• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Pokémon: Rise of Shadows

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Upon hearing the sounds of battle, alistair ran up to the area where it was taking place, He saw dark pokemon and normal ones fighting each other. Alistair had to help them, despite it looking like the shadows were losing. "Serenity, Venin! Come one out!" he shouted, throwing two pokeballs out, and out came Sereneity, A Drampa (alolan pokemon) and Venin, a Tyrantrum. "Venin, help the red one, Serenity, Take out the Salamence-looking one!" he instructed as venin sprinted over to Genesis, while Serenity took flight, and flew to help the Lati and Draka.

"Sorry to Crash the party, but we came to help!" Serenity said to Latios, edron, and Draka. She saw the Salamence charging at the Dragonite, and fired a Dragon Pulse ahead of the Salamence, landing a hit at the charging dragon. Though the salamence seemed tougher than the ones she had battled before.

On the ground, venin slammed into the Crawdaunt, knocking it back. His fangs turned blue, with an icy aura as he readied Ice Fang. "Come get some!!" He roared as genesis tried to figure out where his rescuer came from.
Alistair smiled as he watched the two help out the others. "Alright! Keep it up you two!" he shouted with encouragement as Venin got into a defensive stance. (I hope this is good... I thought it was a good time to bring them in.) Latios Latios Daisie Daisie Assailant Assailant

April dropped Max off a short way away, and flew back to see...

She looked around in confusion before staring at Alistair. "A trainer?" She fluttered about in confusion, but did not enter the fray herself

Arcanus took little time to look at the Trainer or their Pokemon, and instead turned around to deal with the crab army that had swarmed around them. He used Pound, Confusion, and Hypnosis on the three of them in front of him.

The Crawdaunt that Venin engaged in combat with used Crab Hammer, slamming its claw on Venin's head, causing him to wince as the pain was excruciating. Venin's fangs return to normal, and then Venin used Dragon Dance!
The tyrantrum growled as his fangs turned ice cold again, this time taking no hesitation in biting the Crawdaunt in the middle, after dodging anoth Crab Hammer. He bit down, and essentially bifurcates his opponent. Blood ran down his maw as he used Dragon Dance again, to prepare for more Crawdaunts. "Yeah, Venin! Keep going, You are doing Great!" Alistair encouraged Venin. The tyrantrum roared as he charged the crab army.

Genesis gets up, and followed Venin into the crab army, following his killer instinct.

With the addition of the giant Trex the Shadow craps realized they had no chance now and began to retreat to the waters. The Salamance also did so once he was outnumbered by several other dragons. Some of the crabs however foolishly stayed to distract the group as the other retreated.
Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie

Arcanus relaxed a little bit again as the crabs scurried back into the waters... He felt accomplished. But still some of the anger lingered beneath his skin, so he took it out on the remaining crabs. He picked out one of them and used Hypnosis, following it up with Nightmare soon after, when he had the chance to.

Latios Latios

With the shadows Retreating, the two newcomers returned to their Trainer. "You two did phenomenally! Your training and hard work finally paid off." Alistair said as he encouragingly rubbed Venin and Serenity's heads. They both enjoyed it, with happy growls. "Thank you!" they exclaimed, with alistair taking it as a happy roar. Alistair stopped, and dug into his bag, grabbing out two pokepuffs, which the two dragons chomped on. "I will get you guys some more later. Oh wait! We forgot introductions!" he exclaimed as he realized how rude he was being.

"Yes you are. Who are you?" Genesis asked aggressively as alistair stared on in shock. "I... I am Alistair Beale, and this is Venin, the Tyrantrum, and Serenity, the Drampa." He said in a shaky voice, since he was a little intimidated by the genesect. "You look familiar.... Hold on." he said as he dug through his bag, and grabbed out a picture. "No...." he stopped, and looked at Genesis. "You disappeared after l.... That..." was all Alistair could muster. Latios Latios Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie

Arcanus looked over at the trainer and their Pokemon with a look of concern on his face... The trainer - or the Pokemon, for that matter - didn't seem frightened at all by the fact that they had just been through a fight with the Shadows. Or at the blood-covered battlefield.. He shook his head though, not saying anything as Genesis seemed to have already started a dialogue. He looked around and winced as pain shot through his body... The spell of the adrenaline had worn off, his wounds begun to hurt badly. He placed a hand over a wound on his stomach before looking around for April, concerned that she may be injured as well.

April was standing over the unconscious Max, who clearly had it worse than any others. Part of his fur was melted, other parts were charred. He had burn marks across him. His body had stopped spasming and lied still.

April, by contrast, seemed perfectly fine. She had a few minor scrapes, but nothing more. She did, however, seem moderately panicked, breathing in very heavily and rapidly despite doing little by comparison

Arcanus breathed in sharply as he noted how badly hurt Max was.. He frowned, discomforted by the very fact that another friend of his was so badly hurt. How could he let this happen...? He should have done better. He should have gotten there sooner. It felt like he couldn't stop reminding himself of how much he'd failed with April... And he couldn't even help Max, either. He sighed as he walked away from the rest of the group and over to the two cautiously, shaking off the depreciating thoughts. He had responsibilities he needed to take to.

"A-...April...?"

April looked back at Arcanus, her eyes wide in confusion and shock and fear.

"Now's your chance." She shook her head. She didn't want to. But she did. But no wasn't the time. But there wouldn't be a better time. If mom was here, this would be so much simpler. It wouldn't even had to happen. Her and Arcanus would be happy and Max would be alright and nothing would be wrong. But would it? It had to be.

Her mind was overflowing with thoughts. She couldn't handle it. She spread her wings to take off into the forest. She needed to get away, storm be damned. As she was about to fly off, she hesitated. Slowly, she turned to Arcanus. "Follow me or don't," she said in a whisper. "I don't care." With that, she flew off into the forest, leaving Max behind for the group as she went a ways in and rested against a tree.

Daisie Daisie

Alistair looked around at the others, he saw a Lucario laying still. He grew concerned as he looked at the others. "What even happened here? I know those dark colored pokemon had soemthing to do with it, but did they just... Ambush you?"

Genesis growled, "Yes, in the storm. We were caught off guard..." Genesis said as Serenity goes over to Max and Arcanus and starts to look at him and his injuries, then looked at April. She then looked back at the Lucario. "We need to get to a Pokemon Center." She said as she looked at Arcanus, and smiled. "You guys were vicious back there, maybe you forgot about the pain during the battle." She said to the Hypno.
Venin looked over at Serenity, and shook his head. "Smiling like always, even after a battle ending with the heavily injured." He growled as he looked at Latios. "What are you all doing here? You guys on some sort of Mission?" The Tyrantrum asked Latios. Latios Latios Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie

With the Shadows gone the threat of the storm was all that remained. Emlas was shivering from being completely drenched in cold water and wind blowing. Dragons did not handle to could well. "Don't worry Emlas, we'll find someplace safe." He told her. In truth, he too was freezing but had to pull through for her. Glancing at the human trainer he scowled. Dispite their help he didn't trust him.

When the Tyrantrum asked him a question he just glanced up at him. The large fossil Pokemon was not ones to be messed with due to their sheer size. "Yeah, you could say that. But right now we need to get out of this storm."
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers

Arcanus looked shocked and a little frightened as April took off into the woods. He shivered slightly as the Pidgeot left him with a bad feeling crawling up his spine. He gazed down at the injured Max quietly, thinking. He... Didn't know what to expect from April at this point. He didn't know if she would hurt him again, if she'd run away, if he would never see her again..

He let out a breath and unsteadily picked up Max. Which was difficult, considering Arcanus' wounds. But he headed back towards the group... Up to Latios. "Will you... Take good care of Max..? I.. Apologize. I know this is a terrible time.. But April needs me, I must go quickly. Please... I will try to return soon."

With the Shadows gone the threat of the storm was all that remained. Emlas was shivering from being completely drenched in cold water and wind blowing. Dragons did not handle to could well. "Don't worry Emlas, we'll find someplace safe." He told her. In truth, he too was freezing but had to pull through for her. Glancing at the human trainer he scowled. Dispite their help he didn't trust him.

When the Tyrantrum asked him a question he just glanced up at him. The large fossil Pokemon was not ones to be messed with due to their sheer size. "Yeah, you could say that. But right now we need to get out of this storm."
Assailant Assailant Daisie Daisie Emperor Of Embers Emperor Of Embers
Venin nodded, and then spoke. "Agreed. Where should we go? We are rather unfamiliar with this area." He said as he sighed. "My trainer wanted to come here to explore and meet new pokemon, but ended up crashing a battle instead." He said as he looked at Alistair, still conversing with Genesis. "It seems like he knew the big bug immediately. Just by looking at a picture of his sibling." He muttered. "Anyways, shall we get going then? I can have Serenity carry the one on the ground if needed." Venin said, trying to make a good first impression with Latios.

Arcanus looked over and realized that Latios was busy with the new Pokemon. He looked down with sympathy towards Max, and set him on the ground. They'd take care of him..

He nodded. "I'll be back.", he simply said before heading off into the deep, dark, stormy woods. His hands and legs were weak and trembling, his body hurt... But maybe he could pull this off. Whatever "this" was.... He'd do whatever necessary. For Max. For Amber. For Nathan, and for April.

As Arcanus drew nearer and nearer, and April could begin to hear him and even faintly see him through the trees, she took a deep breath to try to calm herself, but to no avail. Arcanus finally reached her, and she looked up at him.

"So, you did come. Not that I'm surprised, you're like a sheep in that regard." She frowned. "Since you came, I presume you have a moment?" Her voice was full of scorn, as it had been when addressing him for the past few days, although it wasn't as aggressive. It was much more mellow, even melancholic, and quieter at that.

Arcanus looked down, his heart racing. What should he say? He didn't know if he could even speak. He hid the fear on his face, and swallowed the nervousness in his voice. He shook his head. "Please, if there is something you must say, I... I am listening.".

April looked away from him. "I just..." she sounded exasperated. "I wanted to say I'm sorry, okay?!" She still sounded angry, though her voice was cracking. "I'm sorry for the way I treated you, and everyone else, and I know you don't deserve it but I was just so angry at you and I still am but I don't even remember WHY!" Her voice had rapidly gone from angry to panicked. She wrapped her wings around herself and shook nervously. "And I know you probably won't forgive me and I understand and you have no reason to but I guess some part of me still naively hopes!" She looked at him with pleading and scared eyes. She looked like she was gonna say more, but she trailed off.

Arcanus flinched as April rose her voice... He stood in shock. And... Confusion. "A-April...", he called to her in a shaken voice. He looked down at himself for a moment... He... Felt like all of this was his fault. "Why... Why are you apologizing...?", he asked, a look of bewilderment on his face as he gazed up at her. "You were right all along, my dear.. I was simply too blind to see it... You needn't apologize for crimes you did not commit.".

April paused. She was... right? What was she right about? She couldn't even remember, honestly. A lot of the past few days just seemed like a blur to her. All she remembered was blind rage, had she actually made any points? She looked over at Arcanus with a visibly confused look. "H-huh?" She stammered.

"I... Believe I made a grave mistake. I don't know what precisely I did or... Or when. But...", Arcanus paused for a moment, trying to think of words to say, and biting his tongue as he tried to hold back his tears. "Arceus, I hurt you so much... Seeing you in so much pain... How could I do something like that to you? Y-You... You were so angry, I-I don't want....". He felt fatigued, and hurt in more ways than one. He'd do anything to just make things better, he felt so much guilt for the way April was. He was supposed to fix her..

Assailant Assailant

Last edited:
April looked down sadly. "Arcanus..." she sighed. "You didn't do anything. I don't know why I was angry at you. Why I am..." she shook her head. "I don't know what's wrong with me... but it's not you..."

Arcanus didn't know what to think, or what to reply. He tried to, but he just wasn't sure. He paused for awhile, looking down at the ground and thinking... He shook his head and sat down against a tree as thunder rumbled through the ground. "I don't understand anymore..", he muttered to himself in less of a soft voice.

But he looked up at April. "I don't know... Whose fault this is, precisely. But... I do know that I still love you greatly.", he finally said.

Assailant Assailant

April smiled at him. Some part of her was still angry at him, and she still wasn't sure why... but she shoved it down and away. He was the man she loved, the only man she had ever loved, and she had to make sure she remembered that. She wanted to say something, but she choked on her words. She tried in vain to get something out, but she couldn't. So instead, she simply opted to walking over to Arcanus and enveloping him in her winged embrace. Both to comfort him and to comfort herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back