• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Rise of Shadows

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
"Oh for the love of...! Venin, Come with me! Serenity, stay here and try to calm things down. I know you can do it, mama!" Alistair said as he ran off after Nathan and the Lati. He would be damned if he was going to allow this to go on any further, or lose anyone else for that matter. "My family is gone... no Mom, Dad, Jackson, or even Genesis... but I cannot let this go any further, we might lose another one if I do not step in."

Serenity shuffled over to Orion and Darin, and gently set her paws on their heads, and softly rubbed them. "It's ok, boys. The Lati just have a bit of difference in views, that is all. Would you both like a hug? Or maybe we can play a game together." She said in a calm and gentle tone as she rubbed their heads. She felt bad for the two, having to witness such a barbaric scene between the two legendaries. She sighed, and looked at Max, and then at April, and a wave of sadness hit her like a truck. "I wish I could do something to help everyone.... I wish I can make things calm like he wants... but I am not a miracle worker...!" Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie Latios Latios

Arcanus visibly winced as the chaos ensued around him. He reached out from a distance towards Nathan, but as she proved by swatting Max away, it was clear that nothing he could do at that moment could have persuaded her away from her charge into the woods. He brought his arms in, shrinking a little bit at the mayhem. Looking over his shoulder only to see April standing over Amber's grave... He let his heart coax him towards her, reaching out a hand to lay on her shoulder in some desperate attempt to comfort her. His ears (or what was left of them) slunk down low as his head hung, drooping eyes resting on the stone for a few moments more, seeming to give Amber and April a moment's silence.

Of course, that moment had to be let go soon, however, as Arcanus talked to her in a steady yet gentle voice. "We need to go after Nathan..." He said surely, with a furrowed brow. "We mustn't let her do something... brash. Putting herself between two dueling legendaries...?"

"... She is lost. She is hurt... And we are her family."

Edron roared as his body crashed through the trees. He tried to pull himself to a stop with levitation but Ahlamos came crashing into him again with a steel wing, sending the blue eon flying further from the burial site. “Fuuuucck!” Yelled Edron again as he was hit. Ahlamos was about to go for another strike but Edron counters with a huge psychic blast destroying trees around him creating a clear area while also kicking away Ahlamos. Looking to seize his moment, Edron quickly with an Energy Ball in his palm. However Ahlamos was not downed for as long as Edron thought. Quickly recovering he cast a protect around himself, causing the Energy ball in Edrons palm to explode in his face when it collided.

Ahlamos then turned the tides swiftly back into his favor by lowering the barrier around him quickly, a Dragon Claw attack ready, and slamming the stunned eon in the back. The sheer force made Edron bounce on the ground sending him back up into another Dragon Claw Ahlamos had ready straight into his side sending him across the new field and hitting a few stumps along the way.
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Orion and Darin were quiet as Serenity gave them her offer. A game? At a time like this? How could they possibly? Mom... mom was dead... there was no denying that anymore... and those two couldn't even allow the small time to give peace.

Orion budged first, leaning against Serenity. It wasn't quite a hug, but just... something, some small physical presence. Darin followed suit, properly hugging both Orion and Serenity. The two said nothing, though Darin quietly cried and Orion sniffled as tears ran down his face.

Meanwhile, April let out a long, melancholic sigh as she stared down at the grave. Arcanus's hand gave some comfort, but even her love could only do so much to comfort her pain. As Arcanus spoke surely, she let out one last meaningful sigh before turning to face the Hypno with a smile.

"Yeah... we are." She got down into a position to make it easy for Arcanus to embark. "Hop on, we'll catch up faster in the air." As Arcanus complied, a series of cracking sound resonated in the clearing. Max had punched a tree repeatedly, causing cracks to cascade up its trunks and small droplets of blood to fall from his paw. He turned to April with an, honestly, somewhat crazy look in his eyes. A mixture of fury and deep grief.

"I'm coming." He said very definitively and began walking towards April. Nervously, she stepped back.

"Uh... at capacity, pal." With that, she burst into the sky and began following Nathan, Alistair, and the Latis. "Geez... that was weird. Wonder what's up with him?"

As she reached the area with the Latis fighting, she saw her trainer emerge. Despite her earlier trouble walking, requiring the assistance of a cane, she seemed to move oddly quickly and surely, though there were obvious stumbles.

As Nathan reached the two, she cried out. "Ahlamos, this is my fight! Now that we're out of the way of Amber, I'll show him what I've got!"

"Nathan can handle herself," April muttered to herself, "but even she's not winning that fight..."

Daisie Daisie Latios Latios Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Serenity felt bad for the two started to cry. They have obviously lost someone very important to them. Though she did not know these two, her instincts told her to make sure that they are not crying anymore. She stayed silent for some time, hugging Darin and Orion gently with a motherly embrace. "It's ok, It's ok. I'm here. Let it all out." She said in a gentle tone, looking down at the two children, her heart being wrenched even more at the sight of two sad pokemon.

After a bit of running, Alistair and Venin had finally caught up to the Lati and Nathan. When he heard her screaming, his blood began to boil like he was a tea kettle. "ARE YOU CRAZY!?! YOU ARE GOING TO GET KILLED. I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANOTHER DAMN DEATH FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! NOT WHILE I CAN PREVENT IT!" H exclaimed as he waited for her response, with venin at the ready to be sent out to assist the black Latios. Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie Latios Latios

Ahlamos gave a resounding “No.” to Nathan’s plee. He did not say anything else to her as his focus needed to be on his brother out to kill. She was out of her mind if she wanted to fight a Lati. Edron could easily snap her neck if given the chance. He had almost done it previous to this fight.

Edron has clearly taken a beating so far, where as Ahlamos has only taken one hit so far. Because of this Edron was getting desperate. “Damn it, damn it, damn it...” he growled. “You... will not... beat me!” He raised his head up high before a small orb of pure white began to grow. “I’m older! More experienced! Stronger!” The orb grew extremely large before letting lose a huge Luster Purge straight towards Ahlamos. The Black Eon however stared down the beam with a vacant expression. Before the beam hit him Ahlamos gracefully moved out of its way before dashing towards its source. The blinding light of the beam providing enough cover for Ahlamos to get directly behind Edron, and struck in directly in the spine with a dragon claw. The beam immediately ended, revealing the damaged trees in its wake, and one blue Latios on the ground unmoving.

Ahlamos stared down at his brothers body before grabbing him by the neck, and lifting him up to eye level. Holding another dragon claw to his throat, Ahlamos have him a hard glare. “Do you know why you lost?” The blue eon did not answer, simply groaning from the pressure being applies to his neck. “It’s because unlike me, you’ve been sitting around in your ass it doing a damn thing. You spout off how you used to hunt humans, but any one with the slightest amount of aura manipulation can do that. Humans by nature are weak compared to the creatures of the land. But that gives no reason not to fear them. I on the other hand faced extreme agony, subjected to experiments by them designed to make a stronger Lati to sacrifice. As much as I hated what they did I’m grateful for one thing... they succeeded... Since then I’ve spent my entire life protecting what was left of my family where you didn’t even give enough of a shit to come and find us.” At this point the black eons voice was filled with venom. It looked like he could coke Edron to death. “You have three options. Suck up your pride and stay with your family so long as I don’t hear another word out of you. You can leave and fend for yourself as the shadows plaguing the land claw at you in an attempt to take your life. Or I kill you here and now. And don’t think I won’t... as far as I’m concerned your not my brother. My brother died when the humans stole me...”
Daisie Daisie Assailant Assailant Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Last edited:
A cold and disconcerting shudder crawled up Arcanus's spine for the brief second it took to see Max's maddened state. A frown crept to his lips, and he reacted with about the same amount of shock and bewilderment as April seemed to. He even shifted his footing a tad towards the area between Max and April as a subconscious precaution. But as soon as the moment came, it went. It wasn't long before he was up and on his ride, trying to focus his attention more towards Nathan, who was in much more need of it at the moment. Still, he couldn't be rid of the pit in his stomach that the interaction, only seconds long, left. The burst of fury was uncharacteristic of the Max he'd grown accustomed to... Arcanus would have to check up on him later. But at that point in time, Nathan needed him. Nathan needed any family she could get.

Arcanus's brow wrinkled in concern when April went on to say exactly what he was thinking: There was no way Nathan could make it out of a fight between two Lati. "Especially considering her poor physical state..." He finished his thought, worry audibly rushing through his voice. Every moment that passed was another moment that Nathan could have been hurt.. Or worse. Damn it, he didn't need another death in this family - especially a death centered around a previous loss. He wasn't sure he could take it, he wasn't sure April could take it... It would send the entire group into a spiral. And they were the world's last hope. Billions of lives were teetering unsteadily in the balance.

Shattering his train of thought, his hand suddenly shot forward, gesturing towards the ground from high up. "There!" He directed, his keen red eyes locked onto the familiar shape between the leaves. The battle between the Lati was loud and intense... As much as he wanted to pay attention to the two brothers, he could only pray that Ahlamos could handle himself in the duel. He had to deal with the collateral damage. That collateral being Nathan.

As Edron was subdued by Ahlamos, Nathan began to walk towards the downed Lati. It seemed her adrenaline was beginning to wear off somewhat, as she stumbled more and more on the way, leaning more heavily on the cane. She grunted as Alistair came up behind her, telling her to stop. She looked back at him, and her eyes carried a different look than before. Whereas before there was pure rage, now there was anger mixed with exhaustion and pain.

"You... you don't know... what I'm capable of..." she huffed out, puffing between certain words. She turned back to continue her walk to Edron, but before she could take a step, April landed in front of her with Arcanus on her back. Nathan stopped in her track, looking between the two of them. She glanced back at Alistair with a sigh. "None of you are going to let me do this... huh? How could you hear what he said... back there... and not want to teach him a lesson too?"

Alistair growled, and shook his head. "You are not thinkin' at all, are you!? If you lay one finger on him, you will be just as bad as he is! We are trying to not make the lati f+×king hate us here! In fact, think of your pokemon, and what they would think if YOU were to kick the bucket. I ask you, no, I am f+×king telling you. Do not stoop down to his level, you are better than this dammit!" Alistair said as he tried to regain his composure, and venin nodded.
"He's right y'know. You would be doin' the same thing that grumpy old jet plane is doing. Maybe you should think about things a little more before you jump, yeah?" The tyrantrum said, though he did not expect to be understood, but he at least hoped she knew he was backing his trainer up. Latios Latios Daisie Daisie Assailant Assailant

“Nathan...” Ahlamos spoke up through the crowd trying to stop her. “I understand you wish to get justice for what my brother did. It disgusts me to know this is what he’s become.” Ahlamos’s eyes never left his brother as he continued to hold the blue eon by the neck. Edron was a larger Latios than Ahlamos. So to see the smaller one on top was something. “But I refuse to let you fight him. He can very easily kill you. If I hadn’t acted as fast as I did you’d be dead right now. Edron also wouldn’t be breathing right now either but that’s beside the point. He is my brother... I will deal with him.” With the last word said Ahlamos finally released his brother. His body hitting the ground hard as he began to wheeze in an attempt to get air back into his lungs. “Remember.” Ahlamos said leaning down very close to the ground as to speak directly into his ear. “Not one more incident, not matter how small.”
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie Emperor Emperor [/USER]

Arcanus held onto April tightly, not wanting to dismount just yet. He looked upon Nathan with great empathy and concern... She was in need of help. A lot of it. He gently replied to her (Allowing for everyone else to hear him, as well) via telepathy when he got the chance to get a word in. "Nathan, please..." He begged her, glancing over periodically towards the Lati. Those legendaries were not forces to reckon with, by any means. Nonetheless, he kept talking to her in a slow and steady voice. "You've been in the hospital, you're emaciated... You have the fighting spirit, but spirit alone cannot achieve the impossible."

"We all feel for you... We all loved her very dearly. Edron acted extremely out of line... But we can't afford to lose someone else. Don't be pigheaded, Nathan. You're our family as much as Amber was, and where would that leave us if we lost you, as well?"

Nathan tries to make her way to Edron regardless, but collapses. She tries to get up, but can only make it a few steps before collapsing again. April makes her way over to help her, and realizes that, despite being in living condition, she is no longer in fighting condition. She will need significantly longer to fully heal. Nathan tries one more time to stand up, but something tears and she passes out once more.

After a brief discussion with the rest of Nathan's party, they decide Nathan will still need to be kept out of battle until she is fully healed. However, reluctantly, April decides she doesn't want to leave Nathan. Before, it was only a couple of days, but this could last a lot longer, and it's undetermined. She decides Nathan needs her right now.

When Nathan wakes up, she fights the group's decision, but eventually she relents. She gives Arcanus's Pokeball back to him, apologizing for already failing as a trainer so shortly after becoming one to him. She says that, while he's still welcome to join them in "retirement"... they both know what needs to be done. She leaves him, and April approaches Arcanus on her own, downtrodden. She apologizes for having to leave, but she insists that the rest of the group needs a rock, and that Arcanus is the best to fulfill that role. She lets him know that if he decides to go off with another trainer or another Pokemon, she'll understand, but that she loves him and, if he still wants her and Nathan when all of this is over, she'll be waiting.

All of the group says their goodbyes and leaves back into town, with Max remaining. Max speaks to Ahlamos personally and apologizes for leaving: he is the last remaining creature from the original group aside from Ahlamos's family. However, he has found a different calling. He has sworn an oath to Rosie and her family to protect them, and he intends to keep that promise. Furthermore, between his blindness and his weakening mental state, this journey is wearing him down to the breaking point. He reluctantly admits that, as much as it hurts, he needs a rest. Max says that he fully believes the group they have left can do this, and he promises to see them again: whether in this life or the next

The day had eventually managed to quiet down after that, believe it or not. Everyone had to take a bit of time for themselves to adjust to the regime change, especially Arcanus. He found himself sitting atop a fallen log, staring off into the distance, not noticing the tear on his cheek until it was already most of the way down his face. Snapping out of his somber trance, he wiped the tear away with his thumb. He knew that losing Nathan's team was something that had to be done, but damn, it sure didn't make things any easier. His mind kept replaying that last talk he'd had with April over and over, as if there were some way he could reach back in time and fix everything. She'd told him that he was the rock for this group... but in reality, she had been his rock, lately.

He took a deep, shaky breath into his lungs, bringing his eyes up to the sky above. He did this partially to stop the tears falling down his face, but some vain part of him hoped that he'd see his gem soaring through the air back to him again. That she'd come gliding back, deciding last-minute about how she couldn't leave him.

All selfish thoughts.

Waiting a few moments more, he gave up the hopeless search and let it all wash away. His eyes flickered over and traced the few remaining members of their group. If April told him that he was their rock, then he figured he had to at least try to fulfill that. He couldn't let her down. He couldn't let the world down. His fingers wrapped around the pendant that draped down his neck. That pendant was a promise. A promise that one day, he'd come marching home from the battlefield, broken yet fulfilled as any good soldier should be. He'd greet her with a warm smile and let loose about all his traumatic adventures saving the world. And he'd finally rest alongside her, having his happily-ever-after. There was no doubt it was a future worth fighting for.

Gathering his thoughts together, he slid off the trunk, and his feet hit the grass. Approaching Latios with all the confidence he could muster (which wasn't particularly much), he spoke with a soft yet assured voice.

"What do we do next?"

Ahlamos sighed. So many gone now. With less around the journey would probably be more perilous as she would no longer have as much to defend themselves. “We press on. We’re so close to ending this once and for all. We can’t stop now. We can come back later.”
Daisie Daisie Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back