• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Playing With Matches

pulpfiction

can i get a fucken uhhhhhhhhh

embed.php
tumblr_nk3nreePWM1qb9pa3o1_500.gif
Soulmates -- a highly controversial yet rather enticing concept. Many people spend their entire lives searching for Mr. or Mrs. "Right"; others choose to stay clear of the idea for various reasons. Maybe you're one who believes in true love and happy endings... Or maybe you're one who has faced so much heartbreak that the concept of finding your happiness is seemingly slipping through your fingers. Whatever your case may be, you are now seeking help from an atypical source -- a matchmaker. Yep, that's right. The infamous matchmaker. Oh, what a foolish idea! Or... Is it?

Whether you chose to seek her guidance out of your own free will or the pressure of another, the lovely Mrs. Rivera is here to help. After having you complete a short survey for her files, she insists that she will do all she can to find your one true match. Weeks go by with no word from the supposed matchmaker, making you begin to grow more weary of the situation. You're on the verge of giving up, feeling awfully disappointed in your failed attempt... And then the email arrived.

no slide
no slide
no slide
You've got mail!
Send New Email
New Email Received
Ava Rivera
Your Love Awaits!
Send New Email
New Email Received

Hello again! This is Ava Rivera; your one and only matchmaking savior! I am sending this email to inform you that I have processed your survey and have found you a match! If you are still interested in meeting the love of your life, please reply to this message or simply call 1 - 800 - 555 - 5683. If you do not respond within the next 48 hours, I shall assume my services are no longer needed and stop further communication until notified otherwise.

I hope to hear back from you very soon! ~ Ava

Responding to her message, you are further informed that in order to meet your "match", there is an even more interesting procedure to follow. For the next several weeks, you will be required to spend your days residing in and inn with a multitude of other people; one of which is labeled as your soul mate. Hesitant at first, you ultimately decide to go as this could be the chance of a life time. After all, you are the one who signed up for this. The only goal now is to figure out if who you are destined to be with is really right for you. Will you figure it out by the end of your time here? Or will you fall for another? Or perhaps no one at all?

w r i t t e n | b y | @oOBubblesOo

c o d e | b y |
@pulpfiction

embed.php
tumblr_n6ii2tZKoD1s9rujjo1_500.gif

- Try to create original, unique characters. No Gary Stus or Mary Sues, please. Diversity (whether it be in face claim, personality, backstory, sexuality, or gender) is encouraged!

- Use "fade to black" whenever necessary.

- Mild profanity and violence is allowed for the sake of added drama.

- Respect the other role players in the OOC. If problems arise, there will be only one warning before you are kicked.

- No godmodding/bunnying/what have you as it takes away from the story for everyone else.

- No, this most likely won't be an even gender ratio, as characters' sexual preferences may vary.

- To indicate you've read the rules, put your favorite romantic movie quote/gif somewhere in your character sheet.

- Romance is obviously encouraged so long as we keep things at your typical PG-13 levels.

- Try to post at least thrice a week and inform @oOBubblesOo of any extended absence to avoid the re-opening of your spot(s).

- Keep posts to a respectable length (7 sentence min.) in order to keep the story flowing. More is encouraged but not necessarily required. However, any less than a solid paragraph is discouraged as little can be done with such a small response. I can understand writer's block but on occasion; not in every single post.

-Try to use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling to the best of your ability.

w r i t t e n | b y | @oOBubblesOo

c o d e | b y |
@pulpfiction

Last edited by a moderator:

embed.php
tumblr_nt8dnw7GN61spk3foo2_500.gif

A FEW MORE THINGS WE NEED TO ESTABLISH:

- We'll be choosing characters by quality of writing. This is
not first come first serve.

- Users who are guaranteed a spot are @oOBubblesOo (since she made the roleplay duh), and yours truly.

- There will be 4 or 5 couples, depending on whether we get 8 or 10 characters.

TAGS:

@oOBubblesOo (here's the Interest Check!)

-

@Ethereal

-

@SpectroVector

-

@Semblance

-

@Despondency

-

@AbstractAnnabella

-

@JujuBee

-

@Amora Aurora

-

@QuixoticKitten

-

@lostviolence

-

@MidnightSoul

-

@Rida

-

@Zatanna

-

@Sunkissed

-

@Teddy Squirts

c o d e | b y | @pulpfiction

Yes yes and yes! This is so beautiful, I am definitely signing up :) Thanks for the tag bb

This reminds me of the reality show, called Are You The One, in case any of you have seen it ahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
Semblance said:
Yes yes and yes! This is so beautiful, I am definitely signing up :) Thanks for the tag bb
This reminds me of the reality show, called are you the one, in case any of you have seen it ahaha
Yaaaassss bby looking forward to your beautiful character/s! :-D

This RP sounds very interesting! Also, the show Are You the One? sounds vaguely familiar. I don't think I've seen it, but maybe I've heard people talking about it in the past.

Semblance said:
This reminds me of the reality show, called Are You The One, in case any of you have seen it ahaha
Love that show!!! This last season the people sucked at trying to find their matches xD

SpectroVector said:
DIS EST SO COOL BRB FANGIRLING OVER THAT GIF OF DANE DEHAAN AND DANIEL RADCLIFFE
AAAHHH I WANNA WATCH KILL YOUR DARLINGS SO BAD

pretty much going to download it once my internet stops being crappy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back