I'll get the ten and the one ball too so it's like eleven."

"Hey, I'm smart too you know, you don't gotta act like he's some special egg head or something..."

Moonlight looked at chad confused. "I never said you weren't smart Chad." "Good, cuz I am. Probably smarter than Tobi..."

Tobi blushed as she complimented him and felt strangely uncomfortable. "Well, I just know a lot from my dad and mom... I'd never be a teacher, dad says those that can't do, teach, and I want to do quite a bit. Of course I don't think he means that for everybody, he technically teaches now too. I think the expression means that if you can do something you shouldn't settle for teaching it because that's like making a compromise of your dreams..."

He was kind of sad when he thought about that. He knew dad gave up a lot shortly after he was born. He wondered if that's why he never got to spend much time with him...

Do you want to know my dream Tobi?" Moonlight asked, noticing Tobi looking a little blue. "My dream is to help you with your dream! Because you're my boyfriend and I like you a lot, and I want you to be happy, not sad."

Tobi was a little confused, and a little... something. He wasn't sure what. It was wierd, so wierd that he almost wanted to just leave the store without poke`balls and walk into the ocean, but he didn't.

"I'm not sad... and you should have your own dream." he said a little nervously. As they reached the counter the trainers got what they had come for, ten balls and a premier ball for Moonlight.

"I already did my dream, I found my brother, so... uhh... If it's gonna bug you I don't have to come... I can hang out with Luther until we see each other again." she replied, looking disappointed.

Oh no... I messed up... I don't want him to think I'm clingy... Fuck... "What an asshole, quick Moony, dump him before he dumps you!" Chad said intensely.

Moonlight shot chad a worried look, which a random shopper thought was for them, sliding slowly and awkwardly behind an isle.

"No, no, that's not what I meant!" Tobi started, still afraid of the consiquences of making her feel unwanted. "I don't mind the company, I just think you should have other goals besides helping me is all. You can come, I'd like it." Tobi added, hoping to correct how he seemed to make her feel.

Meanwhile, during their encounter, Rosie had been looking around for something, and ended up asking the shop keeper if said something was available, and Damian got poke`balls of his own.

As they were set to leave the shop, Rosie stopped them.

"A-ah! Actually, guys, I-I'd like to go shop for a swim suit before training with Poseidon... You know he'll douse me when he wants, and I'd rather be prepared for that..."

Rosie chuckled, thinking back on yesterdays events, taking out a pretty notepad from her purse and scribbling her poke`gear number and gives the pieces with her number on them to Moonlight and Tobias.

"Please call me as soon as you guys are at the boardwalk, I'll be there shortly, I promise."

"Okay." "Okay."

The young trainers agreed, taking the numbers and heading to the boardwalk. As they arrived at the parking area Tobi pointed away from the boardwalk itself. "That's where the grass is, so that's where the poke`mon are since none of us can surf, and trying to catch poke`mon while swimming is dangerous. Plus you're not supposed to swim here, I asked earlier. If one of you has a fishing rod though we can try to catch poke`mon off the boardwalk, and I was hoping since Damian and Marcus are older, they might own a rod since they're way to expensive for us to get our hands on for a while. Dad said a lot of the time trainer's that don't travel anymore will give them out to new trainers they meet and become friends with, but I don't really plan on walking around the boardwalk hasseling fishermen like some sort of parasite. I'd rather ask to barrow one for a little bit if one of you happens to have one. All that's in the grass for water poke'mon that I found so far is psyduck and wingull, and although I am going to get a wingull if i can, I'd like to fish up something better if possible."

Tobi wasn't expecting anything from the older trainers, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask before getting down and dirty for a second psyduck/wingull.

Tobias Full Trainer Card w tobi no hat or coat w egg.png

Last edited:
I walked away a bit and pull out my poke-gear and pull the map up. I see the woods, deciding to go to the woods instead.

"why would you say to break up with him chad?"

" because you keep being afraid he's going to dump you then you should do it first. he doesn't pay attention to you so whats the point anyway?"

"but he says he likes me.. do you think he's lying?"

"hmm..i don't know but your the best so probably not and everyone probably likes you."

"well... not everyone... but I get what you're trying to say. let's go get some pokemon."

we enter the woods and I look around with a smile breathing in the air.

Moonlight looking for pokemon.

I looked around inside the grass for a while and eventually found a little acorn looking pokemon with little feet. The poke-gear said it was a seedot, lvl 5. I grab chads arm and smile.

"chad... I want it..."

"I don't know moony it looks stupid. besides, I thought you were looking for a bird."

"chad it is not stupid and I have eleven balls so I can get more than a bird."

I pulled out my two balls thinking and I throw out little nightmare.

"pin it to the ground little nightmare with spiderweb"

As I said that the seedot just stood there not moving.

"see moony it's broken. pokemon aren't saposta do that."

"shut up chad the poke-gear said it's using bide."

"nightmare paralyze him with thunder wave"

it showed that it worked so I threw my ball at her The ball broke and I sighed but so did the seedot.

"see his still standing there"

"shut up chad so are you"

I pull out my dopey ball.

"nightmare, come back dopey get him tackle him"

The seedot went first even tho it still just stood there. dopey hit him taking down a little hp.

"again"

This time when the seedot stands there some steam comes out the bottom of her acorn top.

"look, it finally did something different and it's still NOTHING!"

"shut up, fuck you. one more time tackle"

Same results.

"Hmm, she did it again. I wonder what that means"

"It means she's useless also still not a bird"

I shoot him a look and pull out a ball tossing it at her.

"come on let me love you."

The ball shook once and clicked I smiled at ran over picking it up.

"HAHA Yes! got another and it's a girl imma name you seedy."

I let her out and picked her up.

"Hello, seedy. I am going to take good care of you. were going to be best friends"

she looked at me and rattles and I smiled more

"omg, she rattles so cutely."

I put them back in the balls and noticed that both dopey and little nightmare got 15 XP from battling her.

"wow dopey almost another lvl see it's a good thing we got her"

sticking my tongue at chad as we continued we go deeper into the woods looking for berries in case I find some birds. I also go pick some any remembering what Tobi said. After looking around for a bit I still didn't find any berries but sent I was in the tall grass, another pokemon showed up. This one was a little orange bug with a horn and a stinger and a whole bunch of feet. The gear said I was called a weedle lvl 7.

"holy crap.! It's lvl 7 why is it out here alone at that lvl?"

" still not a bird"

" imma smack the shit out of you Chad. I know it's not a bird is not dumb you dummy, its a worm..birds eat them. cuz their cannibals! "

" nightmare go spider web."

weedle uses string shot.

"huh, it knows what nightmare knows. thunder wave"

he hit and it worked weedle uses poison sting. nightmare is poisoned and losses hp not just from the sting but from the poison too. I make a face he's not in the yellow yet but almost.

"come back dopey use tackle on the worm"

weedle used string shot on dopey when I sent him out, again uses string shot before dopey uses Tackle. it didn't do much damage but I throw the ball at him hoping it will work. it does work. The pokegear said they both get 26 XP and dopey levels up to four.

"haha, you little fucker. an ill name you... venom."

I see a Pikachu and I run from it. after a while, I find the berry trees.I use my pokegear to find out what they are. I picked 6 Oran berries and 3 Pecha berries not finding any more. I read what they do and I give nightmare a Pecha berry to use not to hold which cured him of his poison. We continued in the forest as I look for a bird pokemon I find a patrat and I run from it. I find another weedle and I run from that too.

"why are there no birds in here!?"

Just as I say that I run into another Worm Its called a catterpie, I run from it.

"I'm not getting another fucking worm."

I run into a kakuna. It looks like a yellow beetle stuck to the bottom of a tree. I ignore it and I see a mushroom it reminded me of seedot and then another dam patrat. I groan in frustration.

"Chad find the birds. I wanna go back to Tobi"

"I cant moony I stuck to you"

We come across oddish, ekens, kricketot, caterpie, poochyena which I would try to catch if I was not scared of it. we come across a bellsprot. I sigh

"ok we're done let's go back I'm tired," I said as its super late at night.

trying to avoid battle

I walk back the way I think I came into the forest trying to avoid tall grass. As much as I try there are still places where I can only walk In tall grass. one of these time I run into a budoof. I run from it and run to another oddish, zigzagoon, kricketot.

"chad... I'm tired"

"what do you want me to do. you're the one that wanted a bird."

I was about to sit under a tree to go to sleep when I found the way out.

"YAYAYAYAY I made it out. wow it's late I hope I didn't worry Tobi"

As I say this I see Mr. Damina pop out next to me scaring the shit out me and I scream when he spooks me.

1519017668777.png

Attachments

• 1519017003031.png
    1519017003031.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

"Oh yeah, I need some Pokeballs too" Damian said as Tobi mentioned stopping by the Pokemart.

They didn't spend too long there, Damian purchased the same thing as Moonlight, 10 Pokeballs and was rewarded with a complimentary Premier Ball. When they went to leave Rosie said she was gonna look for a swimsuit and asked the rest of the group to call when they got to the boardwalk.

"I have an Old Rod and a Super Rod" Marcus said.

"Yeah, and I also have an Old Rod" Damian says shortly after.

"Wait, you do?" asked Marcus.

"Yeah, I found it on the beach in Kanto" replied Damian.

"Oh, well then here Tobi, you can keep this one," Marcus said handing him the Old Rod, "I only brought it so I could give it to Damian, It only catches Magikarp, but raising a low level Magikarp builds character"

Damian smirked and looked over at Moonlight, who he now noticed was gone. He sighs and turns to Tobi and Marcus.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna go find Moonlight,you guys just chill here and I'll be back"

Marcus nodded to Damian, and then looked around spotting a tree big enough to hide Pokemon.

Damian walks into town

Marcus Trainer Card.jpg

"If you're looking for something higher level, I can have Wrath Headbutt that tree..."

Marcus awaited an answer, grabbing a Pokeball from the inside of his jacket.

Tobi was speechless as he was given an old rod. He didn't expect that at all, in fact, he was genuinely trying not to be a mooch and somehow he still ended up with his very own rod! He was fighting tears staring at the old rod.

I wish dad had taught me how to fish...

Then he heard Marcus offer to help him by headbutting trees.

"Perfect! That'll cut my training time down If we do this right!" As he proceeded to know poke`mon from the tree he saw a wild kakuna, bad for catching since he had a spinarak already, and honestly preferred ariados to beedrill, but great for experience! he switched from Skitter to Bill and beat it senseless with water gun, knowing that hardening it's defense wouldn't matter for a special attack move.

He caught a few, and he fainted a few, and figured it was time to move on to the water. hesitating, he decided to check the grass first, and after K.O.ing a few poke`mon he didn't want, he caught something helpful.

"Marcus... I don't know how to fish...." He said a little shyly. "Can you teach me...?" To his surprise, and his delight, Marcus agreed. He felt a little silly thinking so but it was almost... Paternal, the way he saw Marcus. Honestly if it didn't make him feel so good that he was getting so much attention from such a cool trainer, he would have felt bad... and was honestly starting to before landing a poke`mon on his rod.

He was a little unsure of himself because he'd encountered poke`mon before, but he'd never been in a situation like this, and was really afraid to look stupid, but Marcus was a patient teacher it turned out, and guided him.

In fact, they were getting along so well that he even learned that his Marowak was one of the mother marowak's children, and Tobi shared stories of his childhood, the parts where his parents still lived together, leaving out the fact that they no longer do. He completely lost track of time, and it even took long enough to where Rosie had arrived from her business shortly after he was finished fishing.

He ended up catching two poke`mon with the use of his new rod, and decided he would train his pikachu against he wingull here before moving on to Tarton cave.

Once Scamp was the desired level, he turned to Marcus.

"Hey Marcus... Thanks." He said looking at his feet. "If I finish my training in time, I'm going to battle the gym leader tonight... again... if you want to wait for me at the poke`mon center after i leave for Tarton cave, I'll come back and you can watch me challenge him... if you want... " He offered nervously. "Oh, and you can come too Rosie, of course." He added as an afterthought, almost forgetting she had caught up.

To his surprise, Marcus agreed, and excitedly, and he would have given Marcus a hug, if not for the fact that Rosie was present. Embarrassed at the thought, he didn't say anything all the way to the poke`mon center, and parted ways with Marcus after healing his poke`mon, and moving his team around, putting the now fully trained scamp away to keep room for his egg. The then left again to train, heading for Tarton Cave.

As he finally left Tarton Cave, he felt his training went well. It took a lot longer than expected and was around 4 am when he finally reached the poke`mon center, seeing two familiar faces before even entering.

"Late night for you two as well?" he called out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back