• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Please! Don't Read! You Won't Be Interested!

StatusUndead

The Cutest Undead
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hiya! Firstly, I'd like to suggest reading the about me section of my profile. It contains lots of goodies, such as what you can expect from me, as well as my expectations for you. I'll give you time to peruse that.

*Sits down*
*Waits patiently*
*Gets bored because you read slow*
*Gets up to make tea*
*Sees a pretty sunset*
*Gets distracted*
*Sits back down*
*Groans*
*Gets back up to make the tea again*
*Makes tea*
*Sits down*
*Burns tongue on tea*
*Cries to self a little*
*Realizes you're staring because you finished reading*

Ahem. So, now that that's out the way... I'm looking for a partner! I know, that wasn't obvious. But now that I stated it, you know! I'll be posting ideas that pop into my head in no particular order. Some may just be pairings, some may be settings and others may be plots, etc.

First idea is a physically strong character and a mentally strong character travelling together, perhaps as adventurers in a fantasy setting, or something. Maybe they take on guild requests or the like. The mentally strong one is a superior tactician, but garbage fighter and relies on the physically strong one for protection. The physically strong one is the fighter of the pair, though their tactics are quite lacking. Without the brain, the brawn wouldn't be able to deal with superior forces or traps, etc. Without the brawn, the brain wouldn't be able to defend themselves from any sort of threat. Yet, despite their weaknesses as individuals, together they make a marvelous pair.

For this one, you can pick either character. I don't have any preferences for gender or sexual orientation for either, so if you have a preference for my character, you can let me know. If not, I'm happy to pick something to compliment yours as best as I can. We can work on the setting and some worldbuilding together, as I don't have anything in mind besides the pairing, as well as perhaps that they travel together and do quests or jobs or something.

For my second idea, I'd like to explore some struggles with personal identity. Preferably a romance. Our characters could struggle with something like being a closeted homosexual among their heterosexual peers, or dealing with gender dysphoria, or something. Other than that, this one's pretty open to any genre, setting, etc.

I want to explore a darker setting for my third idea. I want to explore psychological trauma and/or horrors. This one could be in any number of genres. Perhaps realistic, where our characters struggle to live normal lives due to the horrors of their past, whether that be in the form of extreme abuse in their childhood, or perhaps from dealing with the horrors of war. Or maybe it's dealing more with occult, where demons inflict mental horrors and fears upon them. No matter the setting, even if they've dealt with trauma in the past, they will still have to deal with more in the future. Our characters will be truly tortured.

Our characters will help each other deal with whatever it is they are struggling with. An extremely disfunctional pair that, on paper, should not work together, yet somehow manage to help each other through the toughest times. I have no gender or orientation pairings in mind, or, if it's fantasy setting or something, any races in mind either.

Speaking of races, for my fourth idea, I'd like for us to play as non-human races. Humanoid, so there's some relatability. Perhaps some form of anthropomorphized creature, or fantasy race, or maybe even a made up alien race. We will play as characters from two entirely different species and the story will deal with the interspecies racism that our two species have for each other, which includes our own characters. So, we'll have to force them into situations in which they interact, since they generally wouldn't be willing to be around each other.

There are a few possibilities for this one, but I like the idea of a slice-of-life story. Perhaps a peace treaty was recently signed, or maybe an integration program is put in place. Our characters could be forced to work in the same field or office building. We can workshop that one. As usual, no preferences for gender or orientation.

My fifth idea has us playing as a villain mastermind and their blindly loyal henchman. The villain can be truly evil, or perhaps they are morally good, but just willing to break the law and commit evil acts to accomplish their goal. The henchman is blindly loyal for whatever reason. Maybe they believe the villain to be wise beyond measure, or think their goal is a noble one, or perhaps it's as mundane as they are infatuated with them.

Everything else is pretty open, from genre, setting, etc. I have no preference for which characters we play or their gender/orientations.

My sixth idea is a sort of romance. Realistic settings may fit this one best, but it's open for suggestions. Our characters are both crazy for each other. Problem is, neither of them knows they other likes them. They both have the same approach to remedy this. That solution involves getting the other to admit that they like them, without their own feelings being found out first. This should lead to some funny moments, as well as some feel good moments, too. It'll be more slice-of-life, so no overarching story to follow. We can just stick them in one situation after another as we see fit.

As usual, no gender or orientation preferences.

My seventh idea is also a romance. This one will fall under more of a gender bender, I guess? Anyways, I want our characters to deal with having preferences for genders other than what each other is. They've both been friends for a while, so having them hang out and spend time together wouldn't be hard to set up. Over time, though, they'll start struggling with developing feelings which challenge not only their world views, but their personal identities, how they view themselves or even how the world views them.

My eighth idea is set in a world where most or all people have super powers or abilities of some sort. We drew the short straws, though. We have abilities, but, they suck. They aren't entirely useless. We likely use them in our careers or daily lives, but if we were mugged in an alley way, even by someone with no powers, we wouldn't really have much of an advantage and would likely lose our wallets. Yet, somehow the responsibility of saving the world has fallen onto us.

Not sure how we set up the story to start, or where to take it, but that's the basic premise I had in mind. Our abilities would have to be something that would generally be pretty lame, but perhaps we learn of some creative way to use them, or maybe find some item that helps us, or our characters just somehow get extremely lucky in every situation and it's always set up in a way that we can use our powers to come out on top... somehow. XD

This one's a bit more on the silly side, but we can still give it a bit of a serious tone. Such as the world genuinely being in danger. Some sort of danger that even the strongest heroes can't deal with. Yet, our characters are thrust into the danger anyways.

Ninth idea is another romance. Our characters are coworkers. I'm thinking in some science field or something where intelligence is highly valued. One of our characters is a super genius. Highly respected and generally considered the authority of their field.

The other character is one who is more on the lower end of valued workers. Generally not well respected, perhaps even disliked? There's room to work with there. They do, however, have a single trait, quality or skill of some sort that the genius absolutely adores. It is literally that one quality that attracts the super genius to them above any number of other poor qualities.

I feel like this one has a lot of room for customization. I think modern times or the future is best, so whoever plays the genius can make shit up that sounds smart. As usual, no preference for any gender or orientations.

My tenth idea is pretty dark. Just a warning. It's an abusive relationship. Though it's oddly consentual. Perhaps even a dark, one-sided love? Or maybe the abuser only shows that they care in rare occasions? I'm open to ideas. But the premise is that the abused, for whatever reason, wants to be by the side of the abuser, no matter what. It doesn't matter how many bruises they give, or how many mental scars they leave, or how they take advantage of them.

I don't have a preference for playing either character, nor any gender/orientation. Though I feel the traditional abusive male and abused female gives it a bit more darkness. Anyways, this one's designed to be fucked up. Within rules, of course.

For my eleventh idea, we play characters who are morally gray. They'll help people, but perhaps they demand a cost, or even take what they want. They'll perhaps do the job at any cost, even torture and murder, even if it goes against the wishes of the asker. We can workshop it.

This one's pretty vague. Any setting, gender/orientation, etc.

My twelvth idea is a rather large one. This one will be based upon an epic level of nation and world building. It will be multi-genred. This one will require more work than my other RPs. Lots of planning involved as well. It will also require some level of patience, as at times, especially at the start, it will require a lot of planning. Many times we will be planning much more than actually posting for the RP. Our posts will also generally be longer than usual. We'll be writing not only our main characters, but the myriad stories of the supporting characters and NPCs. Not only for our own nation, but all the other nations as well.

The premise for this one is based upon my love for isekai anime. Stuff like Overlord and That Time I Was Reincarnated As A Slime are a couple of shows that serve as inspiration. For those unfamiliar with isekai or the shows, I will explain.

Isekai is a less a genre and more a setting. It involves one or more characters being transported from their world into another. This can take a variety of forms. From being killed and reincarnated, to summoning, to somehow being transported into a video game.

Isekai tend to have the transported characters be overpowered for the world. Sometimes they show up super strong, like in Overlord, other times they are granted abilities that help them grow quickly and to ridiculous levels, such as the Slime one. Other times, they may have a seemingly mundane skill set, such as a handy man, that makes them extremely valuable in a more medieval setting. Sometimes a god may grant them powers, or they are able to bring over tools, such as a smart phone, etc. Though, being overpowered isn't always the case.

For the sake of ours, though, our characters will be absolutely overpowered. There will be none that can match them. Though, our struggle will not be one of combat. Instead, I'll take inspiration from the two shows I mentioned. In them, the eventual focus is on starting a nation and expanding it.

So, our characters will be transported to a world. I think a medieval/fantasy setting will work best. One with a variety of races. Everything from humans to elves, dwarves and goblins, etc. Combat will generally consist of swords and bows and such, though magic will also be another part of it. I mean, general fantasy stuff there.

Our characters don't need to be from the same world before they're transported. I think it best if we aren't humans, or any race that exists in the world we transport to. Perhaps each of us is a unique race. Though I still think we should be humanoids. I always love the idea of romance, and I feel like it's easiest to do it with humanoid races, even if we are different species. There will also be some freedom in how you get transported, as well as how long you've been there before our meeting. Whether you want to have been summoned, or reincarnated, etc.

As I stated before, the focus of this RP is on nation building. World building will also be an important aspect. This will also focus not only on the growth of our main characters, but the growth of the many other characters that will be part of the story. That means we will also need to work on organizing information on various towns, alliances, individual characters and events, etc. So expect this to be a slow moving RP.

I figure we can start off by having our characters meeting each other. While I don't care if our characters are morally good or evil, I don't want them to be motivated purely by destruction or chaos. They need to be able to see the potential in building a nation together. Even if that motivation is as trite as curiosity, or as grand as uniting the world and bringing about world peace, or anything in between. From there, we can start finding ways to get various other groups to start joining them, as well as throwing in struggles for them to handle as they grow from small village into a town, city, full-fledged nation, etc.

For my thirteenth idea, we will be playing with gender and sexuality. One character will be straight, cishetero. The other will be trans. Both will be the same gender. For example, either a male x trans male, or female x trans female.

This will be a romance. For the straight character, their struggle will be dealing with their sexuality as they, slowly, painfully slowly, realize their feeling for the trans characcter. For the trans, they'll be more secure in their sexuality, but their struggle will be dealing with many current problems. Bullying, finding acceptance, threats of violence, etc.

The cis character is a bit on the heroic side. As in, they're popular, good looking, stand up for their friends and don't stand for wrongdoings, etc. So it's easy for them to accept the trans into their group. Though they may not know they're trans at first. The trans is either gay or bi, or something that allows them to be into the same gender as the cis character. Of course, our cis character wouldn't have any problems inviting even an outrageously gay character into their friend groups.

I am OK playing either character, as well as having us as either gender.

For my fourteenth idea, we'll be playing an overwhelmingly powerful character alongside a city official of some sorts. I'm thinking this fits best with medieval settings. Either realistic or fantasy. Though I'm open to other ideas.

The OP character is just that. OP. So overpowered, in fact, that there's nothing that could physically harm them. They can be either brand new to the world, either born or summoned or transported or something, or impossibly old. A living legend of calamity.

The OP character's power has skewed their sense of morality. They go where they want, take what they want, and kill whoever gets in their way. The killings tend to happen accidentally, as it's just second nature. One day, they happen upon the city the other character belongs to.

The city official will be tasked with dealing with the OP character. They'll have to find ways to convince them to not go around killing anyone who crosses their path, or take whatever they want without paying.

Although I adore romance, this one doesn't really require it. Though, if it happens, I'm cool with that too! I'm OK playing either character with any gender/orientation.

This idea is a romance/slice-of-life. The two characters can either already know each other, or will meet after the story starts. One character is intelligent and perceptive. The other is kind to a fault, but none too bright.

The kind one loves to help people, even to their own detriment. It's also rather easy to take advantage of them. The perceptive one is drawn to that kindness. There comes a point where they both develop feelings for each other.

The kind one kind one has trouble confessing. They can't tell if the other even likes them.

The perceptive one wouldn't have any issues confessing, but they, through their perceptiveness, figures out quite quickly that the kind one feels the same way about them. It would be rather easy to confess and move their relationship to the next level. But the perceptive one enjoys being able to tease the kind one. They are also patient, so they are in no rush to push their relationship forward.

I figure this story can be a bit of a tug-of-war. A back and forth of sorts. The perceptive one needs help, so the kind one helps, maybe even to their own detriment. Maybe with things like other harassing them, or needing a huge amount of work done or the like. The perceptive one then realizes someone's taking advantage of the kind one, so helps out by dealing with them. Or any other hijinx we can think of to put them through.

I don't have any setting or gender/orientation preferences.

This next section will be for characters that don't have their own story.
I have ideas for characters that don't have their own specific genre, setting or story. If any of these characters interest you, lemme know. If you want, we can either build a story using one of my characters that you want to play with, or if you like the idea of playing with one of them in one of my previously mentioned ideas, lemme know. If you don't mention any of my characters, then I'll create an original one for our story. They may or may not have names. I may also leave out things like gender and orientation, which would mean those are negotiable. I will also add characters as I think of more, as well as delete characters if they're picked.

My first character: A non-biological mechanoid creation. They have a build that roughly resembles an average human woman. Not designed to be overly beautiful, sexy or athletic looking. They also present themselves using female pronouns. They are built and function entirely from mechanical opponents, so their body is comprised mostly of various shades of blacks and grays. There are also no electrical components. Everything functions purely from gears, screws, levers and the like. That includes their brain.

It's brain functions similarly to an analog computer. A series of gears and switches create ones and zeroes that can output thoughts and functions. Of course, the parts involved in this are very small and precise, otherwise in order to achieve anything beyond simple calculations would take up a huge amount of space.

The marvel of engineering in their design is absolutely unfathomable. On top of that, their body contains redundancies, so if a part of their body is damaged it doesn't all just cease to function. And should they sustain enough damage to "die," they could be repaired.

My second character: This one could be a demon, or alien, or some type of fairy or fae creature. They are short and small, maybe three to four feet tall. They have two sets of arms. One set is above and slightly set foward, the second is below the first, and slightly set back, as well as a little longer than the top set.

They also have two sets of wings. Black, leather-like bat-like wings. They are set around the shoulder blade area of their back. Though not massive, they are powerful enough to propell them through the air quite quickly.

They also have two sets of eyes. They are set one above the other. The top are large and round. There is no distinguishable pupil or iris. The entire eye has the appearance of a nebulous cloud of stars in the night sky. Like looking into a starry universe with nebulous clouds of gas made of purples and oranges. This set is used for peripheral vision of sorts. They can't see vivid details, but they see in a wide area without any general focus.

Their bottom set of eyes are a curved, narrow slit that contour to the shape of the top set. Though they don't open much, these are their focusing eyes. They are white with small red and black dots in the centers. These eyes are generally kept closed. They are used for looking at things in detail. Sort of like a magnifying glass, they can see a small area in great detail.

Maggcle is pronounced Mag, like magnet, and cle, like icicle. And Cl is just a repeat of Cle. Similarly, Zl is just a repeat of zle from Fizzle. They are meant to be played as a sort of double character. A duality. Two parts of the same whole. Generally in a setting with magic or powers of some sorts. They can also just be played as regular twins in a realistic setting. They can also be played as individual characters, if you wanted to play with one or the other.

Maggcle Cl is female while Fizzle Zl is male. They are both the same height and weight, though the features of their bodies are slightly different. Maggcle has a rounder face and softer features. Her chest and hips are more pronounced. Her body is more slender and soft. Fizzle has a more chisled face with angular features. His shoulders are a bit broader and his muscles slightly more defined.

Their changes are very subtle, though. Overall, they are fairly androgynous. Their personalities also have differences, though they can be difficult to tell when they are together and focused on the same task. They'll do many things together, even have conversations with others. If they are asked a question, for example, they'll both answer at the same time, saying the same thing. Though they have different personalities when separated.

Maggle Cl is feisty and highly animated. She's head strong and doesn't often think things through. She is highly curious and enjoys social situations. She's also very kind and loyal to her friends. She wouldn't think twice before jumping into a dangerous situation to save a friend.

Fizzle Zl is the opposite of Maggcle. He is intelligent and wise. He is calm and calculating. Not that he isn't kind, but if his best friend asked for five bucks, he'd calculate everything from the effect on themselves and weigh it to how much their friend needed it and the impact it would have. He thinks in a similar manner in all situations. So it makes him seem cold and distant at times. Despite this, he would generally have more success than Maggcle with dealing with the same situations in which she would dive in head first.

When they are together, they become a combined mix of themselves. Each of their more extreme traits becoming tempered.

For this character, their hat is a massive part of their being. Emphasis on the massive bit. The character is quite short. Their hat is enormous. Roughly as tall as they are and in the shape of a witch or wizard's hat. It is made of thick, yet soft fabric. The pointy top doesn't stay straight up, but rather it crumples in on itself and flops about to the side. The super wide brim droops down slightly and bounces about as they move about. The brim is roughly their arm span.

The hat isn't a living entity. Despite that, it has the capability to create arm like apendages from the bottom of the brim. They are made of the same clothe-like material. As such, they aren't super durable, nor do they possess great strength. Still, they can be used to wield weaponry or other items, or just grab and move things, etc.

That's kinda it for the hat. It doesn't have some super impressive power or anything. I don't want it to be part of a super powerful story or anything.

The person attached to the hat is fit for an adventurer type role. Though there's some flexibility, if they fit. Their personality has some flexibility. Though I plan on having them be a low level magic user. It'll be a compliment for the low level combat abilities of the hat.

This is meant for a story where they aren't the hero of the story. Though, if you wanted to play alongside them in another capacity, I can upscale their power.

Hmm. Well, I suppose that's all for now. I do have a preference for romance being involved in my stories, if the stories themselves aren't straight up romances. I have other ideas, I'm sure, I just can't think of any more right this moment. I may or may not update this with ideas in the future. I'm also open to hearing out ideas you have, or hearing any suggestions for changes you have to my current ideas.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this! I hope to hear from you. <3

Last edited:
Is it okay if i’m a minor? i’m interested in the second idea.
My apologies. I tend to gravitate towards romance and dark topics. Writing these topics with a minor in the intimate setting of a 1x1 make me feel uncomfortable.

Added two new ideas. Also added spoilers, as it was becoming a tad long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back