Plot Suggestions

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey guys! Have an idea for a future episode, or something you want to see happen? Post it in this thread and the GMs and I will see what we can make happen.

Lars would like to visit with the GMs to discuss editorial control over the universe please.

Some ideas:

• Something involving a medical technology to suppress or disable the super gene, the ultimate "cure" for supers. See: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hope_Serum 
  • Jumping forward or backwards in time. I know it's a restricted superpower, but if an entire group was jumped back to a completely different point in history and had to find their way back, that could be fascinating. An opportunity to explore supers in prior times, say the American Revolution or World War I/II. It could also be forward in time, jumping forward five or ten years, finding out how AEGIS turns out, etc.

Specifically, going back in time could reveal that our characters are Rapture or were part of Rapture's attack on the Commonwealth for some reason? 

[*]Not necessarily gender-bending, but appearance modifying: Everyone's body turns into that of the person they're most attracted to. It could lead to some awkward, but funny situations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want the kids to have a bowling or arcade day. Just the students having fun with all sort of competitive and/or friendly games >w<
It could either remain fun, or boil the blood of everyone XD

I want the kids to have a bowling or arcade day. Just the students having fun with all sort of competitive and/or friendly games >w<
It could either remain fun, or boil the blood of everyone XD

Football game in a stadium that is scheduled for demolition anyway, so anything goes! :)

I'd love to see a sort of kaiju event of a sort. Essentially either an insanely durable, deadly, monstrous super or creation that threatens to destroy the city. Perhaps a leviathan figure that walks from the waves, bringing tidal waves in its wake. If the destruction of the facility is a problem, then make that something to fight for - the kaiju (or whatever it is) is trying to make its way across the city to sow destruction, and it, for whatever reason, starts at the other end of the city, or at least far enough away that it can be driven back in time to save the facility. That, or AEGIS / Commonwealth could put forth a nationwide call to all supers because everyone they have working on the problem agrees that, if this monster is not stopped, it will destroy the city it is in, but not Baltimore. New York if we want to copy every movie ever.

This would serve three different purposes:

1) Allow villains and heroes alike to work alongside one another. It should make for an interesting dynamic, and make characters more sympathetic, especially the villains.

2) We can really see characters go all out. Like they are throwing every single thing that they have at this monster and they are not stopping. Yes, the S-ranks like Red and Aaron would be doing most of the real fighting, but almost everyone can get shit done in one sense or another. Even non-combative powers like danger sense can be used to help predict enemy movements.

3) It could make this world feel just a little more real. Characters (pre-arranged of course, unless the mods are feeling mean) might well die, and we can see our own deal with that, and how it changes their world view - they can see that powers can and will get people killed. I don't think that's something that many supers here have truly seen and understood. Those that have could support those traumatised by the event, or heck, they might relapse into the sorry state they were in when they first realised it.

I'd be happy to run this / see this run as a non-canon mission - that way character death could be avoided whilst still sort of happening.

Maybe a murder mystery mixed with a cop show? A renowned super giving a speech at Facility 108 suddenly drops dead at the feet of students and AEGIS sends in a team of agents to find out who did it. The plot would subsist of finding out who killed the super and dealing with the AEGIS agents who believe everyone is a suspect and take no evidence that they don't personally find themselves. Basic jerks.

Baltimore is targeted by the S-Rank Villain GAMESHOW who gathers the supers of Baltimore and throws them into his newest game Campaign Mode. Basically, the characters are put up against each other in a battle royale along the line of Hunger Games or...Battle Royale, those who kill someone else gaining admittance to leave and one wish that GAMESHOW will grant for them. While I'm sure most would rather work together to deal with GAMESHOW, it'd be fun to right about having to deal with those who are taking advantage of the moment. (I don't really like this idea, but I'd thought I would throw it up since it was in my head)

A Orphanage in Maryland has been found to be a cover for horrible experimentation dealing with young children who possess the Super Gene. While none of the students are assigned to go in, older Super have already rescued the kids and Facility 108 is the perfect place to keep them. Desperate to get these kids settled in for the time being, approved students who wish to volunteer in a sort of "Big Brother" program allow one of the kids to shadow them for a few weeks. Feed them, care for them, the works. Lot of cool stuff could come about taking care of Super Gene Kids. Temper Tantrums that enlarge the coast line, random thoughts turning off gravity, etc. 

Oh hey I forgot that I never responded to this like I intended to!

@SweetNicole

• The technology exists to dampen and temporarily suppress the super gene, and now you're giving me ideas for the Knights to weaponize it... Hmmm...
  • Although time travel is a restricted power in the roleplay, it probably exists in-universe. You know, one of those one-in-a-billion powers. I could certainly run a mission with that.

@Necessity4Fun

• Everyone just wants to be a kid once in a while! I think I might have a field trip episode - no villains, just kids being kids and learning shit.

@The J

• A kaiju event would be fucking amazing. There's precedent in canon for genetic experimentation gone wrong to create horrific monsters from both human and animals, and it would drag into question as to why animals don't have the super gene in this world (yet, who knows?). I agree with everything you've said and then some, and I think @Teh Frixz might be convinced to consider it as a boss battle, if she knows what I mean...

@DamagedGlasses

• I have never liked nor been any good with the mystery genre, but I'd be willing to let someone take the reins if they can show me a thorough outline beforehand.
  • I want a giant-ass tournament so much, you have no idea. The only problem is, I'm not sure whether to keep holding out for a combat system to materialize, or trust everyone to write responsibly.
  • Mmmmmmaybe. I see like, three different plot threads in that last idea that might stand better alone than together - I personally want to do something involving illegal human experimentation (hence me considering setting up the Genesis Corporation as a faction in this setting), but the idea of an orphanage that is not necessarily a bastion of evil also appeals to me.

Some half (or full, who knows) episode ideas:

• Pick any day following a major event in an episode where Aegis isn't in session and write out everybody's experiences through the day (school, work, home life, city life, etc)—but specifically their interactions with other people. The purpose of this is to highlight the public opinion of supers/TF108 on a much more intimate and personal level than the traditional newscast. Instead, it would be how the city of Baltimore reacts to those newscasts and how they treat our characters (could be negative, positive, overly sympathetic, closet-discriminatory since racist isn't quite right lmao, you get it).
  • In a similar sense, we could make an episode or half episode about a place completely unrelated to Baltimore at all and see how people throughout the country react to the events surrounding the Knights of Raguel and TF108. For example, it could be a Training Facility in Massachusetts or a history class in California or a protest in Washington, DC (for or against supers).

AEGIS 2030.

Four years after the founding of the organization, but four years before the opening of the Sparrow's point facility. I am thinking this could run as a semi-canonical mission to allow exploration of AEGISVERSE Baltimore in the early days. Older characters could explore their dissolute youth, or you could have throwaway characters who will have finished their training and moved on by the time 108 opens. I am picturing more of a focus on vigilantism, mean streets, and gritty feel. Without a facility, there'd be more of a wild and wooly street apprenticeship program feel to 'classes' Learn by doing. Presumably the obvious problems with such a system lead directly to the more formalized system we have today.

Users who are viewing this thread