• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Pirates & Ancient Aliens, no it's not the newest POTC plot. It's 7th Sea!

Ixacise

Pull my devil trigger
7th Sea is wonderful game that is also wonderfully batshit as it melds Swashbuckling action, courtly intrigue, and drama along with a detailed and utterly insane conspiracy laden metaplot filled with DEMONS/ALIENS out the ass within its fantastic Europe analogue.

Basically if you picture Three Musketeers, rayguns, and some Indiana Jones you got like the core concepts of 7th Sea

But enough attention grabbing gushing about the game.

It's time for the specifics of the game.

Regarding tone and direction I'm fully embracing the weirdness because it leads to cuhrazy which for me is fun to run. So in regards to the plot there is none or rather an obvious and immediate one. But it won't be a sandbox rather it's just going to be loose episodes of adventures with some stuff building up as you hopscotch around the world either due to either plot taking you there or like because you want to. As well like options for choosing a "layer" the setting offers for adventures with an obvious slant to exploring the fantastic/sci-fi stuff that's tucked underneath the more normal swashbuckly and courtly intrigue type stuff.

So basically You want to do some of the more like down to earth politic type plothooks cool. You want to dig around with some of the more interlinked conspiracy type stuff? I can do that . You want some Demons/Aliens? Awesome ! You want the full monty of craziness?

Strap yourself in kid

Gt+implying+you+can+get+off+mr+bones+wild+ride+_8328c08c5cd990b20e49f8d294c966e2.jpg

Some pre-game rules and declarations:

-This game will be open to all splats save for Avalon/!England for reasons that will reveal themselves. Also yes I'm aware some of the secret clubs might be at odds with each other but jut message me and we can work something out.

-There will be usage of houserules and homebrewed content for the game which will be further detailed on the game's thread. Some examples of said stuff might be some "flyover" countries to fill up Thea to make it less empty and stuff, removing the stupid Drama Die=extra XP thing, and other tweaks to the rules. Also you can use that like one homebrew compilation that gives new magic trees and Ye olde Gunkata™.

-Despite the slant towards people familiar with the setting I can take in newbies. It's not a terribly complicated system and the only think I ask is that you pay attention and read through your nationbook for the goodies it gives and more importantly plothooks to attach to the character.

-I will give extra drama dice or something if you do the tarot reading char gen minigame with me.

-You will be starting a higher level/power because of various reasons such default heroes being weak and you guys are gonna need a hand to like take on some of the stuff hidden away.

-Eisen and the magic dragon mud is cool and all but I will only allow one Guts clone

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/7th-sea.121794/

For those interested here's the link

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I had it at 175 or maybe 150?

Much less than that I had it at 125

I need to check the starting points but suffice to say you'll be beefy especially with like rejiggering of the prices and the elimination of the two separate level up currencies.

Also the destiny spread consists of having cards drawn out with the arcana being a hubris or virtue and the non arcana consisting of various things that can help cobble your backstory and give benefits like phat lewt or membership in exlcusive circles. All for the low price price of ten points

The virtues and hubris stuff might be rejiggered since hubris are like get extra points for char gen while having a convenient GM screws with you button.

I dunno I might give a small XP bonus or soemthing when its used or maybe extra drama dice or something. Because it's not gamey enough for my tastes to just have it as roleplay element and have it mandatory to compensate for it losing its use

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you willing to teach people the system?

If so, I'd love to make some kind of utterly insane magic using sky-pirate.

Also. Whats this about a Tarot Reading Minigame? I'd be willing to give it a try- on one hand, choosing my own arcana thingie is cool.. but this seems like fun, and more immersive.

Kinda makes me think of the Ogre Battle series of games openings. Would it be an IC RP thing, like- flashback to Character as a younger person, having a Tarot reading?

I might try to do something fancy and in character with the destiny spread. But mechanically what it does is that I gm draw cards and it randomly generates aspects to your character. You get two major arcanas one being a hubris and a virtue and then the minor/ regular playing card suits giving you anything really.

So just trust the heart of the cards to serve you well.

Part of the fun is the randomness and trying to piece together the various plothooks it provides into something coherent should you get something crazy

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/7th-sea.121794/

It's up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back