• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Pitching a few ideas...

Which idea interests you the most?

• Last Man Standing

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Juvenile Detention

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • The Trail to California

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chimney Swift

i am confusion
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hey!
I just joined, but I wanted to pitch a few ideas for RPs! These would all be in the Realistic or Futuristic sections, and would be open to as many players as possible! None of the tirles are final, and all ideas are open to suggestions for improvement. So, without further ado...

Idea 1:

Last Man Standing
Level: Casual/Detailed
Characters: Any gender, ages 12-20

This idea is halfway between 'The Hunger Games' and 'Naked and Afraid'. Dark themes such as death, starvation, disease and possible cannibalism are to be expected.

In a nation where pollution is at an all time high, the average life expectancy is way down and most people are self-sufficient before the age of 13, the elite are looking to lower the population and regain environmental stability. In order to entice the lower class citizens to put themselves in mortal peril, a televised competition was put into place.

Contestants are chosen randomly from eligible citizens (only the sick and disabled are excluded), put into teams of four, and transported to an artifical forest filled with hidden cameras. You will be alone when you arrive, and it is up to you to find your teammates... an avoid your opponents.

The goal is to be the team with the most living members by the end of the four-week run. All contestants are supplied with a uniform and colored armband that signifies their team. Weapons, food and supplies will be hidden throughout the woods.

Now, unlike the Hunger Games, murder is not allowed. Those who intentionally kill another contestant will be 'eliminated'. That said, you are allowed to injure, steal from or otherwise indirectly 'cause' the deaths of your opponents.

The remains of those who lose the game will be left to be looted --or consumed-- by remaining contestants. Aside from murder, anything is allowed. Betrayal, sabotage, hoarding of resources, you name it.

Be prepared.

Idea 2:

Juvenile Detention
Characters: Inmates (any gender, ages 10-18) Guards and Staff (any gender, 20+)

Deep in the midwestern United States lies the highest security facility for minors. These kids aren't your ordinary misdemeanor delinquents. They're full-blown criminals. Some are spree killers, others are drug dealers or master thieves. Whether they simply wreak havoc for the thrill of it or are on their way to become organized crime leaders, there's no way they'll be breaking out of this jam anytime soon... or is there?

Players can form bonds, pick fights, apply for parole or try to sneak out. Just beware... the guards are armed and ready to chase you down.

Some dark themes may crop up.

Idea 3:

The Trail to California
Characters: Any gender, any age!

Based off the Manifest Destiny movement of the 1840s, you and your family have joined a large wagon party headed west to start a new life in California. Like most wagon trains, you start in the town of Independence, Missouri and embark on the trail through the mountains and deserts of the American wilderness. But beware: the trail is not for the faint of heart. Harsh winters, fierce wildlife, dwindling resources, and time itself will all be against you. Will you reach your destination unscathed, or succumb to the many perils of the trail? You don't want to end up like the Donner Party, do you?

As with the other ideas, expect dark themes. Any character may die, so I advise making more than one.

Let me know what you guys think! If an idea gets enough support, I'll make the OOC and Character threads for it.

Currently each idea seems to have 2 votes! If its still a tie tomorrow I'll cast a tiebreaker vote, but I'd like to have a majority decision.

Any and all questions/suggestions are still welcome!

Last Man Standing and Juvenile Detention are currently in the lead at 3 votes each! I'm ending the poll at noon EST.

Fear not, those who voted for an unchosen idea: the rejected ideas may not necessarily be scrapped! I might pitch them again at a later date if i get bored or something.

Hey!
I just joined, but I wanted to pitch a few ideas for RPs! These would all be in the Realistic or Futuristic sections, and would be open to as many players as possible! None of the tirles are final, and all ideas are open to suggestions for improvement. So, without further ado...

Idea 1:

Last Man Standing
Characters: Any gender, ages 12-20

This idea is halfway between 'The Hunger Games' and 'Naked and Afraid'. Dark themes such as death, starvation, disease and possible cannibalism are to be expected.

In a nation where pollution is at an all time high, the average life expectancy is way down and most people are self-sufficient before the age of 13, the elite are looking to lower the population and regain environmental stability. In order to entice the lower class citizens to put themselves in mortal peril, a televised competition was put into place.

Contestants are chosen randomly from eligible citizens (only the sick and disabled are excluded), put into teams of four, and transported to an artifical forest filled with hidden cameras. You will be alone when you arrive, and it is up to you to find your teammates... an avoid your opponents.

The goal is to be the team with the most living members by the end of the four-week run. All contestants are supplied with a uniform and colored armband that signifies their team. Weapons, food and supplies will be hidden throughout the woods.

Now, unlike the Hunger Games, murder is not allowed. Those who intentionally kill another contestant will be 'eliminated'. That said, you are allowed to injure, steal from or otherwise indirectly 'cause' the deaths of your opponents.

The remains of those who lose the game will be left to be looted --or consumed-- by remaining contestants. Aside from murder, anything is allowed. Betrayal, sabotage, hoarding of resources, you name it.

Be prepared.

Idea 2:

Juvenile Detention
Characters: Inmates (any gender, ages 10-18) Guards and Staff (any gender, 20+)

Deep in the midwestern United States lies the highest security facility for minors. These kids aren't your ordinary misdemeanor delinquents. They're full-blown criminals. Some are spree killers, others are drug dealers or master thieves. Whether they simply wreak havoc for the thrill of it or are on their way to become organized crime leaders, there's no way they'll be breaking out of this jam anytime soon... or is there?

Players can form bonds, pick fights, apply for parole or try to sneak out. Just beware... the guards are armed and ready to chase you down.

Some dark themes may crop up.

Idea 3:

The Trail to California
Characters: Any gender, any age!

Based off the Manifest Destiny movement of the 1840s, you and your family have joined a large wagon party headed west to start a new life in California. Like most wagon trains, you start in the town of Independence, Missouri and embark on the trail through the mountains and deserts of the American wilderness. But beware: the trail is not for the faint of heart. Harsh winters, fierce wildlife, dwindling resources, and time itself will all be against you. Will you reach your destination unscathed, or succumb to the many perils of the trail? You don't want to end up like the Donner Party, do you?

As with the other ideas, expect dark themes. Any character may die, so I advise making more than one.

Let me know what you guys think! If an idea gets enough support, I'll make the OOC and Character threads for it.

When will the threads be up? Do you already have rough templates or do you plan on leaving the work to after the poll closes?

When will the threads be up? Do you already have rough templates or do you plan on leaving the work to after the poll closes?

The threads will be up probably about an hour after votes close. I have everything planned out for all 3 ideas as far as character sheets and additional information go, but nothing is written out. But i write fast, so the CS form might be up in as little as 10 minutes after the poll ends!

The threads will be up probably about an hour after votes close. I have everything planned out for all 3 ideas as far as character sheets and additional information go, but nothing is written out. But i write fast, so the CS form might be up in as little as 10 minutes after the poll ends!

Well, great; I look forward to it.

We're down to the final 5 minutes, guys!
Once again, Last Man Standing and Juvenile Detention are tied. Send in your votes! There's still time!

And... the results are in!!
The final result was a tie, and the tiebreaker vote went to Last Man Standing.

Because of the tie, Juvenile Detention has been prioritized for the future. Once things slow down, I'll reintroduce that idea to interest checks.

CS and OOC pages for Last Man Standing will be linked here soon. Thank you to everyone who voted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back