• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Shattered World OOC Thread

What’s the deal with moves? Do they exist or is it more just a trainer saying to “shoot water that way” or something?

What’s the deal with moves? Do they exist or is it more just a trainer saying to “shoot water that way” or something?

All known Pokemon moves exist, and as was stated in the Interest Check the Pokemon can learn any move that is compatible with their physical anatomy. So a Pokemon like Charmander for instance could learn any and all of the following (and possibly more):

Scratch, Tail Whip (physical move, not "defense lowering" move), Bite, Roar, Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Body Slam, Stomp, Cut, Dig, Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush, Fury Swipes, Sand Attack (literally kick up sand), Lick, Pound, Quick Attack, Rage, Seismic Toss, Skull Bash, Slash, Tackle Take Down, and basically any Fire-based technique except Sacred Fire and Eruption (both of which are either specific to one Pokemon or are too advanced for a younger Pokemon to make use of).

Make sense?

If they're physically capable of performing it, then they can do it. But it must be compatible with their anatomy. Grass Pokemon cannot use water moves, electric moves, etc. Fire Pokemon can't use grass, water, electric, etc.

If you're uncertain about whether or not a Pokemon you have or want to capture is capable of using a certain move, ask me and I'll let you know if I think it's okay to let it use said move.

All known Pokemon moves exist, and as was stated in the Interest Check the Pokemon can learn any move that is compatible with their physical anatomy. So a Pokemon like Charmander for instance could learn any and all of the following (and possibly more):

Scratch, Tail Whip (physical move, not "defense lowering" move), Bite, Roar, Mega Punch, Mega Kick, Body Slam, Stomp, Cut, Dig, Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush, Fury Swipes, Sand Attack (literally kick up sand), Lick, Pound, Quick Attack, Rage, Seismic Toss, Skull Bash, Slash, Tackle Take Down, and basically any Fire-based technique except Sacred Fire and Eruption (both of which are either specific to one Pokemon or are too advanced for a younger Pokemon to make use of).

Make sense?

If they're physically capable of performing it, then they can do it. But it must be compatible with their anatomy. Grass Pokemon cannot use water moves, electric moves, etc. Fire Pokemon can't use grass, water, electric, etc.

If you're uncertain about whether or not a Pokemon you have or want to capture is capable of using a certain move, ask me and I'll let you know if I think it's okay to let it use said move.
Hmmm... So TM moves don't count if they are such a completely far off type? If I wanted to teach my hypothetical Dragonite Ice Beam, it wouldn't be able to do it? Or Thunder? And my Meganium can or cannot use Earthquake and Sunny Day (because technically Sunny Day is a fire-type move)?

Also, do you mind if I use Professor Oak to help me intro Cross? He's your NPC, so I figured I should at least ask first

Hmmm... So TM moves don't count if they are such a completely far off type? If I wanted to teach my hypothetical Dragonite Ice Beam, it wouldn't be able to do it? Or Thunder? And my Meganium can or cannot use Earthquake and Sunny Day (because technically Sunny Day is a fire-type move)?

Also, do you mind if I use Professor Oak to help me intro Cross? He's your NPC, so I figured I should at least ask first

Dragons are unique case as they're capable of wielding a variety of elements. It's one of the reason they're usually considered "mythical" or "pseudo-Legendary" Pokemon. Their versatility and power makes them incredibly dangerous and powerful.

Certain types of moves which are not anatomically governed will be allowed like Sunny Day for Grass Types. It's a fire-type move, but it is not actually a fire-dominated technique. It enhances the sun's rays to help them gather energy for Solar Beam and such. Earthquake as well is a technique which doesn't endanger Meganium since Meganium serves as the epicenter from which the attack spreads out.

But grass types can't use flamethrower no matter what because they'd catch themselves on fire and defeat themselves. Water Pokemon can't use Thunder no matter what because they'd electrocute themselves and defeat themselves. Make sense?

If the move makes sense and doesn't endanger them type-wise such as Sunny Day for grass-types then you should be safe. But if you are uncertain then ask me and I will tell you whether or not I think the move is valid for the Pokemon in question.

Also yes, you may use Professor Oak. He's not my NPC. He's everyone's NPC if they need him. Same with any of the other Professors.

Last edited:
ChoShadow ChoShadow
Heyo. Just wanted to give a small update thing. I really want to be part of this, but I think I'm gonna have to drop off this band wagon. I absolutely love the idea and everything, but I just don't think that I'll be able to make the cut in terms of writing. Sorry about that. Good luck with everything though.

ChoShadow ChoShadow
Heyo. Just wanted to give a small update thing. I really want to be part of this, but I think I'm gonna have to drop off this band wagon. I absolutely love the idea and everything, but I just don't think that I'll be able to make the cut in terms of writing. Sorry about that. Good luck with everything though.

No worries. Take care.

ChoShadow ChoShadow

Good GM, might I add some other Pokemon in Travis's team? Just two others if that's alright? I'll make sure to get them approved too.

They won't appear on the current situation, of course, since I've made it clear that he only brought his Ivysaur.

ChoShadow ChoShadow

Good GM, might I add some other Pokemon in Travis's team? Just two others if that's alright? I'll make sure to get them approved too.

They won't appear on the current situation, of course, since I've made it clear that he only brought his Ivysaur.

Depends on what they are. Let me know which ones you want and we'll see. Chances are I'll say yes, but let's be safe.

Last edited:
Depends on what they are. Let me know which ones you want and we'll see. Chances are I'll say yes, but let's be safe.

Just a Machoke and a Darmanitan - both used for the heavier lifting in his job that his Ivysaur's finesse can't do.

I wasn't really sure about whether you wanted to get an actual fight fight out of the Ariados, but I just kinda went for it all for the sake of getting this post finally, well, posted. Hopefully it's okay.

I wasn't really sure about whether you wanted to get an actual fight fight out of the Ariados, but I just kinda went for it all for the sake of getting this post finally, well, posted. Hopefully it's okay.

It was okay, though you skimmed over the trip a bit more than you probably should have. The trip from Vermillion to Pallet would have taken a good month and a half to two months to complete because this RP world is MUCH bigger than its video game counterparts.

So perhaps going back to edit and mention that the trip took a long time would be in order.

Other than that, you're fine. I'll get a post up tomorrow to reply to it.

ChoShadow ChoShadow have you looked through my sheet that I sent you? Does anything need changed or added on before I complete it?

Admittedly I have not had the chance to completely look through it. I have been swamped with work and writing music for requested RP and Character themes for other users on the site.

But I have tomorrow off so I will have time to check it tomorrow morning and get back to you with my final thoughts.

Admittedly I have not had the chance to completely look through it. I have been swamped with work and writing music for requested RP and Character themes for other users on the site.

But I have tomorrow off so I will have time to check it tomorrow morning and get back to you with my final thoughts.
Alright. Splendid.

Alright. Splendid.

Okay, I am looking over the profile as I write this out and here's what I see as I go through it:

1) Voice Type: Tenor (highest male voice)

2) Team Rocket is the only criminal organization in this RP world. The other "teams" do not exist because they're just generational rip offs of team rocket to keep true to the original Pokemon formula. So instead of Team Plasma attacking his hometown, it would be Team Rocket. They're a global criminal organization.

3) It would not cost their entire wealth to board a vessel headed for Kanto. If you want to force their loss of wealth it'll have to happen another way such as choosing to donate it all save what they know they'll need to get to Kanto as a means to erasing any potential money trails for Team Rocket or other family enemies to follow. Just one of many possible suggestions for what you could do here.

4) And lastly, he would have no problems becoming a Trainer even after his relocation to Pallet whether or not he had obtained citizenship. Becoming a Trainer is a universally open path so long as a proper background check is done before the test to attain one's license is attempted. Once you're cleared with a background check, making sure you have no criminal record for instance, you're free to take the test and citizenship of the region does not apply. The Pokemon League doesn't discriminate in that way.

That's about all I see that needs any sort of adjustment. Small bits here and there mostly. If you need any help or suggestions feel free to reply and ask away. I'm at my computer and will be for most of the day so chances are I'll reply in a matter of minutes.

Okay, I am looking over the profile as I write this out and here's what I see as I go through it:

1) Voice Type: Tenor (highest male voice)

2) Team Rocket is the only criminal organization in this RP world. The other "teams" do not exist because they're just generational rip offs of team rocket to keep true to the original Pokemon formula. So instead of Team Plasma attacking his hometown, it would be Team Rocket. They're a global criminal organization.

3) It would not cost their entire wealth to board a vessel headed for Kanto. If you want to force their loss of wealth it'll have to happen another way such as choosing to donate it all save what they know they'll need to get to Kanto as a means to erasing any potential money trails for Team Rocket or other family enemies to follow. Just one of many possible suggestions for what you could do here.

4) And lastly, he would have no problems becoming a Trainer even after his relocation to Pallet whether or not he had obtained citizenship. Becoming a Trainer is a universally open path so long as a proper background check is done before the test to attain one's license is attempted. Once you're cleared with a background check, making sure you have no criminal record for instance, you're free to take the test and citizenship of the region does not apply. The Pokemon League doesn't discriminate in that way.

That's about all I see that needs any sort of adjustment. Small bits here and there mostly. If you need any help or suggestions feel free to reply and ask away. I'm at my computer and will be for most of the day so chances are I'll reply in a matter of minutes.
I will make these changes after I get home from work. I finally get a day off after today.

Is this roleplay dead, or would people be interested in reviving it?

I would definitely be interested in reviving it, as I love the concept and characters I came up with and have always wanted to bring their story to completion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back