• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Rise of Shadows

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Kaine, at first frozen with fear, was now completely at ease.

At Venins words, the Charizard lit up. If Ceres was going to try to convince Alistair's group to leave with her group for Alistair's safety, she'd be stopped dead in her tracks by THIS behemoth. With that, Rosie and co. were cemented with Alistair's group... and the Lati's, along with their mission. All according to plan.

"Oh, that's good, that's good! I'm so happy to hear that! See, I was thinking the exact same thing here, Venin, was it?" Kaine took this opportunity to try to convince Venin he was on his side, continuing, "See, Ceres is worried the Lati's will go plum crazy and overreact and kill us, or at least our humans, in their sleep or something, but you and I, we know better! We're not gonna let some ol' misunderstanding caused by some bird make us retreat, right?"

Kaine winked and playfully elbowed Venin, adding, "Listen, pal of mine, don't you worry, she was probably gonna try to sally sobstory her way to get you guys on her side to abandon this world saving mission, but you just keep that resolve and everything will be okay! Ah, but go a little easy on her if she approaches you to ask your group to leave with hers, she's just worried about her trainers safety... You know the over protective type, my man."

Kaine chuckled to himself while going back to concentrating on keeping the fire going and pans hot, happy for Venins help.

"And... you don't worry about his safety... around the male Lati's...? The ones who were tortured and hurt by humans to the point they probably won't ever give other good humans.... L-like our trainers... a chance...?" Felicia asked, still full or fear and worry and hurt.

"I don't think the Lati's trust anyone anymore... And I'm really worried... If they don't trust us anymore and trust our humans less... don't... don't you worry about Alistair? Don't you worry they might hurt him because they hate all humans after what happened to them? I-I mean, Emlas is nice enough... But now that she's upset with everyone as well... I feel like our last hope to keep our trainers safe i-is... is gone..." Felicia said all this extremely bothered and uncomfortable, but not exactly crying, though she was pretty filled with despair.

"...Miss Emlas did save Roro when... when I got hurt... and was falling... If not for her Ro wouldn't be here..." Magnus chimed in, it was clear he felt bad inputting on a conversation he had no part of, but he wasn't going to let Felicia worry about this because of his friend Emlas and Ro's savior who he believed in.

"Sh-she did, Aero...?" Felicia asked, to clarify.

"Y-yeah, she did..." Magnus told the worried Blissey, then adding, "Also, it's Magnus, by the way! When I was shocked and fell I had a weird dream about my mommy and daddy and that was the name they gave me: Magnus!"

He looked very proud of the name and struck a pose about as well as he could midair in this realm, then added meekly, "But you can call me Maggie, if you like!"

"R-right...I-I see...Maggie...I'm glad everyone was ok after that... D-do you think she would save Ro again, i-if necessary, even after April told her and her brothers to kill themselves?" Felicia questioned hesitantly.

"Mmhm... I think so. Miss Emlas isn't the type to let anyone get hurt on her watch, especially if she can help it," The young Togekiss continued to defend his friend.

Felicia hung her head, about as much as a Blissey could, clearly feeling bad for doubting Emlas, but also not entirely convinced of Maggie's words either.

She then turned to Serenity.

"Wh-what... What do you think, Serenity?" Felicia asked as she turned towards her.

The Blissey looked to the Drampa as if she were a lost child seeking an adults help to find her parents.

"Mmmmm~! Looks good, Mr. Alistair!" Rosie cheered and giggled as he had finished the Malasadas, setting them aside and blowing on them so they could off before sprinkling a bit of powdered sugar on them to top them off.

"Smells good, I want some right now~!" She stated hungrily as she smelled how delicious they were, but didn't actually touch them since she was still cooking herself.

She wanted a clean utensil to pipe on some frosting to top off her pokepuff, and to her surprise when she went to grab one, a small pack of edible yellow star sprinkles was packed in with the rest of the supplies! Upon closer examination, she knew this brand! When her and Corny baked holiday cookies for Aiden and Elias (well, more like for themselves and Aiden, with Ro sneaking in cookies into a baggie for Elias) they had bought these because the edible glitter on them made the sprinkles (and in turn, the cookies) look cute! But, if Rosie recalled, they were very expensive... No novice baker would buy this brand and waste these sprinkles...

Florina wasn't for baking either, she must have bought them for a reason and never used them... But for the life of her Ro couldn't figure out why she bought them in the first place, as Florina was a florist and a gardener... not a baker... Hm, how odd.

Luckily however, they matched the yellow-ish puff she was making anyway... Question now was who got the pokepuffs these were sprinkled with?

Looking around, and spotting Emlas, remembering (barely) what the Lati had done for her, Ro knew the perfect red Eon pokemon who would get these.

Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

"Haha, right?! Oh my goodness!" Charise laughed a bit without meaning to,resting her head on Max's shoulder for a moment in amusement as he said that, adding, "I mean, I-I suppose that ending is to be expected, s-since the households were fighting and such, a-and they were star-crossed lovers and all, but still..."

In truth, the only thing Charise had known about this book/play before hand was that it was centered mostly around Romeo and Juliet, and their legendary love... She didn't know it was tragedy and that right off the bat the reader knew both were going to die! She bit her lip in embarassment at looking so foolish in front of Max... One of the greatest love stories of all time... ended in tragedy.

Half of her debated thinking "That's life!" while the other half argued "That's rubbish!"

Charise hated tragedies. Her and Ro both did.

She was beginning to think it was rather fortunate she DIDN'T read this with Ro or watch the play with her after all!

She then remembered Ro's smile when they were falling during their last battle, right before the girl realled her in her pokeball... and shuddered to think had they not been saved Romeo and Juliet's fate would have been theirs, too!

She shook her head as if to shake those thoughts and lightly giggled a moment, shifting a bit to get more comfortable and then continued reading:

[Enter SAMPSON and GREGORY, of the house of Capulet, armed with swords and bucklers]

Sampson: Gregory, o' my word, we'll not carry coals.
Gregory: No, for then we should be colliers.
Sampson: I mean, an we be in choler, we'll draw.
Gregory: Ay, while you live, draw your neck out o' the collar.
Sampson: I strike quickly, being moved.
Gregory: But thou art not quickly moved to strike.
Sampson: A growlithe of the house of Montague moves me.
Gregory: To move is to stir; and to be valiant is to stand:
therefore, if thou art moved, thou runn'st away.
Sampson: A growlithe of that house shall move me to stand: I will
take the wall of any man or maid of Montague's.
Gregory: That shows thee a weak slave; for the weakest goes
to the wall.
Sampson: True; and therefore women, being the weaker vessels,
are ever thrust to the wall: therefore I will push
Montague's men from the wall, and thrust his maids
to the wall.
Gregory: The quarrel is between our masters and us their men.
Sampson: 'Tis all one, I will show myself a tyrant: when I
have fought with the men, I will be cruel with the
maids, and cut off their heads.
Gregory: The heads of the maids?
Sampson: Ay, the heads of the maids, or their maidenheads;
take it in what sense thou wilt.
Gregory: They must take it in sense that feel it.
Sampson: Me they shall feel while I am able to stand: and
'tis known I am a pretty piece of flesh.
Gregory: 'Tis well thou art not magikarp; if thou hadst, thou
hadst been poor John. Draw thy tool! here comes
two of the house of the Montagues.
Sampson: My naked weapon is out: quarrel, I will back thee.
Gregory: How! turn thy back and run?
Sampson: Fear me not.
Gregory: No, marry; I fear thee!
Sampson: Let us take the law of our sides; let them begin.
Gregory: I will frown as I pass by, and let them take it as
they list.
Sampson: Nay, as they dare. I will bite my thumb at them;
which is a disgrace to them, if they bear it.

Charise gulped as she finished reading that last bit, nervously chuckling at Max while adding, "Th-they, uh... weren't kidding about the, u-uh, fight between the families, w-were they...?"

Max was right to expect the unexpected... Greatest love story ever was filled with about as much hostility as that creature she tried to fight was... and in just the first bits alone!

Assailant Assailant

Last edited:
"If she tries to hit me with a sob story, well I got a better one for her. As much as I care for Alistair's safety, he'd never allow us to give up. Not now, not ever. And if she were to approach me, I will not make any promises of going easy on her." Venin said in a somewhat calm tone. He knew Alistair was not one to give up, like when they first met. Venin was rather reluctant and disobedient at first, but as time went on, trust was built up.

"Well Felicia, we have come this far..... I see no point in going back, not unless you want to become one of them." Serenity said bluntly as she sighed. "I care for my s- Trainer. But he cares more about me and venin than anyone else in the world. We are family, and by arceus we are going to stick together!" Serenity said with bliss in her voice. "Oh! And if we get there, We can show you around Alola! That is where I am from!" she said excitedly, to see the beautiful beaches, the roaring waters, and the luscious vegetation all within her memory.

"ALRIGHT EVERYONE! DINNER IS SERVED!! ALOLAN SPECIALTY IN THE HOUSE!!" Alistair shouted for everyone to hear, with Venin and Serenity immediately dashing over to get a malasada, with one if them made specifically for Serenity. Latios Latios Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie Minako Minako

Last edited by a moderator:
Arcanus looked very surprised and... Impressed, actually. In all reality, he had been quite worried that April would do what she almost did before apologizing - go off on Emlas and attack her before she got in the right headspace to say a proper apology. It was a relief to see her finally opening up... This was a moment. And not just one between him and her. This was a fleeting, historical moment where she finally got up the courage and heart to really show herself to someone else. Real humility. He stayed still as a statue in amazement and held his breath as April went through everything. Emlas's reaction of silence, shock, and confliction was understandable. What was happening here was unexpected, and... Amaz-

He jumped as Alistair's voice filled the air suddenly. He looked intensely at the ground, thinking, and before April or Emlas had the chance to get a word in, Arc looked back, using telepathy."We will be with you shortly. We are busy at the moment." He turned back to the situation at hand. He knew that it was an awkward one. He knew April was flighty right now and was going to try to take the food as a chance to cut everything short, and Emlas didn't exactly look comfortable here, either. But damn it, his bird just confessed her heart out and he wasn't going to leave that there for them to both awkwardly avoid eye contact with each other as they ate on opposite sides of the fire. He patted April's back gently, with a smile. "I told him it would be a few minutes. By all means..."

His amber gaze rested on Emlas. Expectant eyes, waiting for something to happen.

Assailant Assailant Latios Latios Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

April perked up as she heard the call for dinner. "R-right, co-!" She got stopped as Arcanus spoke up and placed his hand on her back..

...*!$%

She sighed and looked back at Emlas and Tyler expectantly. There was a long pause before Tyler spoke up.

"No... she... I think this... is one of her mean games." April jerked to look at him, prompting a squeak of terror from Tyler and had him hide behind the eon. Tyler didn't sound very self assured as he said that, however, as if even he was somewhat doubting it. April looked up at Emlas.

"...w-well? Something?" She pouted and looked down at the floor with a mixture of emotions: anger, fear, sadness, confusion... "whatever," she murmured to herself.

She had known this was coming from the beginning, really. Of course she would be rejected again... that was her fate, in a way. Maybe Arcanus really would be the only one who would ever accept her. Perhaps turning over a new leaf like this just... wasn't possible.

Daisie Daisie Latios Latios

Max smiled as Charise rested her head on him, and he too leaned his head to rest on hers. "Indeed, this story, as with life, is fraught with conflict." He sighed a bit, content. "I think it is quite beautiful, really. Tragedies are such a forgotten art."

Minako Minako

Last edited:
Emlas, baffled beyond belief, stared at the bird for a few seconds longer, her mouth gaping. She almost thought this was a prank of some sort or leading up to one, but it sounded so sincere. What could this be then? So many thoughts passed through her head, but only one remained constant: April... had just apologized.

"I... Uh... Um... Uh..." Emlas could only bumble a bit as she was to lost and confused at the moment to come up with any comprehensible.

She still hated April, immensely so... and one of the main reasons being that she never thought this bird would apologize ever... Yet those words, thought hesitantly, did indeed come out of Aprils beak. She sort of looked between April and Arcanus and back again, rather quickly, simply not knowing how she should react to this. Even Arcanus looked a bit surprised at the apology. She looked at Arcanus, as if looking for the answers as to what to do. A part of her felt bad, of course, since the part of Emlas that wasn't keen on accepting the apology came purely from hating April.
Daisie Daisie Assailant Assailant

Arcanus looked between April and Emlas as the seemingly endless moments of silence went on. But then, seeing Emlas' look which sought answers, he closed his eyes and sighed. He really didn't want to have to butt in on this, but Emlas' silence seemed to not be giving him a choice. He sat down on the ground slowly, thinking carefully about how he was to choose his next words.

"Emlas, and... Tyler, was it? I am very well aware of what April here has put you through. However..." He looked up at April, pausing for a moment and playing with his pendulum before looking back at Emlas and Tyler.

"I believe I have an ability. A gift, I suppose you could say. I have the ability to see people for who they truly are. To look past whatever mask they may be holding up to defend themselves from the outside world. It may be an ability akin to Max's ability to see one's aura... Or it may be simply a skill I have developed over the years. Either way, it is a power I've become very certain that I possess. One I've grown exceptionally confident in."

"The reasoning behind my faith in April is because of this ability. She may often act outwardly aggressive, but I personally see the potential for greater things. And here we are, a bird that was previously so caught up and trapped in her ways, finally taking the first steps in reaching out to become a better person. At last, she is exposing herself, and becoming extremely vulnerable to the people she hurt. An enormous leap of faith she has devoted to you."

"I can say with confidence and pride that she can become something bigger and better than what you've seen before. Given much time, patience, and commitment. It will take a long, long time for all of these wounds to heal on both sides. But if we may all eventually move forwards from the past, there will be brighter days to behold ahead."

"I cannot make either of you do anything, as this is your choice to behold... But April is vulnerable and subject to your will. I do ask of you to show her mercy, and find it in your hearts to have forgiveness. It may not be today, tomorrow, or within months... But consider her plea. Start the process. For the betterment of our future."

Assailant Assailant Latios Latios

April could not bring herself to look at anyone during Arcanus's speech, simply looking away and down at the ground. When he finished, she did not speak up or say anything... Arcanus always had such a way with words, she'd only detriment it by speaking up.

Tyler still hid behind Emlas, looking with curiosity and confusion at April. He looked between her and Arcanus slowly a few times before leaning in to Emlas and whispering.

"H-he's one of the mean ones too, right? If he likes April..."

chibi_charizard_by_minjixmuu_chan-d5eq08z.gif
The Charizard said nothing in response to the Despot Pokemon, but through the soft cackles of the fire a light chuckle could be heard after Venin had said his piece...

Felicia looked on in awe (and a bit of envy, at how easily Serenity could maintain a positive attitude despite how grim things were looking now) as the Drampa spoke, clearly behind those ideals 100% from the tone in her voice, and sort of forced a smiled at her once she was done speaking.

It genuinely brought her a small comfort to hear Serenity so content and comforted being around the Lati's, and, more importantly, having Alistair be around the Lati's. It also was proof their comfort wasn't completely unfounded, as a small turn of her head would show Alistair was not harmed in anyway, let alone by Emlas or her brothers.

Perhaps Serenity was right.

Perhaps there really was no reason to worry.

The Blissey looked around and finally at Ceres, who was only a short way across from them, looking unamused while staring at Kaine and Venin, then drawing her attention to their small group.

The Typhlosion looked rather stoic, even at Serenity's words, but whatever her true feelings were Ceres was deciding to keep things internal for now. Neutrality was neither a good thing nor a bad thing, technically... But as the saying goes: No news is good news.

Through that forced smile, Felicia snickered for a moment before replying, "Yeah, that sounds lovely Serenity... I'd really like that."

At the call of Alistair, Felicia and her teammates (sans Charise, of course) all got up to get their food.

Ro was busy adding dabs of frosting to the pokepuffs while Alistair was setting up his malasadas, almost giggling at how eager he was. Some of their pokemon had already gathered around, grabbed some food, and started eating, of course with the Lati's not really coming at Alistair's call, which was of no surprise to anyone.

"Go ahead and dig in, everyone! My puffs will be finished shortly!" Rosie called a bit more softly than her older human friend.

"Oh boy, oh boy!" Cadence squealed in delight as she grabbed some food and happily began scarfing it down.

Maggie was also excited to get food, but couldn't really physically express it given how difficult it was to fly in this realm.

"Hmm..." The small girl noticed as Magnus uncomfortably shifted around instead of happily flying.

She took a quick glance at the Lati's and wondered if they were also having a hard time getting around.

She smiled heartily as her amazing Blissey approached for food, and handed it to her... But before Felicia could walk away she tapped her shoulder, causing the Blissey to turn around.

"Hey, Felicia, do you think when you're done eating you could go deliver these puffs to the Lati's? I'm sure they're having a tough time getting around here as well, and would probably enjoy their meal better if they didn't have to struggle so much to get to it!" Rosie suggested.

The Blissey nodded dutifully as she sat to eat her Malasada.

Charise had noticed that Ro had released the rest of her family, but they seemed to be more intent on focusing on eating than they did approaching them, and Charise couldn't decide if she loved or loathed it.

The Embrace Pokemon also couldn't help but feel, when Max said what he did about tragedies, a practical tsunami of relief upon sharply turning her head to locate Cadence, knowing had the sly Sylveon been nearby and heard that comment she would have no doubt said something rude or cross to the poor Aura pokemon because she had spent far too much time with her cumbersome brother, Synne.

"Ah hah, r-right," Charise nervously chuckled, moving on and continuing reading:

[Enter ABRAHAM and BALTHASAR]

Abraham: Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
Sampson: I do bite my thumb, sir.
Abraham: Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
Sampson: [Aside to GREGORY] Is the law of our side, if I say
ay?
Gregory: No.
Sampson: No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I
bite my thumb, sir.
Gregory: Do you quarrel, sir?
Abraham: Quarrel sir! no, sir.
Sampson: If you do, sir, I am for you: I serve as good a man as you.
Abraham: No better.
Sampson: Well, sir.
Gregory: Say 'better:' here comes one of my master's kinsmen.
Sampson: Yes, better, sir.
Abraham: You lie.
Sampson: Draw, if you be men. Gregory, remember thy swashing blow.

[They fight]

[Enter BENVOLIO]
"Oh!" Charise lightly gasped as she read the name, "I know this character! He's Romeo's... uhm... right hand man, i-if I recall? I don't know their exact relation..."

She knew Ro had talked about this book before, and said something along the lines about being glad Romeo had Benvolio there for him through all this...!

Surely, he was here to stop this foolishness and help, right? If she couldn't be the Juliet to Ro's Romeo she could at least be her Benvolio, could she not?

Assailant Assailant

"That's great! I-" She was cut off by Alistair calling everyone to dinner, and she shuffled over to her trainer quickly, and recieved a malasada made just for her. "Here you go, Ma. A berry malasada just for you!" Alistair said as he rubs her head, and she gives an appreciative growl. He was always considerate of her and Venin, espcially when it came to diet.

Venin heard Alistair's yelling over the small chuckle, and quickly stomped over to get his piece. He maybe be and old, be he was a fast old geezer, with age not slowing him down. "Hey big guy! You ready to eat?" alistair asked as he scratched Venin's chin, which was followed by a growl. "Alright, here is a couple meaty ones for you." He said as he threw 2 malasadas into Venin's mouth, which he then ate quickly, but enjoyed every second of it. Venin gives a satisfactory shake of his body, and Alistair smiled. "Glad you like it. Been a while since I made them.... Besides, we gotta treat each other right. And you and Serenity are my best friends, the best anyone can ask for." he said with a smile as Venin nodded in understanding, and Serenity was rather speechless.

Emlas knew Arcanus was more trust worthy than April... And if he was backing her up, then it truly meant that this was an apology and not some prank. With that cleared it only left one question left for Emlas: Should she accept the apology? This was far from the only time April had wronged her... and her brothers, come to think of it! Looking back at Arcanus, her confused expression fading in place of a undecided one, she finally muttered while looking away, "I... I don't know if I can." She said this a bit disgruntled. This may have been a milestone for the Pidgeot, but the fact that saying 'I'm sorry' was a milestone at all, as much as Arcanus thought it was great, wasn't exactly helping Aprils overall case.
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie

Max hummed. "Interesting. I honestly know very little of this play except for a few of its famous lines and the ending, so I do not know him." He chuckled a tad. "The archaic language is fascinating, especially when it comes to the humor. It is somewhat difficult to understand, somewhat dampening the humor, yet at the same time it is so often associated with loquacious, flowery prose that to hear it being used so crassly and mindlessly is humorous in its own right." He smiled and laughed a bit.

Minako Minako

April recoiled a bit, hurt at her response, before looking over to Tyler, who was still hidden behind Emlas. Tyler recoiled at her sudden gaze, but looked down and away from her all the same. He wanted to say that he didn't accept it either, though frankly he was too scared to say that. Unlike Emlas, he wasn't even convinced this was not some cruel joke. Even if it was genuine though...

April looked between the two of them before sniffling quietly and turning away. "Right... fine... yeah... yeah! W-whatever, I don't... I...I didn't even..." She choked up a bit before trying to fly away, only to be thrown about by the ambient distortion. Crash landing back on the ground, she groaned and stood back up, a powerful blush on her face but covered by her wing as she walked away, sniffling to herself and holding back tears.

Tyler glared at April walking away, what sympathy he had for her covered up by the years of abuse at her claws. Honestly, a small part of him took quite a bit of pleasure in her sorrow, although, despite his disdain for her, he wasn't quite fond of feeling satisfaction at the suffering of another. He looked over at Arcanus, waiting for him to back up whatever cruel punchline was planned.

Arcanus looked disappointed, and he flinched at April's attempt to fly off. He came to his feet and raised his hands in a reassuring way towards both Emlas and Tyler. "Alright, alright. That's understandable." He told the two in a kind voice while nodding. "If you ever so happen to change your mind, you would have my gratitude. I encourage you to consider the things I've said... I wish you a good night, you two."

He looked back in a concerned manner at April. Having said a polite farewell to the others, he rushed after her. "A-Ah, April...! Well... That didn't g-go as well as it could have... But not to fear, just... Perhaps we can talk this over? Perhaps we could..." He trailed off. Well... This was spiraling out of control far faster than he'd imagined. It was discouraging to the young, albeit wise, Hypno. Was he really the only one even trying to keep everyone together...? He'd felt so much pressure to fix everyone's newly opened wounds. After all, how could he not? The world was at stake. They couldn't afford to be making massive screwups like this. If he didn't keep everyone together as a family... Not only could it hurt his friends and the ones he loved, but innocent bystanders, as well. The entire world could perish from a simple mistake.

Slowly, Arc stopped walking after April. He knew he wasn't the only one carrying heavy burdens on this mission. Heaven knows the heap of crap April was going through right now, but... He came to a stop, looking at the disorienting world around him. He knew what he had signed up for when he joined this group, but.. Was it naive of him to say that he hadn't expected it to be so difficult? He ran a hand over his bitten-off ear. Why couldn't they just make up? Why did everyone have to be so adamant about holding grudges? In the scale of things, was this petty squabble really that important? The world was at stake and everyone was picking fights. He wanted to yell at them all, even if they really hadn't been the ones at fault.

He sighed, trying to sort his thoughts out. He didn't have the strength right now to look after April and comfort her. As much as he wanted so desperately to go after her and make everything okay... He needed to focus on himself.

"Just... Be back soon for dinner, my gem."

He turned around and began walking back for some food.

Assailant Assailant

April sniffled, holding back tears. Why? Why were they so... stupid?! She'd done her part to end this all, and those two were the ones still holding on to things. Honestly, how did they even have the energy to be mad at her after everything that had happened to the two of them at this point. It would almost be admirable if it wasn't so damn infuriating. Just like the little brat and red bitch too, though. She supposed this really would be her fate...

Which brought up another question: why in the hell did she care?

This apology was really only to appease Arcanus, so it's no skin off her back if it falls through... or at least, so she thought, yet clearly that didn't hold true. There was something more to it that she couldn't quite place a talon on, but even if she... somehow... kinda... maybe... cared a bit... it still didn't make sense! She'd gone through so much worse, she'd watched her mother be killed and seen her home in ruin, so why could this possibly hurt?! It's almost like... like... like...

Experiences and transgressions can't be objectively ranked or compared inter- or intra- personally.

This fact, this simple realization, blew April's mind. How could she not have seen it?! She'd studied up on psychology a bit, but this... agh, she was a fool! A damned fool! It was so simple, yet it had eluded her. It was like a switch had been flipped in her mind: a complete paradigm shift of her viewpoint.

April looked back at Arcanus with a hint of sadness in her eye. Maybe... if transgressions can't be objectively ranked... neither can acts of kindness?

Arcanus would feel a wing wrapped around him as April pulled him against her and walked alongside him. "Don't worry, Arc. I'm not going to give up. I've always been a stubborn bird, right?" She smiled. "Everything you've done... it's meant a lot, Arc. I know I'm not the best at showing it all the time, but I want you to know I'm really thankful for everything. I love you... and with everything you've done for me, it's obvious I could never love you enough." She leaned in and kissed his cheek with a gentle smile. "Now... why don't you tell me about what's burdening you? You look troubled."

Daisie Daisie

Arcanus was shocked to find the bird walking beside him. So many times he'd have to chase after her and talk her down from causing a catastrophe, sometimes at his own expense. It was a surprise to see her pull herself back above the water on her own... Especially so quickly. At first, he had to give her a dubious look, as this didn't seem like something April would do. But as she talked on, he smiled, blushing slightly. He couldn't describe how comforting it was to know that she could take care of herself... At least, for the time being. He would never say it aloud, but April's volatile nature was, in fact, a heavy burden for him. Now that she was showing signs of being able to handle herself on her own... Arcanus let out a sigh. Partially in exhaustion, but also in relief.

"A-Ah.... It is good to hear that." He told her, truthfully. As he thought about her question, he rubbed his head, still clearly stressed. "And, well.... Truly, what is there not to be troubled about? It is the end of the world, and we are the one string that is holding it together. Not only that, but... With a family at odds with each other, how can you expect us to preform our best in battle? The weight of the entire world, Pokemon and humans alike, rests on our shoulders... And here we are, quarreling over such things that seem so petty and unimportant in hindsight. We've met face-to-face with Arceus. Does this not all seem a little juvenile?"

He stops and chuckles a little bit. "You must be rubbing off on me. More than once I've had the urge to shout something along the lines of 'Just suck it up and get along, already'. In true April fashion, of course. Oh, how a journey can change someone."

Assailant Assailant

"Give this to them, alright?" Rosie asked her little Sylveon as they were done eating, smiling when Cadence took the plate with verve and trotted off.

Rosie then turned her head towards her new friends, finding it strange that Alistair called his Drampa "Ma", as in addressing ones mother casually, but she shrugged it off fairly quickly, figuring there was little reason to dwell on it. She finished her pokepuffs after what seemed like ages, decorating the yellow (lemony- flavored) ones for her savior, The Latias of their group. She smiled happily as the star shaped sprinkles looked adorable.

"Well, what do you think?" Ro asked her Blissey, almost giggling but not quite, as she did so and showed Felicia the plate, proud of her work for a change.

The Blissey, for being the pokemon of joy and happiness, didn't exactly look happy upon receiving the plate to deliver, for some reason. There was a troubled look scrawled all over Felicia's face.

"...Hey, is something the matter, Felifeli?" Rosie asked her sweet Blissey, who wasn't normally like this at all.

At this question Felicia seemed to wince, flinch, and practically sprang up simultaneously, causing Ro to shoot her a more than concerned glance. The Blissey tried to play it cool by shaking it off and taking the plate without addressing it further.

"Feli..?" Rosie was about to stop her and ask, when her Typhlosion, her trusted Ceres, approached her, gesturing to Felicia and then the pokepuffs, taking a while for Ro to process until she finally figured out that Ceres was offering to help Felicia deliver the other plates, the ones for the male Lati's.

"A-a-a-ah, o-of course, r-r-r-r-right!" Ro stumbled and stuttered, embarrassed by her lack of competence, as she quickly served up two other plates as well (and she was glad these meals weren't very liquid-y because these paper plates, though a generous amount, would have worn thin quite easily as they seemed to be a flimsy, thin brand, even for paper) with both puffs and malasadas.

"Here!" Ro cheered as she handed the Lava pokemon the other two plates, happy for Cere's help.

Her Typhlosion smiled, respectfully bowed, and then went off to follow Felicia to give the Lati's their portion of dinner.

Rosie waved at her pokemon as they embarked on their errand, then directing her attention to the only other human around. She smiled at his words, and agreed with his philosophy, deeming him a good person, a good friend, and a good trainer. Her brother and mother would be very fond him. He was both exactly the same as, and total opposite of, Elias... When she thought about it. He had stolen his first pokemon, but despite them always losing to Ceres and her team, he treated them with kindness and respect, like Alistair was doing right now.

"I wonder what Elias would think of him? So similar and yet, so different..." Ro caught herself thinking, blushing and shaking the thought off almost instantly. Now was NOT the time!

As the two loyal pokemon begin walking, Ceres felt like she could trip and fall over the unease Felicia was exerting. There was no real temperature in this realm (aside from close to the fire or anywhere Kaine was, really) and yet she could swear she saw the Blissey sweat!

"Those look... very nice," Ceres stated after clearing her throat, appreciating Ro's handiwork as she saw how masterful the puffs were frosted and decorated.

She wasn't really in such a talkative mood she'd strike up small talk, but Felicia seemed so worked up, and Ceres couldn't help but feel it was partially her fault... After that conversation with Kaine and the others she knew she instilled fear and worry of the Lati's into all of them, Felicia most of all, it seemed.

"Nice enough to impress Emlas?" Felicia responded back quietly, doubt coating her tone, as the two walked over to where the Lati's were resting.

"...Naturally," Ceres nodded, having faith, if anything, in the love Ro puts into everything and anything she does.

"...Good. Good. Th-that's good, yeah..." Felicia nodded, though it could have just been her shaking.

Ceres was beside herself with worry too, but unlike Felicia, she was smart enough to know "never let 'em see you sweat", and Felicia needed to be reminded of that phrase as well.

"...Keep in mind, right now our best bet to ensure Ro's safety is kindness. We need to sympathize with what happened, and not forget Ro is standing there right now because of Emlas. If anything, that fact alone should make this all the easier..." Ceres borderline whispered to her sister.

Felicia looked at her, lost for a moment, but then a sincere smile finally graced her face.

Ceres was the most mature out of all of them, having developed mentally the most in her life. Technically, in Typhlosion years, she had already lived half of her life.

Despite the uncertainty and doubt, the two approached the Lati's with food plates in hand and smiles on their faces.

"Here you go, Emlas," Felicia smiled as she set the plate with the decorated pokepuffs in front of her down, adding, "Sorry Ae-- Er, Magnus didn't deliver these to you, he's having a hard time getting around flying in this place granted how gravity works... or uh, maybe doesn't quite work, here... haha..."

Ceres placed the other plates in front of the two male Lati, nodding as she agreed with Felicias feelings: Magnus would have been a much better deliverer granted his sunny disposition... which the Lati's desperately needed at this time.

Latios Latios

"Benvolio: Part, fools!
Put up your swords; you know not what you do.
[Beats down their swords]

[Enter TYBALT]

Tybalt: What, art thou drawn among these heartless hinds?
Turn thee, Benvolio, look upon thy death.
Benvolio: I do but keep the peace: put up thy sword,
Or manage it to part these men with me.
Tybalt: What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word,
As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee:
Have at thee, coward!

[They fight]

[Enter, several of both houses, who join the fray;
Then enter Citizens, with clubs]

First Citizen: Clubs, bills, and partisans! strike! beat them down!
Down with the Capulets! Down with the Montagues!

[Enter CAPULET in his gown, and LADY CAPULET]

Capulet: What noise is this? Give me my long sword, ho!
Lady Capulet: A crutch, a crutch! Why call you for a sword?
Capulet: My sword, I say! Old Montague is come,
And flourishes his blade in spite of me.

[Enter MONTAGUE and LADY MONTAGUE]

Montague: Thou villain Capulet,—Hold me not, let me go.
Lady Montague: Thou shalt not stir a foot to seek a foe.

[Enter PRINCE, with Attendants]

Prince Escalus: Rebellious subjects, enemies to peace,
Profaners of this neighbour-stained steel,—
Will they not hear? What, ho! You men, you beasts,
That quench the fire of your pernicious rage
With purple fountains issuing from your veins,
On pain of torture, from those bloody hands
Throw your mistemper'd weapons to the ground,
And hear the sentence of your moved prince.
Three civil brawls, bred of an airy word,
By thee, old Capulet, and Montague,
Have thrice disturb'd the quiet of our streets,
And made Verona's ancient citizens
Cast by their grave beseeming ornaments,
To wield old partisans, in hands as old,
Canker'd with peace, to part your canker'd hate:
If ever you disturb our streets again,
Your lives shall pay the forfeit of the peace.
For this time, all the rest depart away:
You Capulet; shall go along with me:
And, Montague, come you this afternoon,
To know our further pleasure in this case,
To old Free-town, our common judgment-place.
Once more, on pain of death, all men depart.

[Exeunt all but MONTAGUE, LADY MONTAGUE, and BENVOLIO]"

"Heh! Oh my! S-s-sounds like they got in trouble by the h-h-higher ups, huh?" Charise half-heartedly chuckled as she finished reading Prince Escalus breaking up the no doubt inevitable fight between the two families. It saddened her it took the Prince to stop their fighting and almost reminded Charise of the fights Ro and her brother used to get into when they were smaller, how she and Synne had to mediate them and when they couldn't their Mother certainly could! And with about as much authority as Prince Escalus!

She cleared her throat a tad, fearing she sounded simple-minded, and looked away a moment (she didn't know why, its not like Max could see her blush or the look of worry on her face).

"This Tybalt seems like quite a nasty fellow, doesn't he?" Charise stated after her pause, chuckling a bit while adding, "I wonder had Mamba read this book if Tybalt would have been his favorite character, hah!"

She wasn't normally one to do such unrefined things as bad-mouth others, especially behind their back (as Charise and Ro were both firm believers in "Small minds discuss people, but great minds discuss ideals"), but after all that blessed Seviper had put her through in just the last time they met... She figured she more than earned that right. It was her purple heart for tolerating such a loveless creature.

"Heh heh, yeah, you could say Prince Escalus... DE-ESCALATED the situation!? Eh? EH!?" came an all too familiar voice beside her.

"AUGH!??! C-C-CADENCE!? WH-WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! S-S-SINCE WHEN WERE YOU RELEASED?!" Charise shouted in a panic, gasping out those shouts.

"Ro let us go to eat dinner, and asked me to give you guys your portion... DUU-UH," Cadence answered blankly while staring just as emotionless, with maybe a tad bit of annoyance in that last part. She then lowered her head to the "ground" where a plate of pokepuffs and malasadas were resting, and gently scooted it towards them with her nose.

"E-er... Uhm... right... Th-thank yo--"

"Isn't that the book Mamba gave you? Seriously? You didn't trash that thing??" Cadence asked in confusion, tilting her head at the Embrace Pokemon.

"I-I'm not going to throw away a p-perfectly good book just because I despise who gave i-it to me! A-are you mad?!" Charise stumbled and fumbled, almost losing her page and hiding her flustered face with the book. Charise had always been a book worm, Cadence knew this.

"Nah, I ain't even mad, though," Cadence matter-of-factly replied, giving the magnolia-clad Gardevoir a sly smirk while adding teasingly and in an almost husky voice (no doubt meant to embarrass Charise further), "But, uh, can't say the same for Mamba if he knew who you were reading it with... and how cozy reading it with him you were, ahuhuhu~"

"Ulala, Cha-reese's pieces! First he's rockin' the same ever-lasting magnolia you are, down to getting it from the same garden you did, NOW you're snuggling up with him reading your favorite book~? Scandalous~! <3" The Sylveon, while teasing her relentlessly, at least had the mercy to add that last part in private via telepathy.

"Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up! For the love of Arceus SHUT! UP! " Charise spammed Cadence back telepathically in return.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, Y-YES, WELL, TH-THANK YOU CADENCE. WE HAVE OUR DINNER, YOU M-M-MAY TAKE YOUR LEAVE NOW, A-A-AHAHA..." Charsise finally gritted through her teeth, trying to threaten through the stutters, bumbling, and embarassment she was feeling.

She didn't really know why she was trying so hard to not lose her temper at her annoying little sister because, whether she sounded it or not and whether Max could see or not, he clearly already knew what she was feeling because he could sense it. Then again, the word of the day (or possibly Charise's life) was futility.

And Cadence knew it too, the twit.

She wasn't fazed by Charise's tone at all, in fact she wagged her tail (rather loudly thumping it against the "ground" to the point it was uncouth) and winked at her. Charise, in turn, glared at her and jerked her arm towards Ro and the others, pointing as aggressively as she could in a clear "get out of here" notion.
1366937079093.gif
"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmkay, wwwwwwwwwwelllllllllllll, I can see I'm not wanted heeeere, sooooooooo... Buh-Byyyyyyyyyyeeeeee~!" Cadence bid them both good-bye, as slowly as possible simply to vex Charise. She then turned, almost indignantly, and trotted off somewhere else.

"I-I'm dr-dreadfully s-sorry about her, Max," Charise sighed while massaging her temples from all the stress that one conversation caused, then burying her face in her hands (uncomfortably as her cheeks were now red hot) hoping he wouldn't sense her feeling just now, "I'm just... Sorry."

Assailant Assailant

Last edited by a moderator:
April laughed awkwardly as Arcanus spoke. "W-well... sometimes it pays to blunt, I guess." She hummed a bit. "Well, it does kind of make sense. The whole 'end of the world' thing is probably stressing people out which raises tensions, making even small things enough to cause an explosion. It's stupid, but it makes sense. Disaster brings out the best and worst in everyone, I guess."

April nuzzled him for a moment before gaining a concerned look. "Arc, you... I mean... do you..." She paused with an uneasy looked before shaking her head. After a few more moments, she gave him a supportive smile. "Do you want to be alone for a bit? You seem exhausted. It's okay if you do."

Daisie Daisie

Max chuckled at Charise's comment. "Mamba, huh? Hmm... I doubt it. Tybalt is not suave enough to be Mamba's type," Max said with a rare tone of mockery and even scorn in his voice. "'Dearest Benvolio,'" he said in as close to a mimicry of Mamba's voice as he could manage. "'I am simply afraid that negotiations and peaceful resolution will not be possible. For you see, I am afraid I quite loath the... individuals you associate with by blood. Perhaps we can come to an agreement via... other means?'" It was quite obvious that Max was speaking from a place of scorn, though he followed his soliloquy with a good natured laugh. "At the very least-"

At this moment, however, he was interrupted by Cadence's intervention. "Ah, greetings Cadence," he spoke politely to her as an introduction, but then she continued. As she went on, Max's cheeks became more and more red, though he said nothing for a time. As Cadence left and Charise apologized, Max coughed and tried to relieve himself of the warm feeling in his cheeks.

"Ahem, ahem, ahem," he cleared his throat awkwardly. "Um... uh, y-yes, of course. I do not mind it. B-being cozy with another is a good thing, ahem."

Minako Minako

Arcanus looked down at the ground, thinking. As much as he loved being with his bird, he had to admit that even he needed some time for himself... With an exhausted sigh, he gratefully told her "Yes... Indeed, I would prefer to spend tonight alone. At least for a little while...."

"Thank you... That is very considerate of you..." He laid his hands on April's shoulders, giving her a soft kiss on the beak. "I'll still be here in the morning, love. As long as it's okay with you."

Assailant Assailant

"It's fine." Emlas said having already taken note of everyone's unusual mobility around here. She however wasn't effected by it so she did find it strange when she had first seen the rest of the ground trying to get around awkwardly, but eventually though simply observing she figured it out. "Although... What exactly are these?" She had never seen such food before and she never really hung around humans. The only kinds of food she was familiar with was anything that could be found in forest by her home and things that could be hunted and eaten.

Latios meanwhile had been sleeping when the food was delivered to him. He opened his eyes as they approached to find out who exatly was coming and if he should defend himself. Seeing the large Typhlosion coming was not the most comforting sight to see but the food, or what he could at lest assume was food, made him decide to let him come near. However behind him Latios could hear Edron growling, ready to fend off the approaching Pokemon... to which Latios gave him a quick bonk to the head to shut him up. "Oh please Edron. Like a quadruped like him is going to be able to attack us with his front paws full. Or are you so weak that you can't even defend yourself if he was to pull a surprise attack." Edron stayed silent, however Latios could practically feel his displeasure and rage with this situation. He could probably safely bet that Edron was going to, or at lest try to, kill someone by the time this whole journey was over.

Upon receiving the food, Latios cautiously looked at it, trying to figure out what it was. Hearing Emlas ask that question, he guess he was about to find out. However Edron didn't wait as he quickly tossed his plate the human food strait over the edge of the cliff they were resting next to.
Minako Minako Assailant Assailant

April cooed happily as Arcanus kissed her beak, and then sighed a melancholy sigh. "Alright. I will see you in the morning, Arc. I love you." She gave him one more kiss on the cheek and then walked off. She had to admit, this had her feeling very downtrodden. She knew in her heart that giving him space was the right thing to do, but that didn't mean she was all that happy about it. Desperate to distract herself, she looked around and set her eyes on probably the only person who would stand to talk to her. As it just so happened, she seemed to be having a good time.

"Hey Ribbons!" April called out to Cadence, slowly waddling her way over to her... damn, walking on her talons was super inconvenient. "Watcha up to?"

Daisie Daisie Minako Minako

"O-oh, well, they're--" The Blissey happily began to explain to the young red Eon pokemon... Until she saw her elder brother inconsiderately toss Ro's puffs and Alistair's malasadas off the cliff like they were garbage, completely forgetting the Latias' question and ignoring the black Latis examination of his puffs.

She glared, practically snarling, at the rude pokemon. She'd double-slap the stupid off of him if she could, but that would take the better part of a year and she just didn't have time for that.

"HEY!! WHAT'S YOUR DAMAGE,YOU--!!" Felicia was losing her temper with the blue Lati real fast.

Felicia considered herself a patient Blissey, and as such there was A LOT Felicia was willing to put up with, there were a lot of insults she was able to take in stride and smile regardless... but one thing she had a very LOW tolerance of was insulting her family. He knew what he was doing, he knew exactly what he was expressing when tossing those puffs and malasadas aside, and the only thing keeping her from using a thunderbolt (as her good trainer thought some offensive moves might help Felicia defend herself) was Ceres paw coming between a confronting Felicia and Edron. Had Ceres not interjected when she did there might have been a pokemon battle here in the distortion realm...

The Blissey didn't stop herself for Edrons sake, she stopped herself for Ceres' and Ro's sake.

She wasn't sure if Edron caught it, but for a split second the fire on Ceres back neck flared just a bit brighter when she saw the gesture. She was extremely pissed off by the gesture as well... Yet her demeanor shifted back to normal instantly and her words almost dismissed the ungrateful blue pissant.

"I understand your frustration, and I also understand that in your anger you cannot establish who it is and who it isn't okay to treat with scorn and when expressing your anger you lash out as such--"

"Because you're so selfish, arrogant, and foolish!" Felicia thought, her glare softening to a mere frown.

"That being said, what you did was not okay and neither was treating us as such no matter your mood, and while you merely wished to aggravate us, you've really only hurt yourself: We are NOT going to bring you another plate for tonight, now that we know you're going to waste it, and there are no pokemon in this realm to hunt to quell your appetite until we leave here tomorrow. Until we leave here tomorrow, we are your sole food source. You're at the mercy of your siblings and how sharing they are if you grow hungry during the night."

"...Hope your stomach uncomfortably growls and keeps you up all night, you jerk," Felicia scorned again internally. She brought up another point, that there were pokemon without trainers who were starving, wishing for ANYTHING HALFWAY EDIBLE, to say nothing of the delicious puff and dreamy malasadas their human friends made.

Upon noticing a young Ralts, almost gasping, and then quickly shaking it off, Ceres smiled at them and added, "I'm sorry, little one, we only brought plates to the Lati's, but if you want, we can bring you a plate as well? Or would you rather come with us?"

Felicia was able to compose herself enough to smile genuinely and apologetically at the Ralts as well, feeling bad their first impression of her was an angry one.

Latios Latios

"Hmph, serves her right getting all cuddly with a stranger like that..." Cadence huffed internally as she didn't quite isolate herself from everyone, but remained a few paces away from Ro and Alistair's group, "...Maybe I was too hard on her?"

She then giggled and shook her head at the thought.

"Nah! Besides, she needs to loosen up and live a little! Get a sense of humor! She's always so uptight!"

With that, she smiled ear to ear (as much as a Sylveon could smile) and began using her feelers/ribbons as a jump rope! This was one of her most favorite things of being a Sylveon (aside from a well placed moonblast of hers sending dragon-type pokemon crying home to their mommas! Ha!).

She hopped contentedly while giggling lightly to herself and sang a little ditty her and Bernelle used to sing when they were younger and used to jump rope quite frequently:

"Teddiursa, Teddiursa! Turn around!

Teddiursa, Teddiursa! Touch the ground!

Teddiursa, Teddiursa! Show your shoe!

Teddiursa, Teddiursa! That! Will! Do!"

She didn't miss a single jump!

"Hm...?" She thought to herself, stopping her jump rope game when she heard a familiar bird call out to her.

A coy smile and knowing glance graced her face as the Pidgeot approached her, "Hey Feathers! Not much, not much... just Ponyta-ing around... Heh... Heard ya were causing all sorts of mischief while I was returned to my pokeball...! Now, you know I'm not gonna give you anymore pokemon unless you learn to take care of them!"

Then a sly wink followed by a sincere and sympathetic smile painted itself onto the Intertwining pokemons face, as if to show sympathy for her situation and open it up for April to talk (or joke) about what happened at her leisure.

"So, what can the great Cadence do for you? What are you up to?" The small Sylveon asked the pretty Pidgeot, at saying the word "great" she wiggled her ribbony feelers (and her tail) in an overly dramatic fashion while making an ":o" face, just to lighten the mood and show she wasn't actually that vain.

"R-r-r-ri-right! N-nothing wrong w-with i-it at all... Erm... Though there's no real temperature here... s-so, i-it's not exactly necessary..." Charise bit her lip while subtly (as subtle as she could) scooting herself off and away from Max a bit.

It was totally unnecessary...

Well, at least, she imagined, for him...

"He's just here because Emlas is in a mood... The moment he knows she's feeling better he's going to rush to her side faster than Magnus and Cadence racing towards the kitchen when Ro calls them for dinner..." She thought to herself, a pang of hurt and disappointment reminding her of the harsh truth of reality.

She internally sighed, allowing herself a five-second pity party, and then shook it off: This time she recalled Max had the (rather inconvenient) ability to read emotions and if he sensed her feelings now he may be uncomfortable all night...

"Alright, let us continue," Charise started again after the pause and clearing her throat:

Montague: Who set this ancient quarrel new abroach?

Speak, nephew, were you by when it began?

Benvolio: Here were the servants of your adversary,

And yours, close fighting ere I did approach:

I drew to part them: in the instant came

The fiery Tybalt, with his sword prepared,

Which, as he breathed defiance to my ears,

He swung about his head and cut the winds,

Who nothing hurt withal hiss'd him in scorn:

While we were interchanging thrusts and blows,

Came more and more and fought on part and part,

Till the prince came, who parted either part.

Lady Montague: O, where is Romeo? saw you him to-day?

Right glad I am he was not at this fray.

Benvolio: Madam, an hour before the worshipp'd sun

Peer'd forth the golden window of the east,

A troubled mind drave me to walk abroad;

Where, underneath the grove of sycamore

That westward rooteth from the city's side,

So early walking did I see your son:

Towards him I made, but he was ware of me

And stole into the covert of the wood:

I, measuring his affections by my own,

That most are busied when they're most alone,

Pursued my humour not pursuing his,

And gladly shunn'd who gladly fled from me.

Montague: Many a morning hath he there been seen,

With tears augmenting the fresh morning dew.

Adding to clouds more clouds with his deep sighs;

But all so soon as the all-cheering sun

Should in the furthest east begin to draw

The shady curtains from Aurora's bed,

Away from the light steals home my heavy son,

And private in his chamber pens himself,

Shuts up his windows, locks far daylight out

And makes himself an artificial night:

Black and portentous must this humour prove,

Unless good counsel may the cause remove.

Benvolio: My noble uncle, do you know the cause?

Montague: I neither know it nor can learn of him.

Benvolio: Have you importuned him by any means?

Montague: Both by myself and many other friends:

But he, his own affections' counsellor,

Is to himself—I will not say how true—

But to himself so secret and so close,

So far from sounding and discovery,

As is the bud bit with an envious worm,

Ere he can spread his sweet leaves to the air,

Or dedicate his beauty to the sun.

Could we but learn from whence his sorrows grow.

We would as willingly give cure as know.

[Enter ROMEO]

Benvolio: See, where he comes: so please you, step aside;

I'll know his grievance, or be much denied.

Montague: I would thou wert so happy by thy stay,

To hear true shrift. Come, madam, let's away.

[Exeunt MONTAGUE and LADY MONTAGUE]

"Oh! Romeo's here! And his relation to Benvolio is that he is his cousin! How quaint, don't you think, Max?" Charise exclaimed excitedly as she approached that part and looked to Max for his reaction to the news.

Assailant Assailant

Last edited:
"Well," April scoffed as she finally neared the Sylveon. "If you ever did give me a Pokemon, I'd beat you if it were Emlas. I'm trying to make things right now, but she's..." April growled under her breath. "She's not making it easy, to say the least..." The bird let out a drawn out exhale and plopped down. "It's like... urgh, whatever." She looked over to the Lucario and Gardevoir. "What are they up to? I saw you hanging out over there, and they didn't look too pleased."

Minako Minako

"Ahah..." Max seemed notably disappointed as Charise shuffled away and was flustered. Had he made her uncomfortable? What had he done? Did she... did he...

Max was running over questions in his mind when she asked him something. Caught off guard, he nervously chuckled. "A-ah... yes, quite," he said with a plastered on smile. In truth, he hadn't even really heard what she'd said. He was still caught up in his head, nervously running over every possibility in his head. He began to notice an almost crushing exhaustion on him.

Cadence trotted a bit toward her, closing their gap, almost rolling her eyes at the Pidgeots "threat", but for some reason stopped midway when April said Emlas' name.

"Well, yeah, what'd ya expect? It's Emlas!" Cadence scoffed right back at her playfully, continuing with, "I like her fine, especially after what I heard she did for Ro, but plain and simple the girl ain't got much maturity? She's been more sheltered than a Shellder that never comes out of it's shell! Add to that two overbearing chuckleheads more busy being edgy than actually helping her develop and you got a perfect recipe for disaster... I know Maggie ain't the most sharpest tool in the toolshed, either, but at least he gets around and has seen stuff. We've LET HIM see stuff. Heck, we didn't even bat an eye when he changed his own name! Anyway, You wanna make things right with her, ya gotta be patient and be the bigger Pokemon or else this is gonna drive you more crazier than it already seems to be--"

She was about to add some advice on being the bigger Pokemon and how to maintain patience whe April glanced towards Charise and Max and inquired about them, earning an indignantly look (though not directed at her) followed by a pout. Her tail was also thumping against the ground rather displeased.

"Psssh!" She saucily responded, keeping the pout, adding, "I don't even know! Charise is too much a bookworm to throw away that stupid book MAMBA gave her, and to top it off she ain't even reading it with who she wants to! I only went over there to give 'em their dinner and they were all comfy and cozy, so I gave her a hard time about it just cause and then she got all prissy on me, so I bailed~!"

Looking away coyly and still slightly pursing her lips, it was clear Cadence wasn't exactly happy with that interaction either, though she wasn't going through great lengths to hide the fact she was telling April a somewhat perverted version of the events that transpired.

She did try to, and possibly fail, hide a look of relief on her face once she had let all that huffiness out, as she didn't even know she needed to talk about what just happened until April asked her.

As the poor Embrace Pokemon no doubt suspected: Max was becoming uninterested in being with her and reading with her. Charise shot him a sympathetic smile, slightly nodding. She didn't do it for him, however (with him being blind, the notion would be in vain) but more so for herself. She hoped he at least felt she was sympathetic towards him.

"Sorry you're stuck with me, Max, I know this is probably terribly boring and I'm no Emlas... M... Maybe I'll ask you in the morning if you need help getting to her, since she may feel better then," Charise thought to herself upon seeing Max completely unengaged in the book and conversation. She could feel the tension thick enough to be able to be cut with a knife, but well, there was just nothing to be done on her end.

She felt like a horrible person keeping him here, but he didn't seem to be actively protesting his second choice, so Charise could do nothing but shrug and keep on keeping on, at his own request!

She wondered if she told Ceres about this if she would think him confused or cruel?

Suddenly her heart nearly stopped: Ceres. If Cadence was out for dinner, so was everyone else no doubt... Including Ceres! Who wouldn't approve of this!

She quickly looked around and finally spotted her near where the Lati's were, as far away as possible while still being somewhat within eyesight of the humans.

Thank goodness.

"W-well, I think Benvolio is a polite, pleasant person so far and I'm sure he'll be the same as a cousin! L-let's find out!" Charise went right back to reading, figuring there was no point forcing conversation out of him now that he was in a situation.

Benvolio: Good-morrow, cousin.
Romeo: Is the day so young?
Benvolio: But new struck nine.
Romeo: Ay me! sad hours seem long.
Was that my father that went hence so fast?
Benvolio: It was. What sadness lengthens Romeo's hours?
Romeo: Not having that, which, having, makes them short.
Benvolio: In love?
Romeo: Out—
Benvolio: Of love?
Romeo: Out of her favour, where I am in love.
Benvolio: Alas, that love, so gentle in his view,
Should be so tyrannous and rough in proof!
Romeo: Alas, that love, whose view is muffled still,
Should, without eyes, see pathways to his will!
Where shall we dine? O me! What fray was here?
Yet tell me not, for I have heard it all.
Here's much to do with hate, but more with love.
Why, then, O brawling love! O loving hate!
O any thing, of nothing first create!
O heavy lightness! serious vanity!
Mis-shapen chaos of well-seeming forms!
Feather of lead, bright smoke, cold fire,
sick health!
Still-waking sleep, that is not what it is!
This love feel I, that feel no love in this.
Dost thou not laugh?
Benvolio: No, coz, I rather weep.
Romeo: Good heart, at what?
Benvolio: At thy good heart's oppression.
Romeo: Why, such is love's transgression.
Griefs of mine own lie heavy in my breast,
Which thou wilt propagate, to have it prest
With more of thine: this love that thou hast shown
Doth add more grief to too much of mine own.
Love is a smoke raised with the fume of sighs;
Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes;
Being vex'd a sea nourish'd with lovers' tears:
What is it else? a madness most discreet,
A choking gall and a preserving sweet.
Farewell, my coz.
Benvolio: Soft! I will go along;
An if you leave me so, you do me wrong.
Romeo: Tut, I have lost myself; I am not here;
This is not Romeo, he's some other where.
Benvolio: Tell me in sadness, who is that you love.
Romeo: What, shall I groan and tell thee?
Benvolio: Groan! Why, no.
But sadly tell me who.
Romeo: Bid a sick man in sadness make his will:
Ah, word ill urged to one that is so ill!
In sadness, cousin, I do love a woman.
Benvolio: I aim'd so near, when I supposed you loved.
Romeo: A right good mark-man! And she's fair I love.
Benvolio:. A right fair mark, fair coz, is soonest hit.
Romeo: Well, in that hit you miss: she'll not be hit
With Cupid's arrow; she hath Dian's wit;
And, in strong proof of chastity well arm'd,
From love's weak childish bow she lives unharm'd.
She will not stay the siege of loving terms,
Nor bide the encounter of assailing eyes,
Nor ope her lap to saint-seducing gold:
O, she is rich in beauty, only poor,
That when she dies with beauty dies her store.
Benvolio: Then she hath sworn that she will still live chaste?
Romeo: She hath, and in that sparing makes huge waste,
For beauty starved with her severity
Cuts beauty off from all posterity.
She is too fair, too wise, wisely too fair,
To merit bliss by making me despair:
She hath forsworn to love, and in that vow
Do I live dead that live to tell it now.
Benvolio: Be ruled by me, forget to think of her.
Romeo: O, teach me how I should forget to think.
Benvolio: By giving liberty unto thine eyes;
Examine other beauties.

Charise smiled and placed her hand to her spine on her chest. She was touched by Benvolio's words. He was indeed a good cousin, as she had suspected. She almost wanted to compare herself to be Benvolio to Ro's Romeo, but then she recalled that Romeo DIES at the end and really that killed any chance of wanting a Romeo comparison ANYWHERE NEAR HER RO.

She took a quick glance at Max and wondered if he'd be like this if Emlas rejected him...

Come to think of it, he hadn't actually shown any special favor towards Emlas since they've met... The only "proof" she had was Maggie's account, though to be fair even for someone as naive as him that was a pretty solid "testimony" granted the words he said Max used verbatim.

Even still... Her mind wandered...

She shook her head a moment later. It was none of her business, and honestly, she was asking questions she didn't really want the answers to. It would hurt her too much.

Would reading this part be therapeutic for Max if he was rejected? Had he confronted Emlas alread--

She lightly slapped her head as she shook it, punishing it for thinking thoughts that were nothing but trouble, realizing she had been silent and staring at the blind Lucario a few moments enough to make it awkward.

"M-max--" Charise squeaked, making it sound as if she was awaiting his input, which, naturally, was half the truth, then something hit her.

"Wait... Juliet hasn't been introduced yet... And this is their love story... Had it begun with her rejecting him??" She heard herself ask, rereading previous passages and flipping through past pages to make sure she didn't miss the young Capulet girl.

Assailant Assailant

Last edited:
*+-April chuckled. "Sounds like those two might have a little something-something going on." She held her gaze on them for a few moments before turning to Cadence once more. "Odd though, I really had him pegged for an 'Emlas' sort. Gotta say though, if he changed his mind, that might be the best decision he's ever made. Orion's more mature than her, and he's four. Plus, it's obvious Charise might very well actually reciprocate those feelings..."

She wasn't really the type to gossip for the most part... well, unless it would hurt people... ugh, she really was a bitch wasn't she... at any rate, it wasn't like she really cared all that much about their love life, she just wanted to get her mind off of everything for a moment. Besides, it proved a... relevant enough topic.

"Which," she added, "as it would happen, you don't seem quite pleased about. You got something against Max... or Charise?"

Max sighed as Charise asked her question. "Perhaps, but I doubt it. Benvolio is encouraging him to seek other loves, as it were, so it is likely Juliet will be said other love. The end of one story is often the beginning of another, in truth."

Minako Minako

April hadn't exactly hit the nail on the head, but as soon as her question was asked a guilty look plastered the small Sylveon's face and she sort of hung her head to complete looking the part.

After a few moments, and with much hesitation, Cadence explained herself.

"No... It's.... It's not that, Feathers," The Intertwine Pokemon began, and the sincerity in her tone ensured that what she was saying did indeed ring with the whole truth, then followed by, "Charise is my sister I've known all my life, of course I care about her, and I don't know Max well enough to peg him entirely, but he seems nice enough, and he did save Charise back at Florina's... It's... It's just... weird... is all."

Another troubled look came about during her pause, but she didn't want to leave April hanging, so she continued.

"I mean... just with everything going on... E-everything changing for the worse... a-and possibly staying that way if we fail, and... I dunno... It's all new and junk and I'm not sure I'm ready for all this pressure and responsibility...and change..." She shifted uncomfortably as she said this, hating looking vulnerable, as she imagined she did.

Cadence wasn't blatant about it, but a small part of her body-language was indicating that she wasn't exactly talking about just this adventure.

"And yeah... I thought he liked Emlas, too... I'm pretty sure Maggie mentioned he said he did like Emlas... Which makes it all the weirder he doesn't seem to be pursuing her NOW... Er, I mean, In the sense that you'd think lovesick puppies would wanna be with their object of affection, not that one would sensibly pick her over my sister--"

When she said that last part there was a bit of pride in that statement.

"But you get what I mean, I just... Don't want her anymore hurt than she's already been... Mamba put her through enough our last visit alone, and I don't want poor Charise hurt when Max does pick Emlas, you know? I know I give her a hard time mostly, but you know... I like to harp on those I love the most sometimes... Nothing wrong with playful ribbing... I can't help it... I think that's why I wanted to be friends with you, we're sort of kindred spirits like that..."

Charise stared at him wide-eyed and gaping. She was so glad Max couldn't see her face right now.

"That's--" He would hear.

"Th-that's so..." She continued.

"That's so fascinating!!!" She finally blurted with an odd sort of enthusiasm.

"And too true! Too true! When one door closes, surely, another one opens!!" Charise cheered, even if it was a little quietly for cheering standards, most likely so as not to warrant more outside attention.

She placed a gentle hand on Max's shoulders, happily, and looked at him with a genuine smile, "Ooooh! Now I can't wait for them to meet! This is so interesting!!"

She lovingly tapped his shoulder with said hand on it, as if to tell him "pay attention" (since "look here" was obviously out of the question), and let out a small giggle as she flipped back to the page where they left off and continued reading, which a bit more speed and gusto than before:

Romeo: 'Tis the way
To call hers exquisite, in question more:
These happy masks that kiss fair ladies' brows
Being black put us in mind they hide the fair;
He that is strucken blind cannot forget
The precious treasure of his eyesight lost:
Show me a mistress that is passing fair,
What doth her beauty serve, but as a note
Where I may read who pass'd that passing fair?
Farewell: thou canst not teach me to forget.
Benvolio: I'll pay that doctrine, or else die in debt.

[Exeunt]

There was then an indicator that the play was transitioning to the next scene.

"Oh, we're at Act I, Scene II, and it starts off on a street--" Charise quickly explained, clearly wanting to go back to reading.

[Enter CAPULET, PARIS, and Servant]

Capulet: But Montague is bound as well as I,
In penalty alike; and 'tis not hard, I think,
For men so old as we to keep the peace.
Paris: Of honourable reckoning are you both;
And pity 'tis you lived at odds so long.
But now, my lord, what say you to my suit?
Capulet: But saying o'er what I have said before:
My child is yet a stranger in the world;
She hath not seen the change of fourteen years,
Let two more summers wither in their pride,
Ere we may think her ripe to be a bride.
Paris: Younger than she are happy mothers made.
Capulet: And too soon marr'd are those so early made.
The earth hath swallow'd all my hopes but she,
She is the hopeful lady of my earth:
But woo her, gentle Paris, get her heart,
My will to her consent is but a part;
An she agree, within her scope of choice
Lies my consent and fair according voice.
This night I hold an old accustom'd feast,
Whereto I have invited many a guest,
Such as I love; and you, among the store,
One more, most welcome, makes my number more.
At my poor house look to behold this night
Earth-treading stars that make dark heaven light:
Such comfort as do lusty young men feel
When well-apparell'd April on the heel
Of limping winter treads, even such delight
Among fresh female buds shall you this night
Inherit at my house; hear all, all see,
And like her most whose merit most shall be:
Which on more view, of many mine being one
May stand in number, though in reckoning none,
Come, go with me.

[To Servant, giving a paper]

Go, sirrah, trudge about
Through fair Verona; find those persons out
Whose names are written there, and to them say,
My house and welcome on their pleasure stay.

[Exeunt CAPULET and PARIS]

Servant: Find them out whose names are written here! It is
written, that the shoemaker should meddle with his
yard, and the tailor with his last, the fisher with
his pencil, and the painter with his nets; but I am
sent to find those persons whose names are here
writ, and can never find what names the writing
person hath here writ. I must to the learned.—In good time.

[Enter BENVOLIO and ROMEO]

"Wow! And Juliet was so young! I hadn't realized!" Charise gasped, "A-and even at th-that young age, b-b-back then m-most gi-girls were m-m-others!"

She was blushing at this, but went on to tug at Max's fur gently, again to get his attention, chirping, "Oh! And here comes Romeo and Benvolio! They're surely going to read the paper Capulet had! Oh and just when they were talking about Juliet and marrying her off! I'm sure there's a reason for that, haha!"

She was so engrossed in the book now she didn't even realize how happy and smiling she was, assuredly forgetting how their story was destined to end.

Assailant Assailant

Last edited:
April hummed to herself as Cadence went on. "Yeah, I get where you're coming from. I've had a lot of bad change in my time, Ribbons... but I've also had some good change too, haven't I? Even on this trip... I..." April blushed heavily and looked away, glancing over at the resting Hypno. "I met the love of my life... the sweetest man I've ever met..." after a few moments, she coughed and shook her head clear. "B-beyond that, y-y'know..." she coughed once more.

"Besides, it could always be worse. As bad as things get, at least you have Odin. Max can't say that. At least you have Charise... I..." She lowered her head and sighed sadly. "You get the picture. Keep your chin up, we've got this."

"As for Max, well..." She hummed in thought for a bit. "I'm loath to admit this, and don't tell him I told you, but he's a cool guy. I mean, you could do a lot worse in terms of 'guys in this group to fall for.'" She leaned in and whispered in Cadence's ear. "If you told me she had a thing for Latios or, Arceus forbid, Edron, I'd have just gone ahead and euthanized her for ya right then and there." She leaned back out with a grin. "But Max is pretty good, solid second best. Of course, he's nowhere close to Arc, but that's an impossible bar. All of this to say, I'm sure he'll treat her well even if he does pick Emlas. After all, he's the only other person aside from Arc and Mom that I could never get to hate me when I was trying."

Max was smiling happily as she read until she got to a certain line. Max felt his face instantly drop and his blood run cold. He slowly raised his paw to his eyes and opened them, staring at the blackness in front of him.

"He that is strucken blind cannot forget
The precious treasure of his eyesight lost"
Max raised his paw and felt his eyes, their milky grayness staring out over the plane of distortion as he felt pain well up in his heart. Charise's words became muffled in his mind as he dwelled on the darkness in his vision. It was true... he couldn't stop wishing he had done things differently, that he had played his cards better. Even though it had only been a week or so, already he was forgetting what things looked like. Even simple thing. Perhaps, were he not blind, things would be better. Maybe Genesis wouldn't be dead. Maybe they wouldn't be stuck here. Maybe...

He was broken out of his train of thought by Charise tugging on his fur and talking. At her touch, Max felt a blush rise up on his cheek. The intense pain in his heart was dulled somewhat, and the happiness he was sensing off of her was almost intoxicating. How was it that, with so little done, she could push that pain away? She... truly was magnificent.

The pain wasn't gone, of course, but Charise had helped mitigate it. And so, like a moth drawn to a flame, Max felt himself wrap a paw around Charise and rest his head against her.

Minako Minako

Users who are viewing this thread

Back