• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings plots n shit, expect walltext if u rp with me im not kidding

mechanimated

VP of the Questionable Ethics Committee
i need me a literate partner with decent-to-swell descriptive skills. have good grammar and for the love of god don't be scared of using a thesaurus.

i have no gender preference for my characters and don't really care what you wanna play, it's all gravy with me. if you have a pairing preference let me know.

uhhhh

im kind of semi-busy usually so don't expect more than 1 reply every 1-2 days, unless its a good day and we're both groovin' and online together for a while.

uhhhhhhh

das it.

PLOTS (these can be any time period or setting you like)

NOOMBER ONE
A
is a [doctor/nobel/rocket surgeon/time traveling skateboarder/whatever] who has a crippling fear of change. Their life is built all around routines. Wake up at the same time, eat the same thing, go to the same job. Until one day, that reliable, steady, secure job goes up in smoke. They get fired, or the company goes under, or whatever. Then, in the middle of the night, the gas main in their apartment explodes. The wall between their kitchen and the neighboring flat is destroyed. Now A is forced to temporarily share facilities with next-door neighbor B, while the scumbag landlord takes his sweet time getting the damage repaired.

NOOMBAR TOO
A and B attend the same academy, share a dorm building , and share the same all-encompassing ignorance of each others' existence. Until the final year of their studies, when they enter the partnership program. Designed to encourage "inter-disciplinary cohesion", the program partners students in different majors and has them shadow each other to select classes, live together, and work on a project of their own design to be presented for evaluation by the board at the end of the semester. It's supposed to embody both of their chosen fields of study...somehow. This vaguely ridiculous rainbow-coalition kumbaya-ass hippie hug brigade idea wouldn't be more than a nuisance if it didn't determine whether or not they were eligible to pass the semester - irrespective of their actual grades.

NEMBUH TREE
A and B live in the same apartment complex/neighborhood. They've never really interacted much, not more than polite hello's and the occasional wave. Until one day, A gets something of B's in the mail by accident. They unwittingly open the package and find something...weird. Something seriously, really, extremely fucking WEIRD. Half panicked (this is the kind of thing somebody would miss), A figures they should just tape up the box and ditch it on B's doorstep, where it was supposed to have ended up in the first place. Brilliant idea - until B catches A mid-reverse-theft.

PLOTS (these have a specific setting and time period)

NYOOMBUR FORR
War has been the status quo for decades. Almost as long as anyone can remember. This chaotic state of affairs is brought to a (theoretical) end when the ruling king of one of the nations dies. Rumors start almost as soon as his life ends - assassination, curse, karma...It hardly matters. The warmongers replacement, A, is widely regarded as a puppet. Too inexperienced, too airheaded, too young. Too this, too that. Nobles from within lie, cheat, and angle for position. Nations from without - both enemies and allies - send ambassadors in droves to spy on and influence the fledgling ruler. B is one such diplomat, hand-picked by the court of the very empire the kingdom had been so recently at war with, to win political power by any means necessary.

NUMBLER FOIVE
Magic is the root of power. Everyone knows it, though few care to speak of it. There's a reason most every aristocrat, judge, general...basically anyone of any clout...is a, and comes from a long line of, powerful caster. A is one such individual - ensconced in the comfort of their status without much consideration for the ethical implications. Until they discover B - a prisoner, patient, servant, so on - that is talented in magic. B doesn't even realize this. It's a type of casting not taught, reliant on borrowing power by invoking spirits. Old magic. A takes B under their wing to explore this new power - and to uncover why exactly this branch of magic appears to have been wiped from public knowledge.

Ohoh, nooymburr forr and five looks like interesting pieces of plot to me, however I wonder if there is a set time period or such for it, or more like a loose fantasy sort of deal?

Ebony Rose Ebony Rose - Yea, why the heck not.

Ashfeather Ashfeather - I imagined them set in a semi-historical/medieval type setting. Ranging anywhere between candles n carriages and gaslamps n steam engines, ya feel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back