• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Platonic/Friendship Roleplay (CLOSED)

friendship-too.jpg

Hello all! I’m WhimsicalWriter, also known as Whimsy.

I’ve found myself really craving some platonic roleplays lately. Best friends, sisterly/brotherly bonds, and the like. Please read all of my rules and hopes before responding! ^_^

Rules
--I am 21 years old, so I would prefer you to be 18+.
--I do not do incest, pedophilia, underage, or age gaps over 10 years.
--For this search I am looking for OCs only.
--I tend to write between 1-3 paragraphs (so no one-liners please!).
--Have decent grammar and spelling.
--My schedule varies; sometimes I can respond multiple times a day, and other times I can only respond a couple times a week.
--I can roleplay on RPnation or Discord.
--If you like a pairing but not the plot, that's all right. I'd love to hear your ideas instead.
--To the right of the pairings I've put what genders (M=Male, F=Female, NB=non binary) I would prefer them to be, but I can be convinced to do others.
--I prefer anime faceclaims or written descriptions.

Hopes for the Roleplays
--While I don't want romance between our main characters, I'm down for them having romance with a side character or side characters falling in love.
--I'd love to have multiple characters, especially if they have differing sexualites/genders/body types.
--I'd prefer to start off the roleplay with our characters either disliking each other, not knowing each other, or simply disinterested in each other. Then we can build a wonderful friendship from scratch!

Plots and Pairings

• Supervillain - Superhero’s Sidekick (M/F, M/M, F/F, NB/NB, NB/M)
  • Player - Uninterested Person (M/M, M/NB)
    Two very different men work at the same office and sit in cubicles next to each other. One is a player who constantly flirts with the other employees, and the other is a serious guy who just wants to get his work done. Unlike everyone else, the serious guy is not enamored by or jealous of the player; in fact, he treats him rather coldly. But when their boss has to take an impromptu trip and leaves a big project behind, the player and serious guy have to make themselves work together.
  • Bartender - Bouncer (F/F, M/M)
  • Instinct Member - Valor/Mystic Member (M/M, M/F, F/F, NB/NB, NB/M, NB/F)
    This plot is based on the theory that the war Lt. Surge was in was between the three Pokemon Go teams. While Instinct has attempted to remain neutral, Valor and Mystic’s battles continue to get more and more gruesome. A is a member of Instinct who accidentally walks into a fight between a Valor and a Mystic (either one of them can be B). The cave collapses, and A ends up trapped alongside B. A and B must work together to escape the cave. But once they make it out, they realize that Instinct has also been pulled into the war. A and B have to decide whether to forgo their friendship and fight each other, forsake their teams, or figure something else out.
  • Student Club Leader - Delinquent (M/F, F/F, NB/F, NB/M)
    (Based on SKET Dance, but you don’t need to have seen it to understand this plot.) A is the leader of SKET, a student-run club dedicated to taking on any student request, whether it be helping to run a school festival or finding the principal's stolen wig. However, a club must have at least three members to be official, and they only have two. (The second person can either be a side character or a main; they’re only a member in name and don’t actually help A with activities.) A tries their hardest to find a third person and, after much begging and searching, their last hope is B, a delinquent who hasn’t joined any clubs.
  • Model - Model’s Gardener (M/M, F/F)
  • Ancient Djinn - Ancient Vampire (M/M, M/F, F/F, NB/NB, NB/M, NB/F)
    A djinn and a vampire, both immortal beings who have been alive for over 1,000 years. They're bored and tired of "life" at this point, but they don't particularly want to die either. By chance the two meet and, able to relate to each other like few others can, decide to search for interesting things to do together.
  • Famous Solo Thief - Crime Lord (M/F, M/M, F/F, NB/F, NB/M)
  • Otaku - Rival Otaku (M/M, M/F)
    In a high school there are two otakus who wear their titles with pride. They aren't afraid to broadcast their love for anime and video games, and due to that they have a begrudging respect for each other. But that's the thing--it's only a begrudging respect. Due to something that happened in the past or them just plain not getting along, the two always end up in heated arguments. However, when one of the otakus wants to start an anime club, they realize they can't do it alone, and there is no one more suited to help than their rival. Bonus: Later on another plot point can be them trying to make a visual novel together.
il_340x270.565765231_2i2k.jpg

Last edited:
Good Day!

I am ‘teaanddice’, or tea, or Sam. I am interested in doing some of these, if you are still interested at all.

Stuff You Might Want to Know
  • I am 22 years old
  • I can write well, although I am a mathematician, so I may have dry technical-writing lapses.
  • Don’t have a preference for here or Discord. My formatting may be slightly better on Discord, since I’m not doing it off my phone, but I’ll be able to check more frequently here. So, either way works for me. Depends on what you want.
  • Very flexible with plot and pairings, and am willing to do literally anything. However, some stories I may take more seriously then others. (i.e. I’d take your proposed Otaku story as purely comedic, your knight/mage story as purely serious, and your djinn/vampire a mix of the two).
  • If you don’t have any preferred pairings (or just don’t like choosing), feel free to tell me, I can choose one.
And that’s it. I like your idea of building non-romantic relationships. Excellent idea.

Hi, I'm ink! Also a twenty-something, just recently returned to rpn. It's been forever since I've done a 1x1 but I think the delinquent/student president could be really fun. I also actually prefer written descriptions so, nice!

Hey! I had an idea which I feel we could merge together. Could you possibly message me!

I’m actually interested in the Uninterested person work plot. Just a bit about me: I’m 18, almost nineteen in less than two months. I’ve done a lot of 1x1 plots in the past. Am willing to play side characters and stuff *jazz hands*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back