• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital Pixel Art

Dagfinn

Maid Of Doom
Ehh, I'm trying to one a day or every other day...
Here is the last few I've done.
If you have a request feel free to ask, most of my ideas are throw away. I'd rather make something someone wants.

Early Morning

QT.png

Phone Booth

Phone booth.png

Lucario [Request from a friend]

lucario.png

Bench [???]

Bench.png

Rocky Water

Rocks.png

Demi-Girl

DemiGod.pngDemi Girl.gif

RPN [The website palette works great for a website, but it's kinda ugly on it's own]

RPN.png

WOOOAAAHHH  :O  This is so super cool! I especially love the phone booth. 

Where did you learn these amazing skills? Also, what program do you use and can you show how you work? I really want to get into pixel art myself but don't even know where to start ;A;

WOOOAAAHHH  :O  This is so super cool! I especially love the phone booth.

Thanks! That's one of my favorites too, I made it a button

IMG_5940.JPG

Sorry for potato, my phone takes bust photos.

Where did you learn these amazing skills?

I'm self taught I guess? I mean I looked at a lot of pixel art tutorials online and most of them where so complex I didn't understand or so simple they were useless...
Mostly I just look at other peoples art and mimic what I like about it, without being identical.

Also, what program do you use and can you show how you work? I really want to get into pixel art myself but don't even know where to start ;A;

I use GIMP, it's free for Mac and PC. So whatever you're on it should work.
As for where to start... I can't say specially what is best for everyone [or anyone]. However, personally I looked at old video game sprites. They're simple and small.
Amethyst.pngAmethyst [SU]

Ghost.pngGhost

Or if you don't like that, draw things that are simple and familiar. Things that are basic in colour and shape, just so you get a hang of things.

Hello Kitty [Requested by a friend]

Hello Kitty.png

Steven Tag [SU]

Steven Tag.png

Stevonnie [SU]/[First thing I drew]

1.png

Thanks! That's one of my favorites too, I made it a button

View attachment 212343

Sorry for potato, my phone takes bust photos.

I'm self taught I guess? I mean I looked at a lot of pixel art tutorials online and most of them where so complex I didn't understand or so simple they were useless...
Mostly I just look at other peoples art and mimic what I like about it, without being identical.

I use GIMP, it's free for Mac and PC. So whatever you're on it should work.
As for where to start... I can't say specially what is best for everyone [or anyone]. However, personally I looked at old video game sprites. They're simple and small.
View attachment 212344Amethyst [SU]

View attachment 212345Ghost

Or if you don't like that, draw things that are simple and familiar. Things that are basic in colour and shape, just so you get a hang of things.

Hello Kitty [Requested by a friend]

View attachment 212346

Steven Tag [SU]

View attachment 212347

Stevonnie [SU]/[First thing I drew]

View attachment 212348

Thank you so much for the info! I'll give it my best shot  ^_^  I might start by using my normal art as a base just to get the hang of proportions and such...

Also looking forward to see what other awesomeness you create! 

Thank you so much for the info! I'll give it my best shot  ^_^  I might start by using my normal art as a base just to get the hang of proportions and such...

Also looking forward to see what other awesomeness you create! 

I've seen some people take their own sketches, size them down and continue from there.
I don't do that, but it might work pretty well for you.

My gosh! These are awesome! If i may, if you are still taking requests could I request my character, k.d.?

Here's a pic, K.D.

If you are still taking requests....would you do a dapper-looking pug like in my profile picture?

omg. Um... How do you feel about tentacles? XD

'cuz I might have a request for my high fantasy Lust demi-demon thing.

It's PG I swear

Last edited by a moderator:
My gosh! These are awesome! If i may, if you are still taking requests could I request my character, k.d.?

Here's a pic, K.D.

I love this character, it would be fun to draw.

If you are still taking requests....would you do a dapper-looking pug like in my profile picture?

I could do that [probably, lol]

omg. Um... How do you feel about tentacles? XD

'cuz I might have a request for my high fantasy Lust demi-demon thing.

It's PG I swear

I might be able to do that... If I had a reference of some kind I would be able to give a more solid answer xD

If you'd like we can do an art trade, I like to give back if i can! Plus this thread is too awesome!!!

Yea, me either, but I'm basically giving  an return art piece for you doing my character, so if you'd like I can do any of your oc's if you'd like

Also just for reference that pic of K.D. would be an example of my drawing type

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, me either, but I'm basically giving  an return art piece for you doing my character, so if you'd like I can do any of your oc's if you'd like

Also just for reference that pic of K.D. would be an example of my drawing type

I haven't drawn a lot of OCs yet xD
Actually I think only two of my images so far are OCs. The "Early Morning" and "Bench"...
I should start drawing more OCs though, ha.

Lol , well truthfully it's any piece you'd like or a description of anyone you want drawn

Your pixel art is wonderful! Do you mind if I ask what size canvas you were using when you drew the first 7-8?  :)  I've finally got my brush settings figured out, but I'm never satisfied with the size of my canvas... 

Btw your other drawings are great, too! <3  

Your pixel art is wonderful! Do you mind if I ask what size canvas you were using when you drew the first 7-8?  :)  I've finally got my brush settings figured out, but I'm never satisfied with the size of my canvas... 

Btw your other drawings are great, too! <3  

Most of the time I do a 100x100 canvas and then size it up to 400x400. There are some slight differences here or there, but that's my general go to when it comes to size.

Oh, lovely pixel art, I must say!  I've always wished I could do something like that.  Keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back