• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Shattered World OOC Thread

Sooooo this might be a little weird but Pokémon reproduce through eggs in the games. Ya know, even the mammalian looking ones. Soooo... Are they all Platypi, in which they are mammals that lay eggs?

Sooooo this might be a little weird but Pokémon reproduce through eggs in the games. Ya know, even the mammalian looking ones. Soooo... Are they all Platypi, in which they are mammals that lay eggs?

Not that odd of a question at all.

Mammalian Pokemon will reproduce in a mammalian fashion through birth of live young. Reptilian, avian, insectoid, and amphibious Pokemon will reproduce through eggs. So go by realistic counterpart reproductive processes. When in doubt, ask me.

The thought just kind of popped into my head as I was laying in bed and I just... "hmmm. That's a thing. I should ask about that."

Anyway I guess I'll just post that character sheet now, I can't think of anything else to add, soooo... yeah.

Well, I have some things for you to do!

Before I get into that stuff though, I'd like to say that Cross is interesting and I'm liking her basic premise as a character. So please don't take what I have to say below the wrong way. It's constructive criticism meant to help you better understand the RP's mechanics and understand where your character is truly meant to start because it seems that something was lost in translation along the way.

So I'd like to amend that, but I'll do that a bit later.

For now it's best to say that nobody can run between Blackthorn and New Bark Town in the span of a single night, let alone an implied handful of minutes. It's a several week-long journey in this RP as we're basically treating each Region as if they're roughly the size of the state of Texas in the US. They're HUGE. Remember how long it took Ash to get between one town and the next in the anime? Several episodes on average right? Same idea here. It's a LONG road around each Region.

So that part of the bio will need some adjustment. Maybe she ran from the mansion into the woods and was found by emergency responders who had to air-lift her to the nearest hospital where Professor Elm is visiting a friend who was injured in a recent Team Rocket attack? Just one idea of many I can think of for adjustments.

Also remember that Gym Leaders in this RP are incredibly powerful Trainers who rarely ever lose bouts. They're basically Pokemon League level competitors in this RP's lore, and it takes an obscene amount of experience and power to take them down. The Gym Challenge in this RP is basically an olympic-level competition in and of itself and is not meant for casual Trainers. Only the best dare take on the Gym Challenge. If she has taken it on in Johto then she'd be at the point where there'd be almost nothing left about Pokemon which defeats the purpose of the RP.

Now we get to where your character is really meant to start and where I think there was some kind of miscommunication.

This RP is meant more for you to abandon as much existing knowledge of Pokemon you're willing to let go of. I'm making allowances for an advanced start in the case of those who want to avoid having to start completely from scratch. But still I'd prefer that your character be left open to learning as much as humanly possible. If she's a Pokemon Gym Challenger (one who's beaten all 8 Gyms), she'd be an incredibly battle-hardened veteran with next to nothing left to learn and that's never any fun.

Given this I'd like you to ditch most of the final section of her profile talking about her taking on the Gym Challenge and such. Let her be a bit greener and enjoy the process of learning more about the world of Pokemon. That's where all of the fun is when we play the games after all... Learning as we play. Once we have learned all the game's secrets, it's a bore going back through with the only thrill being capturing a different team than last time. But that "fun" has its limits.

Make sense?

Lastly... That Dragonite in her team is a serious no-no.

That's about it!

Again I like the premise of Cross and what you were going for with her as a character. But there are some adjustments to be made to help her fit into this RP lore properly.

Okay... I can make some adjustments to her backstory. I was fairly sure that part would set off flags, but I figured I'd try.
Also no Dragonite?!
*gif of Darth Vader going "nooooo!" Because I can't post gifs on my phone for some reason*
Dragonair? Dratini?

Okay... I can make some adjustments to her backstory. I was fairly sure that part would set off flags, but I figured I'd try.
Also no Dragonite?!
*gif of Darth Vader going "nooooo!" Because I can't post gifs on my phone for some reason*
Dragonair? Dratini?

Pseudo-Legendaries are off limits during the RP's early stages, and that includes pre-evolutions. You'll have a chance to catch one later. Promise.

Is my character sheet good to go? I think I worked out most of the kinks I could find.

The Goomy is a pre-evolution of a pseudo-Legendary, so you'll have to remove that from the profile. Like I told explosiveKitten, you'll have a chance to capture Goomy at a later point in time in the RP. But starting the RP with a pseudo-Legendary or pre-evolution thereof is not allowed.

The Goomy is a pre-evolution of a pseudo-Legendary, so you'll have to remove that from the profile. Like I told explosiveKitten, you'll have a chance to capture Goomy at a later point in time in the RP. But starting the RP with a pseudo-Legendary or pre-evolution thereof is not allowed.

Jeez totally slipped my mind that Goodra was a pseudo so I’ll change that. Otherwise is he good to go?

ChoShadow ChoShadow

So I've been thinking while making my posts but would Travis be qualified to take another Pokemon? He probably has a desperate need for a Machop (which he needs to be a Machoke but he'll get to that).

I honestly thought that we weren't allowed more than one Pokemon to start with, if any at all.

Hey! Sorry for ghosting for awhile but I was super busy with class. But it didn't mean I wasn't thinking about this RP, and I thought about it quite a bit, and I've come to the conclusion that I just don't think this is the kind of RP I'm looking for. There's nothing wrong or bad about this RP, it's just my personal taste. I already removed my character sheet from the character list. I wish you guys the best of luck! Have fun with the roleplay!

ChoShadow ChoShadow

So I've been thinking while making my posts but would Travis be qualified to take another Pokemon? He probably has a desperate need for a Machop (which he needs to be a Machoke but he'll get to that).

I honestly thought that we weren't allowed more than one Pokemon to start with, if any at all.

I never limited anyone to only one Pokemon to start unless you are starting from scratch like Josephine is. That's when you only get one.

But if your character has been a Trainer for a while you're allowed to have more than one.

Hey! Sorry for ghosting for awhile but I was super busy with class. But it didn't mean I wasn't thinking about this RP, and I thought about it quite a bit, and I've come to the conclusion that I just don't think this is the kind of RP I'm looking for. There's nothing wrong or bad about this RP, it's just my personal taste. I already removed my character sheet from the character list. I wish you guys the best of luck! Have fun with the roleplay!

Good luck with your other RP endeavors!

I never limited anyone to only one Pokemon to start unless you are starting from scratch like Josephine is. That's when you only get one.

But if your character has been a Trainer for a while you're allowed to have more than one.

I see. I must have misunderstood. Ah well, at least it'll be fun to write about him training a new Pokemon. He's not someone who aims to defeat gyms anyway, so it'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back